PDA

View Full Version : Minor Pec Tear (no heart attack)

Cory Burns
01-08-2011, 03:07 AM
How do I not like to spend Friday night? In the ER with my wife, worried that I am dying, because my arm is going numb.

LookinFit75
01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
How do I not like to spend Friday night? In the ER with my wife, worried that I am dying, because my arm is going numb.

Ouch! How the heck did you do that?

daft205
01-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Oh man, that's brutal. Probably one the few times you'd actually be happy its pec tear. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Conrad
01-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Hate to see this Cory. How did you get this pec tear?

What type of pec tear was this? Reason I am asking is because the operations and recovery time will vary upon the type of tear. For instance, a type 1 is a minor tear and is not a VERY serious concern but should not be treated lightly

For type 2 and type 3 tears there are alternate experimental options which are not scientifically proven to work.
- Option 1. If there is some muscle left on the tendon or in that area, you can locally try to enlarge/strengthen that muscle with IGF1-L3. This will take a lot of time and it is not sure that it will work fully. However, it will give improvement.

- Option 2: there are clinics, which experiments with stem cells extracted from fat cells. Together with other fat cells they will try to restore the dent and make it visual better looking. This will be very fast results, but it is unsure if this works.

Get work soon Cory

Cory Burns
01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
CONRAD, thanks for your concern. It's really not a big deal. It is a slight rupture of the pectoralis major. There is no dent and all of the bleeding makes it look worse than it is. Like daft said, considering the options, I'm glad it was that. I've been at this for a number of years, very intensely, and this is my fourth minor tear. I've never had to have a tendon reattached to the bone in any of those cases. It's the craziest thing: it's never from a trauma or big dramatic failure, where a muscle tears and everything comes toppling down. I believe it happened while I was performing my second set of 30+reps LATT, incline press with the 100lb dbs. I felt something minor, but pushed through it. If I stopped every time I felt something minor I'd never finish a set at this point. After that, I went on to do rolling tricep extensions with 95lb dbs before noticing that i was fucked.

Valdez
01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
My bleeding started small too..

and in 4 days grew

antonbrn
01-08-2011, 12:01 PM
That looks painful!

Cory Burns
01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
VALDEZ, yeah... it has already grown in size a good deal. It always happens that way. I think that is how the old clot is broken down and cleared. That pic was take minutes after doing it.

Valdez
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I ended up having mine repaired. You can see in the pic how my pec was dimpled and pulled way over. What was truly sucky was that I had just had surgery for a blown bicep about 7 months prior.

Cory Burns
01-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I ended up having mine repaired. You can see in the pic how my pec was dimpled and pulled way over. What was truly sucky was that I had just had surgery for a blown bicep about 7 months prior.

that blows. i'm sorry to hear it.

Cory Burns
01-11-2011, 01:57 AM
it's looking better already. :yep:

Valdez
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet ! The good news is that the bruising hasn't crept down into the bicep ( humerus) area. Not that I can see from the pic anyway. Deep Purple ! gotta love it. Believe it or not, I used 5/3/1 to rehab myself on both my pec and bicep tears. It was just a good basic all around routine. Less than a month after my bicep surgery, I was back to pulling 500 for reps. My pec took much longer to recoup from.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Valdez
01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
..on a positive note, now you've got a good excuse to get out of shoveling snow!

Cory Burns
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I was out there shoveling with one arm and my wife was still bitching. hahahahaha

Conrad
01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
You are one tough guy, Cory. I cringe when I see the pics.