PDA

View Full Version : Gaining while being "clean"

logoz
03-22-2009, 02:40 AM
After your done with your PCT, do you guys ever make gains naturally or is it really just maturing the muscle more than making it bigger when your off for lets say 8 weeks?

Johnny Phenomenon
03-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't focus on gaining. I condition, and I detrain a bit to give my joints/tendons a break.

Jacquester
03-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Same here, I change my eating so I don't get fat, look at it as a recovery/ rest period/ maintainance, and I back off of the weight because you still have the strength at first but not the same recovery- that's how I messed up my shoulders. Then 2-3 weeks before starting again I ramp the intensity and weight back up.

MiStyle
03-22-2009, 03:33 PM
its possible. surprisingly 2 months after my last cycle of just test, i was getting stronger in a few exercises and maintaining all size but i dont feel like i gt any bigger. but recently ive been taking a break bc of a few injuries that crept up on me.

Bob Smith Jr.
03-22-2009, 03:38 PM
the rebound after a show, when most guys are clean, is the best time for growth...soo theres an instance of gaining while clean. Of course, the drugs are still in your system for a good 6-8 weeks in most cases so that helps a little.

Johnny Phenomenon
03-23-2009, 09:21 AM
He didn't say the rebound after a show, he said PCT. Big difference. I drop my weight and lift for higher reps and concentrate more, but just focus on getting in better condition. My body composition changes so much in that period of time, its hard to tell if I am gaining or just refining.