PDA

View Full Version : skinny 18 year old pulls 700

Deltasaurus
11-11-2010, 03:36 AM
YouTube - 700 deadlift Chris Hickson 18 y/o

How's this possible? 18 years old has a better deadlift then Layne Norton who's natural deadlift and is mid to late 20's Guy literally looks like he just started hitting the weights. either fake or this guy has the most insane CNS ever.

bigjavs
11-11-2010, 04:45 AM
some people are just genetic freaky ass freak freaky freaks.

And he's not that skinny...he says he weights 220

shawncathey
11-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Holy fuck

Sandpig
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Nice pull. And DBL overhand grip.
gDLXCTihVPs

Deltasaurus
11-11-2010, 12:50 PM
220 at 6'3 1/2 is skinny IMO

how the fuck is this 18 year old kid pulling 700lbs????
this is nuts he isnt even big at all

old man dave
11-11-2010, 01:13 PM
The blood running down his face is a good indicator he is juiced to the gills.
Alot of long limbed people can move weights you would not think possible, depending on bone length he may have really good leverage angles for deads but probably sucks at bench. I know some some tall skinny guy that can preacher curl amazing weights but cant press the weights a small child can do.

Suave_Howss
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
The blood running down his face is a good indicator he is juiced to the gills.

Yeah wtf!!... starts spewing blood on the way up... SICK!!!

The Big Sexy
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
220 at 6'3 1/2 is skinny IMO

how the fuck is this 18 year old kid pulling 700lbs????
this is nuts he isnt even big at all

320 at 6'3" is skinny IMO...

GENESIS
11-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Ya that blood made it look pretty Hardcore.

Ryan Bracewell
11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
pretty sure he is hook gripping, which hurts like shit, but but makes it not a show of strength like a true DOH grip.

Chris has been lifting for a while. He used to be pretty pudgy and competed in HW teen strongman. Over the last year he has slimmed down, but this also explains his strength. When you take a big guy that lifts for strength and strip his BF he should not lose a ton of strength if you do it properly. Regardless he is still strong for his age and weight, and is built fairly well for the deadlift with the long arms.

As for the Blood spewing out of his nose, that is a definite indicator of high blood pressure......probably caused by a PH. doubt he is on real gear but you never know.

old man dave
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Blood, vomit and passing out are all part of hardcore strength training. We keep bleach and a mop on our DL platform just in case.

Deltasaurus
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
pretty sure he is hook gripping, which hurts like shit, but but makes it not a show of strength like a true DOH grip.

Chris has been lifting for a while. He used to be pretty pudgy and competed in HW teen strongman. Over the last year he has slimmed down, but this also explains his strength. When you take a big guy that lifts for strength and strip his BF he should not lose a ton of strength if you do it properly. Regardless he is still strong for his age and weight, and is built fairly well for the deadlift with the long arms.

As for the Blood spewing out of his nose, that is a definite indicator of high blood pressure......probably caused by a PH. doubt he is on real gear but you never know.

still impressive as hell who can pull 700 with double overs??? that would be insane!!!

Ryan Bracewell
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Im sure someone can do it, but I can not think of anyone off the top of my head. Myself, Marshall White, and Ortmayer have played around with double overhead deadlifts and all can do in the low 600's before losing our grip.

EDIT: but yes, chris's lift is still impressive, especially for his age.

**west**
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Very impressive

Rep300
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
The blood has nothing to do with drugs or his normal BP. It looks like he just pulled an absolute bad ass, total max lift. I don't think he would have gotten 10 more pounds. His BP during that lift was obviously very high. Plus, some people just get nose bleeds easier than others.

My old training partner had to get the inside of his nose cauterized several times because he would get nose bleeds for no reason all the time. Especially in the gym.

Ryan Bracewell
11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
The blood has nothing to do with drugs or his normal BP. It looks like he just pulled an absolute bad ass, total max lift. I don't think he would have gotten 10 more pounds. His BP during that lift was obviously very high. Plus, some people just get nose bleeds easier than others.

My old training partner had to get the inside of his nose cauterized several times because he would get nose bleeds for no reason all the time. Especially in the gym.

You could be right, but I have to say that I have never trained with anyone that had their nose blowout that didn't have higher than normal BP caused by drugs or a really shitty diet. I personally have maxed out on deadlift more than most do in a lifetime and i have never blown out my nose. Like you said, some are more susceptible but given all the other vids i have seen of Chris I do not that is the case.

Michael K. Scott
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM
my friend trains with him

Deltasaurus
11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
my friend trains with him
and.........?

I mean either way natty or juiced the kid is out of this world.

at 18 at the weight this kid is in the top .01% of deadlifters

Michael K. Scott
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
and.........?

I mean either way natty or juiced the kid is out of this world.

at 18 at the weight this kid is in the top .01% of deadlifters

he said he used to be really fat like 300 lbs

he plays a shit ton of basketball

he used to max out on everything everyday, but trains smarter now

his bench is around 300

got 4th place at teen nats 2 years ago at some strongman competition which hes done several

my friend really doesnt question him anymore...hes a freak of nature

and no, hes not on gear

toddbz
11-12-2010, 01:47 PM
still impressive as hell who can pull 700 with double overs??? that would be insane!!!

Remember that dlb over and hook grip are two different things.

And Layne Norton pulled 700 with a hook grip.

Gerb
11-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Im sure someone can do it, but I can not think of anyone off the top of my head. Myself, Marshall White, and Ortmayer have played around with double overhead deadlifts and all can do in the low 600's before losing our grip.

EDIT: but yes, chris's lift is still impressive, especially for his age.

now that I gotta see:p

Ryan Bracewell
11-23-2010, 12:18 AM
now that I gotta see:p

dont think i have a video of more than 545. Im probably doing some deadlifts tomorrow morning so maybe I will do some just for you.

rinse
11-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Ryan: You probably mean overhand and not overhead deadlifts. Right?

Ryan Bracewell
11-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Ryan: You probably mean overhand and not overhead deadlifts. Right?

haha, didnt catch that. yes, overHAND

Heavy Metal
11-23-2010, 12:58 AM
That is tottally crazzy!!!
Right on for him.

Team Baze
11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
yes, chris has amazing strength for sure! a friend of mine brought him up last week b/c he is competing dec 4th in iowa at a UPA power meet. it'll b interesting to c the #'s he posts up!!

Team Baze
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
eric lilliebridge is a phenom lifter also!! i think he's 20 now... both from Illinois.

Pat Wilson
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Chris is around 220-225lbs. He is a very motivated lifter that does whatever he must do to achieve results. Very impressive deadlift to say the least.