PDA

View Full Version : The REST is still unwritten

Pages : [1] 2

musclegoddess65
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
not sure where this will go or what direction, but I know one things for CERTAIN, I cannot keep doing what I've done (or not done) for the last year and keep expecting a different result.

Will I compete again??? or

get back into triathlon?? Maybe consider a 1/2 Ironman???

Or maybe finally try and figure out my FLIPPING issues with food without some thing or event hanging over my head only compounding those food issues?

so sometimes you might see food logs, sometimes lifting logs, sometimes bike or run miles... who the hell knows... sometimes it might just be thoughts of my day, or something new I learned, or heard in *gasp* church... who knows...

but like the title says, the rest is still unwritten.

~gymdiva~
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
:hmn: welcome back sweetie!!!!

musclegoddess65
11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
thank you girl.... and after this crazy-ness of holidays... I vow to make a road trip up North... I've got a niece I've not seen, an old friend, and there are two sexy chicks that I know are pretty awesome to hang with that would be fun to see also!

~gymdiva~
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
you know where we need to go? Concord! almost in the middle for each of us....hellllloooo outlets! :D

musclegoddess65
11-21-2010, 10:02 PM
I could be the bag bitch... I seriously hate shopping, but I'd to go hang with y'all and who knows maybe they have a running shoe outlet? after all its not WHAT your doing but WHO your doing it with!

~gymdiva~
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
they do have Nike, Adidas, and Reebok :D

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
*subscribed*

Welcome back, Darlin!

Sunnyday
11-21-2010, 11:44 PM
you know where we need to go? Concord! almost in the middle for each of us....hellllloooo outlets! :D

Ya!!!!!! :yep:

~gymdiva~
11-23-2010, 10:46 PM
so see you in Concord at midnight on Thursday? :D

GirlyMuscle
11-23-2010, 10:52 PM
2 days of no MG65.....no bueno....

Gerb
11-24-2010, 12:58 AM
How did I miss this? I am in!

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
so see you in Concord at midnight on Thursday? :D

girl I seriously hate shopping you think I'm crazy nuff to be out in any retail facility this weekend... NO WAY :no:

Going into Wal-Mart to get yeast to make bread was MORE then enough for this girl....

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Bout time!!!

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 10:30 AM
I've not done my usual crap after a layoff, going balls to the wall (more like I've been one lazy beeotch for months) - so I've been yanking my butt out from under my warm covers, and doing my walk/run for 35 to 45 minutes... at this junction its seriously a REALLY slow run.... I'm not worried bout how far or fast, just getting my heart moving, sweat going....

and I've got my sneakers at work with me and its been fine fine FINE weather in the south, so instead of munching on crap... I've been putting on my sneakers and doing a couple loops around Daniel Island at lunch time... one loop is about 1.2 miles.

Been just toying with the dumbbells and bands I have at home, right now nothing structured, just getting used to the motion again (yeah its been a long layoff).... but I can only do so much with what I have here... so after I get back from road trip this holiday... its back into the gym... head down, eyes fixed, iPod on....

so nothing really exciting :)

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 10:33 AM
soon though the kitchen will be filled with the smell of freshly baked bread... 4 loaves but with 20+ for dinner it won't go far...

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I am salivating...can't wait to eat tomorrow!

GirlyMuscle
11-24-2010, 10:42 AM
so after I get back from road trip this holiday... its back into the gym... head down, eyes fixed, iPod on....

so nothing really exciting :)

Sounds exciting to me. ;)

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I will quickly remember what muscle soreness is....

Sunnyday
11-24-2010, 12:40 PM
soon though the kitchen will be filled with the smell of freshly baked bread... 4 loaves but with 20+ for dinner it won't go far...

MMMMMM.....bread! I haven't eaten the stuff in a long, LONG time. You just inspired me to bake some. :p Will be great to mop up the gravy with the much-anticipated cheat meal!

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I made 4 loaves and they smell so good.... might have to make 2 more, some cinnamon raisin bread for the Turkey Day breakfast.... I love to cook and bake... and when I know it won't be around as others will eat it, its safe to do....

Sunnyday
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I am the same way with baking. My daughter's school has a bingo night every Tuesday so I get to bake all kinds of goodies for that occasion every week. I reserve a few for the kids for their Tuesday afternoon snack and the rest goes out the door! It helps to keep me in practice without having the temptation here in the house.

Next weekend is the annual ladies' Christmas breakfast at my church. I've signed up to bake for that as well. Funny thing is, I won't be eating the stuff I'm making. I'll be bringing my usual high-protein, health-conscious meal. I know I will be getting some strange looks from people, but I don't care anymore.

~gymdiva~
11-24-2010, 02:54 PM
girl I seriously hate shopping you think I'm crazy nuff to be out in any retail facility this weekend... NO WAY :no:

don't knock it until you try it! hahahahaha....mom and I have always been anti-black friday but when they decided to open the concord outlets that first time at midnight she goes, you wanna go? we can check out the people! hahahahaha we went and it's now tradition! only exception was last year....RIP snowball :( damn 16yr old driver :mad:

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I am the same way with baking. My daughter's school has a bingo night every Tuesday so I get to bake all kinds of goodies for that occasion every week. I reserve a few for the kids for their Tuesday afternoon snack and the rest goes out the door! It helps to keep me in practice without having the temptation here in the house.

Next weekend is the annual ladies' Christmas breakfast at my church. I've signed up to bake for that as well. Funny thing is, I won't be eating the stuff I'm making. I'll be bringing my usual high-protein, health-conscious meal. I know I will be getting some strange looks from people, but I don't care anymore.

one of the ladies at Bible Study is hosting a cookie exchange, I'm excited cause I get to bake my favorite, but I get to give them all away - and what I get in return, I'll take to work and give away... :byeg:

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
don't knock it until you try it! hahahahaha....mom and I have always been anti-black friday but when they decided to open the concord outlets that first time at midnight she goes, you wanna go? we can check out the people! hahahahaha we went and it's now tradition! only exception was last year....RIP snowball :( damn 16yr old driver :mad:

now the people watching aspect would be hilarious!

:yep:

Sunnyday
11-24-2010, 10:22 PM
one of the ladies at Bible Study is hosting a cookie exchange, I'm excited cause I get to bake my favorite, but I get to give them all away - and what I get in return, I'll take to work and give away... :byeg:

We think alike. I'll be sending the extras from our cookie exchange to work with my husband. Win-win situation!

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 11:04 PM
yes and here it is... 11pm EST and I am still baking bread... 4 loaves of white bread done and then I had a request for cinnamon raisin bread...the might have to make turned into a please... realize at 9pm I had no yeast left... do you KNOW what Wal-Mart is like on Thanksgiving Eve... I am surprised I didn't harm someone...

Sunnyday
11-24-2010, 11:49 PM
LOL, I liken any trip to Walmart as a step down in evolutionary level, so I can't even imagine Thanksgiving eve!

And I thought I was the late one, just finished baking muffins and two pies. Skipped cherry this year, did pumpkin and also pecan. Got the sweet potatoes done, too.

Happy cheat day!

stephaniewicked
11-25-2010, 10:24 AM
I loveeee fresh-baked bread. If I was Sharon and worked at Outback during prep, part of me would wanna cry everytime I saw a loaf of pumpernickel bread lol. That stuff is soooo yummyyyy!

Walmart at 9pm on Thanksgiving Eve must have been like the grocery store at lunchtime yesterday. I knew it was a bad idea, but I needed ingredients for my pumpkin muffins... in and out as quick as possible! Thankfully I was able to execute, but you never know if you are gonna be so lucky. Those holiday shoppers are crazzzzy!!

Happy Thanksgiving, love!

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 02:02 PM
LOL, I liken any trip to Walmart as a step down in evolutionary level, so I can't even imagine Thanksgiving eve!

And I thought I was the late one, just finished baking muffins and two pies. Skipped cherry this year, did pumpkin and also pecan. Got the sweet potatoes done, too.

Happy cheat day!

you SKIPPED cherry pie... man that is my ultimate favorite pie by far...

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I loveeee fresh-baked bread. If I was Sharon and worked at Outback during prep, part of me would wanna cry everytime I saw a loaf of pumpernickel bread lol. That stuff is soooo yummyyyy!

Walmart at 9pm on Thanksgiving Eve must have been like the grocery store at lunchtime yesterday. I knew it was a bad idea, but I needed ingredients for my pumpkin muffins... in and out as quick as possible! Thankfully I was able to execute, but you never know if you are gonna be so lucky. Those holiday shoppers are crazzzzy!!

Happy Thanksgiving, love!

Yes I don't think I could work at Outback period... customers may NEVER get the bread at their table.... I am a fresh baked bread hoe... myself... nothing like it fresh outta the oven, cool down a bit and still warm enough for the butter to be all melty on it... ah yes! drooling just thinking about it, but its all gone now....

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 02:08 PM
not sure I'll have to get on the scale tomorrow to be certain, but I think I actually LOST a pound or two over Thanksgiving...

I didn't go all crazy and maybe its cause I was tired, but I ate a little of this, a bit of that, didn't stuff myself and about all I went back for 2nd on was my fresh bread :) - now sitting here thinking about it.... I didn't even eat ANY dessert - guess it helped that there wasn't anything for dessert I liked... not a pumpkin pie girl... nor a mint pie person and darn it (or well thankfully) no one made cherry pie...

another chapter starts tomorrow...

Sunnyday
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
you SKIPPED cherry pie... man that is my ultimate favorite pie by far...

Mine too. In fact, it's my whole family's favorite. I was figuring my sister-in-law was going to bring one, since she was supposed to bring a dessert. Instead, she brought apple. With my oldest daughter away at her dad's for the week, I couldn't imagine baking my own cherry pie and have her miss it. She's not a big fan of nuts, so I settled for pecan. It rocked the house. In retrospect, I should've made 3 pies and told my sister-in-law to bring something else. My oldest is here for Christmas, so cherry is already on that dessert menu!

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I know its probably un-American or something for Apple to not be your favorite pie, or to not like Pumpkin pie, especially at Thanksgiving, but I guess I'm just anti-establishment...

and warm cherry pie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream...

stephaniewicked
11-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Forget the pie... vanilla bean ice cream is what's up! I love vanilla... mmm! :drool:

GirlyMuscle
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Tina made these praline pumpkin pies. OMG! They are sooo good. There's a layer of crunchy/chewy praline caramel stuff on the bottom. YUM!

musclegoddess65
11-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Tina made these praline pumpkin pies. OMG! They are sooo good. There's a layer of crunchy/chewy praline caramel stuff on the bottom. YUM!

no offense to Tina as I am sure they were good IF pumpkin pie is your thing... but nothing rocks like them darn brownies you make girl! with the ooey gooey caramel on top and inside....

musclegoddess65
11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Forget the pie... vanilla bean ice cream is what's up! I love vanilla... mmm! :drool:

I like vanilla ice cream just not by itself... now throw some magic shell on it and i'm in! or cherry pie under it...

musclegoddess65
11-29-2010, 01:58 PM
kinda missing not having turkey for sandwiches.... specially when there is nothing in the house to eat....but within walking distance to Publix at work..

m1 - 2 scoops Dymatize w/water and flax seed
m2 - canned chicken breast w/vinegar (love it)
m3 - 6 small brown rice spicy sushi tuna rolls from Publix
m4 - 2 scoops Dymatize w/water
m5 - 4 oz chicken breast w/cup turnip greens

and if still hungry at bedtime likely vanilla whey protein powder and diet sierra mist cranberry splash.

did stock up on canned chicken breast and some tuna pouches while at Publix... good to have in one's office just in case...

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
not sure what the hell is up with my computer at home... but I can't get to RX... what's weird is I click on the link and the bar across the bottom looks like its going to the site but it never appears.... yet when I get to work the next day and log on i get here fine and it shows my last visit as when I couldn't get the site to pull up at home???? what the flip????

I can get to FB, or any other site....

GirlyMuscle
12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi Gorgeous!

So we're gonna keep ourselves accountable to each other, yes? Do you want to post here in our journals at RX or would you like to do it somewhere else? I mean we can go private email if you'd like.

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
nope... here is fine... I got a lot of uglyness to unleash :) sure your ready????

and of course we can text and anything we deem to personal do private... but who knows who else could benefit....

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
M1 - 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey mixed w/Diet Mt Dew
M2 - 3oz can Chk brst/ 2 oz Grapes
M3 - Brown Rice Sushi Rolls
M4 - 1/2 cup Stewed Tomatoes/Tuna
M5 - 4 oz salmon/Asparagus

GirlyMuscle
12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm ready for anything you can dish out. ;)

Yeah, plug that into your calorie calculator. Looks a little low. I know where you log. Have you set up that checkbook thingie? What's the plan? Are you getting yourself back into the gym?

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 01:15 PM
checkbook thingie???

if its to low and I'm hungry... a shake before bed is an option, likely with mac nut oil in it... my hair and skin is do dry...

Plan gym lift 3 or 4 days... cardio 6 days 30-45 minutes

Sunnyday
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
nope... here is fine... I got a lot of uglyness to unleash :) sure your ready????

and of course we can text and anything we deem to personal do private... but who knows who else could benefit....

:yep:

BEAST MODE
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
vanilla whey and diet dew huh? how is that? how do you even mix it...blender? because obviously it can't be shaken...

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
vanilla whey and diet dew huh? how is that? how do you even mix it...blender? because obviously it can't be shaken...

whatever you do... DO NOT put it in a shaker cup to mix... MUST be the blender.... doesn't have to be whey protein but the whey seems to stick with me longer.... and you can swap out any flavor diet soda and vanilla protein for different flavors....

Personally I LOVE it...I've used many flavors and even throw in some mac nut oil...

GirlyMuscle
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Checkbook thingie at LL. Remember...put in your goals and stats and watch the checkbook thingie balance. And no, I'm not explaining that to the rest of you.

musclegoddess65
12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
oh girl it is so different over there.... but.. its a place to log foods and not re-invent the wheel for me... but its so not a checkbook thingie anymore

LL is actually where Erin and I met.... at first I thought she didn't like me and now look, your one of my very best buds!

musclegoddess65
12-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Today's Plan:

M1- 2 scoops Elite Dymatize/water
M2 - 1 cup Grapes
M3 - 3oz chicken/1 cup stewed tomatoes
M4 - 1oz beef jerky
M5 - 4oz chicken/1 cup greens
M6 - 4.5 oz chicken/1.5 cup grapes

1251 Calories, 39G Carbs, 49G Protien, 12G Fat

bed at 10:30, awake at 2am, unable to get back to sleep till I needed to get up... needless to say I'll have to suck it up and hit the gym tonight...

GirlyMuscle
12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
How did you do on your plan yesterday? I was ok until after work. Stopped in at Applebees after work instead of going home and eating cottage cheese.

musclegoddess65
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
mmmm sans a few chocolate covered pretzels....I did ok....

ordered them weeks ago from one of the gals at works daughters....I should have just not opened them, period... but the UPS guy came by at just the right time... I kept the cute tin and sent him off with an afternoon snack!

ate at applebee's a few nights ago... got the sirloin.. it wasn't Casey's but it was good, but man how do you F up broccoli? You know its not my 'go-to' veggie, but I'll eat it... it was HORRIBLE!

GirlyMuscle
12-02-2010, 02:09 PM
LOL...I love Applebees broccoli. It has seasonings and garlic. Unfortunately there isn't much at Applebees I don't like.

BEAST MODE
12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Woah...you love spsf???

musclegoddess65
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Woah...you love spsf???

what the hell is that?

and Erin this broc had nothing... nothing I tell ya.. it sucked... I mentioned to the gals I was with that this would NOT be acceptable in your B

BEAST MODE
12-03-2010, 06:32 AM
When Erin was prepping, we decided we were going to call broccoli satan's petrified shit florets (spsf) because she hated it and I would puke if I ate it.

GirlyMuscle
12-03-2010, 06:42 AM
I like broccoli actually. But I don't eat it every day. That's why I like it. I'm picky about it though. Has to be fresh and steamed or if I have to have frozen it has to be baby florets, lightly nuked. With I can't believe it's not butter spray and salt. Contest prep as you know is plain. And I don't usually eat 8 ozs at a shot. There were days I had 8 ozs of veggies 3 times in one day and broccoli was all I had. That's a helluva a lot of broccoli for one day. I'm still not over the broccoli thing. It's still spsf. Still feel gaggy about eating it again.

Applebees broccoli would be the exception. Kim, in some Bees they have two broccolis. Garlic broccoli (which is the only one we serve) and steamed nothing on it broccoli. My guess is that's what you got.

musclegoddess65
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I personally don't like broccoli, but if cooked properly I can eat it... my taste buds have expanded a LOT... i will give some credit to keto dieting for that, some to, well you tastes just change...

hate eggs but can/will tolerate them...but never just whites and never plain... there must be some meat in my eggs...just eggs will make me gag...

never ate sushi - now I jump at the chance to eat some raw sushi grade tuna...

wine - uh no way... now I will miss it again :(

and would never touch asparagus... but April 09 my sis-in-law made me try it again... loved it so much I took the leftovers home... and took them with me when GX and I drove to FL... and I ate it cold in the parking lot...'

so when that broccoli was so nasty... it just was disheartening... they need sugar snap peas like outback!

musclegoddess65
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.leannesslifestyle.com/public_journal/?LCN=kim102

rather than re-invent the wheel or retype everything... above is a link to my food logs...

GirlyMuscle
12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
^^Wow....that looks so different from when I was there.

musclegoddess65
12-03-2010, 01:41 PM
well he is always improving... but since I'm a lifer might as well use at least the tool provided... and it IS what got me where I wanted to be once - granted it was the honeymoon-ness of it all that we've talked about before (it will fix life).... it is not harder now just I know it won't fix my life just be losing weight, it in fact will create its own problems...

tammyp
12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
seems alot like fitday. ive used fitday for years, everytime george gives me a new diet...straight to FD!

GirlyMuscle
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
It is a lot like fitday. Leanness Lifestyle is a website run by Coach David Greenwalt CSCS. It's like a step up from Body For Life. There are tools like calorie calculators, workout generators, a forum and David coaches each person for a monthly fee. It's where Kim, Geo (my old roommate) and I met many years ago. Kim earned a lifetime membership. Geo and I no longer have a membership. I agree....you have the tools, Kim, might as well use them. Say hi to Dave for me. :D

musclegoddess65
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
It is a lot like fitday. Leanness Lifestyle is a website run by Coach David Greenwalt CSCS. It's like a step up from Body For Life. There are tools like calorie calculators, workout generators, a forum and David coaches each person for a monthly fee. It's where Kim, Geo (my old roommate) and I met many years ago. Kim earned a lifetime membership. Geo and I no longer have a membership. I agree....you have the tools, Kim, might as well use them. Say hi to Dave for me. :D

yeah you know my love/hate relationship with Dave...

and if not for having what I need there I'd likely use fitday... but since I've been a member since 2002 all my custom foods are there... and I've reconnected with some members - but it will never be like what it was back in the day Erin, but that's ok.. things change and evolve just like people...

musclegoddess65
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
cooking myself some london broil and sweet potatoe on the grill... will heat up some greens when that's done... so will have to adjust food log for the day...

I sure do miss a good butcher shop where I can get a steak cut just how I'd like it, but this one looked pretty lean and mean...

GirlyMuscle
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
When is Southwest starting flights out of Charleston?

musclegoddess65
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
March 18th!

musclegoddess65
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
When is Southwest starting flights out of Charleston?

I already know one trip will be around June 12th when my niece graduates HS... and maybe around Jr Nationals that depends...

its still not dirt cheap about $129 one way, but still MUCH cheaper than the $500+ before...

GirlyMuscle
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't worry about Jr Nats. You have your niece's graduation and maybe another one to attend in IL. A certain young man who wouldn't be where he is now without you trucking him back and forth to special school. Yep, Colin is graduating and planning on college and I heard you will be invited to his graduation since you were such a huge part of his school success. :)

musclegoddess65
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Don't worry about Jr Nats. You have your niece's graduation and maybe another one to attend in IL. A certain young man who wouldn't be where he is now without you trucking him back and forth to special school. Yep, Colin is graduating and planning on college and I heard you will be invited to his graduation since you were such a huge part of his school success. :)

yeah you have no idea how touched I was when George asked me to be there... he said if I can swing the time off he and Tina will pick up the plane ticket and I can stay there or they'd get me a hotel.. HELLO like I"d stay in a hotel when I can visit casa Pradel... as if, what's he thinkin'

so if that Jr Nationals thing comes to pass... mmm yeah that will be in my plans too..

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2010, 10:13 AM
A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely. ~Pam Brown

You're the bestest friend!

Mama Muscle
12-13-2010, 10:33 PM
:) I am BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :) xoxoxo

I've missed you!

musclegoddess65
12-19-2010, 07:17 PM
A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely. ~Pam Brown

You're the bestest friend!

back at ya!

musclegoddess65
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
:) I am BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :) xoxoxo

I've missed you!

Hey lady!!

musclegoddess65
12-20-2010, 06:05 AM
morning cardio done....

was hard to crawl out from under my warm blankets, but... I did....

now if we could just get beyond Saturday... I'm ready for Christmas to be over... sick of rude people, I mean isn't this supposed to be a jolly time of year, I seriously think people get more rude and ignorant. Oh if we could keep that child like wonder and belief of Santa and how if we were rude or bad Santa wouldn't come see us....

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Good morning, sunshine! No cardio for me but I am thinking I might do a little this afternoon just for the hell of it. I'm working PF 6-12 and 2-10 so I thought maybe 20-30 minutes during that break might give me a pump for the evening shift.

Meal 1 was a-ok...so far so good!

musclegoddess65
12-20-2010, 06:13 AM
getting ready for M1 myself...

Oatmeal and a shake....

I really would prefer a pop-tart and milk :)

musclegoddess65
12-20-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm thinking Florida Keys next Christmas thru New Years...

musclegoddess65
12-20-2010, 06:17 AM
they had a new PF open here.... its a little out of my way, but would afford me early AM gym time... I just can't deal with the assholes that go there after 5pm (at any gym)... but its funny how all PF's charge different prices... I assume this one is trying to pay for the real estate they've taken up within a mall...

It was funny to be in that mall shopping yesterday and BAM there is a PF, people actually in there, although quite dead... not sure I'd wanna be in there when the mall is open, I'd feel like a hamster in a cage... being watched by the mall shoppers...

stephaniewicked
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking Florida Keys next Christmas thru New Years...

I like that idea... I've been thinking about taking a holiday break one year and just running away. Maybe not Christmas though, but I'd do it on Thanksgiving for sure. Just one holiday someplace far, far away. Yeah, that sounds nice! :)

musclegoddess65
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I like that idea... I've been thinking about taking a holiday break one year and just running away. Maybe not Christmas though, but I'd do it on Thanksgiving for sure. Just one holiday someplace far, far away. Yeah, that sounds nice! :)

even a cruise would be a stellar idea!

musclegoddess65
12-22-2010, 02:39 PM
things are just coming together and I like it... I like it a lot...

lots of work to do between May 21 and June 17/18... not competing, not sure I ever want to again. well ok maybe ONCE more...

but in mean time will get some shoots set up for both May 21 and Jr nationals week in Chicago...

was trying to figure out how I was going to swing a trip in May to IL (friends son's graduation), then two trips on June... my niece is graduating... well sis in law said would you rather come to ceremony or grad party...UH party of course... so she will graduate 6/12/11 but sis in law will have party on 6/19/11... which means I can fly out the 16th, be in town for Jr Nationals AND niece's party, spend time with IL friends... and a couple booked shoots will mean #1 I have a goal to shoot for (pun intended) and #2 flight would be paid for with 2 booked shoots!

HELL YA!

I'm so stoked I can't concentrate on work damn it.

BEAST MODE
12-22-2010, 02:42 PM
So what dates will you be up there? 6/16 until when?

musclegoddess65
12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
looking at 6/16 to fly out and return maybe late flight on Sunday 26th..... was thinking mid-week like 22nd 23rd but screw that... I've got 22 days vacation to use!

BEAST MODE
12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Hmmm...if it's possible, I may have to make the trek up there and see you considering that's the closest you'll be to me until who knows when.

musclegoddess65
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
hmmm...if it's possible, i may have to make the trek up there and see you considering that's the closest you'll be to me until who knows when.

great america????

BEAST MODE
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
That would be so badass!!! And of course we'd have to train together...that just goes without saying. If I can swing it and get a day or 2 off, I'll try to make it up!

musclegoddess65
12-22-2010, 03:51 PM
uh, the training was a given! would be cool to hit GA again with you and David!

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh how it would have been nice for this Christmas to be different... but it is what it is and I'll make the most of it... missing my brother terribly but its an awful long drive and I have no vacation time, and a $500+ flight was out of the budget question... so grateful Southwest starts flying out of Charleston in March...

got up, did cardio, then went out to the retail establishments... stopped at Hardee's for some coffee... went into Dollar General and that poor gal looked like she had a late night and she started to salivate over the fact I had coffee.... I decided to spread a little Christmas cheer... I went across the street to McD's got two sausage biscuits and 2 coffee's and took them back to the gals at Dollar General... you would have thought I brought them a gourmet meal - figured if they hadn't had coffee they might not have eaten breakfast either - something tells me they were both doing the party thing last night and had to pull the opening shift....

Then I decided to brave Wal-Mart... you know its not so bad if you go with the mindset its crowded, people are in a hurry so don't you be... I had a few stocking stuffers to get and ingredients for homemade spag sauce.... will let it cook all day and into the night, then will use it for my stuffed shells tomorrow - and will make some homemade garlic cheese bread - I know what's an Irish red head doing eating Italian for Christmas dinner... well tired of ham and turkey and I love Italian food!

and its gonna be a while before I get to eat bread again.... so might as well enjoy some of it from my own two hands.... and its damn good sauce and bread if I do say so myself.... the coming weeks will be full of chicken, chicken and, well, more chicken, by June I might have grown feathers...

BEAST MODE
12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Are you going to do a show or just going on a preppish diet?

Sledge
12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Merry Christmas K.

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I've got to brave Walmart today too and I agree...go with knowledge that it will be crazy and busy and just relax and take my time....

BEAST MODE
12-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you gonna get me some Hot Wheels?!?!

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
if I compete it will be in the fall of 2011... for now... just a prep diet...

would like to do some photo shoots in Charleston in May and in Chicago in June - that is what I am 'shooting' for ;)

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Merry Christmas K.

Merry Christmas to you also Sledge.... is it winter now or summer there???

what big plans do you have for Christmas?

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Are you gonna get me some Hot Wheels?!?!

have you been a good boy?

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I've got to brave Walmart today too and I agree...go with knowledge that it will be crazy and busy and just relax and take my time....

wine would have made it more fun... but it was too early and I plan to go to church tonight...

Gerb
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Hope you have a Merry Christmas Kim!

BEAST MODE
12-24-2010, 04:54 PM
have you been a good boy?

Well...yes and no. I mean I've been nice to people, yes...but I've also been very naughty. :yep:

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:27 PM
this Santa thinks naughty is good

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:27 PM
wait wait... freaking eh.. your my buddy AND young nuff to be my son... shit... rewind...

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2010, 08:32 PM
You've missed a lot since you've been away. Rich has grown an appreciation for Cougars these days. ;)

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:33 PM
ozzy, wine, and wrapping the last of gifts....

cookies out for Santa..

carrots out for reindeer...

and is it fucking June yet?

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:34 PM
You've missed a lot since you've been away. Rich has grown an appreciation for Cougars these days. ;)

no F'n way.. Rich is damn good looking but NO F'N way..... that is just weird on too many levels...

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I ate too many cookies today. And pizza. And my afternoon drunk is now sober. Blah.

Is it June yet?

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:41 PM
my drunk ain't no where near sober yet... :)

one cookie... but game is on for one last time tomorrow... home made sauce, shells, home made garlic cheese bread and some WINE... done after that... it is on Sunday!

spending NYE alone, dog sitting so, well.. wanna come south for NYE

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 08:45 PM
there are stars in the southern sky'
southward as you go
there are moon light and moss in the trees
down the 7 bridges road...

I don't really like country but iTunes is on fire tonight...

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2010, 08:46 PM
If I could afford to I'd be there now. I'm starting up on Wednesday, I think. I have a lunch on Monday and a dinner on Tuesday and then all of my holidays food commitments are over. I will have pork and sauerkraut on NYD. It's a PA Duetsch good luck tradition.

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 09:01 PM
girl if I could afford it I'd be there.. but I'd have to skip that nasty ass NYD food... yuck... sauerkraut... ugh... I'd rather eat chicken.. hell I'd rather eat eggs.. and you know I HATE eggs...

She's taking time making up the reasons
To justify all the hurt inside
Guess she knows from the smiles and the look in their eyes
Everyone's got a theory about the bitter one
They're saying, "Mama never loved her much"
And, "Daddy never keeps in touch
That's why she shies away from human affection"
But somewhere in a private place
She packs her bags for outer space
And now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come
And she'll say to him
She's sayin

I would fly to the moon and back if you be...
If you be my baby
I've got a ticket for a world where we, we belong
So would you be my baby?

She can't remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
All her friends, well they've been trialed for treason
And crimes that were never defined
She's saying, "Love is like a barren place,
And reaching out for human faith
It's like a journey I just don't have a map for"
So baby's gonna take a dive and
Push the shift to overdrive
Send a signal that she's hanging
All her hopes on the stars
What a pleasant dream
She's saying
If you be my baby
I've got a ticket for a world where we,we belong
So would you be my baby?

Hold on, hold on ...

Mama never loved her much
And, Daddy never keeps in touch
That's why she shies away from human affection
But somewhere in a private place
She packs her bags for outer space
And now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come
And she'll say to him
She's saying

If you be my baby
So would you be my baby?

If you be my baby
So would you be my baby?
yeaaaah ...

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Drinking a little wine and listening to sappy music?

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 10:10 PM
no shit...

Its an wild mix...

Dance Hall Days Love!

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 10:11 PM
theory of a deadman.. bad girlfriend.. :)

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 10:12 PM
OMG there has got to be some Bee Gee's in there somewhere!

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah
I am the jigsaw man
I turn the World around
With a skeleton hand say
I am electric head
A cannibal core
A television said yeah
Do not victimize
Read the motherfucker
Psychoholic lines
Into a psychic war
I tear my soul apart
And I eat it some more yeah

stephaniewicked
12-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Mmm... bread! I may need to put in a request for some for when I get off stage in May!! ;) Just sayin'... :p That's exciting about the photoshoots too. I really like having a goal to work towards. It helps keep me balanced, focused, and on the right track... pretty much the epitome of everything I wasn't today!

Merry Christmas, Kim!! Hope you have a great holiday!

musclegoddess65
12-25-2010, 10:49 AM
can definitely make you some bread girl... NO PROBLEM...

musclegoddess65
12-25-2010, 10:53 AM
doesn't get any better... a new telephoto lens for my Nikon....

and Despicable ME! I love that movie! and a stuffed minion...

a little elf re-potted all my plants that needed re-potting....

from scratch waffles and turkey bacon for breakfast....

now I think I need a Christmas nap!

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I took a couple of sleeping pills last night so I could sleep deep and for a long time. Nine hours later I got up and had cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast. I'm going to be prepping foods all day so I think I'm going to grab a nap soon. I'm only up for 2 hours but hey, it's Christmas...i can sleep all day if I want!

stephaniewicked
12-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear Santa and the elves treated you well this year! ;)

I got Despicable Me for my birthday and just watched it the other night. Agnes is my favorite, so cute!! The minions are funny too!

musclegoddess65
12-25-2010, 05:39 PM
it amazes me that a cartoon makes me teary.... I get, sweaty eyeballs (as Rich would say) when he realizes he loves those little girls.. and then when he reads them the story he made up and gives them hugs and kisses... it is so adorable....

stephaniewicked
12-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Not the story he made up, but still a cute scene...

esrK7Wbutog&feature=related

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 01:50 PM
SERIOUSLY???? so a few flakes are falling in South Carolina and they cancel church?

its not even sticking to the ground.... and what MIGHT stick will be gone by morning... and goodness NY weekend its supposed to be in the 70's!

BEAST MODE
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
It's gonna be almost 60 here on NYE! And in the 50s that weekend...so all the snow will be gone! Saweet!!! I'm so sick of looking at it. Bring on the heat!

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 01:56 PM
well guess since I ain't going anywhere... might have to get back in my warm PJ's....

BEAST MODE
12-26-2010, 01:57 PM
That sounds like a great plan!

Sledge
12-26-2010, 02:07 PM
was 107o here today

Christmas day it was 95 at midnight.

No snow at all yet.

:)

BEAST MODE
12-26-2010, 02:10 PM
107 and no snow? Damn...that is so unusual! lol

GirlyMuscle
12-26-2010, 03:25 PM
27F here in PA. The snow just started. They are calling for 4-8 inches around here. An hour away in Philly, they've declared it a snow state of emergency and the Eagles game has already been postponed until Tuesday. I need warmer. I hate snow.

Sunnyday
12-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Our snow started around 11. Similar forecast over here, just a bit south of you. Different websites are giving different amounts, as usual. Anywhere from 3 to 15 inches, LOL! One thing they do agree on is the 40 mph wind gusts.

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Snow is a lot like sex... you never know how many inches your gonna get or how long it will last...

now since it is nothing but wetness on the roads, not even frozen, I can't believe church's 5pm service was canned.... we had some flakes but that was it...

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
was 107o here today

Christmas day it was 95 at midnight.

No snow at all yet.

:)

now those are my kind of Christmas temps!:yep:

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
ugh... don't even feel like drinking wine tonight... poured a glass and now I'm just wanting some water.... :)

GirlyMuscle
12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm having wine. Gotta use it up this week. It can't be in the house as of Jan 2.

sassy69
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Snow is a lot like sex... you never know how many inches your gonna get or how long it will last...

And then its a big wet mess and soaked clothes when its all over... sometimes even wet socks.

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm having wine. Gotta use it up this week. It can't be in the house as of Jan 2.

I'd save it for NYE, but I'll be hanging alone and doggie sitting...

GirlyMuscle
12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I never do anything for NYE. I just don't give a crap. I'd rather stay in where it's warm and watch the specials on TV until I'm too tired to wait for midnight. this year I'm working the Bee until 9-10. I offered to close since I figured lots of people would want to get out early to party but...yeah.

musclegoddess65
12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I never do anything for NYE. I just don't give a crap. I'd rather stay in where it's warm and watch the specials on TV until I'm too tired to wait for midnight. this year I'm working the Bee until 9-10. I offered to close since I figured lots of people would want to get out early to party but...yeah.

I don't mind going out if its somewhere I can stay... even if I don't drink you still have to worry with all the others that do drink AND decide its ok to drive...

BEAST MODE
12-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Guarantee I'll be asleep by 9 on NYE. Up Saturday morning for cardio, then headed to IN.

musclegoddess65
12-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Guarantee I'll be asleep by 9 on NYE. Up Saturday morning for cardio, then headed to IN.

that is just hilarious coming from you... Erin and I, well I can see it, we are older... you are in your prime... but then you are not the normal 26 year old either and that's why your pretty damn cool in my book... and I consider you a dear friend... :hmn:

I won't guarantee sleep by 9, unless I fall asleep on the sofa with the dog watching movies.... which is quite possible...

BEAST MODE
12-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah I just have no desire to do the party thing at all anymore. At the worst, I'd visit my friend Johnny Blaze and listen to Pink Floyd or something...but that'd only last about an hour and I'd fall asleep drooling.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
well to many damn threads to catch up on, I'd be all day... no time for that... for those who's threads I read regularly.. I keep up via text or FB anyhow...

Prior to the holidays I had not pulled my head out of my ass yet to get back to lifting... but all that's been put to rest... I needed to just get myself re-acclimated to doing anything period, so I started with cardio...

but now its is time to get back to lifting... and every muscle in my body feels my absence from it for so long... hell leg day was Wed and finally today, Sunday I can actually lower myself to the potty without bracing the wall and the sink.... but this pain and extreme soreness will serve as my reminder to never do this again to myself...

my lifting won't be about posting heavy numbers for a while.... its amazing and very HUMBLING how much strength you lose... so much so I feel like a beginner again... but I am happy that some magically switch has been flipped and for now the past will be the past, doesn't mean I won't be sad for a bit that I can't bench 135 again, BUT I won't dwell on it.. mention it and move on to working back to it!

I am back to being at the gym at 4am, lifting,and if time, doing cardio, if not, then it means going back later to do it....

training will be as follows:

Monday - back/bis/abs and HIIT cardio
Tuesday - legs and steady state cardio
Wednesday - shoulders/abs and cardio
Thursday - chest/tris and cardio
Friday - total body(light lifting) and HIIT cardio
Saturday - cardio
Sunday - off

again this week has been tough mentally and physically... getting used to getting to bed by 9 to get up at 330/345, lifting, cardio, its funny how things that were such habit before, seem like OMG how did I fit all this in previously.... but it is just making it a habit again...

my weight hasn't budged much, after the initial 5ish pounds of water loss but with every muscle in my body being so sore I'm not surprised either... I KNOW my diet has been spot on...so I'm not going to worry or obsess over it...

It will be challenging in some ways because no one I know in SC understands old Kim... the Kim that trained everyday, drank from a gallon jug of water, ate from a cooler packed with food.... no rather peeps in SC only know what they know as Kim who hasn't cared much in the last year - so not only am I having to re-train myself.. I am having to train peeps around me... turning down invites to go out to eat because I need to go to the gym, going to a dinner party but eating beforehand.... but either they will understand and support, or, they won't, it really is just that simple...

MY switched has been flipped and that is all that matters... blinders on, head down, time to attack...

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Yay! Kim's back!

:jump:

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
yea... sigh...it is gonna be a lonely IN REAL LIFE existence... will be on RX, FB, texting and my blog a LOT... cause no one else gets me :)

lots of reflection time and journaling too... I won't dwell on the pain, but I do need to remember it and speak about it, so I never go HERE again.... EVER... and if I do it publicly when I slip someone can always copy and paste my own words to toss back in my face as a reminder.....

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
You know you can call me or text anytime!

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
how do you know when your fat burner is kicking in....

your F'n sweating sitting here!

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
You know you can call me or text anytime!

I know... we both know we text better than talk :) unless we are in person.... then we sometimes can't shut up!

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 02:09 PM
What fatburner are you using?

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 02:10 PM
By the way..this is where I get ephedra. I use Lipodrene.

http://www.i-supplements.com/

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 02:20 PM
What fatburner are you using?

alr hyperdrive.... but I haven't used ANY in such a long time it is kicking my ass!

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
I got a free bottle of Hyperdrive from Laina (ALR's wife) awhile back. Haven't tried it yet. I also have ALRI's Poison. Just waiting for coach to tell me to use one.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I have Poison too....

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I can't take Poison on an empty stomach. It's too strong. I get nauseous. And I'm the stimulant queen so you know it's good stuff if I'm effected by it.

Sunnyday
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Glad to have you back, MG! You have been missed, girl. :hmn:

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
:hmn: hugs back to ya Sunny!

Sunnyday
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm just so thankful for the web being invented in the first place so I can have peeps like you to connect with. I'd be going crazy trying to be my own cheerleader in this sport while being isolated as a stay at home mom.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm just so thankful for the web being invented in the first place so I can have peeps like you to connect with. I'd be going crazy trying to be my own cheerleader in this sport while being isolated as a stay at home mom.

I would be lost with out the net... and since I am in SC surrounded by peeps that don't know the Kim that left IL, they only know 'this' Kim... they don't get the gym at 4am, going to bed at 9pm, forgoing dinner out because its not on plan or because I choose to sleep in so now gym comes after work, the eating before attending a social function so your not tempted, the gallon jug of water or the cooler you'll tote around.... yes believe me... RX, FB, texting, other boards... will be where I live socially for a while :yep:

and I also think the net rocks for the way it can bring others from far away together... like minded peeps that you may have never ever known... you may never get to meet them in for real life, but then maybe you will... I got to meet and become GREAT friends with Erin... I've meet Rich, Steve, Rob... and a host of many more net peeps that became in life peeps - but my body is on I need to feed mode and I can't think... :hypno:

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
YouTube - I Want To Be a Bodybuilder

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 09:38 PM
bedtime for bonzo... day off tomorrow but might as well keep that 4am think going... I can take a nap after my massage....

Good night RX family...

back, bi's abs and cardio!

freebirdmac
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
This week will be better than last week. Next week will be better than this week :) And maybe your SC friends will come to understand and support this other side of you.

musclegoddess65
01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
its ok if they don't get it... it took my east coast friends a while too... it just means I have to do what I need to do... I don't expect anyone else to change what they do because I am - and if it means a lonely in life existence, so be it. Not like I have a lot of free time to be social anyhow... when you get up at 330/345 am by 8pm your fading fast....

today was back and bi's and some HIIT cardio:

Lat Pulldowns s/s w/DB hammer curls - 75 s/s 15 x 4 sets,
Seated CG Row s/s w/Pr.Curls - 60 s/s 30 x 2, 75 s/s 30 x 1
1 Arm DB Row s/s w/BB Bi curls - 25 s/s 30 x 3
Asst WG Pullups - 15@140, 15@130, 15@140, 15@130
Neutral Grip Pulldowns - [email protected], 10@75, 12@60, 12@60, 10@75, 8@80
Alt DB Curls - 8@15, 10@15, 12@15, 8@15/4@10, 7@15/3@10, 8@15

most reps are 10 to 12 range... and between each super set is about 30SECONDS rest and yes my stop watch is going to keep me timed.... so between a year layoff = strength lost (a lot) and very VERY short rest... my weights are weenie :)

I have a picture of David and I working out and I was curling with ease a 25lb dumbbell.... sigh.... now my form starts to suck after to many reps with a 15 hence the drop to a 10.... oh well live and learn and keep going... painful reminders are good things sometimes and since my mind is in the right place (for now) its not spinning me mentally, or making me run to my drug (food) - but it does ping the ego a bit... I'd be lying if I said it didn't.....

then the fun came with cardio.... 45minutes (include 5 min ) cooldown... intertwined after 10 minutes in w/light jog was 10 minutes of 30 second sprints/15seconds off, then a decent paced jog for 10 more minutes then another 10 minutes of 30 second sprints/15 seconds off, then cooldown... I was spent and needed my oatmeal... ate, grabbed my shower, then it was off to my massage...

totally could not relax and get real into it... every muscle hurts and she found some I didn't KNOW hurt... and it was NOT deep tissue... but I left feeling loosened up so that was good......

now I can just be lazy... a nap in theory seemed good but I can't seem to fall asleep... so I'll do some laundry and get foods prepped for the next few days..

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow, MG. Cool WO...really! I don't think I'd be lifting any heavier poundages than you if I had such a tiny rest between, so don't be beatin' yourself up.

Like the Flylady says (flylady.net, but she says it about a messy house-same idea tho)...you didn't get out of shape overnight and you won't get back into shape overnight either, so just keep taking baby steps and you'll hit your goals in no time.

Gerb
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I take one HyperDrive each AM on empty, it is pretty brutal. Really any fatburner on empty is pretty brutal. Best OTC one thou IMO, BPi RX6. That stuff will light you on fire! It is so strong I stick to HyperDrive mostly. With food I can handle the RX6 thou.

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I take one HyperDrive each AM on empty, it is pretty brutal. Really any fatburner on empty is pretty brutal. Best OTC one thou IMO, BPi RX6. That stuff will light you on fire! It is so strong I stick to HyperDrive mostly. With food I can handle the RX6 thou.

Good to know...taking notes for when I need a fat burner to rev things up.

stephaniewicked
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I wish I had your determination to get up that early... you're doing awesome though. At that hour of the morning, I'd probably drop the weights on my head! :p

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I wish I had your determination to get up that early... you're doing awesome though. At that hour of the morning, I'd probably drop the weights on my head! :p

Me too! I'd be like :hypno: doing literal skull crushers!

tammyp
01-19-2011, 06:43 AM
im an early bird too. up at 515 training by 615. bed 8 to 830..9 and im living like a rock star~

freebirdmac
01-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know how you early birds do it. I need several meals in my belly before I can do a decent workout. I'm up at 5am, so that's nothing, but the most I'll lift is my spoon of oatmeal or cup of coffee :)

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
I seriously, as much as I should, cannot train with food in my belly... even if eaten an hour before... makes me sick... I've tried oatmeal, shakes, toast, fruit, bars... all of it makes me ill....

Tuesday was to have been legs... but I slept like shit Monday night... doze off 10 min wake up for an hour, doze off for 10min, wake up for an hour...

I made Tuessday, shoulders and cardio..... incline Tmill.. 15% incline and speed varied 3.0-4.0....
but weights came first...

Seated Presses s/s EZ curl front raise (30 seconds rest b/t sets)
8 @ 20 s/s 10 @30
8 @ 20 s/s 10 @ empty bar (form sucked with 30) x 3

DB Lat Raise (30 second b/t sets)
8 @ 10 x4

WG Upright Rows on Smith (30S rest b/t)
10 @ Bar+20 x 4

Plate Front Raise (30S b/t)
20 @ 10 x 4

Bentover Rear Delt Fly (30S b/t)
12 @ 10 x4

Bent 2Arm Lat raise s/s Single Arm Bent Lat Raise (30S Rest)
8 @10 s/s 15 @ 5 x4

sigh.... WEENIE :) but I know what trainer is doing... keeping me moving, keeping HR up cause GF has been a lazy bitch for a year... and now she has LBS to remove from her ass.... so after a year lay off and little rest between sets.... hard to lift heavy..

and I've realized.... i AM an ego lifter... yes I admit it... I get giddy and excited when I can (or could and will again) out lift the boys in the gym.... I hate admiting that cause I don't feel like I am an egotistical person... (others may have a different opinion) - but I've shocked some I've lifted with... but I will let it be what it is for now... when some pounds drop off my lard ass and trainer and I see progress... we will change things up... gonna trust it for now...

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
and Tuesday was another shit sleep night... I might have garnered an hour total.... SO felt like blowing off the gym.... but lard asses (er... champions) don't do that....

sucked it up, was there at 4am... and... did legs.... and cardio....

I'm convinced my body is rebelling.... my eating is so on target its making me wonder who I am and what I've done with the Kim of the last year.... but I think lack of sleep, back to balls to the wall training daily at 4am (later on wknds) after NOTHING for a year... my body is not sure what to think.... scale isn't budging and sleep isn't happening.... but it will... this rebellion will not over take me...it will not win.. I WILL..

but pants that I couldn't dry and be squeezingly comfy in 2 wks ago... I can now dry and wear very comfortably... I can see some pudge from my face is gone.... and boobies are not spilling over top of bra AS much... so eventually... yeah... the scale will cooperate....

BEAST MODE
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm totally the opposite bud...if I don't eat I get super shaky and weak. And I used to have to give my food time to digest before training, but now I can pretty much go straight to the gym because my metabolism is so ridiculous and my body is used to the early training.

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 08:00 AM
thank goodness for drugs.... got home last night, soaked for a good 1/2 hr in an epsom salt bath, took my Ambein, drank my casein shake and by 830ish was in la la land... woke once to go potty then slept straight through till 5am!

Means chest/tris and cardio in the meat market, er... gym... tonight but I needed the sleep... I don't think I would have made it to work without an accident if I'd gone another night without some good sleep....I was falling asleep on the way in yesterday... can't sleep in my bed but put me in the car, turn on the heat, drive me around and I can sleep for hours.. specially after two nights w/o sleep...

ahhh life is good with sleep...

freebirdmac
01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I eat about 2 hours before the gym. I'm a slow metabolizer and understand why people can't train with food in the belly.

Why do you think your sleep is so messed up? CNS growing pains? I'm lucky to get 6 hours of quality sleep a night. Either aches and pains or night sweats (menopause) disturb me. By the weekend I'm ready for some serious sleeping in and naps.

I cannot imagine being out for a year. It's hard enough after two weeks. :eek:

I think we all have egos when it comes to weights :p

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
I guess I shouldn't run it in that I slept 9 1/2 hours last night and again did not want to get up but only did so because I have to get cardio in before work. Weird part is I'm still tired.

IFBBproChristyMerritt
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
So not a morning anything.. My wo's are waaay better in the early evening. I was a swimmer growing up and my coaches would great me at our 5 a.m. practices saying 'there comes our dead fish', lol. Try as I may, never have been and don't suppose I will ever be a morning person.

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Christy, you're in STL? Me too! Are you enjoying this hideous snow that got dumped on us today?

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I eat about 2 hours before the gym. I'm a slow metabolizer and understand why people can't train with food in the belly.

Why do you think your sleep is so messed up? CNS growing pains? I'm lucky to get 6 hours of quality sleep a night. Either aches and pains or night sweats (menopause) disturb me. By the weekend I'm ready for some serious sleeping in and naps.

I cannot imagine being out for a year. It's hard enough after two weeks. :eek:

I think we all have egos when it comes to weights :p

I have sleep issues a lot... training or not... lately (in last 1.5 yrs) its gotten bad enough I sought script help for those times I go more than a couple days without at least 4 solid hours...I keep wondering if I'm nearing menopause.... I'll be 46 in sept... and I know that seems early but I've heard it can be if you've never had children.... so... I deal with it as I can, sometimes it is reverting to drugs....

since I can't find anyone willing to drive me around in the car for 6 hrs :)

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
So not a morning anything.. My wo's are waaay better in the early evening. I was a swimmer growing up and my coaches would great me at our 5 a.m. practices saying 'there comes our dead fish', lol. Try as I may, never have been and don't suppose I will ever be a morning person.

its funny I am NOT a morning person, but my WO's suck at night....go figure...

IFBBproChristyMerritt
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Richwa-Just got done shoveling...so fun! At least I burned some calories, lol.

fitgirltitone
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Richwa-Just got done shoveling...so fun! At least I burned some calories, lol.

I just snow angeled all over my driveway...good nuff... the Sebring aint gonna go anywhere in all this snow, so as much as I dont like to drive the Durango w/ the half naked chick on the side...I will if I gotta go anywhere, LOL

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Where in the city are you ladies? I actually live over in O'Fallon, IL but work in South County. Not much down here, but there's over 6" at home and I heard West County and St. Charles got like 8-12".

fitgirltitone
01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Where in the city are you ladies? I actually live over in O'Fallon, IL but work in South County. Not much down here, but there's over 6" at home and I heard West County and St. Charles got like 8-12".

I'm in South County, yea, I heard WC got the worst of it too. I work for dentist in WC, our office is closed today after a lot of our pt started cancelling their appointments for today yesterday. Its all good to me, rather be home on the couch in my snuggie with my dogs on a day like this...nothin better than a good movie and a fire on a cold day like this...

fitgirltitone
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I have sleep issues a lot... training or not... lately (in last 1.5 yrs) its gotten bad enough I sought script help for those times I go more than a couple days without at least 4 solid hours...I keep wondering if I'm nearing menopause.... I'll be 46 in sept... and I know that seems early but I've heard it can be if you've never had children.... so... I deal with it as I can, sometimes it is reverting to drugs....

Have you tossed around the idea of doing a sleep study to find out why you cant get a good nights sleep? How do you like taking Ambien? Side effects?

freebirdmac
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Girl, perimenopause is prime time for sleep issues. Yes they're hormone related and no, you don't have to wait for menopause to get them. I'm lucky that mine are more related to some night sweats and a 19 year old who's a night owl. If I'd go to bed at 9 instead of 10 I'd be better off.

musclegoddess65
01-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Have you tossed around the idea of doing a sleep study to find out why you cant get a good nights sleep? How do you like taking Ambien? Side effects?

I have tossed around the idea, but I'm sure I'd not sleep during a sleep study because I'd be in a strange place so not sure what good it would do :)

I have personally not noticed any sides from Ambein... I only take it in emergency situations. it gets me to sleep and helps me stay asleep for a good 6 hrs or so.... while that is not GREAT in and of itself, 6 hrs, when you've gone 2 or more days with no real sleep anything is better than nothing.

I've heard the horror stories, sleep eating, sleep walking, yada yada yada... personally have had no issues... and I don't wake up feeling 'hung over' from it

musclegoddess65
01-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Girl, perimenopause is prime time for sleep issues. Yes they're hormone related and no, you don't have to wait for menopause to get them. I'm lucky that mine are more related to some night sweats and a 19 year old who's a night owl. If I'd go to bed at 9 instead of 10 I'd be better off.

I do my best to be in bed every night by 9... when your up at 3:30/3:45 am, most times your fading by 7 or 8 anyhow... but sometimes its just difficult to make 9pm happen...

not having babies so just bring on the menopause I say...

musclegoddess65
01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
ugh... post....lost... damn computer!

tried for nap earlier... sleepy but couldn't sleep... sigh.... so will do some tylenol PM... did my cardio outdoors today and my shoes were NOT a good choice.... they are ok for gym and weight training... not so good for run/walk on pavement.... cushioning is gone....and I'm still feeling Thursday nights chest/tri workout so Tylenol PM will help there too....

gonna chow on some chicken/b.rice or maybe a shake... depends on what hits my taste buds by the time I get downstairs...then watch Despicable Me again... just LOVE this movie....

then 3 little kittens came around... and turned his whole world upside down!

freebirdmac
01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
3 little kittens? Do tell!

I live with 4 cats and a rabbit :)

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
3 little kittens? Do tell!

I live with 4 cats and a rabbit :)

Have you seen the movie Despicable Me yet? if not, rent it... you'll love it.... I got it for Christmas and I've watched it enough times I can quote from the movie... but for me its one of those movies I will never grow tired of....

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Sunday is supposed to be my day off from training... but what the hell... I hopped on the elliptical at home anyhow - why not? Killed some time while I waited for my Irish Oats to cook...

they are some yummy goodness but take to long during the week... so I cooked up a batch and portioned them out for the week into nice 1/2 cup servings... now time to cook up chicken for the week.... my life is just so exciting I can hardly stand it...

stephaniewicked
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Have you seen the movie Despicable Me yet? if not, rent it... you'll love it.... I got it for Christmas and I've watched it enough times I can quote from the movie... but for me its one of those movies I will never grow tired of....

I second this! I only watched it once since I got it... but totally cute!

freebirdmac
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM

No I haven't! Added it to my Netflix queue :)

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
freebird you're going to want to purchase it once you watch it...

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
my tummy isn't doing so great... not feeling sick to my stomach but haven't been able to be to far from the potty... was fine earlier but all the sudden.... something just isn't sitting right.... hoping this isn't the start of some crude... got no time for that mess...

stephaniewicked
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Oh no! That doesn't sound so good... Feel better!

How did the irish oats come out? I've never heard of them... is it like steel cut oats?

Sunnyday
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
my tummy isn't doing so great... not feeling sick to my stomach but haven't been able to be to far from the potty... was fine earlier but all the sudden.... something just isn't sitting right.... hoping this isn't the start of some crude... got no time for that mess...

Uh oh...hope it doesn't get worse. Hope you feel better. :flowers:

freebirdmac
01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I hope it's just a fleeting issue. No pun intended :)

I eat McCann's Irish oatmeal. It's not steel cut so I cook it in the microwave like instant oatmeal. Much better than Quaker.

Gerb
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
No getting sick!

stephaniewicked
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey mama! I know you're working hard... what's new? Hope you had a nice weekend!!

musclegoddess65
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks girl... just not much time left in my day to post... but I need to make an effort.... but ALL is really going well... I know I look in the mirror and see where I need to go, and sometimes forget to be happy about getting there... and I know that comes from being where I was in June2009, and adding 50 fat ass pounds to my self since Sept09, AGAIN... but it could have been worse... I could have gotten back to my all time heaviest of 215....

so in spite of still having a ways to go... I wear my tanks to the gym because EVEN under my layer of fluff... I see the caps in my shoulders, I see my biceps, I see my tri's, and I even faintly saw some quad.... Come Jr USA's I won't be contest worthy (and hell right now could careless if I ever compete again) but I WILL look like I belong in that crowd...

this time is about learning balance, learning to deal with my food issues, learning to let go of a bad decision and realize that SOME good came of it... and maybe... just maybe a fall contest could be possible....

freebirdmac
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I finally saw Despicable Me! It was a really cute movie. My daughter enjoyed it too. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Gerb
02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks girl... just not much time left in my day to post... but I need to make an effort.... but ALL is really going well... I know I look in the mirror and see where I need to go, and sometimes forget to be happy about getting there... and I know that comes from being where I was in June2009, and adding 50 fat ass pounds to my self since Sept09, AGAIN... but it could have been worse... I could have gotten back to my all time heaviest of 215....

so in spite of still having a ways to go... I wear my tanks to the gym because EVEN under my layer of fluff... I see the caps in my shoulders, I see my biceps, I see my tri's, and I even faintly saw some quad.... Come Jr USA's I won't be contest worthy (and hell right now could careless if I ever compete again) but I WILL look like I belong in that crowd...

this time is about learning balance, learning to deal with my food issues, learning to let go of a bad decision and realize that SOME good came of it... and maybe... just maybe a fall contest could be possible....

sounds like you got things headed in the right direction, you know you have the RX support regardless what you decide on competing! Keep up the great work Kim, I wake up some morning and think, why am I doing cardio when I am not actually prepping then I get on facebook and I am like "oh damn, Kim is already done with weights and cardio!" :)

musclegoddess65
02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
I have had to realize Steve... I'm ALL or NOTHING... so either I'm going at it full force or nothing... I didn't like the result of nothing.... and while getting up at 330am SUCKS in a big way.... and means being in bed at 9pm and having no life M-F... I'm ok with it - not like I'm dating, married, or have kids.... and if it means I do this for the rest of my life... I'm ok with that too... trust me the results of wallowing in pity are FAR FAR worse....

BEAST MODE
02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
I have had to realize Steve... I'm ALL or NOTHING... so either I'm going at it full force or nothing... I didn't like the result of nothing.... and while getting up at 330am SUCKS in a big way.... and means being in bed at 9pm and having no life M-F... I'm ok with it - not like I'm dating, married, or have kids.... and if it means I do this for the rest of my life... I'm ok with that too... trust me the results of wallowing in pity are FAR FAR worse....

Truth! I much prefer to wake up, look in the mirror, and see veins, separation, a tiny waist, and abs w/ deep cuts than to wake up and immediately throw a shirt on so I don't look at myself in the mirror.

musclegoddess65
02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
today was shoulders and abs - and i'm a feeling the shoulders now...

Seated DB shoulder Press s/s EZ curlbar front raise
DB Side Lat Raise
WG upright row on Smith Machine
Rear Delts on Machine (I can hit them better then w/DB's, I get no pause at top with DB's and even at a silly light weight, these bother my lower back, so machine FTW)
Bent Arm Side Raises s/s Single Bent Arm Side Raise

Targeted abs from all angles (felt like the bucket a time or two) then finished off with 40 minutes on Elliptical....

I don't know how elliptical distance relates to treadmill distance but i had 4 miles down in just under 40 minutes... random setting, level 10, sweated my arse off, my socks were even damp and had a small puddle to clean up around the machine...

LisaRD23
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I allways wonder about the same thing on the elliptical. The pace of 6 is not the same as 6 on the treadmill.

Oh well...one or cardio's mysteries. Good thing to break your head about while trying to get through finishing it! Ha, Ha:)

stephaniewicked
02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Love your attitude Kim! I hope I can find that healthy balance again once my shows are over. I'm feeling great now. I don't even feel like I'm dieting yet, so I should be able to maintain my current weight with no problems!

I bet you're gonna look awesome in May!! Oh, how I can't wait! :)

Sunnyday
02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Ya, great attitude, Kim! Keep heading in that direction and you can't help but end up with a killer bod to match! ;)

freebirdmac
03-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Where did Kim go? :(

Sunnyday
03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Ya...?

GirlyMuscle
05-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Kim is killing it every day. She's lost almost 40 pounds since Jan. Almost to her goal. Looking fabulous, too. I believe she's doing photo shoots at JR Nats so y'all will get to see soon enough.

stephaniewicked
05-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Yeah, where's she been? Kimmmm... less than 3 weeks, lady! Can't wait to meet ya!!! :hmn: Congrats on the weight loss - you've been killing it!!

freebirdmac
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Can't wait to see the picts! Guess she just wanted to hunker down. Sure sounds like she was highly successful :)

musclegoddess65
05-20-2011, 04:22 PM
awww... love y'all.... and Erin I love you the bestest... thanks for keeping peeps posted....

yes I have been killing it, or, well, somedays it feels like I've been killing me... and I guess in some ways I've killed 37lbs.... Jan 10th my scale was dangerously close to my high.. my highest was 215 in Jan2002... but Jan2011 I was 197.8... and I can guarantee sometime in 2010 and prior to Jan2011 I was at 200, but there was a period of time I STOPPED facing the scale reality....

Today I am 160.8.... and I've been dicking around because I should be well into the 150's by now.... but I plan on busting my own ass between now and Jr Nationals... not competing but hoping to set up some photo shoots.....

and because, well I just don't have enough on my plate... I've decided I am going to run a 1/2 marathon on Oct 1.... (hhhmmm who's bday is that??? why GirlyMuscles) now I am not a typical runner... hell even at 140some lbs I am built like a linebacker (a lean one but still) broad shoulders, wide back, narrow waist... yes I am shaped like a BBer.... but I've had this secret desire to run a 1/2 marathon, and I'm going to do it... while raising money for Team in Training - so for those that care to and can... I would appreciate your donations... for those that can't, I understand and would appreciate your prayers....

I'll try and check in more often... and hopefully get you some updated pictures, just can't get to Facebook right now...

musclegoddess65
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Hello Family and Friends:

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team in Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

I am embarking on a journey I’ve never been on before. For those of you that know me well, you know I am not a runner. In fact you may be scratching your heads wondering “what is she doing”. J Fear not, I promise I’ve not fallen off the deep end. I will be training with the Charleston, South Carolina Chapter of Team in Training to run a ˝ marathon on October 1, 2011. For my non-runner friends and family, that is 13.1 miles. If you still can’t picture that in your head, next time you’re in your car, reset your trip odometer and then remember I’ll be doing that on my feet!

The funds raised will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team in Training will help bring them hope, support, and closer to a cure!

This cause is near to my heart. A childhood friend of mine, Kimberly Sue Ferrell, lost her battle with leukemia at the age of 12. As an adult you know death is a part of life, but that is a little harder to grasp at 12 years old and losing your best friend. I know the Lord’s plans are higher than mine or any of ours and I know He’s had a wonderful angel in his midst in Kim…. But I’d like to think that if we’d had the research and medicines then that we do now, perhaps Kim might still be with us. She was such a bright and beautiful young lady and truly, except for the outward signs, you’d never have known this young person was dealing with such a terrible blood cancer.

While I’d love to make a request to each one of you individually, that would be a daunting task! I have a lot of money to raise and a short amount of time in which to do so. I hope that you will forgive a mass mailing for those reasons. I have a personal goal to raise $3000.00 and I can’t do this without the help of my family and friends. Would you please consider visiting my personal fund raising webpage at:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sc/diswine11/kbotdorf (http://pages.teamintraining.org/sc/diswine11/kbotdorf)

and making your donation for this worth-while cause? Please be sure to check my webpage often as I will keep it updated along the way with my training and how it’s going.

My deepest appreciation for your prayers and support!

Thank you,
Kim Botdorf

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.

Sunnyday
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Heeeeyyy Kim! Glad to have you back here and congrats on killing it! I trained for a half marathon (don't like to run around crowds, prefer the solitude) back in '04. Half is a nice length to go without losing toenails and such. Please keep us posted!

musclegoddess65
05-21-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1727237020674.2082794.1230881771&l=5016dd5f05

musclegoddess65
05-21-2011, 03:54 PM
today... I hit the 150's @159.4:yep:

musclegoddess65
05-21-2011, 03:58 PM
one picture is summer of 2010, the other was taken today, May 21, 2011

BEAST MODE
05-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I honestly wouldn't have recognized you (except for the hair) in the first pic! Nice job getting back in shape!

musclegoddess65
05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
I honestly wouldn't have recognized you (except for the hair) in the first pic! Nice job getting back in shape!

hehehehe... don't feel bad... I don't recognize me either ;)

musclegoddess65
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
‎'Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.

yDEaEHS8HZU

some video shot while in IL over Memorial Day Wknd

musclegoddess65
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
sadly... financially... unless I find a stash of money... it is NOT looking like I will be back in Mid-West during Jr Nationals.....

Bad side = missing nieces graduation, Jr Nationals, Photo Shoots, spending time with brother/family

Good side = saved $$, saved vacation days

sometimes life hands you lemons and you just gotta make lemonade (sugar free of course)

katt981
05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
great photos! I wouldn't have recognized you either... you must feel fantastic!!!

Sunnyday
05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Congrats on hitting the 150s, girl!

GirlyMuscle
06-01-2011, 10:26 AM
So I have an unused airline ticket. (worth $270) Let's plan a vacation together.

musclegoddess65
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
great photos! I wouldn't have recognized you either... you must feel fantastic!!!

I do.... I've been a yo yo with my weight for what seems like forever... since the age of 18.... I'm just hoping I've learned some different skills this time in keeping it off!:yep:

musclegoddess65
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Congrats on hitting the 150s, girl!

thank you love.... 4 days away baby!!!! you must be SUPER excited.....

musclegoddess65
06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
So I have an unused airline ticket. (worth $270) Let's plan a vacation together.

Erin as soon as I win this BC challenge and $10,000 the world is our oyster! :yep:

it is balls to the wall for June, 2 a days, whatever I gotta do, to ensure being the winner.... Final weight verification June 28th.... all photos, essay, etc must be rec'd by July 1 - I am a top contender as % of starting weight goes!

Sunnyday
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM
thank you love.... 4 days away baby!!!! you must be SUPER excited.....

Uh huh! Now 3 days out. It all seems to be coming together. :yep:

Sunnyday
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Erin as soon as I win this BC challenge and $10,000 the world is our oyster! :yep:

it is balls to the wall for June, 2 a days, whatever I gotta do, to ensure being the winner.... Final weight verification June 28th.... all photos, essay, etc must be rec'd by July 1 - I am a top contender as % of starting weight goes!

Go get it, girl! :flowers: It is yours!

musclegoddess65
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Go get it, girl! :flowers: It is yours!

I sure hope so... I could use it..... :)

musclegoddess65
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
why is it going out of town and coming back just toss you off pace.... I managed, for the most part, to keep my running going while in IL... and it was damn cold...

but that hour difference in time, holiday weekend, airport delays.... I'm just having trouble draggin my ass outta da bed at the normal (well for me)330am.... I had some disgusting dream that woke me this morning.... thankfully so gross I couldn't go back to sleep....

so hit PF at 3:50am... killed some biceps, then hit the dreadmill at 15% incline for 45minutes....looked like i wet myself when I was done... tonight I seriously need to go run... its about 95 with some humidity... will envision the sweat falling off me as fat!

GirlyMuscle
06-03-2011, 02:10 AM
why is it going out of town and coming back just toss you off pace.... I managed, for the most part, to keep my running going while in IL... and it was damn cold...

but that hour difference in time, holiday weekend, airport delays.... I'm just having trouble draggin my ass outta da bed at the normal (well for me)330am.... I had some disgusting dream that woke me this morning.... thankfully so gross I couldn't go back to sleep....

so hit PF at 3:50am... killed some biceps, then hit the dreadmill at 15% incline for 45minutes....looked like i wet myself when I was done... tonight I seriously need to go run... its about 95 with some humidity... will envision the sweat falling off me as fat!
I used to do that!

stephaniewicked
06-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Visualization is a strong technique, or so I'm told... think lean!! ;)

musclegoddess65
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Visualization is a strong technique, or so I'm told... think lean!! ;)

and speaking of lean... WOWZA on that avatar lady! :yep:

musclegoddess65
06-04-2011, 08:56 AM
UGH... I am over the top PISSED OFF.... my roommate decides to dog sit for some friends... ok no issues I'm an animal lover, just personally don't have the time, nor money to afford care of my own pet right now.... but she volunteers to watch this dog and then just expects everyone else to care for him....

sends me a text the other day.. are you going home after work... mmm no I have some errands to run then I need to hit the gym again, likely won't be home till 7 or after... ok fine I will get other roommate to let dog out.. uh hello YOU volunteered to watch said dog, you go home and let him out...

come home last night and this dog is spastic.... I open the door and he bolts out at 10pm between my feet... now I am F'n chasing this dog down to get him back inside, finally at 10 freaking 30pm I catch him.... get to bed trying to get sleep as I needed to be up at 530/545 to get to my team in training run.... this flipping dog whines

ALL NIGHT LONG... I mean seriously all night.... so I am running on about maybe 2 hrs of sleep... I am so F'n sick and tired of roommates.... right now I'd rather live in a run down rat infested hole in the wall!

to add insult to injury... 99.9% of the time when she washes or drys clothes.. they never get finished... so 99.9% of the time when I need to do laundry her stuff is either in the washer/dryer or both... so I take the time to fold her stuff so as to not wrinkle it.... and put other stuff in dryer so I can do laundry.... so after little sleep I remembered oh shoot I have my laundry to finish.... well apparently princess did too... my stuff that was in dryer is now just wadded up on a basket and my stuff that was in washer is on top of it... REALLY??? SERIOUSLY????

90% of the time she is a great roommate and I know i'm just tired and venting and pissed... but seriously.... maybe I just need to start being more rude or something I dunno....I do now that right now I need to go to the gym and get some attitude adjustment before I harm someone LOL.....

musclegoddess65
06-04-2011, 12:44 PM
ok... feeling better now... went to the gym... pounded shoulders and then gutted it out on the arc trainer.... came home had a shake and some steel cut oats w/a little maple syrup... ahhhhh life is good

freebirdmac
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry about the confusion in Sunny's journal! My mind has apparently taken a hiatus :emb:

Yeesh. Roomies. I hope to hell I never have roomies again. I could not deal with that crap.

musclegoddess65
06-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Sorry about the confusion in Sunny's journal! My mind has apparently taken a hiatus :emb:

Yeesh. Roomies. I hope to hell I never have roomies again. I could not deal with that crap.

hehehehehe.... no worries... I wish I could be there!

musclegoddess65
06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
didn't realize how much I did with shoulders until I tried to pull a sport bra over my head today and shampoo my hair... where's a good massage when ya need one?

no weights today.... 2.75mile run... it seems like its gonna be forever till I get to 13.1 but the run isn't till October 1.... it was freaky hot n sticky already at 7am... note to self.. run before sun comes up or after it goes down or suck it up on the treadmill... filled my water bottle for my pack with ice, within 10minutes it was water, cold, but that didn't last long either.... but good acclimation because hell on Oct1 even at 10pm race start... it could still be nasty hot in Florida...

now its 8:38pm and time for bed so I can get up at 330am... gotta figure out how to incorporate leg day with run training...

GirlyMuscle
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Your race starts at 10pm?

stephaniewicked
06-06-2011, 05:26 AM
The humidity in Florida is brutal... that's why I could never live anywhere south of NJ. I'd probably melt like the freakin' wicked witch of the of the west haha.

I was thinking the same thing... 10pm race start? That seems odd, no? I would think it would start somewhere between 6-10am. :dunno:

musclegoddess65
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
yes it is a 10pm race start, a run thru Disney Theme parks with bands/characters at every mile, and a wine n dine party afterwards! WOO HOO!

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

This is the 1/2 marathon I am doing to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society... in my signature is the link to my fund raising web page... if you or if you know anyone that would care to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. I am doing this in honor of a childhood friend Kimberly Sue Ferrell who at the age of 11 lost her battle with Leukemia... she was a lover and collector of mice as I am pigs so doing this in honor of her and at Disney, home of the most famous mouse is so fitting....

Steph I can take heat and humidity over cold and snow any day.... bring it on!

musclegoddess65
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Start at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex running down Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park. Make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and head toward Disney's Hollywood Studios™. You will enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, then through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! for your big debut! Race through the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the idyllic village of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you to a finish just outside of Epcot®!

musclegoddess65
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
its funny... I have never been in the Sears Tower in Chicago until I did the Sears Stair Climb.... and I've never been to Disney but I will now but doing a 1/2 marathon... interesting :-)

Sunnyday
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey, if it gets you to see things you wouldn't see any other way, then I think that's ultra-cool!

What is the course like, is it mostly flat or are there hills?

musclegoddess65
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey, if it gets you to see things you wouldn't see any other way, then I think that's ultra-cool!

What is the course like, is it mostly flat or are there hills?

its thru Disney theme parks in Florida... so I'm going to assume mostly flat, I highly doubt anything that I'd consider a hill.... maybe some minimal upgrades, but likely nothing to consider a hill... but being built like a lifter and not a runner, makes the whole 13.1 seem like a hill :hypno:

Sunnyday
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Try not to run on your quads til the end if you can help it. Don't want to wear out the large muscle group til the end. If you do encounter a little hill (and/or at the end), lean forward a bit to shift your cog then run on your quads not your calves. Being a lifter your quads will carry you through. ;)

musclegoddess65
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Try not to run on your quads til the end if you can help it. Don't want to wear out the large muscle group til the end. If you do encounter a little hill (and/or at the end), lean forward a bit to shift your cog then run on your quads not your calves. Being a lifter your quads will carry you through. ;)

and man if that pizza looked like that would be at the end... it would all be golden... i looked at the map of the course and it looks like a blast...

GirlyMuscle
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe this should be how I use that unused airline ticket. In Disney, watching you run and partying for a couple of days in Florida!

Besides, the race is on my birthday. :)