PDA

View Full Version : Tuna

tjoe
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
we're talkin in the can(5oz) here, no that good grilled stuff.
So to get 50g of pro I need 2 cans at a whack.
I usually just eat it straight but it gets old quick.
any ideas to spruce it up a bit??
Oh yeah, with no carbs!

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 12:10 PM
olive oil and some italian seasoning

tammyp
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
a couple spoonfulls of oat bran
spices
2 egg whites
1 can tuna
1 tsp ff mayo

bend and fry up

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
sounds tasty....

could work with salmon too

red barraca
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
i can of tuna 1 whole egg half cup of oats,tsp olive oil chop onionor chopped

Rayrod
02-12-2009, 06:58 AM
I use salsa

Rayrod
02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
also try starkists new yellowfin marinated tuna in roasted garlic olive oil

red barraca
02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Rayrod;12754]also try starkists new yellowfin marinated tuna in roasted garlic olive oil[/QUO mmmmmmgoood!have you tried it with real blue crab.

Rayrod
02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
No. Is it good.

HanSoLo
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I just slap on some "Franks red hot" when eating it straight makes me want to puke, tastes pretty decent

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
put it in a blender with diet soda and a scoop of WPI

tammyp
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
rinsing it off too helps get rid of the fishy taste.

BigJD69
02-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I just mix in some Omega Mayo and Lemon juice.

The Celt
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
2 cans of tuna + 1 small can of french cut green beans. i get some odd looks in the lunchroom @ work with this...

musclegoddess65
02-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Rinse and add some cumin to it....

if/when you can do carbs, I love canned tuna and mexican style stewed tomatoes

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Open can. Drain. Grab spoon. Take other hand and close your nose shut. Inhale as fast as possible. Breath. Take a big swig of water. Breath again. Release nose.

Serious answer: Any 'bold' spice you can find to mask the taste is going to do wonders.

Razer
02-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Tuna cakes are the best. Rinse and drain WELL then add lemon juice to cut the fishyness and mix in some horse radish.

You could add leftover mac and cheese (that your kids didn't finish) topped with tuna mixed with light mayo and then top the tuna with light dusting of Italian bread crumbs.

Come here momma let me SMACK you!!!!!

tight booty
02-16-2009, 07:14 AM
I hate tuna on its own but I do make some yummy fish cakes with it. :p

Rico MacTaco
02-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Starkist makes a can of tuna fillet in extra virgin olive oil. Taste awesome! I never use anything else to flavor it. Once you try it you will ditch the plain pink shit forever!

HARDCOREB
02-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Franks hot sauce, mustard, or my fav... Taco seasoning!!!

Bubba Bronko
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I hate tuna on its own but I do make some yummy fish cakes with it. :p

Well share with the class on how u go about making "yummy" fish cakes

Bubba Bronko
02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
1 can tuna
1 whole egg
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard
Some oats to hold 2gether
Half a jalepeno
SOme chopped spinach and onions
Spices of choice

Fry it up top with any thing and serve on 2 slices of Ezekiel bread

needtogetaas
02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, with no carbs!
TUNA AND SWEET PEA SALAD/low fat
Ingredients:

2 cans (7 oz. each) water-packed white tuna
1 1/2 c. fresh raw peas (or 10 oz. pkg. green peas, defrosted)
1/2 sm. red onion, sliced into rings
6 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
6 Tbsp. low-fat lemon yogurt
2 Tbsp. minced fresh (or 2 tsp. dried) mint leaves
Fresh parsley sprigs
Directions:
Drain and flake tuna into a serving bowl. Mix with peas and onion. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and mint. Stir into salad gently. Garnish with parsley

needtogetaas
02-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Spicy fish mix.
This recipe can be used to top salads, pack in wheat wraps, or to top off
brown rice you name it have fun with it.
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 chili pepper, chopped
1 half Vidalia onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth low sodium
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets (you can use tilapia, red snapper, even tuna if you like)
1 fresh lime
Directions:
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the chili, onion and garlic until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the chicken broth and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Place the halibut into the mixture. Sprinkle with lime juice. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until the halibut is easily flaked with a fork use this in or on just about any thing. I like to top brown rice with it. You could even eat it as-is if you are going for low carbs

Viking
02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Rotel!!!

AVBG
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Chili flakes

Big Al
02-23-2009, 01:37 PM
4 cans of tuna (5oz each)
4 whole eggs
1 small onion
2-3 tablespoons of low fat or fat free mayo
Makes 3 portions of around 50 grams of protein each

MisledYouth
02-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Dude, that's so fucking gnarly!

...what flavor of WPI??

bigdaddyd
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Open can. Drain. Grab spoon. Take other hand and close your nose shut. Inhale as fast as possible. Breath. Take a big swig of water. Breath again. Release nose.

Ugh, that is pretty much how I eat it when I can stomach it. Ya'll are tougher than me cuz I can't stand tuna unless it is sushi or grilled

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
I like a little mashed avacado, mustard and chopped red onion. Yumm...

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Salsa: 10 ounce can of tomatillos (including juice)
1 med. onion
1 clove garlic
2 mild chili peppers (seeded and chopped)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 small hot pepper, or to taste, seeded and chopped (optional)

Make salsa: puree all salsa ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade or in a blender.
This is great mixed (to taste) with canned tuna. :)

OR...you can even serve it on top of hot tuna fillets. A good recipe is just to brush the tuna fillets with oil. Put some cilantro in a fish grilling basket and place fish on top...cover with a bit more cilantro, secure basket and grill for 5 mins.
Turn basket, cont. grilling until fish begins to flake when tested with fork.

When done, it's great served with green sauce, butter (optional) and warm tortillas. Sliced lime makes a great garnish as well.

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 09:52 PM
4 whole eggs
1 can albacore tuna
slice of cheese
onion chopped
cloves of garlic chopped
green pepper chopped

Fry the onion, garlic and green pepper. Throw in eggs, when almost done mix in tuna. Cook until eggs are done, add cheese.

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 09:54 PM
1 can tuna - drained
Mayo or mustard depending on your taste
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 pinches or so of spicy alfalfa sprouts
and pepper

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
1 can albacore

1/2 cup brown rice

4 good shakes of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipoltle

1 cup spinach

3 tbps of miracle whip

Mouse
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
A friend of mine turned me on to a great site that delivers really good sushi quality fish. I'm definitely planning on trying to make my own sushi and rolls if I can master making the sushi rice but they also have this recipe that I'm going to try as well:

Seared Tuna with Jasmine Rice and Wasabi Ponzu Sauce

4 4-ounce sushi grade tuna fillets
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 tablespoons wasabi paste (to taste)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups jasmine rice, freshly cooked

Combine the soy sauce, chicken stock, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium saucepot and bring to a simmer. In a small bowl combine the wasabi powder with just enough water to make a paste. Combine the wasabi paste with the soy sauce mixture and hold in a warm spot.

Heat the vegetable oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Place the tuna in the pan and sear on all sides. Remove the tuna and drain well on a towel.

Place a large spoonful of rice in the middle of each of four serving bowls. Slice the rare tuna and fan 5 to 7 slices around each bowl of rice. Spoon 1/4 cup of the ponzu sauce over the tuna. Garnish with additional wasabi paste and herbs or baby greens as desired.

fitbody
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh yeah, with no carbs!+

tuna, mustard, spices (i like hot ones) & Udo's oil
if you can have lettuce
get a big piece
and roll the above mixture in the middle of it ;)

Peaceful28
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery, diced red onion, sugar free sweet relish, generous curry and cinnamon.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery and red onion, lots of yellow mustard (or other kind if you want) and generous dill.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery and onions, lots of Italian dressing made from just vinegar, water, and the seasoning mix. You can sprinkle with oregano or italian spice, too.

-Plain old drained tuna, sugar free sweet relish, diced onions and celery, sea salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper

-Drained tuna, real soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic powder. You could add liquid sweet n low (no carbs) to this if you want some sweetness. You could experiment with vinegar, too, for sweet n sour taste.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, salsa (regular, fresh, or roasted)

vatel
03-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Mix it with some peanut butter! Sounds weird, but it is actually really good, this is the only way I eat it now.

John Romano
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM
WARNING: HARDCORE!!

Regardless of how much clinical data exists in support of modern protein supplements, some diehard muscle heads just insist on drinking blended tuna - yes, blended tuna. Some people still believe that we as humans were meant to eat food, not take supplements. Hence, to those few, drinking tuna is the only viable low-fat protein meal replacement (it's a great way to get your mercury too). At the very least, you’ve got to admit that drinking a blender full of liquified tuna fish is hardcore - you’ve got to be one bad-ass if you can swig down 4-6 cans of tuna a day. In my book, drinking tuna even eclipses Rocky’s morning cocktail of six raw eggs. C’mon, a tuna shake? You gonna drink that? You go, boy!!
Drinking tuna is one thing, the taste is another. Yes, I admit it - I tried it. And let me tell you, YUK! isn’t a big enough word. This fact must also be shared by certain other hardcore lunatics because over the years I've had requests or offers for recipes for tuna shakes, (both with and without alcohol). Naturally, I couldn’t resist this thread and offered the following recipe. Ready for the hardcore?

TUNA SHAKE ROMANO
1 1/2 - cups cold V-8 juice
2 - TBS. white onion, finely chopped
1 - TBS. fresh celantro, finely chopped
1 - tsp. your favorite hot sauce, more if you like it really hot
juice from 1 lime
1 - 6oz. can water packed albacore tuna, drained.
1 - shot tequila (optional)

No rocket science here, just dump everything in the blender. Pulse a few times to get everything moving and then turn the thing on full blast for about a minute or until the content looks totally liquified. Adjust seasoning to taste. You might want to keep the cans of tuna earmarked for blending in the refrigerator, this helps keeps the shake cold without adding ice. This recipe makes one shake, containing:

Calories - 250
Protein - 39g
Carbohydrates - 15g
Fat - 2.5g

How’s it taste? Well, let’s just say if you ever need to be tube-fed you might request this as an alternative to typical canned meal replacement fare. However, if a tuna shake is your cup of tea this should do the trick. Enjoy....

tight booty
03-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Chili flakes
That will rev up the metabolic rate too, which is a bonus if you are trying to lean out.

tight booty
03-02-2009, 03:03 AM
-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery, diced red onion, sugar free sweet relish, generous curry and cinnamon.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery and red onion, lots of yellow mustard (or other kind if you want) and generous dill.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, chopped celery and onions, lots of Italian dressing made from just vinegar, water, and the seasoning mix. You can sprinkle with oregano or italian spice, too.

-Plain old drained tuna, sugar free sweet relish, diced onions and celery, sea salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper

-Drained tuna, real soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic powder. You could add liquid sweet n low (no carbs) to this if you want some sweetness. You could experiment with vinegar, too, for sweet n sour taste.

-Drained tuna, sea salt, salsa (regular, fresh, or roasted)
Now those receipes sound really good.....:p

Rattbones
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
hot sause and brown rice

bignready
03-06-2009, 08:53 AM
damn, Romano! im not that hardcore yet i guess:eek:

ChunkyThunder
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
I just slap on some "Franks red hot" when eating it straight makes me want to puke, tastes pretty decent

brown mustard and red hot mixed together is good

Chebster
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I like tuna with a couple of teaspoons of fresh salsa and chilli flakes. I doubt any diet would deny the use of a bit of tomato goodness. If I'm feeling a bit more needy I'll chuck on some non fat cheese and nuke it for a bit. It taste painless and mexican.

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Chili flakes

the burning helps the tuna go down .lol

Peaceful28
04-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Tuna Melt Patties - (Makes 2 patties)

1 6oz. can tuna, drained
1 egg white, beaten
2 tbsp. oatmeal (quick or regular)
2 tbsp. onion, diced (or ¼ tsp onion powder)
¼ tsp garlic powder
salt or salt substitute & pepper to taste
2 tbsp. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (optional)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except cheese together in a small bowl. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Make two small patties by spooning ½ of tuna mixture into each side of the pan and lightly pressing with fork to flatten into a patty. Cook until both sides are brown. Top with 1 tbsp. cheese and serve alone, on top of light bread, or with sides of choice.

Peaceful28
04-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Tuscan Style Tuna Salad

2, 6-oz cans chuck light tuna, drained
1, 15-oz can small white beans, (cannelloni or great northern, rinced)
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:

Combine Tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate before serving.

NUTRITIONAL VALUE:

Calories: 410
Fat: 15 g
Protein: 33 g
Carbs: 37 g

Makes 4 servings

Sensei
04-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Mix it with some peanut butter! Sounds weird, but it is actually really good, this is the only way I eat it now.

I gotta 2nd this one! A friend of mine tried this so then I did too, & I found that the PB killed the tuna aftertaste! So dont knock this until you tried it! Add 1-2 TBS of PB to your can of tuna!!!

Biggie973
07-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Tuna with Brown Rice Salad
Ingredients:

3 5-oz. cans solid white albacore tuna
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup chickpeas
3 scallions, sliced
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
7 oz. container reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. light Italian dressing

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine yogurt & dressing. Pour dressing over salad & toss until fully coated.

Nutrition Facts: Serves Four, per serving
358 calories, 33g protein, 44g carbs, 6g fat

Biggie973
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Tuna & Cream Cheese Omelet

Ingredients:
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
5 oz. can chunk white albacore tuna
2 tbsp. light whipped cream cheese
Cooking spray

Directions:
Liberally coat a frying pan with nonstick spray & place over medium heat. When pan is warm, pour eggs in & let set slightly, without stirring. In a small bowl, combine tuna & cream cheese & set aside. Slide a large spatula under eggs to loosen from pan & then pour tuna mixture onto one side of eggs. Using the spatula, fold the other side over tuna mixture. Cook until the eggs are fully set.

Nutrition Facts: Serves One, per serving
298 calories, 42g protein, 3g carbs, 12g fat

Irish
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Make sure its fully drained, throw it into a plastic jug, add a bit of tomato sauce and then mix it around, simple but thats what I do every day. This takes away the dryness and fishy taste.

You could add herbs or chilli flakes like AVGB said.

schullax
07-21-2009, 01:46 AM
kimchi chigae with tuna...

3 cups kimchi
8 oz canned tuna (drained)
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or oil of your choice)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium or whatever you prefer)
beef or anchovy broth to cover

1.) cut kimchi into 1-inch lengths

2.) heat a pan. fry chopped garlic and crushed ginger in the oil. add the kimchi and cook for a minute.. then add the tuna (make sure it's drained well) and add the soy sauce and stir, then add beef or anchovy broth to cover the kimchi. bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.

3.) eat and enjoy.

if you want more spicy add red pepper flakes. you make anchovy broth by boiling 5 or 6 anchovies in water for about 20 minutes and then straining. alternately, you can use a piece of kombu and boil it for about 20 minutes.

you can also buy tuna that is specifically for making kimchi chigae.. it's in a spicy sauce. you can find it at korean markets or online. (koamart.com has some)

feel free to add some chopped green onion and chili peppers to garnish.. as well as some tofu for extra protein.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q5SpTKazer0/ScBu_rxNt0I/AAAAAAAAEQQ/wK1Z2TS_8lw/s400/kimchi+chigae+1.jpg

BadAssBarbie
07-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Dude, I mix some wierd stuff together too, but THAT sounds totally NASTY!!!

anabolic fyre
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Tuna Burgers mad easy and mad fuckin good!!!

Toast some ezikiel bread, or any wheat bread if u cant get ezikiel on the darkest u can toast it till its almost burnt then when its ready break it into little pieces and mix wit tuna and an egg or 2, you can now make it into burgers nd just put it on the pan or grill... eat wit some ketchup or w/e you like its fuckin good try it!!

Biggie973
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Tuna-Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients:
• 2 cans of tuna (drained) or cooked whitefish
• 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 pinches black pepper
• 1 clove garlic (chopped)
• 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
• 1 whole egg (beaten)
• 1 cup tomato sauce (optional)
• 4 bell peppers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the peppers and tomato sauce. Mix well, making sure the tuna chunks break down. Mix till it becomes a paste. Once you’ve made your stuffing, set it aside. Cut the tops off the peppers. Discard the seeds, but keep the tops. With a spoon, fill each pepper with the stuffing. Be careful not to overfill. Once you’ve stuffed the first pepper, replace the top to cover the stuffing. Repeat this for all the other peppers. Line a baking pan with the tomato sauce. Place the peppers in the pan and top with the remainder of the sauce. The sauce is just to coat the peppers; they need not be saturated. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Use a spatula to serve.

Nutritional Info:
372 calories, 39 g protein, 36 g carbs, 8 g fat

figurebre
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Sautee mushrooms w/ a dash of soy sauce and some spray butter
top over tuna!

browny133
11-13-2009, 08:52 AM
i like to make one of them low calorie powdered soups with hot water and empty 2 cans into it. goes down real easy and you have a wide range of flavours:-)

shade
01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
tuna, cashew nuts, lambs wool lettuce and chilli sauce.

GRAVESY
01-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Never tried this myself, but I have heard before that the combo is suprisingly tasty.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
pico de gallo, mustard with stevia, any of the walden farm products. I would cook it though on the pan.

Heavy Metal
01-18-2010, 01:44 AM
One that I do once in a while that I hav'nt seen posted here is a can a tuna in with my egg salad sandwiches.

Your basic egg salad sandwich concoction with a can of tuna added,may have to add a bit of xtra (light mayo).

Along with some lettuce and whole grain toasted bread.

Does not taste great but isint so horrible.

Beware-very stinky breath....

EarlGreyuk
03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
mustard or cottage cheese

mp340
06-20-2010, 01:28 AM
2 cans in bowl, washed of coarse and Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning. It makes just about anything edible.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I chop up onions and put in dijon mustard and splenda and cook together on the stove.

Salsa works good too especially chipotle flavored....

oklahomeskillet
07-18-2010, 08:21 PM
My favorite dieting condiments for tuna:

- Green Tabasco
- Frank's Red Hot
- Plochman's Chili Dog Mustard
- wasabi mustard
- chipotle mustard

Sometimes I'll also add some Hatch green chiles...'cuz they make everything better ;)

Biggie973
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Tuna Melt

Ingredients:
5-oz. can solid white tuna, drained
1 shallot, chopped
1 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayo
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro or parsley
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 celery stalk, finely sliced
A few dashes hot sauce (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
1 medium tomato, sliced
1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat broiler. Combine first eight ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread tuna mixture evenly on both slices of toast; top with tomato slices & cheese. Place sandwich halves on a baking sheet & broil until cheese bubbles, 3-5 minutes.

Nutrition Facts(Serves One)
535 calories, 61 g protein, 40 g carbs, 14 g fat (4 g saturated), 7 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 1,175mg salt

Side Note:
Make sure your bread says "100% whole wheat" or the first ingredient includes the word "whole"

texlex
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Walnut and Onion Tuna Patties- these are BOMB

1 can of tuna, drained
2 egg whites
chopped walnuts (or almonds) its just to get that crunch in there as well as healthy fats
chopped onions (pre sauteed)
1/4 cup of oats
spices to your liking- garlic salt, cayenne pepper, etc...

pan fry with olive oil flavored pam, delish!

yeahbuddy
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
a couple spoonfulls of oat bran
spices
2 egg whites
1 can tuna
1 tsp ff mayo

blend and fry up

I just tried my own version of this and it was actually damn good!

I crushed up about 15 crackers instead of bread crumbs and mixed in some Mrs. Dash, oregano, and basil. Mixed this with tuna, an egg, some spicy mustard, teaspoon of light mayo. Made about 5 cakes out of the mixture.

Fried them up in some Mac nut oil until golden on both sides and served with some lemon juice and horseradish.

yeahbuddy
02-12-2011, 06:17 PM
By the way, I tried the Tunapple cocktail (tuna and apple juice in a blender) a few years back. I was able to get it down and the apple juice covered the taste pretty well, but I will never do it again. Drinking fish is gross.

barbelman
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
The best tuna is from tight booty's snatch! Taaaaastey!

Carry on.

x100696
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
I love adding a no sugar bbcue sauce. It really disguises the taste

Costco77
02-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Lemon is always a great add to tuna, it really cuts the fishy taste.

I'll either go with Lemon, Mayo, salt, pepper or Mayo, some kind of mustard with salt and pepper.

To complete the sandwich with a nice slice of fresh sourdough or Italian bread, and top it off with avocado, or Claussen's sweet pickles, and alfalfa sprouts.

This is my go to meal.

ZenFit
03-31-2011, 12:17 PM
tuna, onions, green peppers, splash of garlic

LIQUIDEX
03-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Since we're on the subject of tuna............How real is the mercury scare

i love my tuna, i like to have a can/day of chunk light tuna.......

is this healthy, or should reduce my consumption

Thanks

Mike Conley
03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd say the way most of us here eat stand a lot less of a chance of anything than the fat asses that eat under the Mcd's rings. Just my opinion. As for my tuna, MUSTARD!! MMMMM!!!

NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM
03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Canned Tuna? It is a HECK NO for me..lol...no offense but just dont enjoy eating canned fish

nsp
05-07-2011, 04:17 PM
-1 can of tuna
-1 pouch of hickory smoked tuna (just for added flavor without add calories)
-3/4c. dry oatmeal
-3 eggs
-mix together to make a batter. separate them into 2 batter and throw them on the skillet and flip after the sides are golden brown.

It's even better (if you don't mind an extra 6grams of sugar) to use the garlic and herb pouched tuna instead of the hickory smoke, and melt a slice of chedder over the patties.

nsp
05-07-2011, 04:19 PM
-1c. cooked brown rice (cooked)
-1can of tuna
-1 pouch of hickory smoked tuna (again just for flavor without the calories)
-1/2c shredded chedder
-few dashes of crystals hot sauce

Mix and Nuk and it's ready

ONLY2
05-07-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't eat tuna, but if I did it would be flavored like chicken.

Michealleo
10-11-2011, 02:25 AM
i think that you guys doing fine ... everyone has his or her own way to eat tun .. i just take some with boiled spinach .. And i really love to eat it with some boiled rice too ..

SinOrSlim
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
TUNA PATTY MELT!! CHECK OUT www.sinorslim.com for the recipe and macros!!!

http://sinorslim.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/IMG_0449.jpg

BlueBaron
02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
one thing i've tried during prep was to mix my yam, greens and tuna together, throw an eggwhite in there for texture and lay it flat on a cookie sheet in the oven. bake it for about an hour at 350 and your good to go! lol

georgeman22
08-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Tuna with less amount of chilies. Yummy.

georgeman22
08-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow it sounds good and increase hunger as well.

TonyElTigre
05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I always add mustard to my tuna it gives it a lot of flavor you can also pan fry it with spinach and seasoning with a little olive oil this makes for a tasty snack too. I think that you should also try hot sauce on your tuna gives it a really good kick that you are sure to enjoy. Let me know

Ironbrian82
03-25-2014, 11:22 AM
250g baked potatoe, 1 drained tin tuna, 100g low fat melted cheese and baked beans

Bbyars
06-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I just slap on some "Franks red hot" when eating it straight makes me want to puke, tastes pretty decent This is pure genius. I have like a gallon of that stuff at work for when i get tired of my chicken... never thought of it on tuna too.. but like grandma puts that shit on everything, so why cant i?!