PDA

View Full Version : On the Road to Freakyville......

mastersfreak
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
This journal will chronicle my road to being in the best shape ever. I have journaled before but it has been a long time. I’ve also been a competitive natural bb’er (masters) and a sponsored athlete for a couple of different companies, but have decided to align myself with Procard Nutrition by Chris Aceto. I have been a long time fan not only of his supplement line since it came out, but also his extensive knowledge of nutrition.
My current nutritional plan is designed around his ideas and philosophy of both off-season and contest nutrition approaches.
I am 5’10” and weigh around 187lbs. Tomorrow I’ll begin posting my daily workouts, pre and post supplement and nutritional routines.
Below is my routine, and supplement list. It may very week to week performing a different ranges of exercises, reps and poundage’s. I am not an overly strong fellow so do not wait for any spectacular poundage’s to be displayed J

Ecdy N7 (whey protein)
KreOxi Pump (pre-workout)
Nordrenalean HSL (fat burner)
GH Accelerator PM Formula (before bed)

Mon: Back
Tues: Chest
Wed: calves, ab’s
Thur: legs
Fri: Shoulders and arms

Hammerfit
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Welcome to our little hangout freak, is that what you want to be called?

bryantone
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome.. Now how bout a pic:yep:

mastersfreak
11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Welcome to our little hangout freak, is that what you want to be called?

Ha- freak will do...... :D

Welcome.. Now how bout a pic:yep:

I may put one up soon......

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mac
11-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Welcome to RX mastersfreak

mastersfreak
11-03-2010, 07:49 AM
My workout this morning was outstanding. One of my favorite body parts to work are my calves.
Tomorrow will be legs..

HS Ab Crunch
9 sets. Poundages and reps varied with sets 8 & 9 going to complete failure.

Seated Calf
3 plates, 4 sets x 15-20 reps
1 plate, 6 sets x 10-12 reps (alternating calves)

Cardio: 20 minutes, medium intensity on the elliptical

Pre-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy + 1/2 serving of oats + KreOxi Pump
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before
GH Accelerator PM Formula

mastersfreak
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I plowed my quads and hams this morning. No telling how they are going to feel in a couple of hours...

Leg Press SS/ Walking DB lunges
4 sets

Leg Extension
4 sets

Seated Leg Curls
4 sets

Hack Squats
3 sets

SDL w/DB
3 sets

Pre-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy + half peanut butter sandwich + KreOxi Pump
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

Baldiewonkanobi
11-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome. Do freaks take pics and share?

Baldie

GerryT
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
lol, Baldie!!

Freak, great to see you here. If you are aligned with Chris Aceto, that is already a leg up.

Good luck with prep. Want any posing advice just holler. Will probably be working with a couple masters competitors. Best wishes and respect.

mastersfreak
11-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Welcome. Do freaks take pics and share?

Baldie

Baldie, I may put some up in the near future. Would be a good way to help see any progress being made...

lol, Baldie!!

Freak, great to see you here. If you are aligned with Chris Aceto, that is already a leg up.

Good luck with prep. Want any posing advice just holler. Will probably be working with a couple masters competitors. Best wishes and respect.

We'll do Jerry thanks. At the moment I do not really have any contest plans, but we'll see. Mostly just trying to add size.

mastersfreak
11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Outstanding workout this morning, had a really painful pump going. I workout Mon-Fri so I have the weekends off, but I am already looking forward to working my back on Mon...

Seated Presses
5 sets

Lateral Raises
4 sets

Reverse Fly (peck deck)
4 sets

Reverse Tricep Pressdown
5 sets (set 5 was a drop set)

Tricep Extensions
4 sets

Single Arm Rope PD's
2 sets

HS Preacher Curl
3 sets

Machine Curl 90 degree bench
3 sets

Alternating DB Curl
3 sets

Pre-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy + half peanut butter sandwich & KreOxi Pump + 1 Nordrenalean capsule.
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

mastersfreak
11-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Back is probably my favorite day in the gym. I really enjoy the work that goes into building the back. Lots of hard heavy work.

Rack Pulls
2 plates x 20 reps
2 plates x 20 reps
4 plates x 10 reps
4 plates x 10 reps

Lat PD's
130 x 15
130 x 15
150 x 8
150 x 8

Machine Rows
130 x 10
130 x 10
130 x 10

Reverse Peck Deck
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Assisted Wide Chins
2 sets to failure

Pre-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy + 2 slices of whole wheat bread & KreOxi Pump + 1 Nordrenalean capsule.
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

mastersfreak
11-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Outstanding chest workout this morning. I walked out of the gym with a very wicked pump. I had so much blood in my chest my skin was discolored. Gotta love it..

HS Incline Press
(45) x 25 reps
(45) x 25 reps
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(25) x failure

HS Decline Press
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12

Peck Deck
70 x failure
70 x failure

Pre-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy + 2 slices of whole wheat bread & KreOxi Pump + 1 Nordrenalean capsule.
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

Hammerfit
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Outstanding chest workout this morning. I walked out of the gym with a very wicked pump. I had so much blood in my chest my skin was discolored. Gotta love it..

HS Incline Press
(45) x 25 reps
(45) x 25 reps
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(45)(35) x 10
(25) x failure

HS Decline Press
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12
(45) x 12

Peck Deck
70 x failure
70 x failure

Pre-Workout
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

nice job, working to failure works!

mastersfreak
11-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Leg day...
My last leg day was so brutal I was sore for several days after. I believe the key was the walking DB lunges I performed, they were long strides and deep.
That said, I liked it so much, I did the same again this morning. Hopefully the results will be the same as well...

4 sets

Leg Extension
4 sets

Seated Leg Curls
4 sets

Hack Squats
3 sets

SDL w/DB
3 sets

Pre-Workout
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

Baldiewonkanobi
11-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Goodmorning,

I re read your first post and now very interested in...Who are you? I have been competing for about 27 years in both Masters Natural and Masters Open arenas. I was the AAU Masters National Chairman and on the Mr. America Committee. During that period I was always near the top in competition but never won 'The Big One'. I was also a writer for MuscleMag and Ironman which allowed me to cozy next to the suppliment executives. Never was I offered a Sponsorship by a suppliment company. You say you have not only have had several Sponsorships...it was YOU who decided to aligh with Pro Card. I say WOW...awsome. Who are you?

Baldie

Hammerfit
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Leg day...
My last leg day was so brutal I was sore for several days after. I believe the key was the walking DB lunges I performed, they were long strides and deep.
That said, I liked it so much, I did the same again this morning. Hopefully the results will be the same as well...

4 sets

Leg Extension
4 sets

Seated Leg Curls
4 sets

Hack Squats
3 sets

SDL w/DB
3 sets

Pre-Workout
Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

DB lunges will toast you for sure!

mastersfreak
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
DB lunges will toast you for sure!

Ha- they are killer for sure.

Goodmorning,

I re read your first post and now very interested in...Who are you? I have been competing for about 27 years in both Masters Natural and Masters Open arenas. I was the AAU Masters National Chairman and on the Mr. America Committee. During that period I was always near the top in competition but never won 'The Big One'. I was also a writer for MuscleMag and Ironman which allowed me to cozy next to the suppliment executives. Never was I offered a Sponsorship by a suppliment company. You say you have not only have had several Sponsorships...it was YOU who decided to aligh with Pro Card. I say WOW...awsome. Who are you?

Baldie

Hi Baldie, and thanks for dropping in. Hopefully I've not over-sold myself here. I've only been BB'ing almost four years now. I started when I was 44, and entered my first show 9 months later, then a second show 5 weeks after that. The first show was a flop, I hired a coach to bring me in, and during peak week he was so off base that is bloated the hell out of me. It was a very embarrassing moment.
However, the second show only 5 weeks later I took myself in, just by instinct and what seemed right for me I guess, and I won that masters class in that show, and placed 3rd in the open middle weights of which I was the lightest.
As for my supplement sponsorships, they were geared more toward company representation at that time and not because I had really done anything big or rememberable in BB'ing.

I've not competed since that time, but I am planning on competing around Aug-Sept of 2011. Although I won my last masters show, I was also the smallest mass wise, I was just fairly cut, BUT could still have been leaner.

I decided to push away from competing to learn more about the sport and about what it truly takes to compete.
A couple of years ago I happened onto one of Chris Aceto's books and it really made sense to me. His take on BB'ing is keep things simple, but work your fucking ass off in the gym. His approach is basic and not over thought. No quick fixes or over supplemented protocols.
At one time I took probably 50 total pills a day supplement wise. I got to the point where I was wondering if the progress I was making was due to the supplements OR my own efforts in the gym, and having a solid nutrition plan. So I laid off the supp's for several months, and continued making gains in size and strength. The only thing I was using was whey protein.

Right now other than whey, and a multi-vitamin/mineral all is take is KreOxi Pump (a kre-alkalyn + NO product) & GH Accelerator (before bed) and that is it. I strictly rely on my workouts and smart nutrition for the rest. I started using the Procard line the moment they became available and have not looked back.

My alignment with Procard, it is not anything like a professional contract nor am I a sponsored athlete etc, but simply as a rep for Chris. However, my decision to do so was based out of a belief in the Procard line of supplements, and Aceto's philosophy on nutrition and approach to training.

I like simple, and uncomplicated. I apologize for this being so wordy.

Oh, I'm Tony...

mastersfreak
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Photos of my second show 2 years ago..Not a big guy at all then, fortunately I've grown some...

Baldiewonkanobi
11-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Got it....looking great for a relativly new to the game Natty.

Baldie

bryantone
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Tony. good pics. 5'10" natty. tough class to be in.

mastersfreak
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Got it....looking great for a relativly new to the game Natty.

Baldie

Tony. good pics. 5'10" natty. tough class to be in.

Thanks Baldie

You are right bryantone, it is a tough class, I've spent the last couple of years since adding mass.

mastersfreak
11-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Today's Destruction: Shoulders/Arms
I had an outstanding workout this morning. Walked into the locker room with one massive pump, and I'm looking forward to a few DOMS for later.. :)
Seated Machine Press
6 sets x 12-20 reps

HS Seated Press
4 sets x 10-12 reps

Lateral Raises
3 sets x 15 reps

Reverse Grip Tricep PD's
4 sets x 12-15 reps

HS Tricep PD's
6 sets x 15-20 reps

Machine Tricep Ex
4 set x failure

HS Seated Curls SS w/ HS Tricep PD's
5 sets (wide range of reps)

Alternating DB Curls
3 sets x 10-12 reps

HS Seated Curls Alternating SS w/Alt Rope PD's
3 sets x failure

Pre-Workout

Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

mastersfreak
11-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Saturday morning I went to the gym with the intention of doing some mild cardio, and little bit of this, and a little bit of that, but I got there and for some strange damn reason felt compelled to do a very intense back workout. Luckily I had my pre-workout supp's with me.
Here's how it went......

Rack Deads
135 x 25
185 x 15
225 x 10
285 x 5
285 x 5
285 x 5
285 x 5

Lat PD's
110 x 20
130 x 15
150 x 10
170 x 10
190 x 8
190 x 8

Assisted Pull-Up's
6 sets to failure

Bent Over BB Rows
135 x 10-12
135 x 10-12
135 x 10-12
135 x 10-12
135 x 10-12

Pre-Workout

Post-Workout
2 scoops of Ecdy

Pre-Sleep, night before

GerryT
11-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Great workouts, Tony. Continued success.

hifrommike65
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Are you aiming for any specific shows next year?