PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to compete in July....what you think...

VinceRKG
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Alright broskies, tell me like it is...I am wanting to compete in July in AZ, I am as of this AM...224lbs, 5'11'', 27 years, BF 20%. Just got off a pre contest diet to see if I could hang and did. Lost about an inch on sides and leaned out more on back and legs. Take a look and tell me what you think...

tammyp
01-11-2011, 05:39 AM
looks like your off to a good start. for your height id work on adding some more overall size. good luck!

VinceRKG
01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks Tammy...My trainer wants me to start getting ready for the March show in AZ, I was like WHAAT>>> so were doing a cut now, or else I would add on size. You think one can add on some good size in time from March to July? Thanks again...I need more guys...let me have it..thoughts...

VinceRKG
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
so I am 8 weeks out now, havent changed that much...switching to fish and cutting carbs and water. I did that when i took pics and lost 12 lbs and about two inches on sides and inch on legs. i still have some energy but did not seem to lose any muscle. i was thinking of doing that for one week alternating weeks of regular diet to fish diet till show time...still doing cardio in am will probably add in another session around noon for 45 min and then 15 pre and 20 post workout till show time....I am really trying to get show ready so i can spring back up for July shows....this is pretty exciting....

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 06:17 AM
If you have a coach let him do the planning and follow it.

VinceRKG
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
yeah I am, thats what he said to do. also going to start clen and t3...

tammyp
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
cutting water?

VinceRKG
01-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I did not mean water.....just kept typing haha....We are looking to get in the LHW cat....by March then go from there....

VinceRKG
03-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Ok here are some other shots from last night..been a while but I am still pushing for my goal in July....

VinceRKG
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
another update on progress for July....did not read diet and supps right from trainer, and started taking in too many carbs, my fault, and went up to 226...was at 217...ugh...

Will have front pic up tomorrow....

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM
What does your tattoo say?

VinceRKG
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Aloha Mai No, Aloha Aku, O Ka Huhu Ka Meae Ola'ole Ai
..When love is given, love should be returned. Anger is the thing that gives no life

Ala A Pa'i'ia ka Maka, Ha'i'ia Kupuna Nana'oe
..Only when your face is slapped should you tell
who your ancestors are.

tammyp
04-09-2011, 01:41 PM
so you are what 16 weeks out? have some fat to lose, but you have time.

VinceRKG
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes I am about that time out.....I just got my diet from Trainer and looking good so far on it....got all meals prepped for week. planning out timers to make sure i do not forget a meal or my cardio sessions....today I got my Garage ready for my Am and night cardio sessions.....treadmill in front of flat screen and a heater inside as well...got surround sound hooked up and about pairs of sweats and tops to go through ..... hitting this hard because I had too many people so far tell me I am not going to look good or I am not really going to do it...so 70% for me and the rest is to shut other people up...lol.....I am thinking of starting a blog on here or a diary with pics and maybe vids......now I am natural now, but thinking of cutting cycle right now...I got Clen and T3, also Eq and Deca, Var and Cyp just hanging around.....wondering anythoughts on when if I should get on something for cycle....or juts do this first show with only clen and t3...

tammyp
04-11-2011, 06:14 AM
you need to go into the chem section and ask s2h and bryan about this. they will set you up w the right information.

VinceRKG
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Tammy

Scoobysnacks
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes I am about that time out.....I just got my diet from Trainer and looking good so far on it....got all meals prepped for week. planning out timers to make sure i do not forget a meal or my cardio sessions....today I got my Garage ready for my Am and night cardio sessions.....treadmill in front of flat screen and a heater inside as well...got surround sound hooked up and about pairs of sweats and tops to go through ..... hitting this hard because I had too many people so far tell me I am not going to look good or I am not really going to do it...so 70% for me and the rest is to shut other people up...lol.....I am thinking of starting a blog on here or a diary with pics and maybe vids......now I am natural now, but thinking of cutting cycle right now...I got Clen and T3, also Eq and Deca, Var and Cyp just hanging around.....wondering anythoughts on when if I should get on something for cycle....or juts do this first show with only clen and t3...

I think you should learn to diet natural before adding chems, but plenty of guys never truly stop to learn their body, doesnt mean thats the right way. Just my opinion. Sure you will be smaller etc, but you will learn excactly your own makeup without altering it. Then later once your base and your nutrition knowledge is sound hit the cycle and you will be amazed at what you can then accomplish, again my opinion. I dont see a guy who has reached his genetic potential by a long shot when viewing your pictures.

VinceRKG
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks Skooby, I a lot of guys have talked to me about that as well. Again last year when I was 257+ and really fat and outta shape, I was eating anything and everything or sometimes just once a day at night or in AM picking up fast food and Pop all the time. I was bad, no diet, nothing. Then when I saw pics of me I thought I was somewhat in shape and saw them thinking to myself, that is nasty and ugly. So I did get on a diet. Since then I noticed that my body reacts amazing when dropping carbs to almost nothing....high fast seemed to work well but again I have not been under 15% BF since 6 years ago.....so this will be a good learning curve. I am not looking to go pro this year, althought some guys locally said I could if I did it right..and everything fell into place. But I am just doing this to see how I look with little fat on me and then go from there..I am in it for a long haul.....This site has helped me a lot.. I am on here all the time at work lol...

Scoobysnacks
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks Skooby, I a lot of guys have talked to me about that as well. Again last year when I was 257+ and really fat and outta shape, I was eating anything and everything or sometimes just once a day at night or in AM picking up fast food and Pop all the time. I was bad, no diet, nothing. Then when I saw pics of me I thought I was somewhat in shape and saw them thinking to myself, that is nasty and ugly. So I did get on a diet. Since then I noticed that my body reacts amazing when dropping carbs to almost nothing....high fast seemed to work well but again I have not been under 15% BF since 6 years ago.....so this will be a good learning curve. I am not looking to go pro this year, althought some guys locally said I could if I did it right..and everything fell into place. But I am just doing this to see how I look with little fat on me and then go from there..I am in it for a long haul.....This site has helped me a lot.. I am on here all the time at work lol...

Hold up someone locally told you, you could go pro THIS year? Dont ever take advise from the person again, please. Trust me here, that would take YEARS (if ever). Thats the harsh reality. I have been at this ten years and my first crack at nationals I got 15th outta 27, at least I did not DNP, but damn this is a tough endeavor. I say you should be under 10% before you ever cycle and you should have one show at least under your belt before you cycle if you intend to be a competing bodybuilder, you will know yourself and the work it takes to get into shape. Then you can add chems once the proper work ethic is there. Anyways...Good Luck....

As for where you are, 16 weeks out, you better get cracking, you have no time to spare to be shredded in contest shape. My critique is you just need to be bigger everywhere, I cant name a weakness yet, because you need dense muscle with some more time under iron to really talk about bringing this or that up. Just my opinion.

Good Luck and keep posting pics, the leaner you get the more we will be able to advise with ya.

Ss

VinceRKG
04-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Thanks Ss, yeah they were two guys locally.. I thought it was odd as well since they only had two NPC shows under their belt....and not the biggest. I kinda just brushed it off. This past year has been awesome at getting know different foods and what each one does to my body. I am glad I am this much into the life already and have an addiction at seeing where I can take my body. I will keep posting pics up, I am killing it hard now as well. I am thinking if I can get down 20 more pounds and see what it does, I can judge off that for the rest of the year. Because once i do something, I never do it half a**.....Thanks again for the words and the truth..hate people who sugar coat things or hint.....flat out BAM in your face...this is why i love this site....great peole who compete...and not just talk.....Thanks guys....look for more stuff to come.....

VinceRKG
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I am taking front shots today, where most my fat is ugh...and lower back...I am now up to hour and half to two hours cardio a day, depending if its legs that day I do 30-45 am and swim after workout....Thanks again