PDA

View Full Version : HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO: Mon(11/15/10) 7pm: AUTHOR L REA & IFBB Pro TONYA KNIGHT!

Jeff The Producer
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/heavymusclebanner.jpg

http://rxmuscle.com/images/banners/ALR_Logo%203%20Spot%20Colors.jpg

Owner of ALR Industries, AUTHOR L. REA discusses the science behind HumaPro and why it works so well! Plus, how does ALR Industries manage to come out with so many innovative supplements every year? Author L. Rea spills the beans!

IFBB Pro Tonya Knight won the Ms. International competition at the inaugural 1989 Arnold Classic. She was also known as "GOLD"American Gladiators. However, Tonya had her 89 Ms International title and price money stripped from her during a volatile period in bodybuilding history. . . and the details as to why were never fully revealed. Tonya talks about exactly what happened to her for the first time ever..........exclusively on Heavy Muscle Radio. BIG PEOPLE ARE NAMED! on Television's

Find out why Tonya went to prison............who was one of the most "well-hung" bodybuilders on the scene.......and why she never dated Shawn Ray!

You definitely want to tune in for this one!

Plus, Chris Aceto & Aaron Singerman add their insight into the world of bodybuilding, only on Heavy Muscle Radio!

HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO airs on Monday, November 15th, 2010 at 10 PM EST/7 PM PST. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

Click here to listen to HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

---

IFBB Pro and ARNOLD CLASSIC champion TONYA KNIGHT!

During her competitive days...

http://i56.tinypic.com/4uth1l.jpg

And now!

http://i56.tinypic.com/4qoqza.jpg

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Ronnie Coleman in Finland 98:

CaUSv1KHfTM

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUSv1KHfTM)

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Working out with Stern pictures PLUS the guy with the short shorts:

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/

Ryan Wacht
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/

Hey that movie is pretty cool.."the box"

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
HOUSTON – The city’s controversial red-light cameras will go dark beginning Monday, Nov. 15.
Houston Mayor Annise Parker is scheduled to make the announcement on Monday, when the voting results are officially certified.
The city was forced to put the red-light camera issue on the midterm elections ballot after opponents collected more than 20,000 signatures calling for a referendum.
In the end, Houston voters decided the cameras needed to go.
Proponents of the cameras, which included HPD and many Houston City Council members, argued that the devices helped prevent crashes.
But opponents like Michael Kubosh said the cameras actually caused more accidents than they prevented, and that they were just a money-maker for the city.
"That is all they talk about is the money shortfall. They aren’t talking about how many lives have been saved. They are not talking about how many accidents have been reduced. They are only talking about one thing and one thing only and that is what it is always about, it always was about the money." Said Kubosh.
While it was unclear exactly when the cameras would physically be removed, officials said drivers who already have tickets will still have to pay their fines.
Civil rights lawyer Randall Kallinen had threatened to file a class-action lawsuit on behalf of ticketed drivers if the city continued to use the 70 red-light cameras after Nov. 15.
The city initially said the cameras would remain in use until March 15, citing a contract with the cameras’ manufacturer.
But the company that owns and operates the camera for Houston, American Traffic Solutions out of Arizona, says it received a letter from the city on Wednesday asking it to turn the cameras off on Monday morning.
While Mayor Annise Parker refused to comment Friday on camera, she issued a statement on the matter.
"We have indicated since the election that there are legalities to work out and this is just part of that process. Once City Council canvasses the votes for all three propositions on Monday, we will announce our next steps."

Justin198922
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
He's an old school bb.

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey that movie is pretty cool.."the box"

Yeah, Dave liked it... We talk about all this stuff on the show... I'm not just posting this stuff randomly! Lol. I guess I should have started with that.

(In the future I'm planning on doing this for every show)

huge285
11-15-2010, 05:47 PM
This episode is almost 3 hours long but it's also one of the best we've done!

~Maz~
11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Dave liked it... We talk about all this stuff on the show... I'm not just posting this stuff randomly! Lol. I guess I should have started with that.

~ ^^ THIS ^^ Was getting slightly worried about ya there Aaron!! ~ :lmao:

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028576/

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
~ ^^ THIS ^^ Was getting slightly worried about ya there Aaron!! ~ :lmao:

Yeah... After Ryan posted that he liked The Box, it stuck me that it must look like I have posting turrets or something.

Jer
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM

I was wondering what the fuck you were doing posting that shit. I thought you might be back on the dope. :hypno:

Ryan Wacht
11-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah... After Ryan posted that he liked The Box, it stuck me that it must look like I have posting turrets or something.

That's good though, it keeps things interesting..........MUTHAFUCKING ISRAELI COCKSUCKER!!!!

:p

The Big Sexy
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Erin Stern should stop working out NOW... especially with 2 plates a side on the hammer chest press! What is she thinking? lol

New standards for the figure class this year - at least from what I've seen. No way she will win the Arnold or Ms Olympia if she shows up like she did at the Olympia... she's too hard and damn near a contender for the new WPD. Maybe that is her new angle? I bet it is.

Ryan Wacht
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM

CaUSv1KHfTM

Awesome! Last chance to see him before he widened his waist by 4 inches with too much slin/gh.......

His waist was as small as Dexter Jackson's there, with at least 20 pounds extra muscle and a decent work ethic..

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Erin Stern should stop working out NOW... especially with 2 plates a side on the hammer chest press! What is she thinking? lol

New standards for the figure class this year - at least from what I've seen. No way she will win the Arnold or Ms Olympia if she shows up like she did at the Olympia... she's too hard and damn near a contender for the new WPD. Maybe that is her new angle? I bet it is.

She is one strong chick. She could have done the 65bs dumbells on incline for reps. She did 50lbs with ease for 15. Last time we trained arms she was doing 135lb on close grip for reps.

I think Erin doesn't care what the judges are looking for.

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Awesome! Last chance to see him before he widened his waist by 4 inches with too much slin/gh.......

His waist was as small as Dexter Jackson's there, with at least 20 pounds extra muscle and a decent work ethic..

He looks pretty tremendous there... That 98 look would easily win the O title now.

The Big Sexy
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM
She is one strong chick. She could have done the 65bs dumbells on incline for reps. She did 50lbs with ease for 15. Last time we trained arms she was doing 135lb on close grip for reps.

I think Erin doesn't care what the judges are looking for.

Well, she may find herself looking from the outside in at the Arnold and Olympia. Girls like Carin Hawkins and Krissy Chin were marked down severely for being too muscular this year (and these are girls who got 2nd and 3rd in several shows last year) this year they are getting 9th and 11th... that's a pretty big swing. Not to mention they were Olympians in 2009 and 2010!!

Erin should probably just stop training weights and maybe just do some sprints and cardio from here on in... maybe very light (5-10lbs weight) in order to fit with what the new criteria is looking for. I mean, Ava Cohen came in REALLY soft and lost some muscle to even finish 3rd in the Border States. 7th place, I can't remember her name, was a girl that many people were saying "THAT" is the look for figure now... and she had very little muscle, was soft - but not fat - just had good shape.

My predictions - if Erin does not soften up more from this years Olympia and probably lose some muscle she won't finish in top 3

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, she may find herself looking from the outside in at the Arnold and Olympia. Girls like Carin Hawkins and Krissy Chin were marked down severely for being too muscular this year (and these are girls who got 2nd and 3rd in several shows last year) this year they are getting 9th and 11th... that's a pretty big swing. Not to mention they were Olympians in 2009 and 2010!!

Erin should probably just stop training weights and maybe just do some sprints and cardio from here on in... maybe very light (5-10lbs weight) in order to fit with what the new criteria is looking for. I mean, Ava Cohen came in REALLY soft and lost some muscle to even finish 3rd in the Border States. 7th place, I can't remember her name, was a girl that many people were saying "THAT" is the look for figure now... and she had very little muscle, was soft - but not fat - just had good shape.

My predictions - if Erin does not soften up more from this years Olympia and probably lose some muscle she won't finish in top 3

I don't know where she will place... but I can tell you, she has no intention of softening up or stopping heavy training.

Barrett
11-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Tonya said she didn't hold back on this show, so I'm ready to see what the fans think about it. Tonya would be perfect with another 10 lbs. on her and right where she needed to be for the new WPD!

Ibarramedia
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/heavymusclebanner.jpg

http://rxmuscle.com/images/banners/ALR_Logo%203%20Spot%20Colors.jpg

IFBB Pro Tonya Knight won the Ms. International competition at the inaugural 1989 Arnold Classic. She was also known as "GOLD" on Television's American Gladiators. However, Tonya had her 89 Ms International title and price money stripped from her during a volatile period in bodybuilding history. . . and the details as to why were never fully revealed. Tonya talks about exactly what happened to her for the first time ever..........exclusively on Heavy Muscle Radio. BIG PEOPLE ARE NAMED!

Find out why Tonya went to prison............who was one of the most "well-hung" bodybuilders on the scene.......and why she never dated Shawn Ray!

You definitely want to tune in for this one!

Owner of ALR Industries, AUTHOR L. REA discusses the science behind HumaPro and why it works so well! Plus, how does ALR Industries manage to come out with so many innovative supplements every year? Author L. Rea spills the beans!

Plus, Chris Aceto & Aaron Singerman add their insight into the world of bodybuilding, only on Heavy Muscle Radio!

HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO airs on Monday, November 15th, 2010 at 10 PM EST/7 PM PST. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

Click here to listen to HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

---

IFBB Pro and ARNOLD CLASSIC champion TONYA KNIGHT!

During her competitive days...

http://i56.tinypic.com/4uth1l.jpg

And now!

This should be very interesting.

AVBG
11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Dave blame the Jewbacca curse for the show going for 3hrs ;)

As long as it's quality programming then don't hold back on the length of the show.

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Do you guys like the top 10 list?

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
The show is up, BTW.

AVBG
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Waiting for it on iTunes

Gaoshang Xiongshou
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Top 10 was pretty amusing. :)

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Michael Jackson's children interviewed:

0O8i1QS2NLI

(someone please PM me and tell me why I can't seem to embed these!)

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Anthony Clark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Clark_%28powerlifter%29
9e6LHiQG600

JamesWebb
11-15-2010, 07:44 PM

yeah it was solid.

Shady
11-15-2010, 07:47 PM

I have been having trouble getting into this series.. Thought it was going to be amazing with scorcese directing but its kinda slow. anybody else feel that way?

Aaron Singerman
11-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I have been having trouble getting into this series.. Thought it was going to be amazing with scorcese directing but its kinda slow. anybody else feel that way?

Seriously?!? It's one of my favorite shows EVER.

JamesWebb
11-15-2010, 08:28 PM

i'm a fan of the show. im only 4 episodes in but i like it.

JamesWebb
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
tonya knight - 'ya know?' . . . .

JamesWebb
11-15-2010, 10:46 PM
one more 'you know' and i swear to god . . .

JamesWebb
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
My roommate is professional golfer Jeff Rangel and is working with ALRI, he loves their products and for sure the blue urine thing happens, i was freaking out when he showed me.

big nut
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM

CaUSv1KHfTM

quite possibly one of the best packages ever (no schmomo)

AVBG
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
My roommate is professional golfer Jeff Rangel and is working with ALRI, he loves their products and for sure the blue urine thing happens, i was freaking out when he showed me.

I got a sample a few months back.. I totally was in stitches watching the blue wee come out!

big nut
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
He looks pretty tremendous there... That 98 look would easily win the O title now.

i agree with u there aaron. shows how incredible ronnie was. wish he would of keep that leaner look instead of coming in at 290 or whatever it was.

Ryan Wacht
11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I thought the interview with Tonya Knight was great, she seemed very open and honest. Its nice to see that she faced her 'demons' and has come out on top.

BuffGuy
11-16-2010, 12:17 AM
no one can beat a 98 Coleman! this is a fact! lol

I liked this new format of DAve, Aaron , Chris! was a good show!
this was so EXCLUSIVE! :)

tight booty
11-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Listening now!

Femphysiquefan
11-16-2010, 01:03 AM
I thought the interview with Tonya Knight was great, she seemed very open and honest. Its nice to see that she faced her 'demons' and has come out on top.

Great interview with Tonya!!! And she looks FANTASTIC in that recent pic!!! She was very much the FBB cover girl in the musclemags back in the day....back when FBBs were even ON the covers......

tight booty
11-16-2010, 01:06 AM
The christmas outfit is very cute and sexy on Tonya!

Femphysiquefan
11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Some more covers of her. Also a posing clip from when she was very young, and a clip of her guest posing at one of the fitness expos.

hmHuHUwaI0E

R2CcV6YPrp4

tight booty
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
This movie review is killing me...:dunno: Please make it stop....

tight booty
11-16-2010, 01:33 AM
The cysts convo is interesting. And yes I have had a cyst removed from my neck back in 2001 over my gland and I am a natty!

Aaron Singerman
11-16-2010, 01:40 AM
This movie review is killing me...:dunno: Please make it stop....

You don't like the movie review, TB?! It was only like 10 minutes.

tight booty
11-16-2010, 01:49 AM
You don't like the movie review, TB?! It was only like 10 minutes.
It felt like it was dragging....I guess I am inpatient Aaron. I enjoyed the questions alot more than the movie review. Now Tonya is on...Yay!

Aaron Singerman
11-16-2010, 01:50 AM
It felt like it was dragging....I guess I am inpatient Aaron. I enjoyed the questions alot more than the movie review. Now Tonya is on...Yay!

You know what they say... Different strokes for different folks.

tight booty
11-16-2010, 01:56 AM
You know what they say... Different strokes for different folks.
Exactly! You can't please everybody. But I loved the question part to the show!

Aaron Singerman
11-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Exactly! You can't please everybody. But I loved the question part to the show!

Thank you... Be sure to send in a question for next week's show!

huge285
11-16-2010, 02:16 AM
If you've listened to the show already......listen to the very beginning again. JTP re-uploaded the TOP 10 LIST (with sound effects)........much better

sassy69
11-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Awesome interview w/ Tonya Knight! Looking forward to seeing her more on RX!

tight booty
11-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Thank you... Be sure to send in a question for next week's show!
I will Aaron! Loving the Tonya interview....it's great, she's very down to earth!

Aaron Singerman
11-16-2010, 02:34 AM
If you've listened to the show already......listen to the very beginning again. JTP re-uploaded the TOP 10 LIST (with sound effects)........much better

MUCH better! If you haven't hear the top 10 list with the sound effects, you gotta listen again!

tight booty
11-16-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm very excited about Tonya working with rxmuscle! She will be a great asset to the place!

sam the man
11-16-2010, 03:16 AM
agree

CUNTAMINATED
11-16-2010, 03:25 AM

I like that. Sometimes when you guys talk about shit i want to go back and check it out but usually forget. Good idea Aaron!

Daniel Minarsky
11-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Just listened to the first half. Dave if you think there is testing at shows only, read my article which I sent you last week. I know it is only about one coutry but a lot of others do the same...

Warped
11-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Good show.

stugots_
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Great Show!!

Tre
11-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Did Dave really ask Tonya how big her ex-boyfriend's cock is?

:no:

tight booty
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Did Dave really ask Tonya how big her ex-boyfriend's cock is?

:no:
Yes, he did! :dunno:

michelle beck
11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Great interview with Tonya Knight! :) I wish her well in her future endeavors with RX!

Curt James
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM

Possessed by Chick. :no: :sad:

And Cowan. :beerbang:

doubleogordo
11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
i was just going to say that you guys need sound effects for the top ten list. nice work

doubleogordo
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
the movie review is good. i am a movie fan too. the show can't be just interviews that would be boring. the banter portion is great for a warm-up.

barbellman
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Not trying to be an asshole.....

but someone please work with her on talking/interviewing.

She said "ya know" over 150 times I could count before having to turn it off because it was driving me nuts. That looks VERY BAD in any interview.

big nut
11-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I REALLY like the new segments u guys have added to the show!

Thanks 4 answering my question. Very cool. I'm scheduling some deep tissue massage soon.

Like the fact that aaron is posting web items here that r discussed on the radio show. Brilliant idea.

doubleogordo
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
just heard "the top ten list" with the added sound effects. the drum roll is great but i think that the cheering and clapping in the background could be embellished a little more. i.e. a cheering track on steriods

jstevenson460
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
I had such a huge crush on Tonya in the late 80's and early 90's. She was the hottest FBB. Little did I know she was from 40 miles away from me growing up. Bring Her back!

Tre
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I had such a huge crush on Tonya in the late 80's and early 90's. She was the hottest FBB. Little did I know she was from 40 miles away from me growing up. Bring Her back!

FINALLY...a guy on this forum other than AnglicanBeachParty, Triple-H, Saiyanali, and myself who isn't gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

AVBG
11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Best HMR in quite a while

Bob Smith Jr.
11-16-2010, 05:34 PM
wow, didn't know tonya knight was from Kansas City. I'm 2 hrs away in Columbia. Missouri sucks. Good to see someone from the midwest be able to make it out to cali and live the life for a while...

Ibarramedia
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Ok Here's a quick recap or cliff notes if you will:

1) Started lifting at 16. We already know that......
2) Pro at 19
3) Hooked up with Rick Valente
4)Mike Quinn's Girlfriend took the surrogate urine test
5) Mike Quinn wanted to hook up but was rebuffed.
6)Shawn Ray and Tonya shared a kiss. Nothing more.
7)Lonnie Teper said you're the Golden Girl, don't hook up with Shawn Ray.
8) Marries John Poteat, also became sister in- law of Raye Hollitt
9) Joins American Gladiators
10)Divorced
11) Becomes an alcoholic
12)Did ecstacy once
13)When she was competing, she was natural but later decided to experiment. Did mild orlas like Anavar.
14)Jailed for DWI in 2002 until 2005.
15)Was baptized
16) Was good friends with John Romano in her LA days.
17) Works as a bartender at the 54th Stret Grill and Bar in Missouri.

Feel free to add stuff I missed.

Not mentioned here is that Tonya had a cover with Former Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Bill Maas.

http://www.vintagemusclemags.com/magCovers/mti/mti146.jpg

Ibarramedia
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Tonya is one of my all time favorites. Tré maybe we can ask her about the TKO incident from the 1993 MS. International. ;)

barbellman
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM

2) Pro at 19
10)Divorced
11) Becomes an alcoholic
12)Did ecstacy once
13)When she was competing, she was natural but later decided to experiment. Did mild orlas like Anavar.
15)Was baptized

Not mentioned here is that Tonya had a cover with Former Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Bill Maas.

3 yrs on a DWI?

She must have left out the fact that she killed someone or something..

Ibarramedia
11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
3 yrs on a DWI?

She must have left out the fact that she killed someone or something..

She got caught twice... And was serving consecutive sentences in jail, not prison. They were not concurrent.

She is clean and sober now. Knock on wood.

PTB
11-16-2010, 06:06 PM

I.E. He's Black, you're White......

ving
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Great show! Best HMR for a long time.

Curt James
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
And now!

My God, she looks better now than she did 20 years ago. :bowdown: :eek:

Listening now!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/radio/HeavyMuscle11-15-10gh.mp3

Ibarramedia
11-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I really like that she is so down to earth and personable. :ok:

Rambo2
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
who the hell would press the button to kill for 1 million, every time you buy something the guilt would crush you!

(that bit got me thinking :))

Ryan Wacht
11-16-2010, 09:15 PM
who the hell would press the button to kill for 1 million, every time you buy something the guilt would crush you!

(that bit got me thinking :))

You'd be surprised at how many people out in World operate in total selfish mode, almost devoid of a conscious. The Bernie Madoffs of the world. I can assure you that they will pay a price, if not in this lifetime, then in a future one. NOTHING that we do is without consequence, good or bad.

GDavis
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Great show. Good to see Dave putting some new innovations into the format.

Ibarramedia
11-16-2010, 11:02 PM

2) Pro at 19
10)Divorced
11) Becomes an alcoholic
12)Did ecstacy once
15)Was baptized

Additional stuff:

18) Married Steve "The Wildthing" Ray During the period she was arrested for DWI.

19) They have one son aged 10 and are now divorced.

20) I think she said she is not naturally blonde. Her natural hair color is like in her 'Now' picture.

This was not in the radio show but the March 1990 issue of Flex magazine broke the story of Tonya Knight admitted that she sent a surrogate to take a mandatory drug test administered before the 1988 Ms. Olympia, where she finished fourth. (In another strange twist to the tale, the surrogate was a former girlfriend of IFBB pro Mike Quinn.)

In a ruling handed down in November 1989, Knight was suspended, stripped of her 1989 Ms. International title (which went to runner-up Jackie Paisley) and asked to return her '89 Ms. International and 1988 Ms. Olympia prize money, totaling $12,000. After the scandal, she returned to the stage in triumph in 1991, winning the Ms. International title, this time without incident. Knight went on to compete in only two more pro contests, the last in 1993.

http://www.vintagemusclemags.com/magCovers/fl/fl0801.jpg

HammerStrength12
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM
What did ALR have to say?

D_T
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Lonnie was right. She would have ruined her career in those days by dating Shawn.

tight booty
11-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Lonnie was right. She would have ruined her career in those days by dating Shawn.
Lonnie based it on a colour thing, which is very racist!

D_T
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Racist but accurate for the times. That's how things were in those days. I had to keep my interracial dating on the DL back then too. I remember an old boss telling another coworker, who also my boss, she couldn't date me. It was clear she was saying it for appearance reasons and not because I was subordinate.

PTB
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM

yeah, but I'm not sure his motives were racist. I certainly am not calling Lonnie racist. I think he was being more a realist based on what he knows of the industry at the time. Fans come from all segments of the country and the world, they go to shows, and they buy the mags. She could have been deemed less popular by those fans if they knew she dated a black man openly.

Having said that, you've had black athletes - including bodybuilders dating white or light women - seemingly by preference - since forever, but those women may not be the cover girls like she Tonya was.

Aaron Singerman
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
yeah, but I'm not sure his motives were racist. I certainly am not calling Lonnie racist. I think he was being more a realist based on what he knows of the industry at the time. Fans come from all segments of the country and the world, they go to shows, and they buy the mags. She could have been deemed less popular by those fans if they knew she dated a black man openly.

Having said that, you've had black athletes - including bodybuilders dating white or light women - seemingly by preference - since forever, but those women may not be the cover girls like she Tonya was.

I think it's safe to say Lonnie Teper is NOT racist.

huge285
11-17-2010, 02:20 AM
I think had TONYA dated SHAWN RAY, she would have been more popular........... however, she probably would have had a nightmare of a time since at that time in his life, SHAWN was living the single bachelor lifestyle!

AVBG
11-17-2010, 02:33 AM
A real coup getting Tonya on board RX muscle. She's got a lot to offer. Great work Dave

Aaron Singerman
11-17-2010, 02:48 AM
I think had TONYA dated SHAWN RAY, she would have been more popular........... however, she probably would have had a nightmare of a time since at that time in his life, SHAWN was living the single bachelor lifestyle!

In other words... SHAWN was a playa.

Ibarramedia
11-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Tonya said that Rick Valente was incredibly possessive and would be around shoots, functions and everything else. She also said he could have been cheating on her the whole time.....:dunno:

The European tour she speaks of, particularly the UK is chronicled in the VHS/DVD The Bicep Bombshell where she held a seminar, radio show and speaking engagement.

tight booty
11-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Racist but accurate for the times. That's how things were in those days. I had to keep my interracial dating on the DL back then too. I remember an old boss telling another coworker, who also my boss, she couldn't date me. It was clear she was saying it for appearance reasons and not because I was subordinate.
Wow!

jtg987
11-17-2010, 03:59 AM
next time more author l rae!

2manytoyz
11-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Good show, I enjoyed all the different segments. Its great to hear about different random things like the top ten and the movies. Nicely done.

Wiggs
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM

CaUSv1KHfTM

BTW The 98 Mr. was Sep. 10th 1998 the Finland show was Oct 18th 98...This was after the Mr. O...

avsfreak
11-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Tonya Knight has a GREAT story... truly the makings of a movie. I can't wait to see more of her on RX.... Great job Dave, you are the best at getting great talent that are worth every minute :)

D_T
11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe she could have gotten away with Shawn Ray, but never a dark guy like Robby Robinson. Shawn was like the MJ (that can be Jordan or Jackson) of bodybuilding at the time.

avsfreak
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
BTW The 98 Mr. was Sep. 10th 1998 the Finland show was Oct 18th 98...This was after the Mr. O...

Absolutely ridiculous!

AnglicanBeachParty
11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
FINALLY...a guy on this forum other than AnglicanBeachParty, Triple-H, Saiyanali, and myself who isn't gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

LOL ... thanks for including me in the list.

Carolyn Bryant
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Awesome interview. Brought back so many memories. Tonya is one of the reasons I got into the sport. Notice the money she said she made. Yeah, that was the attraction. Fook all that train cuz you love it crap. But anyhoo, she still looks great and that's what counts in the end. I'm glad she wants to get involved. I wish more of the women from the golden era would.

Too funny about Rick. I was crazy about him. I had no idea about some of that stuff. Lol. Maybe LT told him it would ruin his career if he dated a Black girl. He told me he would have a hard time explaining it to his mom.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I also liked Tonya's nod to the power of Baptism. It is not the first such testimony I've heard, either.

Ibarramedia
11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
I also liked Tonya's nod to the power of Baptism. It is not the first such testimony I've heard, either.

She says she grew up in a Christian family but was never baptized. Then after all these years her mother told Tonya and her sister to be baptized.

Femphysiquefan
11-18-2010, 12:30 AM

Same here.

huge285
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I heard MIKE QUINN went over to MIKEZ's house to listen to the show! Oh boy!

tight booty
11-18-2010, 01:34 AM
I heard MIKE QUINN went over to MIKEZ's house to listen to the show! Oh boy!
Haha....are you serious Dave?

huge285
11-18-2010, 01:41 AM
haha....are you serious dave?

yes!

tight booty
11-18-2010, 01:46 AM
yes!
Well he shouldn't be upset by the truth. I actually remember now reading in a muscle mag quite a few years ago about how Mike Quinn was involved in giving up Tonya. I always thought mike was a meathead with a temper and a very large ego. I guess we might find out if I am right....:banana:

AVBG
11-18-2010, 02:02 AM
^^ by all independent accounts you're right TB

tight booty
11-18-2010, 02:04 AM
^^ by all independent accounts you're right TB
Thank you Alex! :)

AVBG
11-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Thank you Alex! :)

That's what Aaron Baker and David Dearth told me when they were in Aus for a WBF promo tour in the early nineties.

tight booty
11-18-2010, 02:17 AM
That's what Aaron Baker and David Dearth told me when they were in Aus for a WBF promo tour in the early nineties.
Shit I was spot on then. I thought I was being a bit harsh but that's how Mike came accross in all his articles in the muscle mags.

huge285
11-18-2010, 02:26 AM
I think QUINN was laughing about it.......... I'll find out this weekend in FT LAUDERDALE!

tight booty
11-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I think QUINN was laughing about it.......... I'll find out this weekend in FT LAUDERDALE!
Well that's a good thing then! :)

barbellman
11-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Who da hell is "MIKEZ"?

Aaron Singerman
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Who da hell is "MIKEZ"?

I'm staying with him fri through sun here I'm Florida.

dougsmith1024
11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I am not so sure about how valid the color argument was. Color never stopped Tonya from TKO'ing Tre at the 93 Jan Tana.

Rambo2
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM

Looks great, I'm gonna check this out!

big_duuude
11-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Tonya Knight looked sensational maybe the new fem-physique division will look like her.

DAVE - ask Tonya about the time she got arrested after a woman called the cops claiming a guy had entered the womens toilet ! ..... or was that Teagan ?

Steve Wennerstrom
11-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Tonya Knight looked sensational maybe the new fem-physique division will look like her.

DAVE - ask Tonya about the time she got arrested after a woman called the cops claiming a guy had entered the womens toilet ! ..... or was that Teagan ?Nope, that was Teagan at Knotts Berry Farm at a contest.

Steve Wennerstrom
11-19-2010, 07:51 PM
The IFBB Pro World Championship was held in Nice, France, in 1988 (Tonya finished 5th at that contest) won by Dona Oliveira, and one evening Tonya and I sat at the bar of the Le Meridien Hotel where we were all staying, and for a very long time she gave me an ear full about her relationship problems with Valente. I always liked Tonya. Here down-to-earthiness was real. I just always felt that becoming involved in the LA bodybuilding crowd of the day was what guided her down a wrong road....as it did several others. It's nice to see her back among us!

Ibarramedia
11-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I am not so sure about how valid the color argument was. Color never stopped Tonya from TKO'ing Tre at the 93 Jan Tana.

Good to see you here Doug.

Aaron Singerman
11-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Who da hell is "MIKEZ"?

There are pictures of Mike Z in the Jewbacca thread.

Easy
11-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I am glad Tonya is doing well and it was great to hear her share her story (although I already knew pretty much everything already.) It's nice to hear she'll be involved with RxMuscle, but I hope she doesn't make a competitive comeback. I'd rather remember her as she was.

Steve Wennerstrom
11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Tonya said that Rick Valente was incredibly possessive and would be around shoots, functions and everything else. She also said he could have been cheating on her the whole time.....:dunno:

The European tour she speaks of, particularly the UK is chronicled in the VHS/DVD The Bicep Bombshell where she held a seminar, radio show and speaking engagement.Her side of the story on the UK portion of the Euro tour, or the promoters side of that episode?

Carolyn Bryant
11-21-2010, 02:17 PM

Laughing? That shyt ain't funny. I can't stand men who try to get revenge when you turn down their advances.

Ibarramedia
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Her side of the story on the UK portion of the Euro tour, or the promoters side of that episode?

I just mentioned that there is a dvd about Tonya's UK stint since she said that she went to Europe, Japan and other places.....

http://www.primecutsbodybuildingdvds.com/images/banners/A-4030DVDLG.jpg

This DVD features her highly publicized 1991 Biceps Tour of the UK. Between press conferences and photo-calls, she talks about starting out, and the pros and cons of bodybuilding. We hear her views on drugs, men and diet. She also takes us through a typical day’s workout, analyses her training and culminates with her unique posing routine performed on the tour in London, Birmingham and Bristol.

tight booty
11-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Laughing? That shyt ain't funny. I can't stand men who try to get revenge when you turn down their advances.
I fully agree!

GDavis
11-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Aaron considering letting his wife sleep with somebody for a million dollars.
What a fucking jew :)

Ibarramedia
11-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Aaron considering letting his wife sleep with somebody for a million dollars.
What a fucking jew :)

Indecent Proposal.......

The Thinker
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Absolutely loved the Tonya Knight segment. I really like the "back in the day" interviews but this one was the best. She was my favorite back in the day and I always wondered what the "real" story was of what happened to her. It also brought back a lot of memories of admiring her in the mags when I was in the Army in the late 80s.

Jeff The Producer
12-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Bumped for someone who PM'd me about this show. Enjoy!