PDA

View Full Version : Rx muscle forum - qualify for a spot at the 2011 worlds strongest man

Louis Costa
12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
For strong guys that think they are strong!

Want to test your mettle against the strongest guys in the world?

Here is your chance.

An open invite for ANYONE to qualify for WSM 2011

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2010/Dec/Sin_City_Strongman_Challenge_2011-Winner_Goes_to_Giants_Live.html

robert da strongman
12-30-2010, 07:39 PM
well holy shit!

nice...

tjoe
12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
oh Snap!
That is pretty badass.

wolverine565
12-30-2010, 10:37 PM
pretty freaking cool.

Ryan Bracewell
12-31-2010, 12:02 AM
It will be very interesting to see who shows up at this contest. Im guessing this is open to foreigners too?

Louis Costa
01-01-2011, 06:56 AM
? will have to contact promoters. I think..If I'm not mistaken. It's just going to be American guys. Not sure though. So that would just be speculation.

Sandpig
01-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh hell yea!
I will be there.

To watch. ;)

GameofInches
01-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I think this is a great idea and is a great oppurtunity for someone who can "make it through". I don't think there are any amateurs who can place top 3 in a pro contest (Giants Live). If there were, then they would have already turned pro.

The winner of the amateur contest will get to compete in a pro contest which is awesome, but they aren't going to be able to make it to WSM. I hope I am wrong and some freak comes out and smokes everyone, but I don't see it happening. Either way, great oppurtunity for the sport and the live stream of it will also be great.

Louis Costa
01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I think this is a great idea and is a great oppurtunity for someone who can "make it through". I don't think there are any amateurs who can place top 3 in a pro contest (Giants Live). If there were, then they would have already turned pro.

The winner of the amateur contest will get to compete in a pro contest which is awesome, but they aren't going to be able to make it to WSM. I hope I am wrong and some freak comes out and smokes everyone, but I don't see it happening. Either way, great oppurtunity for the sport and the live stream of it will also be great.

That's true. I agree whole heartedly "Chances" are it wont happen. But if you consider the top ten in WSM already pre qualify for Next year. And that includes a lot of the top American's including Shaw / Ortmayer / Bergman / Poundstone / Best - After you eliminate those names from the competition it basically leaves a bunch of ASC Mid level Pro's. In which case.... I strongly disagree that they are stronger than top amateurs because I know a lot of Amateurs that would compete well and have already beaten a bunch of good ASC Pro's in other contests already.

There is a very strong bottle neck happening at the Amatuer level in NAS / ASC where only 4 or 5 guys are turning pro a year with a lot of top amateur talent waiting around.

The events for las vegas are very well rounded so a gigantic presser doesn't have an advantage where normally there are two press events in most ASC shows.

Only 1 press event in 9 events!

Along with a few explosive and speed style events I think you will be very surprised to see who wins!

I think an Amatuer could very well be in contention and go ahead and move on to giants live. And when you are considering the top 3 guys get the invite..you may never know who can sneak in there!

robert da strongman
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
when you look at the weights the top am's in the states should do well. it is a reasonable competition.

good luck to anyone competing.

GameofInches
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
That's true. I agree whole heartedly "Chances" are it wont happen. But if you consider the top ten in WSM already pre qualify for Next year. And that includes a lot of the top American's including Shaw / Ortmayer / Bergman / Poundstone / Best - After you eliminate those names from the competition it basically leaves a bunch of ASC Mid level Pro's. In which case.... I strongly disagree that they are stronger than top amateurs because I know a lot of Amateurs that would compete well and have already beaten a bunch of good ASC Pro's in other contests already.

There is a very strong bottle neck happening at the Amatuer level in NAS / ASC where only 4 or 5 guys are turning pro a year with a lot of top amateur talent waiting around.

The events for las vegas are very well rounded so a gigantic presser doesn't have an advantage where normally there are two press events in most ASC shows.

Along with a few explosive and speed style events I think you will be very surprised to see who wins!

I think an Amatuer could very well be in contention and go ahead and move on to giants live. And when you are considering the top 3 guys get the invite..you may never know who can sneak in there!

Valid points. I am curious to see the competition live streamed.

Louis Costa
01-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Me also. It should be a huge boost to moral for all those mid top - mid level amateurs and pros.

Hopefully: they perform well to prove that america is the strongest country in the world for strongman.

I believe it to be true. Front to back.

I guess the results will show! Either or it's an exciting opportunity for a lot of guys.

Ryan Bracewell
01-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Depending on the prize money you may get some of the guys that have already qualified for WSM, like Ortmayer, come out and compete for the money. Travis, Shaw, and Derek will all be ready to compete for the Arnold a few weeks before so I wouldn't be surprised if a few jumped into this show.

Louis Costa
01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Depending on the prize money you may get some of the guys that have already qualified for WSM, like Ortmayer, come out and compete for the money. Travis, Shaw, and Derek will all be ready to compete for the Arnold a few weeks before so I wouldn't be surprised if a few jumped into this show.

Very true also.

On first guess...unless nick and callie pull off a sponsorship miracle. I bet we will c low prize money because they are paying for the plane ticket for the winner to fly to europe. ( Prolly around 2 grand ) . Along with being a first time promotion I'm sure they will find hidden little costs everywhere if they do it right!

But if they do offer say 5 grand for first place. Then your right Bracewell. I think your gonna see guys like Kevin , Bache, Harrison, yourself , All the houston guys there for sure. Which in itself, would still make for an unbelievably competitive contest.