PDA

View Full Version : chest sux

irishmuscle
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
hey people,pretty happy with my physique but my chest is way dwn on where i think it should be,any ideas on how to give it a kick in the ass,current routine is incline bench,flat bench,decline machine and either flyes or crossover,change to dumbbells every few weeks and so on,thanks guys

Wheels
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
This should probably be moved to Training.

My chest is my weakest body part. One of the most important things I can tell you is abandon the exercises that you don't feel stimulating the muscle. After you've given ample time for the body to accustom itself to the exercise, and you're still not feeling it, let it go; assuming your form is spot on, as well. I wasted some time on exercises that were 'supposed' to build a big chest. I started focusing on the exercises that I really felt, making sure my form was impeccable and then it started to respond better.

Por2gue
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Kick the flat bench to the curb. Lots of weighted wide grip dips and heavy incline presses. Don't forget the food brother.

irishmuscle
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
nice 1 fellas,few others have mentioned ditching the flat bench and i prob will should i use a flat bench machine instead or wat? unfortunatly my gyms db's only go up to 45lbs,i no it sux,the machine goes up to 220 so maybe use that?

Not Dorian Yates
03-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I saw the title of this thread and i thought you were looking through my bedroom window when i was flexing patheticly

MusclesMarinara
03-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I started doing 2 sets on the fly machine of 12 to 15 reps to prexhaust my chest so it would fail before my shoulders. It helped somewhat...

Anything besides incline presses and flys that would stimulate upper chest development... Sorry to jack your thread.

Frosty
03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Kick the flat bench to the curb. Lots of weighted wide grip dips and heavy incline presses. Don't forget the food brother.

Especially if you do these with hands pronated and a slight forward lean. Awesome for developing the so-called "outer chest" and giving them a better appearance.

bigtimektz
03-24-2009, 10:54 PM
This should probably be moved to Training.

My chest is my weakest body part. One of the most important things I can tell you is abandon the exercises that you don't feel stimulating the muscle. After you've given ample time for the body to accustom itself to the exercise, and you're still not feeling it, let it go; assuming your form is spot on, as well. I wasted some time on exercises that were 'supposed' to build a big chest. I started focusing on the exercises that I really felt, making sure my form was impeccable and then it started to respond better.

Stimulating the muscle should be your main concern. Make sure you are getting a really deep stretch and a good contraction. Maybe reduce your exercises to only 3 for chest. You could be overtraining it.
Find the 3 exercises you feel stimulate your chest the best. Take those 3 exercises and try to get progressively stronger each time. With good form of course. Good luck.