PDA

View Full Version : American Gladiators or Strongman TV

PowerCoach
12-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I would love to hear opinions on how a sport as demanding and entertaining as Strongman, featuring what I feel are the best athletes in the world is not a weekly competitve TV show, ala American Gladiators or even Ninja Warrior on G4....I mean, they are so out of ideas for television that they brought back American Gladiators from over a decade ago....

Example.....If TNA wrestling can have a weekly show broadcast from the same television studio facility, Strongman can do the same.

Maybe it needs to start on local access cable...hell, I know of several indie wrestling promotions that have achieved that as a broadcast mainstay for years....with all the strongman guys we have here in Texas....we just may need to take that step.

Discuss........

robert da strongman
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
strongman...someone get a studio and camera. i make a great vanna white

ray_bcmb
12-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Strongman is the awesome! It would be great to see it make it to NBC. The sport definitely needs more momentum to get there. Leverage the power of the web with sites like this. Announce, shoot and edit events, then broadcast over the web, podcast.

Need to have professionally designed scoreboards, lower 3rd banners event intros animations and video? I do graphics for television, It's allot of work to put in if it don't get good return for advertisers time.

Just look at when WSM is broadcast on ESPN 2? This time of year? Slow to no viewers, just filling dead airplay, that goes for Ninja Warrior too. I got my DVR fired up tho for WSM.

The web is where its at right now. If it's a badass production, you'll be fortunate to get a look from a cable channel like VS.

wolverine565
12-17-2010, 10:29 PM
sounds awesome. I got some ideas for some strongman shows.

Brian Carley
12-18-2010, 12:52 AM
I know Spike was throwing around the idea of doing a strongman show, don't know whatever happened with it.

It would make a great show and have the winner get an invite to the Arnold Amateur or a bigger show.

Hit-Girl
12-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I would love to hear opinions on how a sport as demanding and entertaining as Strongman, featuring what I feel are the best athletes in the world is not a weekly competitve TV show, ala American Gladiators or even Ninja Warrior on G4....I mean, they are so out of ideas for television that they brought back American Gladiators from over a decade ago....

Example.....If TNA wrestling can have a weekly show broadcast from the same television studio facility, Strongman can do the same.

Maybe it needs to start on local access cable...hell, I know of several indie wrestling promotions that have achieved that as a broadcast mainstay for years....with all the strongman guys we have here in Texas....we just may need to take that step.

Discuss........
Was all over ESPN 2 back in the day, maybe it just started to drop in ratings.

Bull_Rhino
12-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Isn't Chris Bell doing a reality show about Strongmen?

Sandpig
12-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Was all over ESPN 2 back in the day, maybe it just started to drop in ratings.
But those were just old reruns. Right?

That would be awesome.

robert da strongman
12-18-2010, 11:52 AM

he is supposed to be

Hit-Girl
12-19-2010, 02:23 AM
But those were just old reruns. Right?

That would be awesome.
I think the old 70's or 80's reruns lead to new shows. They even tried a womens version.

Louis Costa
12-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Strongman is the awesome! It would be great to see it make it to NBC. The sport definitely needs more momentum to get there. Leverage the power of the web with sites like this. Announce, shoot and edit events, then broadcast over the web, podcast.

Need to have professionally designed scoreboards, lower 3rd banners event intros animations and video? I do graphics for television, It's allot of work to put in if it don't get good return for advertisers time.

Just look at when WSM is broadcast on ESPN 2? This time of year? Slow to no viewers, just filling dead airplay, that goes for Ninja Warrior too. I got my DVR fired up tho for WSM.

The web is where its at right now. If it's a badass production, you'll be fortunate to get a look from a cable channel like VS.

Finally. A visionary. I like this ideas. Always have. Someone has to say this is the plan..lets for forth and do it.

VP of American Strongman Federation is being interviewd by our Very own Ryan Bracewell this evening.

have a question or want to pose an idea to them....post it on here!

go to marunde and actually voice yoru opinion on a sport we all love. Mike Johnston is being interviewed tonight and has asked Ryan Bracewell to get any questions or concerns from the community so they can... set the record straight: You want your voice heard about SM: Voice it

robert da strongman
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
the competitors and promoters should help fix the situation. well run and promoted comps bring attention to the sport...too bad not many people understand that. as a promoter advertising should be part of getting the word out. not many people do that.

competitors should help...if you know you are competing talk it up to everyone. get flyers posted...get involved...too many guys i know are lumps of self centered shit who only want to lift. they have no idea about self promotion or marketing. and the fucking whining! jeesus...hearing whining strongmen makes a joke of the sport...sound like a bunch of girls.

rickiii
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
the competitors and promoters should help fix the situation. well run and promoted comps bring attention to the sport...too bad not many people understand that. as a promoter advertising should be part of getting the word out. not many people do that.

competitors should help...if you know you are competing talk it up to everyone. get flyers posted...get involved...too many guys i know are lumps of self centered shit who only want to lift. they have no idea about self promotion or marketing. and the fucking whining! jeesus...hearing whining strongmen makes a joke of the sport...sound like a bunch of girls.

Agree!

IMO, there is a lot that can be done to promote the local events.

TV, Radio, Newspaper, Gyms... team up with some charities, companies

Hmmm... may start asking around to see what people can come up with for promotional ideas. The more people start talking and sharing ideas, the more ...ummm... ya... you know what I mean