PDA

View Full Version : Tryin' 2 be accountable journal

LisaRD23
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
So- after an unplanned 3 week hiatus from the gym I figured maybe I'd try keeping a training journal. I've kept journals in the past- but laziness allways creeps upon me and I forget to update:)

Anyway- I have no competion plans for 2011 so this journal is more for accountability and hopefully support as I "do it for me".

Last week I got back to the gym and started off just going through the motions and trying to get back into to groove of things.

This week....I'm back!!

Monday- 12/7 Leg Day

Hubby and I worked out together last night since "the guys" were running late. Anyway...

Squats-
Warm up 1x12- body weigh, 1x12 bar, 1x12 @50lbs (just counting plate weight)
1x5- 90lbs
1x5- 95lbs
1x5- 100lbs
1x5- 110lbs

Lying Leg Curls- singles
1x5- 25lbs
1x5- 30lbs
1x5- 30lbs
1x5- 35lbs

Lunges- 2x20 10lbs Db's

Seated Calves- 1x25- 10lbs, 1x20- 15lbs, 1x15- 20lbs, 1x10- 25lbs, 1x50- 5lbs

Tuesday 12/7

I was planning on getting my cardio done this morning but I was up late last night studying for a final I have tonight. Hopefully if I'm feeling good I'll get it done afterwards.

stephaniewicked
12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
You know I'm totally IN for this! So glad you decided to start journaling here too!

LisaRD23
12-07-2010, 10:16 AM
You know I'm totally IN for this! So glad you decided to start journaling here too!

Well, I'm so all over place so I figured why not:)

Sunnyday
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Tagging along...

tammyp
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
good for you lisa!!!

LisaRD23
12-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Cool I have my first visitors:) Thanks for stopping in ladies!!

Well I didn't make it to the gym for cardio last night- I didn't get out of class untill almost 9:00. But the good news is that I passed my final & the course!!! Pressure is not off yet though- I sit for a National Exam in 2- weeks.

I have been taking a 12 week Human Resources Management course at Fairleigh Dickinson University as a preperation for my PHR Certification through SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management). With the certification I will be considered a "Proffesional" in my field and I can put "PHR" after my name.

I'm scheduled for that exman on Monday Dec. 20th- It's a 4 hour test:confused:

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I detest those day-long, brain-frying tests!

Is it the kind you can actually study for, or is it the you-either-know-it-or-you-don't kind?

LisaRD23
12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
You can study for it- but knowing the material is not enough- you have to be able to actually apply the material to situations. I am going to resume studying tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've been out of the gym the past 2 days and will probally miss today too. I wasn't feeling to well Wed. evening when I left work, felt a cold coming on. Heachache, chills, burning eyes, etc... So I went straight home after work. I ended up barely sleeping the whole night, had a fever and a nasty dry cough. I stood home from work yesterday and pretty much just made a dent in my couch.

My day consisted of whatching: I Love You Man, The Whole 10 Yards, Return To The Blue Lagoon, Bully Beatdown, Everybody Loves Raymond & King of Queens untill about 10pm and I went to bed. What a day...

Back at work today in body but NOT in mind!!

partsRheavy
12-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Hope you'll be over that cold before that National Exam!!

Only healthy job applicants need apply wink wink!! :yep:

LisaRD23
12-13-2010, 10:13 AM
So I took the rest of the weekend to rest & study (and eat crap).

Saturday I studied untill about 7pm then we went out for Mexican and I felt like a glutton pig princess. Sunday we went to church in the morning then stopped at Red Robin on the way home for lunch, studied untill about 6pm- dinner was Olive Garden to go.

Today- time to cut the crap and get with the program.

GirlyMuscle
12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm doing the same thing. Trying to be accountable until contest prep starts. Today is my cut the crap and get with the program day, too. I had enough post comp partying to last me until the next post comp party.

tammyp
12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
i want prep to start now...! i need the structure of it agian,,,

LisaRD23
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I think come January I am going to get myself in the "prep" state of mind even though I don't have plans to compete. I am staying about 80% structred right now, but I want to try to keep rigid and not get too relaxed.

I did make it into the gym last night, thankfully. But I am freakin' exhausted. I left work late, then went home to study. I have studying tonight, then tomorrow I have Board meeting untill about 9pm so unless I some how muster up the energy to wake up at dawn- no gym tomorrow. Then Thursday is the dam Holiday Party for work, that usually goes on untill about 10pm

Enough complaining...

hit legs last night. I am rotating my weeks between hard & heavy and higher reps.

Leg press- 4 sets of 20- 90lbs (just counting plates)
SLDLs- 4 sets of 20- 45lb bar +20,15,15,10
Extensions- 4 sets of 20- 35lbs
Lunges- 2 sets of 20 w/ 10lb dumbells

Seated Calves- 1x25- 10lbs, 1x20- 15lbs, 1x15- 20lbs, 1x10- 25lbs, 1x50- 5lbs

LisaRD23
12-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Last night shoulders...

DB Press- 12x 20lbs, 10x 25lbs, 8x 30lbs, 8x 30lbs
Reverse Pec dec- 12 x20lbs, 10 x25lbs, 8 x30lbs, 6 x 35lbs
DB Front Raise- 12x 10lbs, 12x 10lbs, 10x 15lbs, 10x 15lbs
Lateral Raise-12x 10lbs, 12x 10lbs, 10x 15lbs, 10x 15lbs

Ball crunches- 3x20

Wanted to get cardio in but I had to get some to study. I'll be out of the gym untill Friday- which sucks- but I'm focusing on at least keeping by diet tight untill I can work the cardio back in and get back to a normal routine.

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Last night shoulders...

DB Press- 12x 20lbs, 10x 25lbs, 8x 30lbs, 8x 30lbs
Reverse Pec dec- 12 x20lbs, 10 x25lbs, 8 x30lbs, 6 x 35lbs
DB Front Raise- 12x 10lbs, 12x 10lbs, 10x 15lbs, 10x 15lbs
Lateral Raise-12x 10lbs, 12x 10lbs, 10x 15lbs, 10x 15lbs

Ball crunches- 3x20

Wanted to get cardio in but I had to get some to study. I'll be out of the gym untill Friday- which sucks- but I'm focusing on at least keeping by diet tight untill I can work the cardio back in and get back to a normal routine.

Awesome! keep it up!

stephaniewicked
12-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey girl... checking in! This time of year always seems to be screwed up for me gym-wise too, so try not to get too beat up. What are you guys doing for the holidays?

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey girl... checking in! This time of year always seems to be screwed up for me gym-wise too, so try not to get too beat up. What are you guys doing for the holidays?

"This time of year always seems to be screwed up for me gym-wise too"
x2

LisaRD23
12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
The past 6 weeks have been screwed up for me!!

1st week of November I took a planned week off

2nd week I had scar revision done, which ended up being more abbrassive than expected, plus my incisions got infected so that put me out of the gym for another 2 weeks

After that I went back to the gym for about 2 days and got sick- I tried going back to the gym but I hadn't fully recovered from being sick so I rebounded and lost another week.

The past 2 weeks I've been consumed with studying for my Cert exam- plus this is a crazy time of year for me at work.

Last week I only made it into the gym 2x....UGH!!! I feel like a wreck!!

LisaRD23
12-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Been on a roll so far this week.:) I took Monday off from the gym b/c I was just so mentally exhausted after my exam... which I PASSED BTW!!!

Got back in there Tuesday and I've been "on".

Tuesday- Legs
Wednesday- Shoulds & 20min Cardio Intervals on elliptical
Thursday- Back/Bis & 20min Cardio Intervals in Stepper

I'll be working untill about noon today and will be racing to the gym before they close early for the Holiday to get Chest & tris done.

I'm having Christmas Day at my house. My dad, brother, sister, mother in law, sister in law and brother in law will all be comming over by like 3:00 or so. Tonight I'm going to start preparing the food so I won't be stuck in the kitchen all day Saturday.

My Christmas Menu:
Lasagna
Salmon w/ black beans & Salsa
Garlic Shrip
Yuca bread
Yellow rice & Vegtables
Pasteles
Banana cream pie
Chocolate upside down cake
and of course, no Puerto Rican Holiday can be with out Coquito!! (coconut rum drink)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

musclegoddess65
12-24-2010, 12:26 PM
mmmm my Christmas menu is Homemade Sauce (or gravy for the Italian's) that will go over some stuffed shells accompanied by some home made garlic cheese bread and salad for dinner tomorrow.... oh and some red wine of course...

BEAST MODE
12-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Damn...I like that menu! Can I come to your place for Christmas? My family is doing the traditional German country folk stuff...

stephaniewicked
12-25-2010, 03:32 PM
That food sounds amazing!! Merry Christmas to you and the family girl! :hugme:

stephaniewicked
12-25-2010, 03:34 PM
mmmm my Christmas menu is Homemade Sauce (or gravy for the Italian's) that will go over some stuffed shells accompanied by some home made garlic cheese bread and salad for dinner tomorrow.... oh and some red wine of course...

THANK YOU! Glad someone pays attention! ;) You don't call it "sauce" in an italian home... still trying to teach my half italian boyfriend what a sin he commits when he calls gravy sauce! :p

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2010, 04:17 PM
You mean red sauce? Like spaghetti sauce or marina? You call is gravy? That's so cute.

musclegoddess65
12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
You mean red sauce? Like spaghetti sauce or marina? You call is gravy? That's so cute.

yes... what we call spaghetti sauce... the Italians call it gravy...

BEAST MODE
12-26-2010, 01:46 PM
So then what is actual gravy to Italians?

musclegoddess65
12-26-2010, 01:48 PM

not Italian so I have no idea.... my sis in law is part Italian and a co-worker was also... so the first time she said she was having noodles and gravy I was like what in the world is that... now... I know...

LisaRD23
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
All this gravy talk is making me hungry!!!

I hope all you ladies had a great holiday- mine worked out well enough.

I didn't make it to the gym Friday after work b/c they closed early, then Christmas, then snow storm on Sun & Mon- so I had another half assed gym week. This is really getting annoying. I havn't had a solid training week in over a month and I see my body reacting to the lost time. On top of that I knew I had to keep an even tighter gym schdule after starting the BC pill and I haven't been able to.

I haven't gained an extreme amount of weight, my clothes still fit and I'm about 114/115 lbs, comp weight is about 107- but I see the difference in my body compesition. I feel mushy:(

Anyway, I did make into the gym last night & tuesday.

Tuesday-legs

Leg press- 10x3 180lbs (plate weight)
SLDLs- 10x3 Bar+ 50lbs
Single leg ext- 10x3 30lbs
Lunges- 20x2 w/ 10s
Standing Calves

Wednesday- shoulder/abs/cardio

DB Press- 20sx 12, 25sx 10, 30sx 8, 30sx 8
bent over raise- 12x4 -10s
front raises- 12x2 10s/ 10x2 15s
lateral raise- 3-drop sets 12/12 10s/5s

Ball crunches- 20x4
Lying leg raise- 15x3

25min on elliptical, 2:2 intervals

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope all you ladies had a great holiday

Hey! I'm no lady!!! :no:

LisaRD23
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey! I'm no lady!!! :no:

Ladies & Gents:)

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
LOL That's better!

And I had a great one, thank you! Glad yours was good too! The menu looked delicious!

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Lisa. Are you all dug out from the snow? Forgive me that I forget exactly where you are in NJ. My mom and sister are in Westfield and Rahway, respectively, and they got hammered with 2 feet!

stephaniewicked
12-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Brown gravy! :p

I haven't gained an extreme amount of weight, my clothes still fit and I'm about 114/115 lbs, comp weight is about 107- but I see the difference in my body compesition. I feel mushy:(

OMG, girl... stop it! You're making me feel like a cow for being 129!! You are totally fine for not being in prep mode!

January is almost here... you'll get back on track now that things will hopefully settle down after the holidays.

tammyp
12-31-2010, 06:01 AM
^ ya no joke.....

LisaRD23
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
LOL That's better!

And I had a great one, thank you! Glad yours was good too! The menu looked delicious!

Thanks! The good thing about having christmas in my house was that I was able to control the menu. For the most part everything was prepared very healthy. I also didn't over cook so I only had left overs for the next day. Expect for dessert...had that all week:p

Hey Lisa. Are you all dug out from the snow? Forgive me that I forget exactly where you are in NJ. My mom and sister are in Westfield and Rahway, respectively, and they got hammered with 2 feet!

I'm in Secaucs. We got over 20inches of snow. Monday was terrible!! Thankfully my job closed for the day but digging out my car was NO FUN!! Plus I don't know what the hell is up with snow removal this year, my block is still a mess.

OMG, girl... stop it! You're making me feel like a cow for being 129!! You are totally fine for not being in prep mode!

January is almost here... you'll get back on track now that things will hopefully settle down after the holidays.

I know...it just that the mirror is like my enemy right now. Dam back and belly fat. I gain it all in 1 area.

LisaRD23
12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
On that note--

Thursday- Back & Bi's

Hyper Ext- 2x15 (no weight)
HS Rows- 12- 25lbs each side, 10- 30lbs, 8-35lbs
Seated Cable Rows- 15x45lbs
DB Shrugs- 15x 20s

BB Curls- used short bar- 15-just bar, 12 +5lbs, 10 +10lbs
DB Curls- 15-10s, 12-15s, 10-20s
Hammer Curls- 2 drop sets- 10/8- 15s/10s

20min on stepper 2:2 intervals

Gym is set to close @ 6pm tonight. I hope to get out of work by 3pm so i can make it in. If not the gym will be open tomorrow. I don't have big plans tonight so this is just like any other normal weekend for me.

LisaRD23
01-01-2011, 12:46 PM
So HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

I had a quiet night. I was able to make it into the gym and hit chest & tri's. My husband, daughter and I went to have dinner at Johnny Carino's then my dad came over the house around 9pm. We just chilled on the couch watching New Year's Rocking eve with some music and snacks. We had a Ginger Ale toast at midnight- then after my dad left and the kid went to bed we opened a bottle of Ciroc and had our own little "party" :)

stephaniewicked
01-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Ohh Ciroc! Have you seen the 'Smooth Talk' commercials with Diddy? So friggin' funny!

cHQ2Jey2dA0

Happy New Year, girl!

LisaRD23
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol...yeah. Those are funny. Ciroc has actually been out a lot longer than people realize. It just got popular recently with the new flavors. Coconut with some pinnapple juice is the BEST!

LisaRD23
01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
So I had a pretty good workout last night. I'm hoping to finally stick to my planned schdule and tighten up my diet a bit more. No more Friday, Saturday AND Sunday treats.

Legs
5 min warm up on stepper

Squats- Bar weight +.... 12x50lbs, 10x90lbs, 10x95lbs, 10x100lbs
SLDLs- Bar weight + 50lbs x10x10x10
Single Leg Ext- 30lbs x10x10x10
Step up- w/10s- 2sets of 20
Standing calves- 50lbs x10x10x10
Horizontal Calves- 50lbs x25x25
--------------------------------------------
So my husband and I were talking last night and he wants me to not start my new pack of BC pills next week. I generally just don't like taking the pills and I've been feeling "off" latley. I know I've been all over the place these past few weeks with my schdule and not getting to the gym as much as I wanted too...but I've also been feeling depressed for no good reason.

When I originally decided to get off the pill 3yrs ago it was b/c I was constantly feeling like there was something wrong. Either extermly tierd, depressed, head ache, feeling sick but there was really nothing wrong with me etc... After getting off the pill, in about 2-3 months I felt sooo much better. So I think at this point I am doing more harm than good. Another concern I have is that last week I saw what I thought to be a bruise on my knee...but it really didn't hurt. Now it looks like you can see the out line of my vein. Also, last night after my shower I had what honestly looked like a "hickey" near my hip. I'm wondering if those are little blood clots?

I got on the pill to regulate my period and stimulate ovulation for when begin to try and conceive- but I think I'm going just going to look into a mroe natural route instead. I've been reading good things about Vitex(Chasteberry) so may give that a try.

LisaRD23
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Good work last night- despite waking up with a sore throat.

Hit shoulders:

BB Press on Smith- 12x20lbs, 10x25lbs, 8x30lbs, 6x35lbs
Reverse Pec dec- 12x25lbs x2, 10x35lbs x2
DB Front Raises- 12x10s x2, 10x15s x2
Upright rows- short bar- 12+10lbs, 10+15lbs, 8+20lbs, 6+25lbs

25min cardio on elliptical 2:2 inervals

LisaRD23
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Me since Thursday- strep throat...turned into upper respiratory infection...in bed for past 5 days.

Can't catch a break:(

Sunnyday
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
:byeg:

Feel better, Lisa.

partsRheavy
01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Hope ya feel better! I know there are a lot of personnel traipsing in and out of the personnel office, some of whom probably have colds....

but...are you taking a multivit or at least some C and E to try and prevent coming down w/stuff?

Also I've been reading stuff from Life Extension about how a lot of ppl especially in the Northeast have vit D levels that are too low.

Anyway, hope you get to feeling better!!!!

stephaniewicked
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Everyone reacts to the pill differently, but it sounds like it really doesn't agree with you. I believe that what's meant to be will be, so I'm sure you'll feel better in every possible way after stopping it... I definitely feel so much better after getting off hormonal birth control. My general/overall mood is much more balanced throughout the day. I was using them for so long, that I didn't even consider them to be the reason behind the way I was. I thought I was just always moody, lol. I'm now convinced those things are evil... Anyway, wishing you and the hubby lots of luck conceiving soon! :)

Feel better first though, ugh! Everyone around me is getting sick and I'm trying so damn hard not to catch anything. At least 2-3 people have told me already that they were sick for a week and just as they were starting to feel better, they caught a strain of something else and got sick with other symptoms.

Hope you're staying warm and get dug out of the storm okay tomorrow!

LisaRD23
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm finally back at work today. Been out since last Thursday. Tue & Wed I only came in for about 2-3hrs to attempt to get through some of the pile up.

I'm about 75% better- hopefully I'm good by the weekend esp. since hubby booked us a hotel for the long weekend so we can have some time alone. We do that every few months. Book a hotel-doesn't even have to be far- just to spend some 1-on-1 time with eachother away from the distractions of home and work.

I plan on going to the gym tonigh just for some light cardio to get my body moving. Probally a walking hills on the treadmill or something. Don't want to push to much to soon.

LisaRD23
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
So I lasted the entire day at work yesterday and I went to the gym and walked 20min on the treadmill- I set to "Rolling hills" program @ level 5.

It was good to at least get my body moving again. I'll be doing the same thing tonight then come Monday I revamped my diet and training to hopefully start the process of getting back into the groove of things.

Being down for almost 3months has really hit me hard. I feel so...what's the word....AVERAGE...lol:p Anyway I had a nice chat with my trainer who I've been working with for the past 3 years through competition and off season. She helped me figure out a starting point and I am feeling better now that I at least have a plan.

LisaRD23
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Ok...so let's blow the dust off this journal a little bit:)

I've been back in the gym for the past few weeks, just taking things slowly and starting to build my strength back up. I've felt pretty good the past few days. Hit legs Monday, shoulders & traps last night.

I'm back on a diet plan as well. Sticking to it 100% M-F then relaxed but clean with 1 cheat meal on the weekend. I'm down 3lbs in the past 2 weeks and averaging 113lbs and BF at about 19%

I've been extremely busy and also have been dealing with a few things that have be kind of down, but I've been pushing through.

On another note- - I totally pulled a Stephanie this weekend;)
Hubby & I went to check out an apartment "just to see" and we are now moving in Feb 26th!!! Crazy... but it was a great find. Still in my same town, closer to my daughter's school, 3 bedroom (extra room will be office untill it will hopefully turn into a nursery), back yard, washer/dryer, dishwasher, and all utilites included (Heat, hot water, electric). It's a bit more than what we are paying now but I am pretty much getting everything I would get if I owned a condo with less expense. Very happy that we found this:)

FBB ELISA CHARM
02-04-2011, 03:22 AM
welcome back!
Following along.

musclegoddess65
02-05-2011, 04:32 AM
new places are nice... moving sucks, but its a functional workout! just did it myself recently..... and it all might average out with utilities being included....

stephaniewicked
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Hahahaha... reps for "pulling a Stephanie"! ;) Congrats!!!! That's awesome... see? When things are meant to be, they really are meant to be! How exciting!!! Good luck with the move, mama!

And awesome about the weight loss too. Man I'm dieting and I'm still a few lbs heavier, lol. Maybe after this year, my body will regulate itself better. I've already noticed lots of differences physically and mentally since stopping the BCP. I think that made a big difference!

So are you gonna come out to watch any of the shows this season? I'd love to see you and catch up! :)

LisaRD23
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
welcome back!
Following along.

I am really trying to maintain some kind of consistancy

new places are nice... moving sucks, but its a functional workout! just did it myself recently..... and it all might average out with utilities being included....

What sucks the most is that I feel like I JUST did this!! I've only been in my current apt. for 2 years. So the expense and fixing up the apartment all over again really sucks.

Hahahaha... reps for "pulling a Stephanie"! ;) Congrats!!!! That's awesome... see? When things are meant to be, they really are meant to be! How exciting!!! Good luck with the move, mama!

And awesome about the weight loss too. Man I'm dieting and I'm still a few lbs heavier, lol. Maybe after this year, my body will regulate itself better. I've already noticed lots of differences physically and mentally since stopping the BCP. I think that made a big difference!

So are you gonna come out to watch any of the shows this season? I'd love to see you and catch up! :)

I'm really excited about the new place. it's work and we've been paiting ALL weekend (there's my cardio:)) but I think it is the right move for us.

You are a few inches taller than me...and your boob are bigger...that makes up for the weight difference...hahaha:p

I hope to make a few shows. I am interested to see the new women's division and the changes in bikini this year.

musclegoddess65
02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
girl I moved from IL to SC in Sept 09, then moved from an apt to a house in Nov09, then moved out of that house in March10, then again moved Oct2010, and just moved AGAIN Jan29, 2011... I am so done with moving!

painting is good shoulder work too!

stephaniewicked
02-09-2011, 07:49 PM
and just moved AGAIN Jan29, 2011... I am so done with moving!

You just moved TOO? How did I miss this? Congrats!!

I thought I was bad for moving 6 times in about 6-7 years... but looks like I'm not quite alone. Now it looks like I'll be moving again next February when this lease is up. Hopefully that will be the last time for a while!

I know you were talking about moving a few months ago Li, so I'm glad all is working out for you guys. It feels so great once you're finally settled in!!

LisaRD23
02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
My husband is working from home today so I have him doing the Home Depot shopping so we can finish painting on Saturday. We have spent so much money on blue tape it's crazy!!

Anyway, I have been in the gym this week:)

Monday I trained legs- i was beyong tierd from painting all weekend so I went light with higher reps. It was a quick but sufficent workout.

Tuesday I got stuck at a training an hour away so by the time I got home after all the traffic I had to get dinner ready and take care of some things with my daughter so i skipped the gym.

Last night I hit Shoulders & got 25min of cardio on the elliptical in. Tonight is chest & back.

Diet has been pretty good. The weekends have been tough since I've been so busy, if anything I'm probally not eating enought on Sat & Sun.

But this is the basic outline I've been following:

1- 1/2c oatmeal w/ blueberries, 4 egg whites + 1 yolk
2- 4oz cottage cheese, 1c veggies, 14 almonds
3- 2.5oz chicken, veggies or salad, + alomonds or Olive Oil
4- 1 scoop whey, 5oz sweet potatoe or fruit (pre-workout)
5- same as meak 4 (post-workout)
6- 4 egg whites + 1yolk, grilled veggies, 1/4c FF Cheese or grilled fish w/ veggies and some fat added in.

Calories: 1475

LisaRD23
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Weight this morning 112.5lbs

Training last night chest & back

incline DB press- 25s x10, 25s x10, 30s x10x10
Pec Dec- 40lbs x10x10x10x10

Unassisted pull ups- 2 sets of 8
Assisted + 30lbs 3 sets of 10
Seated cable row- 50lbs x10, 50lbs x10, 65lbs x10 x10
Close grip pull downs- 60lbs x10x10x10x10

Cardio- 25min intervals on steppmill

musclegoddess65
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Weight this morning 112.5lbs

Training last night chest & back

incline DB press- 25s x10, 25s x10, 30s x10x10
Pec Dec- 40lbs x10x10x10x10

Unassisted pull ups- 2 sets of 8
Assisted + 30lbs 3 sets of 10
Seated cable row- 50lbs x10, 50lbs x10, 65lbs x10 x10
Close grip pull downs- 60lbs x10x10x10x10

Cardio- 25min intervals on steppmill

me thinks someone will be feeling that when she is painting this weekend...
unassisted pull ups... i'm jealous!

LisaRD23
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
me thinks someone will be feeling that when she is painting this weekend...
unassisted pull ups... i'm jealous!

Don't be too jealous...I could only do 2 sets! being able to do unassited pull ups has been a mission of mine for a few years.

Ugh...more painting this weekend. Only the 1st day is fun. We are going to the new place tonight to set up so as soon as we walk in tomorrow we can get to buisness. my goal is to be home Sunday afternoon relaxing and NOT paiting.

musclegoddess65
02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I've been able to do them before, but a self imposed wallow in pity lazy ass layoff of a year... well it will take some time to work back to them.... and a bench of 135, but all in due time...

I agree get done all you can and just chillax on Sunday!

tammyp
02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LisaRD23
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My b-day is in october...dam...do I have my profile set up wrong?

LisaRD23
02-16-2011, 09:34 AM
So I had to unexpectly miss the gym on Monday. I hit my head hard during the day- - I was running erands at lunch time and it was extremly windy out side. I work right next to the water so the wind was even more intense. Anyway, as I was putting bags into the trunk of my car the wind pushed the trunk down and it banged me right on the middle top of my hard. I swear I saw stars:hypno: I got ice as soon as I got back into the office, but I ended up with a MAJOR headache for the rest of the day and a nice lump so I went home took some advil and called it a day.

I did get my leg workout in last night though. I was rather annoyed at the gym though. It has been getting sooo PACKED in there. It's like a freakin zoo. One of the gyms about 5 miles away closed down so now all those people have been comming to my gym. I am considering checking out another gym that just opened in my towm I go to LA Fitness Signature Clud now, but really it's more of a "health club" than a gym. I never use the pool, the whirl pool, or the sauna. Plus I hate the machines, like the lat pull down that has rubber pulleys instead of steel cables. This new gym is more of a "gym" without all the extra fluff. Hubby and I are probally going to try a free pass next week to see how we like it.

So back to Legs:)

Squats- 115lbs x10, 125bs x10, 135lbs x10
SLDL- 75lbs x10x10x10x10
Hack Squats- machine weight + 90lbsx10x10x10x10
Lying Leg Curls- 40lbs x10x10x10x10
Seates calves- 25plate x15x15x15

Sunnyday
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
You got some strong legs there, woman!

LisaRD23
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I just wish my upper body would catch up!!

Last night was shoulders:

DB Press- 25lbs x10x10, 30lbs x10x9
Cable Lat Raises- 7.5x10x10x10x10 Couldn't find the 10 or 15 DBs ANYWHERE so I had to do these on cables. I HATE when I cann't find the weight I need. Either way I guess it was a good change up. Felt the difference in the resitsance here.
Reverse Pec Deck- 25lbsx10x10x10x10
Cable Front Raise-7.5x10x10x10x10
Upright Row- 30lb Bar x15x15

Finished off with 20 min on elliptical 2:2 intervals

stephaniewicked
02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Ugh, that's so annoying about all the new members flooding your gym. I belong to a NYSC so it's a health club too. On weekends, they have kids birthday parties and swim lessons... all the parents sit around gossiping in the lounge area while the kids splash around (and probably pee) in the pool! I never use any of those extra amenities either. What I like about it though is it's literally in walking distance (though that would require crossing a major highway, so I drive!) and I like the cardio equipment (which is important when you spend so much time on them!) Thankfully the resolutioners died out rather quickly this year. Valentine's night it was dead and on most nights it's just the regulars. Only once or twice a week is it super crazy, but I'm glad it's somewhat back to normal again... I do wish I had another place to go to sometimes though.

The gym Jon works at is a hardcore, family-owned place, but we need to have our space so I tend to not go there, except on special occasions... and everything else around here is a chain (Ballys, LA Fitness, Retro, etc).

tammyp
02-18-2011, 05:50 AM
hearing this makes me happy for my gym down stairs~

LisaRD23
02-18-2011, 11:01 AM
So...I have a new count down!!! 12 weeks till going to Bahamas :yep:

My husband's job has a state convention every year that he allways qualifies for- they pay the trip for us @ 100% I allways stree the trip and almost didn't go last year because of contest prep....but this year it's all for me!

So time to get my ass in gear and get ready!!

Last night- 25min cardio on stepper & ABS

stephaniewicked
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Ah yes... isn't it earlier this year? I thought it was July or August the last couple years. Either way, who cares... a beach vacation is a great reason to kick it up a notch!!

How's the packing and stuff going? When is moving day?

LisaRD23
02-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Ah yes... isn't it earlier this year? I thought it was July or August the last couple years. Either way, who cares... a beach vacation is a great reason to kick it up a notch!!

How's the packing and stuff going? When is moving day?

It's usually during the end of May and screws with my June contest date. last year the trip was originally schduled for May but because of the eathquake in haiti al lotflights to Dominican Republic were cancelled and the back up went well into the summer months. So thankfully the trip was moved to July and hubby & I had no conflict.

The year before that I had to skip the trip...I was 2 weeks out.

Anyway, nice to be able to plan something and not worry about being restricted.

We actually haven't packed anything!! We've been so busy with paiting we didn't really have a chance. But the move is literally 3min away from my current place so we plan on moving all the kitchen stuff this weekend, and I'll just carry those things in rubber maid bins. The only think I'm keeping out is my egg pan, tupper wear for the week and a bowl for my oat meal...everything else will be paper plates & plastic forks untill next week:)

stephaniewicked
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM
That sounds like what I did... my new place was only 2 miles from my old apartment, so for two weeks, I would stop here on the way to the gym and bring a few boxes each night... which helped a ton, so there was less to bring over on moving day!

Good luck... Can't wait for you to be all settled so you can relax and enjoy it!

Sunnyday
02-18-2011, 10:01 PM
So...I have a new count down!!! 12 weeks till going to Bahamas :yep:

My husband's job has a state convention every year that he allways qualifies for- they pay the trip for us @ 100% I allways stree the trip and almost didn't go last year because of contest prep....but this year it's all for me!

So time to get my ass in gear and get ready!!

Last night- 25min cardio on stepper & ABS

I can't think of a nicer place to get knocked up! :yep:

LisaRD23
02-22-2011, 11:02 AM
My body feels broken :(

Sat. we spent the day in Home Depot and other stores buying window shades, new area rugs, lamps, etc...

Sunday we moved the whole kitchen, and alot of little things, like summer clothes bins, pictures, file cabinet, the "top shelf" of our closets, etc...

Yesterday- I was off for Pres. day- and we were in the apartment all day trying to organize the stuff we brought over and hung the shades.

Friday night I trainined Chest & Back, Saturday before we started I got the gym time in and trained Bi's & Tri's. Had no time for cardio either day. I also had to squeeze in a Chiropractor visit on Sat. because the right side of my neck, and my entire shoulder is KILLING me. I don't know what I did to it.:dunno:

Yesterday we got leg training in before heading the the Apt. and I had to make another run to the Chiropractor.

I am sooo exhausted. We were on our feet all day for 3 days in a row, and this is the 3rd weekend in a row with no rest and not eating right- as in only eating like 2x per day, the most at 3x per day. I can not wait to get this move over with and get settled in so I can return to some kind of normal routine. Hopefully all this stuff we've been doing will help this weekend go faster.

Sunnyday
02-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Hang in there, Lisa. Sounds like you are close to being done with the move and getting back to normal life.

LisaRD23
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I planned on hitting shoulders last night but my right shoulder/neck area is still bothering me. It's like I have a constant burning sensation. On Monday when I trained legs I wasn't able to squat b/c the weight of the bar was botherin me and I couldn't dead lift either so I had used mostly machines.

This sucks- there's only so much I can do that won't trigger my neck/shoulder area. I hope I can maybe get at least some light weights in tonight. We'll see.

So last night was just cardio & abs-
30m intervals on stepmill
Ball crunches- 4x15
Hip Raises- 4x15

M.E. Anders
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I planned on hitting shoulders last night but my right shoulder/neck area is still bothering me. It's like I have a constant burning sensation. On Monday when I trained legs I wasn't able to squat b/c the weight of the bar was botherin me and I couldn't dead lift either so I had used mostly machines.

This sucks- there's only so much I can do that won't trigger my neck/shoulder area. I hope I can maybe get at least some light weights in tonight. We'll see.

So last night was just cardio & abs-
30m intervals on stepmill
Ball crunches- 4x15
Hip Raises- 4x15

Yeah - I have a friend who has a shoulder bone spur - no fun. We've been trying to work out a regimen that does not affect that area negatively.

LisaRD23
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah - I have a friend who has a shoulder bone spur - no fun. We've been trying to work out a regimen that does not affect that area negatively.

Ugh...this really does suck. I don't even know what movements I can and can't do at this point. What pisses me off more is that I'm not even sure what I did. maybe it was from my last shoulder work out?? Don't know.

Last night I didn't get to the gym. I picked up a few things for the new apartment at lunch yesterday so on my way home I stopped to drop stuff off and lost track of time. Then the husband & I wen't for dinner and went straight home.

I'm not sure if I can lift tonight, my neck/shoulder feels better but I am still feeling a bit uncomfortable. I have to be able to lift & carry things on Sat. with this move so I may just nix lifting for the rest of the week and just get some cardio done tonight & tomorrow.

LisaRD23
03-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok sooo...the move is complete!! Got truck at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, we were done by 3:00 and spent the rest on the night Saturdau, all day Sunday & most of Monday unpacking and getting things organized.

I only have 3 boxes left and all that stuff is pictures frames and wall art we'll deal with next weekend. I am so glad this weekend is over. I am beyond tierd. My body is so beat up that it's been hard for me to even fall asleep. If I don't get some rest I know I'm going to end up catching a cold. Hopefully I can get some rest this week.

As far as training & diet goes, everything has been done pretty half-assed. But my neck/shoulder is feeling better, the craziness of moving is over and I'm ready to get into gear.

I have less than 12 weeks for Bahamas Paradise Island. So to help kick thing off correctly I contacted my trainer and signed up for a 10 week diet & training program. Once I get my plan back from Karen I'll hopefully be good to go by Monday:)

stephaniewicked
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
So glad to hear the move is over... what a relief! The unpacking is more fun than packing... but it's more fun when it's completely done!

That's a good idea about contacting your trainer. Nothing gets you on track more than having someone tell you exactly what to do and knowing they are holding you accountable!

BTW, I *finally* got my jewelry back... what a crazy trip through the mail service that stuff took! Thanks again for your help with that... and sorry it was such a nuisance to get back to me!

LisaRD23
03-03-2011, 09:51 AM
I've been working with Karen for 3 years now- before competeing, during prep & off season so she really knows my body. I love working with her so I figured it would be best to enlist a little help. Plus I am taking things delicatley. I do not want to drop my BF to low or over stress my body for no good reason. We are hoping to conceive this spring/summer so in an attempt to get back into gear, I don't want to end up doing damage. I do have a tendancy to go overboard.

Gald you finally got your stuff back!! OMG...what a mission that was. 1st getting your stuff, finding out we couldn't do anything, then getting it back to you. I'm sorry for getting you into this in the first place!:)

LisaRD23
03-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Ok- so I got my plan from Karen over the weekend!

Diet, cardio and training schedule starts today! I'll be doing my cardio after training tonight, planned on doing is before work but rain caused power to go out in the middle of the night and my alarm never went on this morning...:mad:...figures. Training tonight is just shoulders which usually is pretty quick so no biggie.

I'm excited to be back on a plan, esp since I'm also allowing myself variet in my schdule and not jumping straight into strict comp mode. I also will be watching my BF very closley, I can't allow myself to drop below 18% BF (give or take). We do hope to plan on conceiving this spring/summer so I don't want to create any more obsticales for myself.

I cant' wait untill the weather warms up so I can hit the track. It's right behind my house :)

LisaRD23
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Monday:

DB Shoulder press: 25sx12x12x12x12
Arnold Press: 20sx12x12x12x12
Lateral Raise: 10s x12x12x12x12

Ball Crunches 3x15
Butterfly crunches 3x15

Cardio: 20min Walking/jogging/lunge intervals

Tuesday:

Leg Press: (plates) 140lbs x12x12x12x12
DB SLDL: 30s x12x12x12x12
Single Leg Ext: 25lbs (each leg) x12x12x12x12

Standing calves on smith: (plates) 90lbs x10x10x10x10
Seated Calves: (plates) 20lbs x20x20

LisaRD23
03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Wednesday

AM Cardio- 20min-walk at 0%-7% increase incline

Thursday

Low Cable pully- 45lbs x10x10x10x10
Lat Pull Down- 55lbs x10x10x10x10
Machine Rows-singles- 30lbs x10x10x10x10

BB Curls- 30lbs x10x10x10x10
Alt DB Curls- 15s x10x10x10x10
Hammer Curls- 15s x10x10x10x10

Seated Calves- 20lbs x20x20x20x20

Finished w/ Cable Crunches & Reverse Crunch

Friday

A.M. cardio 20min walk/jog/lunge intervals

Chest & Tri's tonight after work

stephaniewicked
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
LOL, yeah I know... I blame the damn post office for those problems. They wouldn't leave the package even though I signed the thingie telling them to, then I moved, etc. It's all done now though...

Looks like you jumped right back into everything and are on a roll... good for you mama!

And thanks again for the email. I can't wait to try some of those in a few months! :)

I'm gonna be up in your area tomorrow. One of my bikini friends lives in Hackensack, so I'm meeting up with her to train... that's not far from you, right? I think we're going to the Powerhouse in Hackensack... we still have to get together one of these days!

Are you going to the Suburban? Jess (my friend) and I are gonna meet there to watch pre-judging and then go train... if you wanna come!

LisaRD23
03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
What date is the Suburban? I haven't even been looking at comp dates. If I don't have anything going on hitting up pre-judging sounds good.

Yeah- having a "set" plan helped me get my ass get back into gear. I've been so sore too...LOVE IT!!!:)

Got Cardio done Saturday a.m. beofre starting all the crap I had to get done. Sunday is allways my day off.

This morning I came to the realization that Monday morning cardio is just not going to happen for me. This was the second Sunday in a row I laid out my workout clothes the night before, set my keys & Ipod near the door....6am Monday morning comes and Lisa turns off alarm clock and rolls back to bed.

M.E. Anders
03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Monday morning cardio, eh? It never happens for me, either. :)

Glad you got all moved - that can be quite a hassle to get unpacked/reorganized...I moved 9 times within 2 years...I remember those days!

LisaRD23
03-15-2011, 02:36 PM
I can wait for a Sunday morning where I wake up and go straight to the couch and not get up all day except to eat and pee:)

Last night's work & cardio was pretty good despite the gym being so dam packed!! I hate the crew of sh*t heads that joined the gym in the past few months.

Last night shoulders/abs/Cardio

HS Shoulder Press- 25sx10x10 30x10x10
BB rear delt row- 35x10, 40x10, 45x10,10
Upright Row- 40x12x12x12

Ball Crunches- 3x15...was going to do decline crunches but I have no idea what happened to the decline bench :dunno: I walked around the gym floor like 3xs and it was no where to be found...WTF???

Anyway....finished with Butterfly crunches 3x15

Cardio- 25min walk/lunge/jog intervals on treadmill- -> this is a real ass kicker

On another note I just found out that my husband also qualified for National Convention this year. That means not only do we get to go to the Bahamas in May for State Convention, we also get 1 week in Hawaii in October for National!!
I don't think I even have enough vacation time for all this!

LisaRD23
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Tuesday- legs

Squats- bar weight + 90lbs x8x8 95lbs x8
Lyning Leg Curls- single leg- 25lbs x8, 20lbs x8, 25lbs x8
Hack Squat- Machine weight + 90lbs x8x8 100lbs x8

Staning Calves on Smith- 90lbs x10x10x10x10
Seated Calves- 25lbs plate- x20x20

Wednesday- Cardio

25min Progressive incline

It was pouring rain this monring when I left to the gym...like if I really need something to discourage me from early morning cardio!! On my sprint from the car to the gym door I stepped in a nice puddle and had soggy socks through out my cardio time. On my way back to the car I attempted to divert myself from the puddle, and I was sucessful, except for the fact that I left my car key in the treadmill bottle holder. So I had to run back inside and the dam puddle caught me again:mad:

I am VERY grouchy today!!

LisaRD23
03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Thursday

Conv. DL's- 95x10x10x10 100x10
Pull downs- 55x10,55x10,60x10,70x10
Machine Row- single arm- 30x10x10x10x10

EZ Bar Curls- 30x10x10x10x10
Machine Preacher- 25lb platex10x10x10x10
Hammers- 15s x10
Alt DB-15s x10
Hammers- 15s x10
Alt DB- 15s x10

Finished off with some ab work

Cdimeo
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
It was pouring rain this monring when I left to the gym...like if I really need something to discourage me from early morning cardio!! On my sprint from the car to the gym door I stepped in a nice puddle and had soggy socks through out my cardio time. On my way back to the car I attempted to divert myself from the puddle, and I was sucessful, except for the fact that I left my car key in the treadmill bottle holder. So I had to run back inside and the dam puddle caught me again:mad:

This sounds like my life LOL...At least you got up and went. My alarm went off the other morning at 4am, I heard the rain, hit snooze and never made it...

LisaRD23
03-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Cdimeo- that sounds like my Mondays!! Although I did have ulterior motives for making sure I got my cardio done Wed morning.......I'd been planning on making some turkey chili for days and I wanted to be able to get straight home after work so I can put it to cook. That slow simmer makes all the difference:drool:

Today was another good day:) I check in with Karen tomorrow so I'll see what progress I've made these past two weeks

Friday-

a.m. cardio- 25 min walk/lunge/jog intervals

p.m. chest & tris

Incline BB on Smith-(plate weight) 20x10, 30x10, 40x10, 40x10
Flat DB Press- 25sx10, 30sx10, 30sx10
Pec Deck- 40x12x12x12

Dips- unassisted x10x10 +30lbs assist x10x10 --> was getting tired and felt myself "cheating" the movement so I moved to assist machine
Incline OH Machine- 30x10x10x10x10
Kick Backs- 10lbs x12x12x12

LisaRD23
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Saturday- 25 min cardio...chiropratcer appointment and dinner at Penang:)

Sunday- off from gym

Monday- Shoulders & Cardio...we tried a new gym last night and I'm really not feeling it. It nice, cheap, but VERY small and the cardio equipment sucks.

LisaRD23
03-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Ok rain, sleet and snow...seriously!! It's SPRING!!!:mad::mad:

Well there was no way in hell I was going to be cleaing off my car in the dark at 6am just to go do cardio this morning, so that will be done tonight after work.

Last night was leg day, pretty good work out. Quick b/c I had to get to my daughter's High School Orientation that started at 7:00...but it was good work out.

Squats- bar + 90lbs x8, 90lbs x8, 95lbs x8
Lying Leg Curls- single leg- 30lbs x8, 25lbs x8, 25lbs x8
Hack Squats- machine weight + 90lbs x8x8x8

probally could've went heavier on all of these but I didn't give myself enough rest time between sets since I had to get out of there.

Standing calves- 90lbsx10x10x10
Seated- 25lbs x20x20

Sunnyday
03-23-2011, 03:57 PM
May have been a rushed WO but still looks good & well rounded from here!

LisaRD23
03-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Well cardio got totally nixed from my plan yesterday....I'll just get it into tonight after hitting back & bi's, no biggie.

I ended up spening 3 hours in the car dealership instead. I've been trying to finalize a deal on trading in my car for a new lease since Saturday. I didn't leave with the new car, but I did leave with a signed deal!! I'll pick up car either tomorrow or Saturday:)

Sunnyday
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Heeeyyyy! Congrats on the car deal!

LisaRD23
03-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks Sunny. I'm just waiting for the call to go pick it. I'm getting the Honda CRV. I wanted the Nissan Murano, but I'm upside down on my current car loan, so the depriciated value was going to add an extra $4000 to the cost of the lease-- which is the reason why I want to get out of a finance and into a lease-- to not have to deal with deprciated value. The CRV had a higher cash back and an extra manufactures rebate so it gave me some room to keep my payments lower.

Last nights workout was so/so. I really wasn't in a hyped mood so I kinda just went through the motions. I woke up really tiered yesterday & today despite getting enough sleep and Wed. turning into an off day.

Back/Bi's/Cardio

Low Cable rows- 60lbs x9x9x9 65lbs x9
Lat Pull down- 45lbs x15, 70lbs x9x9x9
BB Row- 65lbs x9x9 75lbs x9x9

BB Curls- 35lbs x9, 40lbs x9x9x9
Alt DB- 15s x9x9x9x9
Hammers- 15s x9x9x9 20sx6

30min Cardio on Crossramp

I check in with Karen again tomorrow. I hope my numbers look better than last week. I thought I had dropped some weight and BF during my 1st two weeks back on a program but my progress looked the same. I don't know, maybe my numbers were just off. My husband said that I looked like I did lean up a bit...so :dunno:

stephaniewicked
03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that mid-week weather sucked! I would rather have a blizzard than that wet, messy crap! Ugh...

And , congrats on the new car!! :)

LisaRD23
03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Ugh...I can't belive that we are supposed to have wintery snow/rain mix AGAIN this week!!:mad:

Quick update in here- have got all my training in, except for last night I got tied up (not in a good way;))...so I'll just push my week back by 1 day.

Check-in this week was better. Weight dropped to 111.5 and BF is slightly lower. Ireally just want to get some of muscle back I lost during those months I was out of the gym and get my BF at a decent number. Kills me, but I have to remember to take it slow at this point.

I'm getting a bit nervous about all the planned travel we have this year. Bahamas in May, Lake Harmony, PA in July for family vacation, then Hawaii in October. I start getting sick in planes after 2 hours, and right now we are trying to get pregnant, so if I do sooner rather than later...I don't know how well I'm going to do. Stupid to think about it now until I know for sure...but it's on my mind:dunno:

M.E. Anders
04-04-2011, 08:07 AM
@LisaRD23 Sounds like you have a lot happening with your upcoming travel plans...also trying to get pregnant, eh? Whew!

Also, how do you measure your BF levels? Everyone uses different methods, I realize.

LisaRD23
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
@LisaRD23 Sounds like you have a lot happening with your upcoming travel plans...also trying to get pregnant, eh? Whew!

Also, how do you measure your BF levels? Everyone uses different methods, I realize.

yeah tell me about it!:hypno: I wonder why I do this to myself sometimes!!

I use the Omron BF Tester. I know it's not 100% but I can at least measure progress. I use 1st thing in the morning, empty stomach, before moving aroung too much to try to keep natural body temp. I take both female & male reading, divide by 2 and subtract 1. These are instructions my trainer gave me.

I finally lost 1lb of fat this week. My weight is at 111.5, but by BF is reading @ 20% I want to get to at leat 18% reading then just maintain it from there. It seems as if I lost more muscle than I thought during those few month of not really being in the gym. But we kicked training and cardio up a notch this week, so hopefully I can bust through and get some better progress.

stephaniewicked
04-05-2011, 12:50 AM
So much travel planned for this year... Getaways are supposed to be fun, so try to think about all the enjoyment and not stress about the things you can't control or the things that aren't yet issues. Nothing good can come from worrying for no reason! ;)

Look at me... giving advice that I, myself, wouldn't actually follow, lol... but hey, I do try!

You're doing great woman... I wish I knew what my bf was, but I've never had it checked. I'm sitting around the same weight as you right now... I bet you're looking great. How many more weeks until your trip??

LisaRD23
04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I know, I just seem to have a gift for driving myself crazy :hypno:

Bahamas is in 6 weeks. We are in DESPERATE need of a vacation so this trip really can't come soon enough!

I really haven't updated my workouts, just b/c I've been busy. But I am still keeping on track. This week's workouts have consisted of some higher reps, drop sets, and 40min cardio sessions in an attempt to kick things up a notch. I'm pretty confident that I will make some progress this week and send Karen a good check in on Saturday, unless I end up with my period by the week and get all bloated.

Sunnyday
04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Lisa, just checking in. Glad you are still keeping up with your WOs. Real happy for you that the vacation is in sight! :)

M.E. Anders
04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Lisa - what would you consider high reps workouts? Do you typically do high reps when approaching a show?

Looking forward to that vacation in the Bahamas, eh? Good for you!

LisaRD23
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Ladies, ladies, ladies...thanks for checking in.:)

Oh...do I have some news!!

I'M PREGNANT!!:jump:

Sunnyday
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! :hmn:

stephaniewicked
04-16-2011, 12:02 PM
OMG... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

:excited::jump::excited:

Now you need to change the title of this journal and start baby blogging, woman!! So happy for you guys... I know how much you have been looking forward to this! :hugme:

LisaRD23
04-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks girls!!!

We have been talking about having another baby for some time now. We finally decided to just go for it. I pretty much got pregnant 1st try!!
I am happy & surprised at the same time. Esp since I was having problems with my cycles I thought it would take some time. But nope...everything worked the way it's supposed to!!:)

I'm 5 weeks right now, estimated due date is December 15th.

I do need update or start a new journal. I started a personal one so far. But I'll get on here soon.

M.E. Anders
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Ladies, ladies, ladies...thanks for checking in.:)

Oh...do I have some news!!

I'M PREGNANT!!:jump:
Congratulations are in order!!!!!! That's SO exciting!!!! This news made my night!!!!!

Sunnyday
04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Lisa, fyi, stop taking the epo if you haven't already. Then start taking it again around week 37.

LisaRD23
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Congratulations are in order!!!!!! That's SO exciting!!!! This news made my night!!!!!

Thanks!

LisaRD23
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Lisa, fyi, stop taking the epo if you haven't already. Then start taking it again around week 37.

Thanks Sunny. I actually had stopped taking it 1 week before my period was due. I read about it causing uterine contractions, so I stopped that and the Vitex.

So for quick journal update on training.....:) So far I still have been in gym every week. I altered some of my workouts, mostly due to the fatigue I've been feeling. I felt a strength drop a few days I found out I was pregnant- - so I found out why!!

But other than that, everything is pretty much the same. 4 day split, keeping squats in for as long as I can, being careful with lower back, still training abs 3x per week and I lowered cardio from 5 day @ 40min to 4 day @ 30min.

I'll keep making adjustment as I need to. really just trying to listen to my body at this point.

Sunnyday
04-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks Sunny. I actually had stopped taking it 1 week before my period was due. I read about it causing uterine contractions, so I stopped that and the Vitex.

So for quick journal update on training.....:) So far I still have been in gym every week. I altered some of my workouts, mostly due to the fatigue I've been feeling. I felt a strength drop a few days I found out I was pregnant- - so I found out why!!

But other than that, everything is pretty much the same. 4 day split, keeping squats in for as long as I can, being careful with lower back, still training abs 3x per week and I lowered cardio from 5 day @ 40min to 4 day @ 30min.

I'll keep making adjustment as I need to. really just trying to listen to my body at this point.

Uterine contractions - that's exactly why you needed to stop taking it. ;) It is recommended after 37 weeks to help jump start things...it doesn't really jump start anything, just sort of primes the pumps.

Good that you are listening to your body regarding your WOs, you are definitely on your way to a healthy preganancy/delivery!

I kept in abs all the way until the end. Just modified the exercises as I got bigger, and did more planks and knee lifts instead of crunches. Also did my own version of hypers which I think helped alleviate lower back pain I had in with my first pregancy and hardly felt at all with the other 2.

So excited to count down the weeks with you!

Cdimeo
04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Good for you girls! I felt so terrible during pregnancy I lifted up only bagels and cheese and didnt put them down LOL. I did manage to stay in the gym a few days a week here and there but my body completely rejected protein so for me I scrapped the whole deal.

BTW CONGRATS!!! I was jealous for like a second. I will happily enjoy your pregnancy vicariously through you :))))

Awesome awesome news!

M.E. Anders
04-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Ha - I learned something about the epo, if I ever decide to get pregnant. ;)

Yes - you should start a new journal with a countdown to your due date...that would be fun to follow. :)

Cheers!