PDA

View Full Version : All About FEDERATIONS:

tjoe
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
What fed do you compete in?
Why?

What feds are notorious for passing sketchy lifts, and which feds are super strict?

Are certain feds more suited towards equipped or raw? (aside from 100% RAW of course)

I ask because I don't know :)

As for me, I have only done APA meets so far. For me it boils down to location. The APA has a few meets around here throughout the year and I do not have the time/money to travel to meets as a hobby. If I were cashing in on them some how it may be a different story.

I do NOT know how the APA stacks up against other feds though and any insight would be appreciated.

SoxFan11
10-26-2010, 11:32 PM
The meet I am doing in December is AAU and they have craptacular regulations- raw means nothing but a belt; feet my be flat when benching; etc.

SoxFan11
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
tjoe- I noticed that the APA events in New England seem to lean towards push-pull. Do they have any full power APA meets around here? I like their definition of raw!

tjoe
10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
check powerliftingwatch.com
I think I saw a meet in NJ. Too far for me, about 4-5 hour ride. Kinda of a lot for hobby and my crazy schedule. I would liek to do a full power though!!

SoxFan11
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
check powerliftingwatch.com
I think I saw a meet in NJ. Too far for me, about 4-5 hour ride. Kinda of a lot for hobby and my crazy schedule. I would liek to do a full power though!!

I think even the one in February is push-pull. That's where I got the info on the others around here. All seem to be just P-P. I thought they were a powerlifting fed, not a group of pussies.

tjoe
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Lol!

Mr.Bones
10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I've only done APA so far as well.

It's been sick so far!

crashcrew56
10-29-2010, 09:13 PM
I've competed in the UPA and APF, I enjoy both. I like that the UPA has a raw and multi-ply division at every meet, it's great for introducing new lifters to powerlifting, and they get to see and learn a little about equipped lifting. The president of the UPA is all about making sure the squats are judged tightly., he really doesn't like to see high squats get passed.

The APF is the old multi-ply standby, it's been around forever. It's a good fed, with good a lot of great lifters in it. The judging has usually pretty good from the meets I've been to and lifted in.

I have never seen any SPF meets, but from all the videos of lifts I've seen get passed, it is definetly one of the more loosely judged feds out there, a lot of high squats, and questionably locked out benchs. The have a weird rule about not allowing any videos of squats from the side view, kinda makes you wonder.

bad bad leroy brown
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
SPF meets look like they are judged very loosely.

Crashcrew: they actually have that rule? So I'm assuming no side judges then?