PDA

View Full Version : Methods to reduce blood pressure?

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey guys,

I am heading into my last couple weeks of my cycle. I've been running 500mg/week Test Prop for 9 weeks with 40mg/ed Winstrol (oral) for the last 3 weeks. I am 21 years old.

I have been using my dad's blood pressure monitor the last few days to see where I'm at and my average readings have been 146/68, which I was told is high, but not alarming.

I have now incorporated 30 mins low intensity cardio every day to bring my systolic reading down. Are there are any other factors I should consider besides cardio and cleaning up my diet? I've read baby aspirin before bed can be helpful.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ibarramedia
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Reduce your salt intake. Cardio is good.

HammerStrength12
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Hawthorne, Celery Ceed extract.

Llewelyn's BP Stable is a good supplement to help out w/ that as well.

daft205
01-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Both of the above are solid suggestions. Also if youre drinking alcohol, or taking Amy stims(any caffiene) ceasing both will aid in lowering your bp.

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, taking them on board and looking into them :)

I don't drink (maybe a couple of times per year, but never on cycle),however will reduce my preworkout stims

Bryan Hildebrand
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
machines are notoriously unreliable, especially for non average people. how big arm your arms? if the cuff doesnt fit well, it will give you false highs, guaranteed. the above advice is perfect for sure, however, make sure there is a problem to begin with.

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 08:33 AM
machines are notoriously unreliable, especially for non average people. how big arm your arms? if the cuff doesnt fit well, it will give you false highs, guaranteed. the above advice is perfect for sure, however, make sure there is a problem to begin with.

I'm 5'8 and my arms are 17" cold - as seen in avi. My arms struggled to fit in the strap and I'm hoping this is what gave me the false high. How would I then know for sure if I have a problem if the machines are unreliable?

Bryan Hildebrand
01-08-2011, 08:45 AM
manual cuff with a stethoscope.

see your primary care physician... you are going to need to for bloodwork 4 weeks post cycle anyway.

stop by your local fire station and ask if they can do it for you.

by a manual cuff and stethoscope and have someone do it for you. cheaper than a machine anyway.

local pharmacies sometimes

joe d
01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
fruits and veggies
low sodium diet
high potasium diet (dont go crazy)
long low intensity cardio (45min or more)
low dose asprin 2x per day (a doctor will tell you 1x but that is for long term)
lower total fats and keep the fats you leave good ones.

a good meal or addition to a meal would be yogurt with oats and real strawberry and banana added.

hawthorn berry extract helps but it takes a couple weeks to start helping. the first couple weeks it can raise bp a little. next time you are going to cycle id start it and lipid stable 2 weeks before the cycle start and run them 2 weeks past the end.

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Uncle Attila and Joe D thank you both for your suggestions and will make a solid effort to incorporate them in my daily routine. Hopefully this will help to resolve the issue.

Attila, I will be following heavyirons PCT protocol and will follow it up with a full blood panel. I am sure you will see me post it up when the time comes for some feedback.

Gunners
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
All of the above are great suggestions & you have to make sure your diet is spot on. The top 3 for me have been:
1)cardio
2)baby aspirin
3)CoQ10

Gunners
01-08-2011, 09:49 AM
The cardio especially works wonders, i was a meathead for too long!

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
All of the above are great suggestions & you have to make sure your diet is spot on. The top 3 for me have been:
1)cardio
2)baby aspirin
3)CoQ10

Definitely. My diet stays clean for the most part year round, I only cheat when I really feel like I want to. I'm no stranger to dieting, I posted a thread about a year ago when I did my summer cut with a pic included to display my condition. So far I'm doing the cardio and was at the grocery store earlier this evening and picked up some baby aspirin. Will let you guys know how it all goes.

joe d
01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
i forgot to add that garlic in small amounts added to your meals is also good.

BigJD69
01-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I AGREE with Attila every time I get my blood pressure taken with those at home BP kits my BP will read 150/90. When it is done with a large cuff and stethoscope it's fine!

s2h
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I AGREE with Attila every time I get my blood pressure taken with those at home BP kits my BP will read 150/90. When it is done with a large cuff and stethoscope it's fine!^^^this..to the OP...i have dealt w/ alot of HBP issues...i'm pretty sure if you got a accurate reading it would be much lower...

Hamish&Andy
01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I AGREE with Attila every time I get my blood pressure taken with those at home BP kits my BP will read 150/90. When it is done with a large cuff and stethoscope it's fine!

OK good to know. I feel a lot more at ease now, but will make sure I get it checked with a large cuff etc to be sure. Thanks guys