PDA

View Full Version : My Brand Of Natural Training Doctrine! ( under construction please comment )

The Ox
11-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone,
Based on my own personal experiences as an 100% natural bodybuilder, after 6 years of training drug-free I decided to share with the rx muscle members the style of training I created and use on a daily basis for myself.

5 friends of mine started out and changed their bodies like never before ( so did I )

What is this training method like ?

First of all let me tell you the plain truth. Being 100% drug free means you will OVERTRAIN VERY VERY EASILY. Being 100% drug free YOU NEED TO BE PICKY WITH YOUR DIET OR ELSE YOU GAIN FAT OR LOSE MUSCLE VERY VERY QUICKLY.
This training and diet approach is designed to maxime muscle hypertrophy and strenght levels while addind LEAN MUSCLE TISSUE WITH MINIMAL BODY FAT POSSIBLE.

Training Structure :

We need to create two main workouts muscle hypertrophy and muscle strenght workouts.

For muscle hypertrophy we will choose two workouts
Workout A and Workout B.

Workout should A consists of :
1 Chest 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Biceps 3 Sets, 10reps
1 Triceps 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Traps 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Shoulder 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Back Lats 3 Sets, 10 reps

Workout B should consist of :
1 Biceps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Triceps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Traps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Shoulder 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Back Thickness Exercise 3 Sets, 10 reps

One day of the week you train your legs, that means QUADS AND CALFS
Quads 3 sets 15 reps
Calfs 3 sets 15 reps

You train 3 times a week and alternate between workouts A and B and on top of those you add your strenght sets ( described below )

Why 10 reps and not 6-10 reps ?
Let me explain. It is easier to overtrain using lower reps and higher weight. 10 reps is still inside the hypertrophy rep range and it is safer to avoid overtraining.

To perform each rep you need a controlled positive, contract on the static and slower and controlled negative. The negative phase of a rep is what really causes muscle tissue damage.

Now the STRENGHT workout:
You choose one exercise for :

Chest
Biceps
Triceps
Traps
Shoulders
Back

And you perform 1 set of 4 reps.
You cannot perform more than two stenght exercises per week on top of your hypertrophy workouts. You can only hit a strenght set for each muscle group once a month.

( if your legs are small add a QUAD if not than just forget it )

The idea is to after every strenght set is done for a muscle group, you add weights to your muscle hypertrohpy workout for that same muscle group.

Also :
After a strenght set is done a muscle group, the next one ( that will be the next month ) you need to increase the weight for that strenght exercise and that muscle group as well.

Diet:
There is not secret.
Each CLEAN, AND AVOID TOO MUCH PROTEIN.
you aren't taking hormones and your body won't assimilate too much protein. eat 0,5 to 1 gram of protein for your body weight.

Carbs :
fruits and vegetables. use eat starchy carbs around your workout ( before and after ) this way you won't tend to store fat.

Fats:
don't cut fats, make sure you get your portions from olive oil, fish oils etc...

Ok folks,
What you guys think of this method ??
thanks!

The Ox
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Constructive criticism only.
everyone acted like a bitch and some still do when people came with new different training styles.
hit,dogcrapp etc...
I can tell this shit work for 100% drug free people.
ok now go ahead.

The Ox
11-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Constructive criticism only.
everyone acted like a bitch and some still do when people came with new different training styles.
hit,dogcrapp etc...
I can tell this shit work for 100% drug free people.
ok now go ahead.

i forgot to mention my stats
6 yrs training
190 pounds
6 to 10% body fat year round currently.
21 yrs and 5'7

I still need a name for this doctrine.

thanx

pacman24
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Hamstrings are also pretty important for natties....

The Ox
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Hamstrings are also pretty important for natties....

That can be true.
The thing is for lower body parts the person can add to their hypertrophy workout and also strenght workout hams or any other body part.
The idea is to work around the person weaknesses to create a balanced physique.
Some people have tremendous legs and small upper muscles, thats why I didn't added lower body parts for strenght and hypertrophy, this can be adjusted as needed.

abs = don't train with weights, they are stabilizers. use only hig rep sets on them without added weight.

this style of training i'll name it O.T.D which stands for olivi training doctrine.

the mission is to conquer overtraining , while progessively addind new lean muscle tissue with minimal fat and increase muscle strenght.

Results can be quite dramatical for natties.

I am working on this to improve, and I'll create a website in a near future.

Stay Tuned and any questions can be sent to me by PM ( to make training and diet adjustments for disciples of O.T.D )

If needed I can post couple of pictures of my self later.. if this gets accepted mainstream.

Bodybuilding is an awesome sport, my idea is not to make natural as big as tested, but someone needs to create a program that works for naturals.
This is it, Guarantee!

Ever wondered why most naturals are either fat or skinny and can't make good progress??
lack of info.

Peace.
Thanks!

The Ox
11-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Just one thing
I changed the name of this training systems to
R.T.D
recovery, training, doctrine

sounds better for those principles.

inkedleo88
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
I sounds like you are saying, be consistent, eat clean and dont over train.
So is your system designed for the young natural beginner?

MiamiMadePunk
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone,
Based on my own personal experiences as an 100% natural bodybuilder, after 6 years of training drug-free I decided to share with the rx muscle members the style of training I created and use on a daily basis for myself.

5 friends of mine started out and changed their bodies like never before ( so did I )

What is this training method like ?

First of all let me tell you the plain truth. Being 100% drug free means you will OVERTRAIN VERY VERY EASILY. Being 100% drug free YOU NEED TO BE PICKY WITH YOUR DIET OR ELSE YOU GAIN FAT OR LOSE MUSCLE VERY VERY QUICKLY.
This training and diet approach is designed to maxime muscle hypertrophy and strenght levels while addind LEAN MUSCLE TISSUE WITH MINIMAL BODY FAT POSSIBLE.

Training Structure :

We need to create two main workouts muscle hypertrophy and muscle strenght workouts.

For muscle hypertrophy we will choose two workouts
Workout A and Workout B.

Workout should A consists of :
1 Chest 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Biceps 3 Sets, 10reps
1 Triceps 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Traps 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Shoulder 3 Sets, 10 reps
1 Back Lats 3 Sets, 10 reps

Workout B should consist of :
1 Biceps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Triceps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Traps 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Shoulder 3 Sets, 10 reps ( different exercise from workout A )
1 Back Thickness Exercise 3 Sets, 10 reps

One day of the week you train your legs, that means QUADS AND CALFS
Quads 3 sets 15 reps
Calfs 3 sets 15 reps

You train 3 times a week and alternate between workouts A and B and on top of those you add your strenght sets ( described below )

Why 10 reps and not 6-10 reps ?
Let me explain. It is easier to overtrain using lower reps and higher weight. 10 reps is still inside the hypertrophy rep range and it is safer to avoid overtraining.

To perform each rep you need a controlled positive, contract on the static and slower and controlled negative. The negative phase of a rep is what really causes muscle tissue damage.

Now the STRENGHT workout:
You choose one exercise for :

Chest
Biceps
Triceps
Traps
Shoulders
Back

And you perform 1 set of 4 reps.
You cannot perform more than two stenght exercises per week on top of your hypertrophy workouts. You can only hit a strenght set for each muscle group once a month.

( if your legs are small add a QUAD if not than just forget it )

The idea is to after every strenght set is done for a muscle group, you add weights to your muscle hypertrohpy workout for that same muscle group.

Also :
After a strenght set is done a muscle group, the next one ( that will be the next month ) you need to increase the weight for that strenght exercise and that muscle group as well.

Diet:
There is not secret.
Each CLEAN, AND AVOILD TOO MUCH PROTEIN.
you aren't taking hormones and your body won't assimilate too much protein. eat 0,5 to 1 gram of protein for your body weight.

Carbs :
fruits and vegetables. use eat starchy carbs around your workout ( before and after ) this way you won't tend to store fat.

Fats:
don't cut fats, make sure you get your portions from olive oil, fish oils etc...

Ok folks,
What you guys think of this method ??
thanks!
On the overtraining part, that's determined on the individual's age and body type so your statement on that is false. 0.5 to 1 gram of protein for your bodyweight:confused:, really?:confused:, are you telling us that we can absorb a certain amount of protein and the rest goes to watse, again that's based on the individual's age meaning the younger you are, the less protein is needed, the older you are, the more protein is needed so your statement on that is false as well.

MiamiMadePunk
11-19-2010, 08:50 PM
i forgot to mention my stats
6 yrs training
190 pounds
6 to 10% body fat year round currently.
21 yrs and 5'7

I still need a name for this doctrine.

thanx
Dude, you've only been training for 6 years and only a buck 65 when is showtime so please stop acting like an expert, thank you.

MiamiMadePunk
11-19-2010, 08:51 PM
oh on post number 8, that's based on my experience and my research which could possibly be true.

Waylon
11-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I feel like you are trying to sell the car before it is built

flipmonk
11-22-2010, 05:44 PM
On the overtraining part, that's determined on the individual's age and body type so your statement on that is false. 0.5 to 1 gram of protein for your bodyweight:confused:, really?:confused:, are you telling us that we can absorb a certain amount of protein and the rest goes to watse, again that's based on the individual's age meaning the younger you are, the less protein is needed, the older you are, the more protein is needed so your statement on that is false as well.

those are exactly the 2 things i wanted to mention... layne norton talked about both of the things a couple a times:
YouTube - Layne Norton Interview \\ Pt. 2-Power/Hypertrophy Training // MassMuscleTV

and well that training system kinda looks like the power/hypertrophy training that layne talks about in the link above....

well well....

ving
11-23-2010, 05:23 AM
w2DLxPLjXR4

The Ox
11-23-2010, 07:27 AM
First of all.
this is MY OWN EXPERIENCE ON TRIAL AND ERROR.
I dont consider my self an expert, I need to learn a lot.
The thing is = people keep adovcating training and nutrition guidelines for steroid users.
Want to eat more protein , do it, wanna train like a pro do it.
look around your gym, how many people look good and aren`t using anything besides fat burners or supplements ??
THis is still not ready, thats why it`s written under construction, why??
because I want to share my experience with your guys, your guys comment on it so I can improve it.
the final product may take a looooot of time to get ready.
So far this training guidelines improve strenght levels and hipertrophy on naturals like anything else I ever tried before.
Maybe it`s confusing on the first article
So what you guys think about training frequency and nutrition linked to this program?
thanks!

The Ox
11-23-2010, 07:33 AM
those are exactly the 2 things i wanted to mention... layne norton talked about both of the things a couple a times:
YouTube - Layne Norton Interview \\ Pt. 2-Power/Hypertrophy Training // MassMuscleTV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2DLxPLjXR4&feature=related)

and well that training system kinda looks like the power/hypertrophy training that layne talks about in the link above....

well well....

I swear I never read anything layne wrote before...
Anyone do training periodization that`s obvious, naturals won`t keep hitting hard and heavy week after week o.O
My program has different tweks I suppose, and I never even saw who the guy was before.

The Ox
11-23-2010, 07:34 AM

On the protein intake..
iI might be wrongt no doubt,
whats a good guideline you can adjust to us ??
Let`s talk real, naturals won`t absorb as much protein as on a guy on a cycle, agre??
thanks.

The Ox
11-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Dude, you've only been training for 6 years and only a buck 65 when is showtime so please stop acting like an expert, thank you.

Dude, I am not acting like an expert.
I wanna share what didn`t worked for me and tweak it for other people o.O
yeah, I`m might be that big thnx.

The Ox
11-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I`ll name this maximum recovery training.
give it a shot for one month and talk give me a feedback...
=D
if this thread goes nuts i`ll post couple pics.... see if this works =D

john283594
11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Glad to see that you didn't go the oral only route you talked about in another thread. Stay natural for as long as possible bro. Just keep at it the way you're going.

The Ox
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Glad to see that you didn't go the oral only route you talked about in another thread. Stay natural for as long as possible bro. Just keep at it the way you're going.

even thought I am still 100% natural that doesn`t mean that I will stay this way for the rest of my life, that doesn`t means I won`t keep trying to learn about anabolics and post threads around the chemical or send people pms, when I chsoe to take them than I`ll just change the entire approach.

for now I am still 100% drug free and will stay this way for a couple years, than i`ll think about steroids and see if ėll take or not.

for now, this training approach is optimal for me and so for other 3 friends that started to train like this.

phenomenal stuff!

flipmonk
11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Dude, I am not acting like an expert.
I wanna share what didn`t worked for me and tweak it for other people o.O
yeah, I`m might be that big thnx.

I`ll name this maximum recovery training.
give it a shot for one month and talk give me a feedback...
=D
if this thread goes nuts i`ll post couple pics.... see if this works =D

do you see where the problem is?!

you're trying to come up with a new training method which is isn't really new and you're looking for a name?!
you're trying to give nutrional advice but you didn't do your research (i.e. "Being 100% drug free means you will OVERTRAIN VERY VERY EASILY" and recommending 0.5 to 1g protein per lbs of bodyweight).

i like the effort you're putting in to this but like Superninja mentioned... "I feel like you are trying to sell the car before it is built"! and it's like you're more worried about "how should i name MY training method" rather than getting the information right

not hating... just saying...

The Ox
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM

do you see where the problem is?!

you're trying to come up with a new training method which is isn't really new and you're looking for a name?!
you're trying to give nutrional advice but you didn't do your research (i.e. "Being 100% drug free means you will OVERTRAIN VERY VERY EASILY" and recommending 0.5 to 1g protein per lbs of bodyweight).

i like the effort you're putting in to this but like Superninja mentioned... "I feel like you are trying to sell the car before it is built"! and it's like you're more worried about "how should i name MY training method" rather than getting the information right

not hating... just saying...

I can agree with you saying I need more research and this is why this is under construction.

Now, I never seen any type of training PERIODIZATION like this one before.
If you look up, people will make heavy weeks, ligther weeks, rotate this...

With this it`s kinda different. I don`t know if is was able to get the message right on the first thread.

SO, what is a good protein intake you suggest??

The Ox
11-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I just looked up and it`s quite clear ont he first thread,
i jsue ned help on nutrition for natties...
thanxxxx!

zmcdole
11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
If you're feeding your body and getting adequate rest, overtraining is very difficult to do. Even for natties. The NATURAL human body does not get nearly enough credit for what it's capable of.

If a bodypart isn't growing or you're not getting stronger, then your training is probably wrong (you're not tracking your progress to ensure you're progressing, you're training like a puss and or you're afraid of getting hurt) or your diet sucks. You can overtrain your joints for sure, but listening to your body takes care of that.

The Ox
12-02-2010, 12:49 PM
If you're feeding your body and getting adequate rest, overtraining is very difficult to do. Even for natties. The NATURAL human body does not get nearly enough credit for what it's capable of.

If a bodypart isn't growing or you're not getting stronger, then your training is probably wrong (you're not tracking your progress to ensure you're progressing, you're training like a puss and or you're afraid of getting hurt) or your diet sucks. You can overtrain your joints for sure, but listening to your body takes care of that.

I liked the fact you read my thread, and I agree with what you are saying.
Sometimes I feel it is not as clear as it seems it is to you to some other people. This is why I created this training systems, To LAYOUT out there for people.

The official name for this training is NATURAL RECOVERY TRAINING

the focus of this doctrine is to : RECOVER, GAIN LEAN BODY MASS, GAIN STRENGHT.

Of course diet is very important. This is why I also mention some general tips to naturals such as : don't overload on the protein, because without that extra KICK from anabolic steroids the body won't use that much protein, this is FUCKING OBVIOUS. So naturals tend to overload on the protein and end up chubby. Eat a shitload of veggies, focusing on the low calorias and low carb ones, and fruits with lower calories and lower fat content.
Low fat, but some good fats on lunch and dinner are staple.
Carb sources = mainly lower glycemic carbs, but avoid those that contain too many calories such as pasta for example.

OK. ANYONE OUT THERE BEGAN this training ?

The Ox
12-02-2010, 01:13 PM
My Current workout plan using N.R.T doctrine :

Muscle Hypertrophy
Workout A :
Traps - Dumbell Press - 3x10 - 50lbs
Shoulders - Standing Military Press 3x10 - 50lbs
Biceps - Standing Ez Curl bar Wide Grip - 3x10 - 40lbs
Triceps - Skull Crusher Ez Bar - 3x10 - 50lbs
Forearm - Dumbells - 3x10 - 30 lbs each arm.
Lats - Dumbell Extensions - 70lbs dumbell

Muscle Hypertrophy
Workout B :
Traps - Dumbell Press - 3x10 - 50lbs
Shoulders - Standing Military Press 3x10 - 50lbs
Biceps - Standing Barbell Curl - 3x10 - 110lbs
Triceps - Dumbell Tricep Extensions - 3x10 - 70lbs
Forearm - Dumbells - 3x10 - 30 lbs each arm.
Back Thickness - Deadlift - 3x10 - 180lbs

Notes :
For my genetics I train Chest, Quads, Calfs for Muscle Hypertrophy ONCE A WEEK
I do this in order to create a balanced physique and work on my symetry as best as possible.

For Muscle Hypertrophy once a week =
Chest - incline barbell press - 3x10 - 100lbs
Quads - Squats - 3x12 - 90lbs
Calfs - Standing Hammer Calfs - light weight...

For ABS - no weight trainign with abs, once or twice a week i'll do sets of 3x10 reps for abs using body weight only. this avoid abdominal distention and hypertrophy.

On TOP of those muscle HYPERTROPHY workouts, I add MY MUSCLE STENGHT workouts...

For muscle strenght that means I'll use one exercise for : Chest,Shoulder,Traps,Back,Biceps,and Triceps and I'll perform a set of 6 reps wth maximum weight possible. The strenght sets are done on top of the muscle hypertrophy workouts BUT = There are 6 different muscles for strenght sets. That means in a month I can only do two diffrent strenght sets per week, and never repeat the same muscle done the same month. The month has 4 weeks, so the first 3 weeks, two different strenght sets are done, and than they will only be done again the next month.

After each strenght set is done, the next one should be added weight.

My 6 strenght sets
Chest - Decline Barbell Press 1x6 = 220lbs
Shoulder - Standing Militarry Press 1x6 = 90lbs
Biceps - Standing Ez Curl bar Wide grip - 90 lbs
Triceps - Skull Crusher - 90lbs
Back - Deadlift - 220lbs
Traps - Dumbells - 100lbs dumbells each arm

Now :
After a strenght set is done for a muscle group , the muscle hypertrophy workout for that muscle group needs to increase weight, that can range from 2,5lbs to 5 lbs maximum.

After a strenght st is done, the next month for that same exercise an increase of 2,5 to 5lbs also must be done.

GOOD GAINS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!
Maybe it's not impressive but I am 21 yrs old, 200lbs natural body fat below 10%.
Most people that follow "normal" training routines and smaller or fatter , at leat where I live.

Fah-Q
12-06-2010, 03:25 AM
So you have an A day and B day. Do you workout on M,W,F? I'm confused, would this example be close?

Monday - A day

Wednesday - B day

Friday - Legs?

What day do you add the strength sets?

The Ox
12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
So you have an A day and B day. Do you workout on M,W,F? I'm confused, would this example be close?

Monday - A day

Wednesday - B day

Friday - Legs?

Hi there,
So we have a muscle Hypertrophy workout A and B
monday, wednesday and friday we alternate those workouts
so one week you'll do twice workout a, and the other twice workout b ( for muscle Hypertrophy )

On TOP of those muscle Hypertrophy workouts you add you STRENGHT sets. That means maximum two strenght set exercises per week , the first three weeks of the each month. ( thats because we have 6 different muscle groups to do your strenght sets being 6 different strenght exercises )

Now is it clearer ?

Any help i'll be here, thank you for your interest!

The Ox
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Monday - A day

Wednesday - B day

Friday - Legs?

For LEGS
That will depend on your genetics. If you need to add size to your legs than add a quad and calf exercises to the hypertrophy workout A and B also one strenght exercise for both quad and calfs. Don't traing your hams, but use compound leg exercises like : Squats and Leg Press. Calfs either seated or stading calf raises.

Got that ?

For me I only do one calf and legs hypertrophy exercise a week because my legs tend to grow too much, than that will ruin my symmetry. And No quad and calf strenght for me too.

peace.

Waylon
12-06-2010, 03:34 PM
lets see some pics or video

The Ox
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
lets see some pics or video

Ok I'll post couple pics of myself tomorow.
Let you guys judge my physique and see if this type of training is giving results.

I can see that strenght wise I am constantly able to incresease my lifts periodically without overtraining both strenght and hypetrophy workouts.

I add 10lbs per strenght set each month and currently 2,5 to 5 lbs of hypetrophy workout each month.

See you guys tomorow!
I'll post a most muscular, side chest, abs and thighs, lat spread, and to finish off I'll post a back double biceps.

Videos right now NONE, let's see how this goes in a near future.
Thanks Everyone!

MiamiMadePunk
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok I'll post couple pics of myself tomorow.
Let you guys judge my physique and see if this type of training is giving results.

I can see that strenght wise I am constantly able to incresease my lifts periodically without overtraining both strenght and hypetrophy workouts.

I add 10lbs per strenght set each month and currently 2,5 to 5 lbs of hypetrophy workout each month.

See you guys tomorow!
I'll post a most muscular, side chest, abs and thighs, lat spread, and to finish off I'll post a back double biceps.

Videos right now NONE, let's see how this goes in a near future.
Thanks Everyone!
If you look like a fitness model, then you failed miserably, just saying.

The Ox
12-06-2010, 07:05 PM
If you look like a fitness model, then you failed miserably, just saying.

Oh yea, that would be pretty funny.
Since I decided to post pictures of myself is becuase I think I am going to meet the standards, just don't expect crazy sutff.
For current purposes I'll put of a pic of rx muscle on my face, I still want to keep my identity clean ok hahahaha
If this gets accepted than i'll post other stuff and myabe even videos later.
I am a natural bodybuilder, and when I say natural I am not talking using low test or any other HORMONE.
I started using 6gr of creatine this month, besides this is training and nutrition.
never cycled any anabolic steroid, ever.
peace.

The Ox
12-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Guys,
I have to admit that this training was setting me back A LOT. I could add a lot of extra sets and so on, I still need to figure out how my body responded and grew with such little stimulation.
I am chaning my training protocols immeditely ( I had a conversation with a local powerlifter ).

Forget about this training it is really not optimal at all.

I am 88kg bf lower than 10% training like this o.O

Go on with other training protocols, even laynes is better than this one

MiamiMadePunk
12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
where are your pics?

Waylon
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
still waiting

Waylon
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
lol FAIL

Guys,
I have to admit that this training was setting me back A LOT. I could add a lot of extra sets and so on, I still need to figure out how my body responded and grew with such little stimulation.
I am chaning my training protocols immeditely ( I had a conversation with a local powerlifter ).

MiamiMadePunk
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow five days and the fitness model(truth hurts huh ox) hasn't posted pics yet.

flipmonk
12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Guys,

hahahaha!!! sorry, but this is a total FAIL!

MiamiMadePunk
12-17-2010, 02:41 PM
It's been nine days and still the fitness model hasn't posted pics yet.