PDA

View Full Version : Milk Thistle and Oral Steroids

mentzerlives
03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
I have read on several other threads that the intake of Milk Thistle, while on a cycle where orals are incorporateds, counteracts absorbing the full potentcy of the oral. I do not trust the information I have been reading. Does anyone have substantiated evidence, or first hand knowledge about supplementing with Milk Thistle, while on a cycle incorporating orals?

Thanks.

BarbellBeast
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I have read on several other threads that the intake of Milk Thistle, while on a cycle where orals are incorporateds, counteracts absorbing the full potentcy of the oral. I do not trust the information I have been reading. Does anyone have substantiated evidence, or first hand knowledge about supplementing with Milk Thistle, while on a cycle incorporating orals?

Thanks.

I've heard it many times from board members I trust on other forums. Taking milk thistle while on cycle isn't necessary unless you're on superdrol or maybe pheraplex. If you must though take them 4 hours apart and you'll be fine.

mentzerlives
03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Ok. thanks.

musclempire
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
just take the milk thistle in the middle of the nite with a protein shake and it wont interfere with your orals..works for me

Bluestorm
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
It does effect the androgen receptor.

http://carcin.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/22/9/1399

JustLuke
03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I have heard from well respected members of the community that taking milk thistle while on methyl orals can actually increase the damage to your liver.

LukeM69
03-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I have heard from well respected members of the community that taking milk thistle while on methyl orals can actually increase the damage to your liver.

how?

JustLuke
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
how?
I did not get in to it to deep with them but the basic message was that milk thistle inhibits the metabolism of certain drugs. increasing the passes of a double methyl like superdol increases the liver damage.

J2jud
04-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I've not seen any studies on the liver damaging potential of milk thistle. But I never use it in the first place. A much better means to liver protection is the use of SAMe and NAC. SAMe is top of my list when the liver and overall health is in concern.

lilfella
06-05-2009, 01:51 AM
liv 52 is great. I start it a week before cycle and run all the way until pct is over.

LukeM69
06-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Milk Thistle does not cause damage to the liver regardless of what it's combined with, show me a study that says otherwise.

natron
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Let's get a few things straight here fella's.

First, milk thistle needs to be used long term to be effective, not just while on cycle.

Milk thistle does decrease androgen receptor binding affinitity, but to an extent that is negligible.

NAC is NOT a better means of liver protection! It has very poor absorbtion, and is missing two critic pieces to create Glutathione GSH( unless you have access to AcetaDose, of another injectible form of N Acetyl Cysteine)

Undenatured whey protein isolate is still your best means of liver protection, and has been proven in 1000's of studies.

No more Broscience guys, come on. Everybody has access to Pubmed

mangoat
06-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Let's get a few things straight here fella's.

First, milk thistle needs to be used long term to be effective, not just while on cycle.

Milk thistle does decrease androgen receptor binding affinitity, but to an extent that is negligible.

NAC is NOT a better means of liver protection! It has very poor absorbtion, and is missing two critic pieces to create Glutathione GSH( unless you have access to AcetaDose, of another injectible form of N Acetyl Cysteine)

Undenatured whey protein isolate is still your best means of liver protection, and has been proven in 1000's of studies.

No more Broscience guys, come on. Everybody has access to Pubmed

Can you point me towards the best study?

Does that mean that you would use 4-6 scoops of species whey isolate everyday and ignore nac and milk thistle?

natron
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Can you point me towards the best study?

Does that mean that you would use 4-6 scoops of species whey isolate everyday and ignore nac and milk thistle?

You can find the studies, there are so many of them. Try Whey isolate glutathione production, or something similar.

Yes, I use undenatured whey isolate usually as a standalone.

mangoat
06-07-2009, 12:32 PM
You can find the studies, there are so many of them. Try Whey isolate glutathione production, or something similar.

Yes, I use undenatured whey isolate usually as a standalone.

Isn't all whey undenatured ? I really have no idea.

natron
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Isn't all whey undenatured ? I really have no idea.

No it isn't. The microfractions in whey are temperature sensitive. If they are exposed to heat or cold, during the process of making or shipping, then they are DENATURED.

You also shouldn't use a blender with undenatured whey isolate, it's very sensitive.