PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Universe Jim Cordova (WNBF)

MITM
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
girKBv356nU

What do you guys think of this Pro Mr. Universe & Mr. America? He's a Team Muscletech endorsed athlete and he's been on the cover of Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness Magazine countless times. He competes at 180lbs and always comes in dry and hard.

Jim is doing a Q&A with my site, which he claims will be the one of the most controversial interviews in natural bodybuilding history! I'm wondering how the members of the RxM boards assess his physique?

AVBG
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Awesome physique that looks a lot larger than his weight

Rsardinia
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Looks great but Whitacre looked better at the Worlds imo.

MITM
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Looks great but Whitacre looked better at the Worlds imo.

Any chance you could put up some pics? :flowers:

bhman6
12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
when is the interview going up?

MITM
12-04-2010, 02:41 AM
when is the interview going up?

Jim facebook messaged me two days ago and told us to be patient - he says it will be one of the most controversial interviews in natural bodybuilding. Some of the questions I posed (I must admit), I never thought a star of his caliber in the industry would even look at.

Jude2
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
HE has some of the best size and shape for a natural BB.

MITM
12-05-2010, 01:31 AM
He's also one of the most photographed natties in the business -- kinda like the Shawn Ray of natural bodybuilding. lol :)
Another natty that get a lot of press is Layne Norton.

I think it would be great to see all the top natties posing off on stage... Layne Norton, Jim Cordova, Rodney Helaire, Kiyoshi Moody - not even for prizes or to pick "the best," but simply to just appreciate all the natural muscle and see just how far the card can be pushed w/o PED's.

the mighty stu
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
JIm's also got to be one of the nicest, and most humble pros I've ever met. He was actually the impetus that made me consider competing in the first place (met him at a seminar and he couldn't believe I had never competed,.. nice compliment!). Aside from also being very very knowledgeable about training, the guy busts his ass no doubt.

One thing that will always stick out to me, and this is just about his character, was his reaction just after he lost the World's to Brandon Greenwood a couple of years back. I sat down next to him in the audience (he apparently came out to watch the rest of the show after not winning his class), and asked how he was doing. His response? Not a single excuse, no derogatory words, nothing. all he said was "Brandon looked great tonight". That to me is class.

Also, Jim doesn't compete at 180 lbs. He's 5'7, usually competes around 160-165, although he weighed 154 in his last Universe win, so for all the haters who think he's juiced,... think about those stats and realize just how good his shape and conditioning really are on game day.

S

Rsardinia
12-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Any chance you could put up some pics? :flowers:

Here's a thread w/ some videos of him. There's some photos floating around on the contest prep section there but I am too lazy to look em up.

Brian Whitacre posing video's, WNBF lightweight World Champion 2010 - Bodybuilding.com Forums

raylove
12-11-2010, 12:09 AM
He's also one of the most photographed natties in the business -- kinda like the Shawn Ray of natural bodybuilding. lol :)
Another natty that get a lot of press is Layne Norton.

I think it would be great to see all the top natties posing off on stage... Layne Norton, Jim Cordova, Rodney Helaire, Kiyoshi Moody - not even for prizes or to pick "the best," but simply to just appreciate all the natural muscle and see just how far the card can be pushed w/o PED's.

You're definitely right, there is no way Martin Daniels, Dave Goodin or even Tim Martin could ever compare to those "top naturals" and be in that group.......

the mighty stu
12-13-2010, 09:47 PM
You're definitely right, there is no way Martin Daniels, Dave Goodin or even Tim Martin could ever compare to those "top naturals" and be in that group.......

Yeah, definitely missing some seriously 'top naturals' in your list.

S

5thAveGym
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Jim facebook messaged me two days ago and told us to be patient - he says it will be one of the most controversial interviews in natural bodybuilding. Some of the questions I posed (I must admit), I never thought a star of his caliber in the industry would even look at.

Christian...any word on the Cordova interview? are you still going to publish it? what is the website that it is going to be on?

all the best,

5th Ave gym Brooklyn

ygbodybuilder10
01-16-2011, 04:23 AM
jim is a beast

ygbodybuilder10
01-16-2011, 04:40 AM
and also jim doesnt compete at 180, its more like 165 170

adamrochester
01-17-2011, 05:00 AM
jim is ridiculous nough said man !