PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Schosek 15.5 Weeks Out of NPC Metropolitans

KevinSchosek
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey guys im not a frequent poster here but I took some update shots today and have a few questions. First off, here are the updated shots. Taken today December 21 after my 2nd meal at about 181-182 pounds.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01666.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01665.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01672-1.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01667.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01669.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01671.jpg

Okay so as I said above im around 181 pounds at 5' 7" tall and 21 years old. My goal is to compete as a middleweight at the NPC Metropolitans on April 9th and earn national qualification then compete at the Jr. USA's on May 21st.

I was wondering if anybody thinks I should start incorporating cheat meals into my diet? as of right now my diet is made up of chicken, 95/5 lean beef, tilapia, brown rice, yams, bananas apples and veggies. In the past I've never used cheat meals but i am starting to think they would be beneficial because I've never been this lean 15 weeks out of a contest. Any advice??? Thanks!

brockpower
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
First off, You look awesome bro... Great job!!!
Yes you do need atleast one cheat meal a week up until about 7 weeks out, Then reavaluate and go from there, Good Luck.

GENESIS
12-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Judging by the glute striations that you can already see, i would say you look more like two weeks out, and not 15.

Cheat meals will only help, just dont go overboard with it.

neofarq
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Strategically place ur cheat meal, i.e. after a lagging body part, the night before a big leg workout, after 2-3 consecutive low carb days. Don't eat total garbage for it either, eat a big meal of good quality proteins, carbs and fats; big pasta dish w a ton of meats, all u can eat sushi, really good BBQ joint. U get the drift.

On another note ur looking great!! Lean offseasons r the way to go!!

neofarq
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Ohhhhhh almost forgot!!!!!!! IHOP!!!!!! Great fucking place for a good cheat!

CHicken Fajita Omlette or Big Steak Omlette, egg whites only
double stack of whole grain pancakes w peanut butter on top and syrup!
BOOM! Thats it right there!

KevinSchosek
12-21-2010, 03:05 PM
First off, You look awesome bro... Great job!!!
Yes you do need atleast one cheat meal a week up until about 7 weeks out, Then reavaluate and go from there, Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice I'm going to start up with a cheat meal tomorrow after my leg day!

Judging by the glute striations that you can already see, i would say you look more like two weeks out, and not 15.

Cheat meals will only help, just dont go overboard with it.

Sounds good! It's gonna be tough not to go overboard on it haha but I'll keep it in line thanks!

Ohhhhhh almost forgot!!!!!!! IHOP!!!!!! Great fucking place for a good cheat!

CHicken Fajita Omlette or Big Steak Omlette, egg whites only
double stack of whole grain pancakes w peanut butter on top and syrup!
BOOM! Thats it right there!

mannn all of those are makin my mouth water right now haha i don't know of an ihop thats too close to me but i'll try and find something similar thanks for the reply!

Scoobysnacks
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Id need to know more honestly. I can see you are very lean id say with your goals you are about 6-7 weeks out. Remember guys he wants national qualification and to then go onto a national level show. 6-7 weeks is about right. Therefore you are about 7 weeks ahead of pace.

That said I also think you have about 8 lbs to shed, thats what Id be looking to get off you if I was prepping you. So about .5 per week no more and you should be ready to roll, thatd put you in about 174 shredded. Im talking 8 lbs fat here not just water drop you may end up less dunno.

My question to you is, what are your current macros?

What amount of fat/weight have you been losing per week?

Have you been pretty consistent or stuck at 181-182 for a while.

What is your cardio at.

Although I dont think a cheat meal will hurt ya, if you are eating like 400 carbs per week there would be a way Id do it over another way, etc. If you are low carbing it I may just say eat what you want for a certain number of hours.

I need more basically, but I commend you on being so lean so far out, you should look nasty.

The Big Sexy
12-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Kevin, if you want some legit responses like Scooby gave - make this same post in the Physique Critique forum (in this same sub-forum) - only judges and approved contest prep gurus will give you their input. Not that everyone else has a crappy opinion - but if you wanted opinion from guys who do this stuff for a living, physique critique is the forum for that.

KevinSchosek
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Id need to know more honestly. I can see you are very lean id say with your goals you are about 6-7 weeks out. Remember guys he wants national qualification and to then go onto a national level show. 6-7 weeks is about right. Therefore you are about 7 weeks ahead of pace.

That said I also think you have about 8 lbs to shed, thats what Id be looking to get off you if I was prepping you. So about .5 per week no more and you should be ready to roll, thatd put you in about 174 shredded. Im talking 8 lbs fat here not just water drop you may end up less dunno.

My question to you is, what are your current macros?

What amount of fat/weight have you been losing per week?

Have you been pretty consistent or stuck at 181-182 for a while.

What is your cardio at.

Although I dont think a cheat meal will hurt ya, if you are eating like 400 carbs per week there would be a way Id do it over another way, etc. If you are low carbing it I may just say eat what you want for a certain number of hours.

I need more basically, but I commend you on being so lean so far out, you should look nasty.

Thanks for in depth response I appreciate ya taking that kinda time...right now my macros are pretty high (although I'm not keeping exact track or anything right now). I'll post my diet from a high macro day below this. I've only been 'prepping' for 8 days now so it's hard to say how much weight im losing per week but for what its worth I was about 184 when i began the diet and cardio, which is 10 mins warmup before my workout and 30 mins post workout at a low-intensity. and thanks for the compliments that means alot coming from you

Meal 1
1 Scoop Gaspari Real Mass
1 Banana

Meal 2
5 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs

Meal 3
1 Cup Brown Rice (Cooked)
8 Oz. Ground Hamburger - 95/5

Meal 4 - Pre-Workout
5 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Tilapia

Meal 5 - Immediately Post-Workout, before my cardio session
2 Scoops Gaspari Real Mass
1 Banana

Meal 6
1.5 Cups Brown Rice (Cooked)
4 oz. Sweet Potatoes
7 oz. Ground Burger - 95/5

Meal 7 - I'll get this in around 10 pm tonight before bed. Most likely to be 4-6 oz. tilapia with a cup of brown rice.

Kevin, if you want some legit responses like Scooby gave - make this same post in the Physique Critique forum (in this same sub-forum) - only judges and approved contest prep gurus will give you their input. Not that everyone else has a crappy opinion - but if you wanted opinion from guys who do this stuff for a living, physique critique is the forum for that.

Thanks for the heads-up! sorry i dont post on here too often but going off from the response ive gotten already i might go ahead and start posting quite a bit more. I'll start the thread over there now thanks again

KevinSchosek
12-21-2010, 05:32 PM
[quote=KevinSchosek;1274709]Hey guys im not a frequent poster here but I took some update shots today and have a few questions. First off, here are the updated shots. Taken today December 21 after my 2nd meal at about 181-182 pounds.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01666.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01665.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01672-1.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01667.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01669.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/DSC01671.jpg
Okay so as I said above im around 181 pounds at 5' 7" tall and 21 years old. My goal is to compete as a middleweight at the NPC Metropolitans on April 9th and earn national qualification then compete at the Jr. USA's on May 21st.

I was wondering if anybody thinks I should start incorporating cheat meals into my diet? I've been dieting for 8 days now and as of right now my diet is made up of chicken, 95/5 lean beef, tilapia, brown rice, yams, bananas apples and veggies (I'll post a sample day below). My cardio consists of 10 mins warmup before training, then 30 mins of low intensity post-workout after my shake and banana. In the past I've never used cheat meals but i am starting to think they would be beneficial because I've never been this lean 15 weeks out of a contest. Any advice??? Thanks!

Sample high macro day:
Meal 1
1 Banana

Meal 2
5 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs

Meal 3

Meal 4 - Pre-Workout
5 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Tilapia

Meal 5 - Immediately Post-Workout, before my cardio session
1 Banana

Meal 6
4 oz. Sweet Potatoes
7 oz. Ground Burger - 95/5

Meal 7 - I'll get this in around 10 pm tonight before bed. Most likely to be 4-6 oz. tilapia with a cup of brown rice.

neofarq
12-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Dump the Gaspari Real Mass for breakfast, replace with 1 CupOats, 10 eggwhites and 2 Omega eggs, I would switch the Banana to 1/2 cup BBerries
Meal 1
1 Banana

I think meal 2 is only 29g protein? May want to add 4 oz. Chicken to it.
Meal 2
5 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs

Meal 3

Meal 4 - Pre-Workout
5 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Tilapia

Meal 5 - Immediately Post-Workout, before my cardio session, Have PWO Supps post Cardio(if u take carbs ryt b4 cardio ur just burning them off during cardio rendering it useless cardio), again skip the Real Mass, I would opt for 2 Scoops EVOGEN w/ 1/2 Scoops Karbolyn or 2 Scoops Chaind Out and 1/2 Scoop Karbolyn
1 Banana

Meal 6
4 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Ground Burger - 95/5

8 oz. good quality top sirloin would be a good replacement for this pre-bed meal, ur body runs better of fats during sleep.

Diet looks pretty good in general, dump the Gaspari Real Mass, A mix of low GI/High GI carbs for breakfast, Keep your meat portions 8 oz. or so.

6 good whole food meals and one PWO shake of 10-15g of BCAA's and 25-30g of carbs.

Also mix in some quality dark green veggies. MRM Digestall is also a really good digestive enzyme to take w ur meat meals, helps digestion BIG TIME!

Jude2
12-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Kevin you look great for 15 weeks out. Yes you should have a cheat meal. You don't want your legs to become to stringy. Have you been dieting for 8 weeks or 8 days?

AVBG
12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
you look great..both threads merged.

KevinSchosek
12-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Dump the Gaspari Real Mass for breakfast, replace with 1 CupOats, 10 eggwhites and 2 Omega eggs, I would switch the Banana to 1/2 cup BBerries
Meal 1
1 Banana

I think meal 2 is only 29g protein? May want to add 4 oz. Chicken to it.
Meal 2
5 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs

Meal 3

Meal 4 - Pre-Workout
5 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Tilapia

Meal 5 - Immediately Post-Workout, before my cardio session, Have PWO Supps post Cardio(if u take carbs ryt b4 cardio ur just burning them off during cardio rendering it useless cardio), again skip the Real Mass, I would opt for 2 Scoops EVOGEN w/ 1/2 Scoops Karbolyn or 2 Scoops Chaind Out and 1/2 Scoop Karbolyn
1 Banana

Meal 6
4 oz. Sweet Potatoes
8 oz. Ground Burger - 95/5

8 oz. good quality top sirloin would be a good replacement for this pre-bed meal, ur body runs better of fats during sleep.

Diet looks pretty good in general, dump the Gaspari Real Mass, A mix of low GI/High GI carbs for breakfast, Keep your meat portions 8 oz. or so.

6 good whole food meals and one PWO shake of 10-15g of BCAA's and 25-30g of carbs.

Also mix in some quality dark green veggies. MRM Digestall is also a really good digestive enzyme to take w ur meat meals, helps digestion BIG TIME!
Looks good thank you very much I'll make the proper adjustments asap! I'm not usually very hungry right when I wake up but that'll have to change haha thanks again i really appreciate the help

Kevin you look great for 15 weeks out. Yes you should have a cheat meal. You don't want your legs to become to stringy. Have you been dieting for 8 weeks or 8 days?
thanks I'll start incorporating a cheat meal now once a week after my leg day (which happens to be today yesss) and I've been dieting for 8 days, i have a very very tough time adding fat mass to my frame which is a gift and a curse id say because its hard to gain muscle mass at the same time.

you look great..both threads merged.
Thanks!

tammyp
12-23-2010, 06:10 AM
you are far ahead of schedule. id take the advice of cheat meals, adding more food in your diet and cutting cardio.

KevinSchosek
12-24-2010, 09:54 AM
you are far ahead of schedule. id take the advice of cheat meals, adding more food in your diet and cutting cardio.
Thanks Tammy I'll start doing just that! :)

KevinSchosek
02-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Here is an updated posing video from today, my weight is 181.6lbs in the morning before any food/water/cardio. I'm now 7.5 weeks out of the NPC Mr. Buffalo and 8.5 weeks out of the NPC Steve Stone Metropolitans.

tyKaCa0Qf4s

Jude2
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
In the quarter turns keep your feet together(heels) and in side poses place the foot that the heel is raised in the mid foot of the rear foot. Plus leave your posing trunks alone, don't hike them. Looking good.

tammyp
02-09-2011, 06:16 AM
ill be judging buffalo:) looking great.

KevinSchosek
02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
In the quarter turns keep your feet together(heels) and in side poses place the foot that the heel is raised in the mid foot of the rear foot. Plus leave your posing trunks alone, don't hike them. Looking good.
Thanks I see exactly what ya mean, I'll make those fixes from now on and hopefully have another video up within the next 2 weeks!

ill be judging buffalo:) looking great.
Thanks Tammy looking forward to the show! its always a blast to go to

KevinSchosek
02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Also, here's my diet for today...it'll stay pretty consistent with the exception of tuedays when I train legs I'll up the carbs a bit. Due to classes, the times of each meal will change each day but not too awfully much.

630am - 2 scoops myofusion
7am - 30-40 mins cardio
8am - 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almonds
9am - 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 large sweet potato
1030am - 8 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice
1pm - 10 oz. chicken, 1 cup almonds
430pm - 10 oz. tilapia, 1 cup rice
5pm - Training
7pm - 2 scoops myofusion, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana
8pm - 8 oz. tilapia, vegetables
10pm - 10 oz. steak, vegetables

tammyp
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
a CUP of almonds? thats alot of cals/fat ...or a typo? i would take a scoop of meal 1 pro and add it to meal 2.

KevinSchosek
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
a CUP of almonds? thats alot of cals/fat ...or a typo? i would take a scoop of meal 1 pro and add it to meal 2.

youre absolutely right haha sorry not a full cup...i usually do a small handful of them

KevinSchosek
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Just wanted to post another update here. I've still been training every bodypart twice per week with the exception of legs and I'm hitting about 50 mins of cardio mon-fri mornings. Also my buddies jared petrassi, kyle glickman, and pat beairsto went to Samsons Powerhouse Gym last friday in Rochester and filmed my arm workout that will be on RxMuscle.com. I just have to send it to mr. palumbo and have him call me and interview me on the phone. (it was alot easier to do this than to drive down to bev francis powerhouse even though that wouldve been a great experience and chance to talk one on one with him.)

Morning Bodyweight: 182.2 lbs
5 Weeks 4 Days out of NPC Mr. Buffalo and 6 Weeks 4 Days out of the NPC Steve Stone Mets
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/SAM_0195.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/SAM_0192.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/SAM_0190.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mattankev/SAM_0189.jpg

Jude2
02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Dude u are the same weight that u were at 15 weeks out and your conditioning has really improved. Very impressive.