PDA

View Full Version : No Bull Truth about Keto Diets on new cover

Diggy
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Written by The dude with no Bass in his voice aka fievel mousekewitz

I saw this on the front cover with Victor at Walmart today

I skimmed through it to see what it was about.

Had pros and cons of the diets...off course muscle loss being a con and its not good for bodybuilders

Imagine what the next few months will look like

becks
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
You can find science to back up any theory, especially as it does not pertain to bodybuilders.

Alex Thunholm
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I believe all diets work, but not for everybody. Like me who don't look so nice or get lean with carbs. For me only keto works. It's a shame how the world has declared war on ketogenic diets just because dave got the boot from MD. But it also shows how much power and knowledge dave has on ketogenic diets... And since he has the results to back it up with, all the "pro carb diet" writings will come to a stop soon :)

tommigunzzz
02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
At least cnn reports are going in the right direction....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/09/irpt.6pack.diet/index.html

ZacharyKane
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
If MD is going to be taking an umbrella approach to no-carb diets not working and being bad for bodybuilders, they are going to lose a huge portion of their reader base

buster12
02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
the truth is wether it's keto, or carb cycling, the diets are still hard. The upside to keto is that you actually crave food you can eat(fats). I think that one thing that makes keto a little easier.

Yolo
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
the truth is wether it's keto, or carb cycling, the diets are still hard. The upside to keto is that you actually crave food you can eat(fats). I think that one thing that makes keto a little easier.

Agreed.

ZacharyKane
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM

I agree that keto is better...I've tried carb cycling, low carbs, and keto, and I feel better by far on a keto diet. It's definitely not for everyone out there, but saying that it doesn't work at all is just ignorant.

gymrat9929
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
here is me after 12 weeks keto ...

best ive ever felt dieting

AVBG
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM

Looked good man, which show was that?

DECABEATZ
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Keto works! The proof is in the results of people under dave's wing.

buster12
02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
One more thing!: I cant stress this enough...
" Theres a big difference between competitors who do the Keto diet under Dave's watch, and the ones who do it without Dave.

fitQuest
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
They will use Wolf as the poster boy for why keto fails.. even though Wolf DID NOT DO A KETO DIET!

Most people who THINK they are doing keto are really just doing ZERO CARB AND ZERO FAT.. So obviously they are bound to fail HARD, because that is NOT EVEN KETO!

STEELERJ-XL
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM

I aggree.

STEELERJ-XL
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I agree that keto is better...I've tried carb cycling, low carbs, and keto, and I feel better by far on a keto diet. It's definitely not for everyone out there, but saying that it doesn't work at all is just ignorant.

Bro I used to weigh 300 FAT POUNDS 8 years ago and I went on the atkins diet and lost about 70 pounds in a year. I dont know how to cycle carbs but I know how to not eat them. Daves diet is the easiest diet for me and I feel great and thats all that matters.

Honour
02-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Looking great, well done:).

buster12
02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Also, just to continue my rant!, I hate when people say that they hate keto because they like to improve toward a contest. Improve!? Really? I guess you didnt hav an offseason then. I have to call these people out. The theory behind hitting two birds with one stone appears wise. The only problem is, that You usually miss them both when you throw the stone. The only thing I beleive you can improve toward a show is your poses, and pehaps glutes and hams. I see so many people make this mistake because they think they are losing muscle, when in reality they just have less muscle than they thought. Its very rare to see people make improvement while dieting for a show. The only person Ive seen contradict this is charles glass, and pehaps toney freeman. my rant is done.

STEELERJ-XL
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Levrone used to diet up for contest and then get smaller after. Dave said in one of his blechman battles the same thing you said buster" Most people have less muscle than they think when the fat comes off they think they lost muscle "That comment made me feel better about the diet itself.

buster12
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Levrone used to diet up for contest and then get smaller after. Dave said in one of his blechman battles the same thing you said buster" Most people have less muscle than they think when the fat comes off they think they lost muscle "That comment made me feel better about the diet itself.
This is the advantage of having a guru. They do the thinking for you. The guru isnt dieting, so he can think straight without becoming an angry , emotional mess. Because by definition , a bodybuilder dieting is emotionally unstable. ;)

Caddan
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I believe all diets work, but not for everybody. Like me who don't look so nice or get lean with carbs. For me only keto works. It's a shame how the world has declared war on ketogenic diets just because dave got the boot from MD. But it also shows how much power and knowledge dave has on ketogenic diets... And since he has the results to back it up with, all the "pro carb diet" writings will come to a stop soon :)

Word!
:)

lartinos
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Good, it will alienate all their intelligent readers and they'll go wherever Dave and John Go.

Viking
02-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I can has Keto?

"BB2K"
02-11-2009, 06:08 PM

A perfect example! I believe Keto is the only way to go, but not for everyone sadly. Keto works well with my body but I do have to carb load every 18th to 24th meal. So by doing Daves diet then having my cheat meal once every 18th to 24th meal it works perfectly for me.

buster12
02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
A perfect example! I believe Keto is the only way to go, but not for everyone sadly. Keto works well with my body but I do have to carb load every 18th to 24th meal. So by doing Daves diet then having my cheat meal once every 18th to 24th meal it works perfectly for me.
exactly. I love the cheat meal. I would look so good the day after.lol