PDA

View Full Version : Mac Oil vs Mac Nuts

Gerb
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I am on a keto diet. I pack all my meals for the day so I can travel with them. Nuts work well for me as they are easy to consume quickly, fit my macros, good fats, etc.... Hearing Dave always talking about Mac oil I decided to pick up a can of Mac Nuts the other day. I love them, never had them before but they are great. I have been using a 1/4 cup blend of 50/50 almonds/mac nuts for a serving.

The question, are mac nuts ok? Is there a reason I would not want to take in mac nuts but would want to take in mac oil? On paper, it makes sense that if the oil is good for me the nuts should be too but maybe not. Thoughts?

Frosty
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Mac nuts are better since they have more nutrients. Plus IMO they are more satisfying with a meal.

Gerb
03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Mac nuts are better since they have more nutrients. Plus IMO they are more satisfying with a meal.

Haha Cool. I was just going to PM you Frosty but then I thought why not throw the question up for everyone.... I'll keep eating my Mac Nuts, darn things are tasty.

Big ER
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I end up eating way more mac nuts! Doesnt sound right but y'all know what I mean.

Frosty
04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I end up eating way more mac nuts! Doesnt sound right but y'all know what I mean.

I have these little containers I put them in so I weigh them out. No real chance for me to eat too much! I love them, though. If I just eat some from the bag the bag might be gone within the hour.

Legend
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I am on a keto diet. I pack all my meals for the day so I can travel with them. Nuts work well for me as they are easy to consume quickly, fit my macros, good fats, etc.... Hearing Dave always talking about Mac oil I decided to pick up a can of Mac Nuts the other day. I love them, never had them before but they are great. I have been using a 1/4 cup blend of 50/50 almonds/mac nuts for a serving.

The question, are mac nuts ok? Is there a reason I would not want to take in mac nuts but would want to take in mac oil? On paper, it makes sense that if the oil is good for me the nuts should be too but maybe not. Thoughts?

Mac nuts are great just like the oil, but remember, mac nuts will be adding carbohydrates the the oil doesn't.

Whatever you take in, just make sure your total indirect carb intake is less then 30-50g

Big ER
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
mac nuts are great just like the oil, but remember, mac nuts will be adding carbohydrates the the oil doesn't.

whatever you take in, just make sure your total indirect carb intake is less then 30-50g

what's up legend?

Legend
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
what's up legend?

What up brotha??

Hey, where the hell you been??.....and where the hell are my fajitas????...LOL :D

Big ER
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
What up brotha??

Hey, where the hell you been??.....and where the hell are my fajitas????...LOL :D

LMAO, well we will have to wait until Europa!

Gerb
04-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Mac nuts are great just like the oil, but remember, mac nuts will be adding carbohydrates the the oil doesn't.

Whatever you take in, just make sure your total indirect carb intake is less then 30-50g

Thanks, yeah, I thought about the carbs part after the fact. I bought some Mac Oil to add to my protein shakes and then I just eat the nuts when my protein source is from something lean like chicken etc... I figure the protein shake has a few carbs (I use ON Whey Gold) so keeping the nuts with something like tuna or chicken that is lean spreads the carbs better. 30-50 got it.

Legend
04-09-2009, 12:43 AM
LMAO, well we will have to wait until Europa!

I'll probably be there working the IDS booth....so I'm gonna expect those fajitas....lol

Legend
04-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks, yeah, I thought about the carbs part after the fact. I bought some Mac Oil to add to my protein shakes and then I just eat the nuts when my protein source is from something lean like chicken etc... I figure the protein shake has a few carbs (I use ON Whey Gold) so keeping the nuts with something like tuna or chicken that is lean spreads the carbs better. 30-50 got it.

...http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/icons/icon14.gif