PDA

View Full Version : Glucophage questions

FitnFirm
03-22-2009, 04:13 AM
I couldn't find a better place for this so ...........

My DR. prescribed this for me for insulin issues 3 weeks ago at 500 mg 2 x a day. Only im afraid to use it due to the side effects Ive read like diarrhea and it lowers testosterone along with a bunch of others.

Anyone here have any experience with this and did you have bad sides ?

Thanks in advance !

NPCKnight
03-22-2009, 04:32 AM
do a search to learn more. This has been covered here...although the thread was not 'side' specific.

FitnFirm
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
do a search to learn more. This has been covered here...although the thread was not 'side' specific.

duh :rolleyes:

SallyAnne
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I ran across this in the regular chem section and moved it here to see if FnF can get some answers. :)

Over50
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I am Type 2 diabetic and on Glucophage (MetFormin). The first couple of weeks I had some slight Digestion problems but it went away and does for most people. I only take 500mg a day though. As you know each person is different so it might effect you differently than it did me. I pretty much control mine through diet though.

BigJD69
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I take 2000mgs a day of Glucophage with 10mcg of Byetta twice a day. I have never heard about the Test issues I def, did get some digestive problems but that has since gone away. The combination of both drugs have assisted me in loosing 20lbs!

FitnFirm
06-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I ran across this in the regular chem section and moved it here to see if FnF can get some answers. :)

Thanks Sally. Ive decided not to use it, bottle still full. I just do not feel comfortable with it and could not get enough feedback on it.