PDA

View Full Version : need to get my head outta my ass! journal

tammyp
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
as the title says....

i have been struggling with things the last few months as some of you know. what direction i want to go in, how i want to see myself..bla bla....

while i love the sport, there are some aspects of it that i dont, and that has me on the fence. so i guess my plan is to do the NY pro, maybe toronto, and see where the chips fall after 2011.

currently, im training 4 days, have been doing higher reps than i have had in years, and love it. i am more sore than ever! snow has come here, so cardio will be in the snow...which is where i am headed shortly....

Melissa
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm with ya, girl!:hugme:

The Prodigy
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
After you get your head out...let me know....mine is stuck as well......

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm in...

I spent all my childhood summers up in your neck of the woods - Rollins Pond, to be precise. Many fond memories of the Annual Lumberjack Festival at Tupper Lake. My sister still ventures there each year; loved the area so much she even named her dog "Tupper". Must be really fun in the winter and living there year round. The closest I've been in my adult years is when I did my grad work at the University of Vermont back in the '90s.

Thought I saw a stepmill in your pic on the home gym thread. But given the option of "playing" inside on the stepmill or out in the snow...snow wins for me, hands down! Having snow envy right now... :)

tammyp
12-08-2010, 03:36 PM
OMG i grew up in rollin pond and fish creek! spent alot of my summers there. great memories....

i just snoe shoed..it kicks my step mills ass....

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Used to hop over to Fish Creek and watch Brian Gale & the Double Eagle Express jam for the campers. Nice little family show.

I always wanted snow shoes! My husband spent part of his childhood in Binghamton & the other part in Buffalo & WALKED to school in snow shoes. Unfortunately around Maryland I just can't justify getting them for me & the kids. Just 3 snowflakes turns this place upside down, LOL!

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I think the sites in the 150s (Rollins) were our faves, far side of the 2nd cove. Used to be $7 a night back in the '70s. Now my sister can't even get a guaranteed waterfront site on Ticketmaster without losing her shirt! I have great memories of day-long canoe trips going the back way from Rollins all the way 'round to Fish Creek & Oh can't forget those rainy day can't do nothin' else days of heading over to Donaldson's for some groceries. Need to take my own kids there one day. If we do I will be sure to roll right through Lake Placid & stop in to say hi.

tammyp
12-08-2010, 04:56 PM
For sure! We were there the same time. 70s mid 80s. We got the same site every year. 58. Right near the ampi theater. My dad was an encon/ state employee so we went for nothing. I hear its way more complicated now. Imagine that. Lol

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it just kills me that it IS more complicated now.

I liked it best right around the early 80s and Rollins had just gotten the hot showers and FLUSH toilets. Some things just need to stay plain and simple...like SN*W! Plain and simple. Hope your snow cardio was a pleasure.

partsRheavy
12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
You are a brave girl to take advantage of the snow for cardio!!

I sorta had enough snow last year and moved out of the snow-zone....:p

Bryan Hildebrand
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
snowshoeing is my one great passion. but since I left seattle 10 years ago, I have only been a handful of times. awesome cardio for sure and its outside in the cold. perfect combo.

Sunnyday
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
OK, that's it...I'm praying for Maryland to get totally dumped on this season, so I can justify buying snowshoes for the whole family! I'd better buy them now, 'cause just a dusting seems to shut the whole state down and I wouldn't want my snowshoe order to get held up. Wimps.

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Go to hell, all of you...you snow and cold lovers! ;)

stephaniewicked
12-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Along for the ride...

I know my fellow NY/NJ friends will probably kill me for saying this, but send some snowflakes down this way! :)

When does prep start for you... late January?

tammyp
12-09-2010, 08:21 AM
i think its the first week of feb steph....we'll be miserable together!:)

3 degrees her this morning..walked radar after back and 25 min of step mill. its pretty..but you gotta dress for it.

Sunnyday
12-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Single digits?! Niiiiiiice! I'll bet it actually felt good after a nice hard WO.

Suzanne
12-09-2010, 02:14 PM
you KNOW I am jealous!!!

it was freaking 80 here yesterday and will be through the weekend. that isn't even right! plus i prefer to walk the dogs in the cold so i can wear pants and jacket and not get farmer tan!!

tammyp
12-10-2010, 08:16 AM
so it was 16 this morning...no dog/mamma walk this morning..instead i opted for an extra 20 mins cardio, and it was HELL. i dont understand how people can mentally do hours of cardio a day. at least being out side, is well outside.

hams and delts today. happy weekend:) hubby is off to a bench meet in lake george so im solo for the weekend:)

LisaRD23
12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow...stay warm Tammy!! I think I'd never leave my house in the winter months if I lived as far up as you do. I'm right here in North Jersey and I complain about 45 degree weather.

Sunnyday
12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I'll take the outdoor flavor over indoor any day of the week. I even tried real hard to like indoor cardio by taking a spin class. Still hated it. I have to do intervals and then it's not so bad, but it's still bad.

tammyp
12-11-2010, 02:08 PM
off lifting day..so the bug and i went for a snow shoe..hubby and his son are gone for the night for a bench meet so i am solo tonight:)

been productive...tree is up, wrapping is done and i have 6 loaves of naner bread in the oven right now... i rock!

AVBG
12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
You know what Tammy? I like you because you're a gutsy competitor.. Despite situations not always being ideal, you always manage to dig deep and grit through on the other side. I will be e-cheering you on!

tammyp
12-13-2010, 04:08 PM
i take that as a HUGE compliment..thank you!

got an email today a suit sponsorship i applied for i got! yey! suits by amy will be doing my suits this year...she does gorgeous work...very excited to have the opportunity.

Suzanne
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the suit sponsorship!

Send me some snow and cold :)

Sunnyday
12-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Heyyyy! Way to go, Tammy! Big congrats on the suit sponsorship!

Mama Muscle
12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the Sponsorship!!! :)

Melissa
12-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Congrats on the sponsorship! I can't wait to see what she puts together for you this year.

tammyp
12-14-2010, 06:13 AM
i think im going to do a green foil for pj. night show??? no idea yet....

Z33ACV2
12-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Congrats on the sponsorship, Tammy. :)

GirlyMuscle
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
What color is your hair going to be? Did you stay blonde or are you going back to red at some point?

tammyp
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
im red agian....been red since last april. ill never do blonde again..i looked ill~:(

friggin freezing today..high of 9 wo wind chill..hate hate hate super cold!

Bryan Hildebrand
12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
sorry babe, it is 81 here right now. ;)

stephaniewicked
12-14-2010, 06:47 PM
congrats on the sponsorship... awesome news!! :)

Sunnyday
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
It is a toasty 17 in Maryland right now! It snowed a bit this morning, enough for the kids to have some entertainment while they ate breakfast. Weather prediction is snow this weekend and also on Christmas Eve.

sweetjane57
12-14-2010, 10:38 PM
im red agian....been red since last april. ill never do blonde again..i looked ill~:(

the green foil will be PERFECT...I was gonna ask about the hair, but GM did it for me...lol.

Sunnyday
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Green foil!! :jump:

tammyp
12-15-2010, 11:46 AM
damn another cold day. its 7 and windy. im planning on snow shoeing but im being a wuss and in no rush. off trainng today. damn scale today...1st step 139, 2nd, 140 3rd 142. i should have quit while i was ahead!

GirlyMuscle
12-15-2010, 12:09 PM

Good. :) I like you better red. The green foil will go GREAT with red.

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Quick stop to say hello to you all.
It is also freezing in the windy city this morning when I when to the gym was 9°F !!!
How a Brazilian girl survive in this weather!

Anybody down in Florida needs a roommate for 4 months? I would migrate! :yep:

:peace2:
Elisa

Sunnyday
12-15-2010, 02:56 PM
damn another cold day. its 7 and windy. im planning on snow shoeing but im being a wuss and in no rush. off trainng today. damn scale today...1st step 139, 2nd, 140 3rd 142. i should have quit while i was ahead!

Forget the scale. Ignore it. Boycott it. Break it if you have to. I found my WOs and also my outlook on life went through the roof when I finally got off the scale - and stayed off for a good long while. I also lost 5 lbs. that way, without changing diet a bit. I set a date once a month or two and that's it. Same with the tape measure. It just messed with my head too much and I'm much happier without it dictating my moods. Something else I've done when I need to record my weight but I can just tell a bad # is going to ruin my day - step on the scale backwards and have someone else record my weight for me. Then I can look at it at the end of my day when knowing the # can't do any harm. ;)

tammyp
12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
good way to do it...im guilty of the scale mind fuck. my husband hates wed during my prep..its weigh in and pic day...and he has to deal w my mood:)

Sunnyday
12-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Hang in there, Tammy. It is soooo hard to shake off a disappointing # on the scale or bf%. Remember it is not a measure of self-worth, though that is easier said than done once the damage is already done. (preaching to myself here)

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM
LOl, do we get any picture?
are preparing for wish show?

Melissa
12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Aaahh yes, the universal language of scale-hating....something in which we're all fluent. Tam, when I get frustrated with my weight gain during the offseason (because I have my religious Saturday morning weigh-ins), I take a step back and look at my weight gain over the course of the month. I've often found that I've gained less weight over that time than I thought just due to flucutations and gaining 2 lbs one week, losing a pound another week, staying the same the next, etc. So, in reality, I'll have found that I only gained 3 or 4 pounds or so that month, as opposed to the 8 that it seems like somtimes. I hope the way I explained that makes sense:p

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
How do you guys manage to gain weight so fast... I trying to put some weight some... any tips?!

Melissa carbs cycle helps with weigh gain control?

I have also the ritual of weight in on Saturdays!

Elisa

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Congrats on the Sponsorship!!! :)

X2

Nice!

sweetjane57
12-15-2010, 10:10 PM
How do you guys manage to gain weight so fast... I trying to put some weight some... any tips?!

stop doing so much cardio;)

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-16-2010, 12:18 AM
stop doing so much cardio;)

Do I really need to quit cardio??? :babygirl:

It is just 30 minutes in the morning, moderate! I make sure My HR doesn't go over 65%...

Thanks guys for helping!

tammyp
12-16-2010, 06:09 AM
you shouldnt do any cardio when your trying to gain. 30 mins is alot of cardio!

tammyp
12-18-2010, 06:10 AM
hey girl!^ are you planning ny too? cool...i think prep starts first week of feb.

havent been here in the last few days simply bc i have nothing to say. busy with work lately ..so i am in hairdresser mode more than ifbb pro mode. heading out with a gf after i work the morning for a nice hilly snow shoe. other than that, its a quiet peaceful weekend:)

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-18-2010, 10:31 AM
:gm:
quiet peaceful weekend:) here too?

Hot Chocolate and fire place?

I wish you all a great week-end!

Elisa Charm

tammyp
12-19-2010, 06:27 AM
my god my ass/ legs are on fire today from my show shoe yesterday. its gotta be the best cardio on the planet. especially after a fresh snow. and once it warms up, ill be at it again later today. its -2 this morning...brrrrrr!

we watched the expendibles last night. awesome movie! damn sly still has an amazing body for a man his age....

all in all things are good. i am ansy to start prep. i dont know why. i always eat those words after i get into it. i am 15 lbs above weight. and i feel fat! i cant imagine gaining 30plus...this is hard enough to take off. so diet starts in 6 weeks....and i have not eaten white fish since my last prep.

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-19-2010, 12:15 PM
:gm:

Show Shoe, sounds like fun!... It is also really cold here in Chicago brrrrrrrr

I watched the despicable me with my family , so silly!

How many week are you out to you show....The of luck with your preparation...

Have a great Sunday!

Elisa Charm

tammyp
12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
i have been doing good this season to avoid eating crap...until today. i got 2 big cookie tins at work today from clients. ugh! so amazing~ i cant bake for crap and this stuff is to die for....needless to say i have a belly ache..and the toots~

The Prodigy
12-20-2010, 10:28 PM
i have been doing good this season to avoid eating crap...until today. i got 2 big cookie tins at work today from clients. ugh! so amazing~ i cant bake for crap and this stuff is to die for....needless to say i have a belly ache..and the toots~

the toots......LOL....I haven't heard that in years!!!

partsRheavy
12-20-2010, 11:53 PM
If you're body's not used to a lot of cookies.....and you ate a lot....

Grover will get his revenge!!

tammyp
12-21-2010, 06:03 AM
^thats cookie monster!:)

tammyp
12-23-2010, 05:44 AM
not much to say so i havent said anything....got my mamo and bone scan yesterday..fun...first mamo w implants. not a fun day. i feel like someone used me as a punching bag!

all ready for xmas,,,work today and a half tomorrow. got some new snow so im hoping i can sneak out early today~

stephaniewicked
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
all in all things are good. i am ansy to start prep. i dont know why. i always eat those words after i get into it.

Me either! I'm planning for a long season so I'm mentally bracing myself, but I know that I feel better once I'm back into my prep routine and not letting distractions (and additional carbs) get the best of me!

I watched the despicable me with my family , so silly!

I'm dying to watch that... "It's so fluffyyyy!!!" lol

not much to say so i havent said anything....got my mamo and bone scan yesterday..fun...first mamo w implants. not a fun day. i feel like someone used me as a punching bag!

all ready for xmas,,,work today and a half tomorrow. got some new snow so im hoping i can sneak out early today~

Ouch... hope the boobies feel better! It's all for a greater good though, right? The week is almost over and Santa will be here tomorrow. Were you a good girl this year? :) Merry Christmas, Tam!!

tammyp
12-24-2010, 05:34 AM
ugh. up at 430 to make my cranberry bundt cake. i borrowed the pan from a gf and she needs it later so this is it...no worry that i will be asleep when santa comes tonight!

working til 1 or 2...really want to see little fockers tonight but wes not wanting to deal w the tourists. crazy week here in our little ski town.

everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY food wo guilt tomorrow!:hmn:

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-26-2010, 01:38 AM
:gn:

♥¸¸.•*¨* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. Your support and encouragement in 2010 has been so motivational*¨*•¸¸♥

Elisa Charm

tammyp
12-26-2010, 03:46 PM
my god please tell me i am not the only one that feels like a gigantic fat ass today. ugh. how people eat like shit all the time is beyond me. no wonder the world is full of grumpy assholes!

my christmas was nice and quiet. spent w hubs and my parents. i am really lucky to have my parents and have them be in good health at thier ages. (mom will be 80, dad 79) today i am a total laze. walked radar and have been a couch monkey for the day. so glad i didnt have to work!

Sunnyday
12-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Tammy, you are not alone. All my holiday visitors brought cookies to my household and that is bad, very bad. I have been a total cookie whore this weekend and consequently I feel (and sound and smell) awful. I truly don't know how the rest of my family eats like this and can stand themselves! They truly eat like this all the time. EEWWW! I think I'll need at least a week to recover. I can't wait for everyone to get back to work and school so I can get back to eating squeaky clean. I'll just be grumpy due to all the New Year's resolutioners at the gym, but I'll take them over the fat-ass feeling I have right now any day.

Just remember, this is only a temporary experience (for us!). ;-)

tammyp
12-28-2010, 08:28 AM
damn its cold here! i just walked radar and it was 3, and windy. i love winter, but hate the uber cold.

was all ready to get back on diet yesterday and i got yet another bag of yummies. home made buck eyes. omg amazing...so TODAY dammit,,,no more crap!

Jodie
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I just got back on mine too Tammy. Its gonna be hell the first week or so, but hopefully it will level back off soon.

Stay warm!

Melissa
12-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Hey woman!! Just checking in to make sure you haven't lost your head up your derierre over the holidays:p

Hope you're doing well up north and that training has been good. Have a very happy New Years!!:hmn:

LisaRD23
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
damn its cold here! i just walked radar and it was 3, and windy. i love winter, but hate the uber cold.

was all ready to get back on diet yesterday and i got yet another bag of yummies. home made buck eyes. omg amazing...so TODAY dammit,,,no more crap!

We finally just finished all the Christmas desserts in my house last night- no more!!!

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey Tammy. Just checking in with ya. Nice new avi!

tammyp
12-30-2010, 04:31 PM
hello all...again, i have had not much to say....i am off the food crap now thank god. no plans for nye...never do. this town is a cluster fuck this week w all the skiiers/tourists/idiots here. locals hide..and since i dont drink, am sick of food and low on cash...home i stay:)

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I get that. I've never really been a NYE type of person. Too many drunken, party hungry yahoos in the bars and/or on the roads spoil the fun for those of us few and far betwen responsible souls. If I were a local in your neck of the woods, yeah I'd store up some necessities and hunker down til the fashion show dissipates.

tammyp
01-01-2011, 06:52 AM
happy new year....welcome 2011~:flowers:

i guess 2010 wasnt too bad of a year. i moved my salon, got sponsored by species, improved for my pro debut and got my mustang. the bad...we lost our buddy hawkeye in april. i still miss him and swear i see him out of the corner of my eye constantly.

the things that i wish would stay in 2010:

the constant bla bla bla of womans body building.

from the hairdressers side...big chunky skunky high lights. :no:

turning 40.:hypno:

my constant love/hate (mostly hate) relationship w my off season self.

things to look forward to in 2011:

the WPD...excited to see this play out.

better business w the upswing in the economy

placing better at the NY pro in may

and as my journal title states...getting my head out of my ass.

Prep starts in 5 weeks. i am doing my pre diet diet... i am way to middle thick and not comfortable. i dont know how people can gain 30 plus lbs off season. im about 16 up and i hate it. being short doesnt help me either.

so today is a new start.....its on like donkey kong~

janet kaufman
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Happy new year. kick some ass in 2011.

Sunnyday
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
x2!!

partsRheavy
01-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Happy New Year!!! I also hope that the economy improves!!

tammyp
01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
prep starts in about 4 weeks. feels good to get back on track and get off the holiday crap fest and start focusing again.

got my pratice today meeting a new client for posing. kinda got the fire in my belly going..which i really needed.

janet kaufman
01-05-2011, 10:40 PM
it is amazing how being around someone that is prepping gets that fire burning. I am excited for you. going to be great year!!!

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Tammy, you used Colette for your posing routine last year, didn't you? Do you have video of it anywhere? I want to hire someone this year to do my routine. I suck at it. I can pose but I can't put together a cool routine. I'm not very dancey so anything too complicated will be out of the question.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-06-2011, 11:01 AM
so the large russsett potato, 7 slices of turkey bacon, 7 whole omega eggs and 4oz extra sharp tillamook cheddar I am eating right now are not part of your pre prep are they? I'll send you some if they are... ;)

tammyp
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
hardy bryan!

there isnt any vid that i am aware of. colette has done mine since 07. shes awesome. theres bit and peices of last years when dave interviewed at NA.

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Cool..thanks. I'll go check that out.

FBB ELISA CHARM
01-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone,

I am also considering hiring Collete for my routine.

I wish you all a great day. Restarting training on Monday.

Elisa Charm

tammyp
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
4 weeks from today is D day for me. im ready though!

such a mind screw w me these past months as you know. from the wpd to fbbing and all the bs surrounding it i am struggling to see where i will hapyy and fit in. i said to my hubby my arms seem small..and he said thats good right? and im LIKE NO! he said i thought you wanted to down size? and it got me thinking...i dont know wha tthe fuck i want. so i decided something today. i am a bodybuilder. at least i am for now and this season. so i am not stressing it. i am going to prep and see how the year unfolds. i have stressed over this and its stupid and a waste of energy. im worrying about something that is still so far away.

tammyp
01-10-2011, 08:18 AM
started back on my fst 7 training today and i have a feeling i am going to be sore this week. love that training program!

lots of snow fell yesterday which makes for good entertainment for me! love fresh fluffy snow~!

stephaniewicked
01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't think of you as anything other than a bodybuilder, so that's what you are to me too! :p

I know it's probably been hard not to stress the last few months over all the hearsay (and I'm the last person who should be telling something not to stress about something), but it sounds like you have the right attitude to keep doing what you're doing - at least, for now - because that's all you can do. Do work, and be your best you for the stage!

Enjoy the final four weeks!

tammyp
01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
quads and bis today

ext 4x 20 15 12 10
front sq 3x12
hacks 3x10
press 7x12

hammers 3x 12 10 10
cc 3 x 12
db 3 x 12 10 10
cable 7 x 8-10

step mill intervals 20 mins. dog walk 25 mins

i hear ya steph. and i shouldnt care what people think or say but it does wear you down after while. just gonna keep on keepin on!

Bryan Hildebrand
01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
trust me tammy, worrying about others opinions and metaphors for "supposed to be" is stressful and counterproductive.

smile a lot, work hard and in the end, you will find that your efforts paid off for you and not the clueless pundits.

tammyp
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
^ you are right. and that is the attitude i am having. bucking up...and doing what i do.

we have gotten some good snow fall and i went out and played. love it. this place is gorgeous in the winter. like a xmas card. day off from lifting and work so i am enjoying a day at home. watching salon takeover that i had dvr-ed. love that show! makes me appreciate my salon and my staff. nothing like the salons they have on there.

The Prodigy
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
quads and bis today

ext 4x 20 15 12 10
front sq 3x12
hacks 3x10
press 7x12

hammers 3x 12 10 10
cc 3 x 12
db 3 x 12 10 10
cable 7 x 8-10

step mill intervals 20 mins. dog walk 25 mins

i hear ya steph. and i shouldnt care what people think or say but it does wear you down after while. just gonna keep on keepin on!

I agree! It is hard not to listen! This is why I have chosen to only surround myself with positive people. Life is hard enough as is!

stephaniewicked
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I love Tabitha! She has to deal with some serious characters... I only caught part of an episode of the new season so far. I have lots of catching up to do. Glad you're enjoying the rest day!

tammyp
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree! It is hard not to listen! This is why I have chosen to only surround myself with positive people. Life is hard enough as is!

i do. i have a no drama policy. i only associate with like people....normal, focused and DRAMA free. i dont have the time or energy to deal with cluster fucks! lol.... it may sound ez but not in this sport!:hypno:

Suzanne
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
^ you are right. and that is the attitude i am having. bucking up...and doing what i do.

we have gotten some good snow fall and i went out and played. love it. this place is gorgeous in the winter. like a xmas card. day off from lifting and work so i am enjoying a day at home. watching salon takeover that i had dvr-ed. love that show! makes me appreciate my salon and my staff. nothing like the salons they have on there.

I watch Salon Takeover lol

I wanna come live with you in the winter and play in the snow!!

You and i do same cardio 20 min intervals and doggy walk i take mine 30 min but not in the snow :-(

tammyp
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
i snow shoed today and it was amazing. radar was pooped. its alot of work to break trail w those lil legs!

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
i snow shoed today and it was amazing. radar was pooped. its alot of work to break trail w those lil legs!
You are too funny. I never thought I would ever meet someone who wanted more snow. I am from Boston, and I hated the snow. Couldn't wait to get away from it. The only reason I am not in California, is because my husband refuses to go somewhere warm.

tammyp
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
i look at it this way. hating it wont make the winter go by faster, i will just be miserable. once i started winter sports i learned to like winter. by march though im sick of it!

Suzanne
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM

I remember trudging thru snow with the dogs when sidewalk or park not shoveled and it would be up to my knees us shorties work harder lol I just had boots and yak trax

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
i look at it this way. hating it wont make the winter go by faster, i will just be miserable. once i started winter sports i learned to like winter. by march though im sick of it!
I bow to you. I still don't like it. I liked it maybe once. The first and last time I went cross country skiing. LOL!

Sunnyday
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I watch Salon Takeover lol

I wanna come live with you in the winter and play in the snow!!

You and i do same cardio 20 min intervals and doggy walk i take mine 30 min but not in the snow :-(

Me too! :jump:

tammyp
01-13-2011, 05:43 AM
come on over..i need some like people here anyway~

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm thinking that since I'll probably be stuck in a winter at least once more in my life I might as well learn to live with it. I hate to say it but if I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle I might hate it less. I'm just so reluctant to give up my convertible. I also need to buy a long super duper warm winter coat. Or a snow suit. I'd have to wear it indoors too. Haven't been warm in weeks unless I'm in bed.

tammyp
01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
4 x 4 is a must here. the mustang wouldnt make it out the driveway in the winter! thATs off the road til may. if you prepare..its not so bad.

back width today
wgpu 10 8 8
wgpd 12 12 10 10
bb row 12 12 10 10
sapd 7s 12

stepmill 20, radar walk, 30

Bryan Hildebrand
01-13-2011, 09:52 AM
it snowed here for about a blink of an eye yesterday. cold and very gray. I miss the snow. peaceful, elegant, serene. it has been in the single digits in the morning, mid 20's daytime. sallyanne comes for a visit tomorrow and its supposed to be 50's.

Sunnyday
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm thinking that since I'll probably be stuck in a winter at least once more in my life I might as well learn to live with it. I hate to say it but if I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle I might hate it less. I'm just so reluctant to give up my convertible. I also need to buy a long super duper warm winter coat. Or a snow suit. I'd have to wear it indoors too. Haven't been warm in weeks unless I'm in bed.

GM, I have these:

http://www.hotchillys.com/products/productdetail/La+Montana+Women%27s+Yoked+Zip-T/part_number=HC4036/1520.1.1.1.33766.24972.0.0.0?pp=8&

bottom
http://www.hotchillys.com/products/productdetail/La+Montana+Women%27s+Bottom/part_number=HC4043/1520.1.1.1.33766.24972.0.0.0?pp=8&

Expedition weight base layer. They are great. I am always cold and with these I am finally comfortable. I wear them alone like sweats or as long underwear. I even sleep in them sometimes. I trained in winter for a half-marathon with them and also bring them with me camping in northern Ontario in summer. Looks like micro-fleece but windproof as can be. Can't say enough good things about 'em.

Maybe they could work for you too? :hugme:

tammyp
01-15-2011, 09:53 AM
pet peave of the day: sayiny text-ED instead of textD....and bought-EN instead of bought. were these people raised in a barn?:confused:

3 weeks til prep starts. had a good training week. added a few new moves into my shoulder routines these past couple weeks and yowza..feeling that.

snow shoed already, i have to go in to work in a bit then i meet my guy for posing pratice. day will be over before i know it! -4 when i got up and snow shoed at 0. thank god you work up a good sweat...radars coat was needed this morning.

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm all for new delt exercises. What did you do?

tammyp
01-15-2011, 10:26 AM
rack slides, full range over head laterals and scot presses.

tammyp
01-17-2011, 08:02 AM
-20 this morning...so needless to say radar didnt get much of a walk:mad:

chest n tris
flat bb 15 12 10 8
sm incline 10 10 10
fly 7x12

cgbp 8 8 8
dip 12 12 12
skulls 12 12 9
pd 7x12

30 min intervals since no walk

tammyp
01-18-2011, 08:39 AM
50 degrees warmer today...its 30, yesterday was -20. gotta love winter in the NE.

quads & bis

ext 15 12 10 10
front sq 3x12
press 3x12
hacks 7x10

cc 10 10 10
hammers 12 10 8
db curl 12 10 10
spyder cable 5x8...fried..couldnt get the last 2 sets:mad:

got my flight booked for the AC the other day. going to a blast...species has such fun people ....so looking forward to it. ill be dieting and this is a PITA but the surrounding will keep me motivated. we have uber cute outfits this year...yey!

stephaniewicked
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I knew you got crazy weather up there, but 50 degrees overnight? Geez...

Now that everyone seems to be getting their Arnold stuff together, it's reminding me that I should get on that soon! Can't wait!!!

tammyp
01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
off day of work and the gym..went for a nice snow shoe this morning..and my quads were already sore from yesterday~ radar is pooped too. we broke trail on a good hill climb and lets just say IMO its the best cardio on the planet~

off to the dentist this afternoon..woo ha.

Suzanne
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
off day of work and the gym..went for a nice snow shoe this morning..and my quads were already sore from yesterday~ radar is pooped too. we broke trail on a good hill climb and lets just say IMO its the best cardio on the planet~

off to the dentist this afternoon..woo ha.

I prob wouldn't mind that kind of cardio! and the dogs would sure love it!!!

tammyp
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
back width abs
wgpu 10 8 8
wgpd 12 10 8 8
bb row oh grip 12 10 10 8
sapd 7x 10

other than that i got nuthin.

Sunnyday
01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
No wonder! That's a whole lotta somethin' WO. Prob too tired to do more than nuthin' afterward, LOL!

wildcat22
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
sounds like things are going well for you!! Give me a call we need to catch up!!

tammyp
01-22-2011, 10:31 AM
18 WEEKS...weight is holding at 143. which i suppose is fine, im not really trying ..just being careful.

uber cold here this weekend....0 right now and tomorrow HIGH is -2. love winter. hate this cold.

im currently on hold w united...grrr....they are changing my flight for the AC already. piss me off. i hate the BS of air travel.

off training today...going to go snow shoeing when and if it warms up later today.

Sunnyday
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I think it is warmer than that in my freezer right now, LOL!

tammyp
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
-25 this am..holy jeepers! they cancelled school....buses arent starting....i hate cold!

chest and tris today

flat bb 12 10 10 8
sm incline 3x10
fly 7s 10

cgbp 3x8
tate press 3x12
skulls 3x12
rope pd 7s 10

SS stepmill for 30. no walk for radar..he sat right by the step mlll and was so sad when we didnt go.

Suzanne
01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
-25 this am..holy jeepers! they cancelled school....buses arent starting....i hate cold!

chest and tris today

flat bb 12 10 10 8
sm incline 3x10
fly 7s 10

cgbp 3x8
tate press 3x12
skulls 3x12
rope pd 7s 10

SS stepmill for 30. no walk for radar..he sat right by the step mlll and was so sad when we didnt go.

brrrr now that's chilly!

my guys get sad too if we don't go for some reason. they know exactly when it's time to go and will start harassing me lol

tammyp
01-25-2011, 08:13 AM
8 out..its summer!:hypno: at least that frigid cold broke and we can function.

quads and bis

ext 15 12 10 10
front squat 15 15 12
split squats sm 12 12 12
hacks 7s 12

hammers 12 10 8
cc 12 12 10
seated db 10 10 10

Sunnyday
01-25-2011, 02:30 PM

chest and tris today

flat bb 12 10 10 8
sm incline 3x10
fly 7s 10

cgbp 3x8
tate press 3x12
skulls 3x12
rope pd 7s 10

Yowza! Now THAT is some serious cold!

The coldest I had ever experienced when I lived in Burlington, VT was -20. I remember it was really windy that day and the wind made it feel like -40. I couldn't stand my corgi's begging for her walk so I bundled up with ski goggles and all and took her out for a bone-chilling walk. I took off the goggles for a moment and I could literally see the steam coming off of my own eyes! When I came inside, I noticed I had icicles on my eyelashes. Fun for a moment, but I don't think I'd ever attempt that again, though. :hypno:

tammyp
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
back and abs today

cgpd 12 10 10 8
rgpd 15 12 10 10
bb row 12 12 12
cable row 12 12 1 2
SAPD 12 12 10

today is my friday..heading to buffalo tomorrow to visit my bff in her new house...long drive,,,i hate that.....

Sunnyday
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Buffalo is probably...5 hours from you I would guess? Did you guys get any of the snow we got down here? I've only heard reports as far north as NYC with 18" over the last 48 hours.

tammyp
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
its about 6 to her house. we got NONE....but imo we have plenty right now. i think ny and ct got more than we have this year.

stephaniewicked
01-27-2011, 06:59 PM
its about 6 to her house. we got NONE....but imo we have plenty right now. i think ny and ct got more than we have this year.

Wow, that's about how far you are from me... maybe a little under. When I drove to Montreal in 2006, it took us about 6-6.5 hours.

And yeah, I heard on the news this morning that this was the snowiest January on record. The shopping centers have mounds of snow so high that they look like mini mountains... and we still have another month or so to go. Last year, we got hit with 2 big snow storms in February, so who knows what this year will bring. Not that I'm complaining! :)

tammyp
01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
here i am in buffalo ...hit the ccf for dinner lASt night and a bit of shopping. i was good..no cheesecake for me. just nice to be catching up and having some girl time.

talked to george a bit this morning..gotta get pics to him this week...god i hate 16 week out pics...seriously? its like yeah...im fat...do u really need to see it? i know i dont get as bad as some, but come on...

Bryan Hildebrand
01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I have eaten at that CCF many times. the black and blue steak house across the street is pretty darn good too. where in buffalo are you staying? I used to live 15 mins SE in Elma. great restaurant down there called the blue light cafe. amazing.

Sunnyday
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd tell you to go get some wings but I wouldn't want you to have our bad experience eating wings in Buffalo LOL!

My husband lived in Lockport from high school through college (Buff State of course). He put himself through school working in a pizza place and learned to make killer pizza and wings. I never had great wings until my husband made them for the first time. They are my favorite cheat.

So after we were married he wanted to take me and my daughter to see his folks in Northern Ontario (3 looonng days in the car!). We stopped in Buffalo along the way to get wings. We were soooo disappointed! We decided then and there we wouldn't eat wings anywhere else other than homemade. :D

Bryan Hildebrand
01-29-2011, 03:00 PM
every tom dick and mary makes wings in buffalo. 400 different types of wing sauce at the grocery too. most suck. just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

anchor bar of course is the originator.

stephaniewicked
01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Last time I went to CCF was a week after Team U and I was still trying to "be good". Well, it wasn't meant to be. The salad I ordered came with like an ounce of chicken. I was starving when we left! That'll teach me...

Glad you're having fun... I wanna go shopping! Get anything good?

Ugh, pre-prep pix suck. Speaking of, I still owe you some... oops! :emb:

tammyp
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM
i stayed w my bff ..she is in orchard park. i was bad yesterday....i made choc chip cookies and oatmeal bars w her kids and we had chips and salsa for dinner bc i was too full from cookies~ needless to say..i have had a light eating day..and took a snow show when i got home.

i hate wings...bla.....

tammyp
02-01-2011, 08:26 AM
i am so not in the mood to post in here today. this whole cancelation of the ny pro has me very discouraged and fearful that this will be the trend for the year.

so if all stays on the rouster...looks like toronto and hartford. both are a drive for me....and i havent been to toronto since i was a kid.

so well see......

Sunnyday
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM
So bummed for you, Tammy. :flowers:

From the sounds of it, it came as a big shock to everyone. Lots of confidence betwen key people has been broken. Hope it will be even better for you at Toronto and Hartford.

Bryan Hildebrand
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
something about hartford I really like. was there just a few months ago. toronto is beautiful. really disheartening form a number of perspectives about the NY show. one, that the IFBB continues to shit on its athletes. the first people who should have been notified of the cancelation should have been the athletes. not some random postings and deletions from websites. sorry to you tammy and the other girls who ahve planned their year around the NY pro. unfortunatley, I believe steve w speaks in half truths and until he makes a public statement about the future of womens bodybuilding, his word is worth nothing.

partsRheavy
02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm bummed about this. It seems like the IFBB is giving the hard-working folks who are the gals who Lift Heavy.....the Bum's Rush.

At least in this day and age, they could communicate promptly....you'da Thunk.....:confused: :confused:

Just to say I symp. with ya!!!

stephaniewicked
02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Just wanted to pop in for a quick :hugme:!

Almost AC time... one month to go!!!

tammyp
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
off work today and the gym. got in an ass kicking snow shoe this morning and have been home bound today due to the storm. we are getting over 2 inches of snow an hour and its a white out. love being home watching it....18 + due by morning.....

not much to say today....i got a lentil/brown rice dish in the oven for dinner and it smells heavenly!

Sunnyday
02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
:jump:

Yay for snow!! Sigh...we are only getting rain from this. Wish it was snow.

partsRheavy
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Mmmmmm!!! Add some chicken and olive oil and a little bit of Hummus and I'm right there with that dish on a cold evening!!!! (and maybe some hot tea...)

Chicken shawarma FTW!! :p

off work today and the gym. got in an ass kicking snow shoe this morning and have been home bound today due to the storm. we are getting over 2 inches of snow an hour and its a white out. love being home watching it....18 + due by morning.....

not much to say today....i got a lentil/brown rice dish in the oven for dinner and it smells heavenly!

tammyp
02-03-2011, 08:19 AM
we got about 14...not as much as predicted..but are to get more sat and tues...this reminds me of winters when i was a kid.

back width ..awesome wo today...

wgpd 7s x10
db row 3x10
pull over 3x12
rgpd 3x10
sapd 7 x10

am getting excited for the arnold..got our room assignments and we are at an awesome hotel this year...should make dieting then much easier. the thought of that is motivating much more than starting prep. bonus toronto hotels are cheaper but its a longer drive for me..i hope to break it up and hit my gf in buffalo the wed beofre so i just have a 2 hr drive in. still a long ways away, but i am an anal planner.

Michelle Brent
02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Tammy were do you live?? Bill and I were thinking of making it to watch! something new and exciting and make it a small vacation(even though I will be dieting lol) It would be like an 8 hr drive for us!

SallyAnne
02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
i am so not in the mood to post in here today. this whole cancelation of the ny pro has me very discouraged and fearful that this will be the trend for the year.

so if all stays on the rouster...looks like toronto and hartford. both are a drive for me....and i havent been to toronto since i was a kid.

so well see......

I'll miss Hartford again this year because it's the same weekend as the USA's. ???? Why they did this, I have no idea. 2 HUGE shows the same dates?

Looking forward to seeing you at the Arnold, Tam. Let's plan a night out for dinner or something early before the madness starts. Do you know your flight dates yet?

tammyp
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
im in lake placid ny michelle.

im in early afternoon thursday. id love that sal! and toronto is the same weekend as jr nationals. i dont get it:(

FBB ELISA CHARM
02-04-2011, 03:14 AM
What do you mean? You won't be here in Chicago for the Jr Nationals? :sad:

tammyp
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
i cant afford to travel to shows im not competing in..i wish!

so today isnt my TGIF..working tomorrow:( but got some good news today...my friend got us repeat seats for womens finals 2 rows behind the press box. last year sly and arnold were in the seats in front of us.

hams n delts

curls 7x10
SLDL low back is so tight i was a wuss on these 3x10
curls 7x10

side raises 7x10
milt press 3x10
fron raise 3x10
sm press 7x8-10
bo laterals 7x10

this phase of fst 7 is hard~ but love it!

tammyp
02-06-2011, 08:30 AM
another 10 inches of snow. christ this is nuts.

back thickness

v bar pd 7x10-12
low cable row 3x12
t bat 3x10
db pulls off bench 3 x8-10 nervous here...my low back is still off
db shrug 7x12

going for a snow shoe in a bit up mt baker, a 1 mile up mt here..i sure hope someone goes up b4 i do...or it will be a major ass kicker~

stephaniewicked
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
You are killing the winter cardio this year!!

tammyp
02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
so my DOMS kicked in from my snow shoe yesterday...holy hell!

chest and tris today

incline DB 3x10
flat bb 3 x 15 12 10
incline fly 7x10

i HATE chest training..i do as little as possible:)

OH rope 7x10
cgbp 3 x 10
1 arm pd reverse grip 3x12
rope pd 7x10

cardio 20 am 20 pm....i know i know...way more than norm for a few weeks left of off season. but i saw my species outfit....good motivation to get my ass in gear~ we have a camp theme this year..so cute. i ordered a pair of camo blinged out ed hardy skids...cant wait to see them!

stephaniewicked
02-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Really?? I love training chest! It's one of my favorite bodyparts to do...

I can't wait to see the AC outfits!

partsRheavy
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I like chest, too!!!!

The outfits sound fun!!!!

janet kaufman
02-07-2011, 11:27 PM

so well see......

I read about this. It sucks!!! Hang in there!:hugme:

tammyp
02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
more snow...seriously? you cant see over the banks, its an accident waiting to happen.

quads and bis

i am so quad frustrated. i bang the snot out of them and i am still straight up and down. grrrr.

ext 7x10
front sq3x10
1 leg press 3x12
hacks 7x10

cable curl 7x10
cc 3x12
spider curl3x10
hammers 3x8

Melissa
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I bet those 7x10 on hacks will give you some good sweep in time...keep banging the snot outta them;)

tammyp
02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
off today from work and lifting. did a HI snow shoe this morning w radar...he walked behind me...he was like fawk that trail breaking crap mama! house work, caught up w a friend....boring stuff. oh and i did an interview for jason adams blog.

tonight is my DVR of southland, parenthood and the good wife. loving me tuesday night tv!

tammyp
02-10-2011, 07:58 AM
back width cardio

wgpd 7x 12 -10
bb row 3x10
wgpd 10 8 6
sapd 3x10
pullovers 7x12

step 40min

stephaniewicked
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
What did you think of last week's Grey's? I was disappointed... Not sure why, just wasn't as great as I was hoping it would be after a few weeks off. Tonight better be good!

tammyp
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
^ ditto. i wanted to slap cali for being such a head case. this year has been kinda boring to me..i hope it picks up. this triangle should be interesting though~

stephaniewicked
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Completely agree... didn't know if it was just me or not. I hear they're doing a musical episode soon. Really not sure how I feel about that...

tammyp
02-11-2011, 05:33 AM
i hate it when shows do that and "dream" episodes..waste of time...

tammyp
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
18 weeks til toronto....19 days til the AC.

got my species outfit yesterday...very cute...but tiny! so im kicking ass these next couple weeks so i can look my best...and i got my ed hardy shoes to match...bad azz! love them...steph you will wanna steal them off my feet:)

not much this weekend.....just snow shoed for my round 1 of cardio....house work, got some stuff to list on ebay..nothing too exciting....

tammyp
02-14-2011, 08:04 AM
chest tris

bb press 4x 10 10 8 8
incline db 3x10
dips 3x10
fly 3 x10

pd 4x10
cgbp 3x8
skulls 3x8
rope pd 3x10

other than that...i got nuthin.

stephaniewicked
02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to see the shoes!! :) The outfit is super cute too... I'm getting so psyched for that weekend!

tammyp
02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
quads n bis

ext 4x10
hacks 3x10
press 3x10
squat 3x10
split sm squat 3x10

spider curls 3x10
hammers 3x8
cable 3x10

freezing this morning...-4 but super windy. poo.

LisaRD23
02-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Geeze -4? I don't know how you do it Tammy! I would not leave my house if I were you!

Suzanne
02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
windy sucks!!!!

tammyp
02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
off day of weights but not cardio. i had a blood sugar crash on the step mill today, cold clamy sweats and light headed. had an apple and i was fine. meeting a prep client soon for posing and to o ver diet..his first show..i hope the diet doenst scare him off~

tammyp
02-19-2011, 01:46 PM
17 weeks out..but i am dieting for the ac like im 2! i got a hot outfit to wear and im going to be the best i can be sporting it!

40 mins cardio, no weights today. worked this morning and now im doing house work and updating my ipod. i pretty much cleaned it out and am starting it over. just dl life houses latest ...OMG love it! need new tunes to start prep with.

stephaniewicked
02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I like Lifehouse! Thanks to you, I'm gonna go download some stuff too now... I've been on a spree the last couple weeks, getting back into my harder rock/metal stuff again. It's been good motivation...

Woohoo... 2 weeks!!!! I'm getting in on Friday morning, so I'll be heading over to the expo as soon as I can! :)

tammyp
02-20-2011, 05:34 AM
you know where ill be:)

tammyp
02-22-2011, 08:10 AM
-16 this morning..holy fawk....brutal out!

pics off to george tomorrow and see where we are at..prep starts sat. though it pretty much did 2 weeks ago getting ready for the AC. getting excited...blinged out my lid:)

stephaniewicked
02-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Hehe, I saw that on facebook. Looks like your dress that you blinged out for the Europa last year. So cute! :)

We had a heat wave last week. It got up into the 70s on Friday... absolutely gorgeous out! Today it's 21, but I'm not complaining... just enjoying the final days/weeks of winter.

tammyp
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
prep begins..time to start a new journal!