PDA

View Full Version : INBA(australia)

jtg987
10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
has anyone competed with the inba? I'm thinking of doing my first contest in the first half of next year. I am a natural (depending if jack3d is considered 'natural' or not) and want to do a natural show, mainly cause I don't want to rock up to another federation and compete against juiced lifters who will blow me out of the water.

has anyone got any good info/stories/comments about competing in the inba?

Sledge
10-31-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure about the INBA their seems to be so many natty feds these days. Shoot AVBG a message in case he misses this thread. He's a natty that competes in the IFBB. Not sure if he competes in the natty feds too though. he has his finger on the pulse of bodybuilding in aust though so still should be able to point you in the right direction.

jtg987
10-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure about the INBA their seems to be so many natty feds these days. Shoot AVBG a message in case he misses this thread. He's a natty that competes in the IFBB. Not sure if he competes in the natty feds too though. he has his finger on the pulse of bodybuilding in aust though so still should be able to point you in the right direction.

will do cheers

AVBG
10-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I love competing in inba Aus shows. They're well run, great prizes, worlds best wada testing. What more can you ask for? My next show will be the 2011 Mr Sydney.

ronin_ts
11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I’ve competed a twice in INBA (syd titles and NSW) can say out of the federations I’ve watched and competed in. INBA are the most well run show, they give you goodies such as bags , dvds and a cd of photos of the show. You feel like your treated like an athlete and rather then waiting for a nightshow..your division is judged there and then and winners announcered after prejudge , optional posing routines then awarding of the trophies

tight booty
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I've competed in ANB here and they've been awesome. Never done an INBA show, but I have many friends who have and they all have good things to say about the INBA!

meatheadio
11-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Cant offer first hand experience, but a few mates of mine compete in the INBA and love it,best federation around. Apparently the drug testing is the best around,but I know a few guys who compete in the INBA who use in the off-season.One guy is a touch a 100kg @ 9%,and whittles away to the mid 80's by contest time since he has to 'clean up'.
Is it cheating?Of course it is,and I personally hate it. Just goes to sho that people will always figure a way to beat the system.

jtg987
11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
.One guy is a touch a 100kg @ 9%,and whittles away to the mid 80's by contest time since he has to 'clean up'.
Is it cheating?Of course it is,and I personally hate it. Just goes to sho that people will always figure a way to beat the system.

thats pretty dissapointing, I'm sitting here concerned cause I just found out my fat burner has 1 3-dimethylamylamine(oxyelite pro). Now I'm worried it wont clear out of my system by the time the competition comes around(I think the first contest is mid april).

has anyone been to a show? is it similar to the wff, where you do your posing routine, then mandatories then posedown?

AVBG
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
No not like WFF

tight booty
11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Cant offer first hand experience, but a few mates of mine compete in the INBA and love it,best federation around. Apparently the drug testing is the best around,but I know a few guys who compete in the INBA who use in the off-season.One guy is a touch a 100kg @ 9%,and whittles away to the mid 80's by contest time since he has to 'clean up'.
That is cheating! This person should compete in a non drug tested federation. He isn't a natty!

Sledge
11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
It's just kinda silly. Even if he wins he know's he didn't so what's the point. I'd rather come dead last honestly than win like that.

tight booty
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
It's just kinda silly. Even if he wins he know's he didn't so what's the point. I'd rather come dead last honestly than win like that.

Yep....he's not only cheating the true natties but he is also cheating himself!

mdvsony
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I love competing in inba Aus shows. They're well run, great prizes, worlds best wada testing. What more can you ask for? My next show will be the 2011 Mr Sydney.

INBA? or ANB?

I'm planning on doing the ANB Sydneys in May...but in saying that haven't really looked at the comps around the same time...

mdvsony
11-05-2010, 05:13 PM

at the end of the day no matter who turns up, you should only look at yourself...whether you improved and beat the last time you went up.

At first i know it can be disheartning (sp?) to lose to someone who is'nt natural but just look at it from you point of view....did you look your best and how can i improve to keep beating myself...

AussieMuscle
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
That is cheating! This person should compete in a non drug tested federation. He isn't a natty!

I know of guys who do it but they compete in both. They can't win the non-drug tested feds so they cheat to win something. You are right, they are cheating everyone in the show including themselves.

AVBG
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
INBA? or ANB?

I'm planning on doing the ANB Sydneys in May...but in saying that haven't really looked at the comps around the same time...
More than likey INBA.. I will check out the dates for the ANB as they've recently lifted their game in testing.. last regional show in QLD they had 8 failed tests.. good sign

tankygirl
11-06-2010, 05:47 AM
thats pretty dissapointing, I'm sitting here concerned cause I just found out my fat burner has 1 3-dimethylamylamine(oxyelite pro). Now I'm worried it wont clear out of my system by the time the competition comes around(I think the first contest is mid april).

has anyone been to a show? is it similar to the wff, where you do your posing routine, then mandatories then posedown?

There are no routines in the INBA shows, just line up, mandatory poses, symmetry, call outs, posedown, medals and trophies handed out.. all over in one go.. great shows, but the guy who runs the Brissy ones is a total jerk... runs a great show but shouldn't be allowed to speak to the competitors prior to the comp...

In the comps he has run this year I know of two different competitors who he has told who is going to win the class they have just registered for... and what a surprise he is right... and another one who he made change the class she wanted to enter because a week out from the show he made her show him her abs and said she would never make it in the class she was going to go in... these are first time competitors and he shattered all three of them in the week prior to the comps... JERK