PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with IFBB Pro Beni Lopez

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/Xiongshou/BeniLopez2.jpg

Feel free to drop in, get the opinion of, and get to know the dynamo that is Beni Lopez :D She is here for all of you!

2hot4u
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
when is your next show and how do you feel you will do? Are you concerned that most pro shows do not have weight classes?

MsGuns
03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Lil BIG Mama...Why did you finally switch over to bodybuilding from figure?

How is offseason?

Can you post some of your workouts?...I wanted to come train w/ you but now I wanna see if I can hang or not...smile.

SallyAnne
03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I love your training videos! This is the perfect place to post them. ;)

lil mama
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi 2hot to be in da same room. wait let me put my shades on:cool:.whoa dats better I think its all the sparkle u set off, Okay I'm gonna try for the Atlantic Pro and though I will probably be the smallest on the stage that's okay.Like I told Drex I wanna go represent the smallest of the small:p so even if I'm dead last It won't matter cause I'm proud to be a featherweight:D and I HOPE that it will encourage the Lt. weight ladies in the amature divsion to continue the quest for the card. Not really concerned about not having a separate divsion but more concerned as to what is to become of all the PROS if we let situation were in go, and fight back and say were not gonna take it anymore. Did a liltte research on the IFBB minutes and found a proposal that was denied this past year at thier last meetin where our rep had proposed lower the sanction to help encourge promoters to continue having pro ffb shows. here it is . This one way our rep felt would help and if you think about it , if the promoters are saying we have no money for the sanctions fee....reducing it would help right? then why reject :confused:

5. Be it resolved that “some concession” [reduction] be made with respect to the sanction fee for women’s events so that promoters feel these events are financially viable.
REJECTED

when is your next show and how do you feel you will do? Are you concerned that most pro shows do not have weight classes?

lil mama
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello Drex miss u already and its only been 2 hrs since we spoke:D. I wanna tell my story but I'm holding off to write my biography:p I will tell it soon just not enough time cause I gots to go get my gym on:) Off season has been good. I'm a growing fillin in I wont start my diet till May still gots time:popcorn:Ah got u on print u said u will come wk.out wit me:beerbang:

Hey Lil BIG Mama...Why did you finally switch over to bodybuilding from figure?

How is offseason?

Can you post some of your workouts?...I wanted to come train w/ you but now I wanna see if I can hang or not...smile.

Bulkdawg562
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
hey lil mama how are you good to see your here at RX muscle. Glad your offseason is going good, where can I get your training vids

lil mama
03-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Like ur avi. :eek: ummm is that boobage I see? Oooo let me close my eyes.;) der :p oops left one eye open my bad:o

I love your training videos! This is the perfect place to post them. ;)

lil mama
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I will get sum posted soon:wavey:

hey lil mama how are you good to see your here at RX muscle. Glad your offseason is going good, where can I get your training vids

SallyAnne
03-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Like ur avi. :eek: ummm is that boobage I see? Oooo let me close my eyes.;) der :p oops left one eye open my bad:o

Boobies are kewl.

lil mama
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I know me haves sum 2

MsGuns
03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
I know me haves sum 2

I want sum...smile

Biggie973
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome, what's your diet like now?

MsGuns
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Hello Drex miss u already and its only been 2 hrs since we spoke:D. I wanna tell my story but I'm holding off to write my biography:p I will tell it soon just not enough time cause I gots to go get my gym on:) Off season has been good. I'm a growing fillin in I wont start my diet till May still gots time:popcorn:Ah got u on print u said u will come wk.out wit me:beerbang:
I know..I keep lookin at my phone...smile
You sure do like those smiley's
would you just tell it...gosh
I think you are just tryin to be difficult w/ me to make me come to SA and beat you up..well attempt...smile
Shoot you answered Lisa's question w/ a novel...lol lol lol

oh dang MODS can yall delete what I said...smile
You know I wanna but I HATE driving...smile
You come to Houston Ill treat ya like royality at lifetime fitness...that's how they treat me...smile

2hot4u
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
You know the thing that kills me the most is what do they do with all that money anyway? in the npc we all pay 85.00 to have a card!! and then pay to enter the show which i know goes to the promoter. but they pay sanction fees and then what happens to that money? and like you said why reject the proposal? I wonder if anyone can actually find out?
Hi 2hot to be in da same room. wait let me put my shades on:cool:.whoa dats better I think its all the sparkle u set off, Okay I'm gonna try for the Atlantic Pro and though I will probably be the smallest on the stage that's okay.Like I told Drex I wanna go represent the smallest of the small:p so even if I'm dead last It won't matter cause I'm proud to be a featherweight:D and I HOPE that it will encourage the Lt. weight ladies in the amature divsion to continue the quest for the card. Not really concerned about not having a separate divsion but more concerned as to what is to become of all the PROS if we let situation were in go, and fight back and say were not gonna take it anymore. Did a liltte research on the IFBB minutes and found a proposal that was denied this past year at thier last meetin where our rep had proposed lower the sanction to help encourge promoters to continue having pro ffb shows. here it is . This one way our rep felt would help and if you think about it , if the promoters are saying we have no money for the sanctions fee....reducing it would help right? then why reject :confused:

5. Be it resolved that “some concession” [reduction] be made with respect to the sanction fee for women’s events so that promoters feel these events are financially viable.
REJECTED

quadrablue
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
:wavey:

Curt James
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Feel free to drop in, get the opinion of, and get to know the dynamo that is Beni Lopez :D She is here for all of you!

My question:

FQiXZr744qQ

Suga Suga, how ya get so fly?

:wavey:

Curt James
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Did a liltte research on the IFBB minutes and found a proposal that was denied this past year at thier last meetin where our rep had proposed lower the sanction to help encourge promoters to continue having pro ffb shows. here it is . This one way our rep felt would help and if you think about it , if the promoters are saying we have no money for the sanctions fee....reducing it would help right? then why reject :confused:

That's Betty Pariso, right? Good on her and bad on the IFBB. :(

When I read or heard somewhere that the license or sanction fee was in the thousands, I couldn't believe it. Wtf. Iris gets what for winning the Olympia?

Is it greed or are they trying to just destroy the sport through fees?

Curt James
03-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Boobies are kewl.

I know me haves sum 2

I want sum...smile

Best thread ever. :p

MsGuns
03-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Best thread ever. :p

Curt since u like them...can you sponsor mine...smile

Curt James
03-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Curt since u like them...can you sponsor mine...smile

Awww, I'm also a member of the itty bitty fan club.

:bowdown:

MsGuns
03-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Awww, I'm also a member of the itty bitty fan club.

:bowdown:

oh im sorry you have small equipment...smile

~gymdiva~
03-26-2009, 12:37 AM
hey Beni!!! :wavey:

Curt James
03-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Oh, GOD! I HATE my ex girlfriend! :mad:

But I've been told it's PRETTY! :p

:catfight:

Wait!

I meeeeant... :boobies:

lil mama
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Ok did I miss sumthing here what's pretty and what's small? and what the heck are you two talking about?

lil mama
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi gymdiva,what's a going on? Did you leave sexy town to visit me? aww so nice of you. Are you getting ready for any shows soon?

Curt James
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Ok did I miss sumthing here what's pretty and what's small? and what the heck are you two talking about?

Uh, my smile is pretty? :p And my bank account is small? :o

How is your training going? Have a great weekend! :)

MsGuns
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
hey Lil Big Mama,

You ok?

We havent talked in 24 hrs, whats up w/ that?
Smile

Gerb
03-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Nice one MsGuns! ... LMAO

Gerb
03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Lil Mama, glad to see you got a Q&A over here, best of luck to you both at the Atlantic and in all you are trying to do to revive the sport. You are a great rep for FBB and an inspiration to alot of ladies out there.

~gymdiva~
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi gymdiva,what's a going on? Did you leave sexy town to visit me? aww so nice of you. Are you getting ready for any shows soon?

shoot girl whatchew talkin 'bout? you live in sexy town! :banana:

I have actually decided to aim for NAs...we'll regroup and see how things are and then discuss nationals...I wanted to compete this year but I wanted to aim for something I'd never done...so keep your fingers crossed! :flex:

lil mama
03-28-2009, 10:45 PM
First let me apologies for not answering soon enough, I must have skipped the question. My sincere apologies:o As far as my diet well the biggest difference is I added steak to my meals there are days where I will eat 3 steaks in one day (6 ozs) each, plus more carbs before it would be about 1/2 cup of rice, but lately since after the Europa I changed it up to 1 cup of brown rice or jasmine rice, and increased the amount of red potato's from 1/2 to a whole potato. In all it has been a increase in calories because I still eat 6 meals a day and a pre and post meal that consist of a protein shake with waxi maize and if I run out of waximaze what I do is take the frozen mixed fruit and water blend in blender to make smoothie and add protein powder for the pre and for the post I'll take cranberry juice and add the protein for the post which I take immediately after wt. training alo make sure that I consume a meal with in 1 hour after training which has also helped. I could go on and on but thats pretty much the biggest difference. Here is a pic of me at 134 currently at 136.8

Welcome, what's your diet like now?

lil mama
03-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Thank you SteveG, I know that you and many others support our cause whether verbally of monetary, It is all very much appreciated. Word has it that there are people coming out and showing it by making contributions on other sites.Lets keep it going and we will reach our goal soon.

Hi Lil Mama, glad to see you got a Q&A over here, best of luck to you both at the Atlantic and in all you are trying to do to revive the sport. You are a great rep for FBB and an inspiration to alot of ladies out there.

lil mama
03-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Well I wish you the best in whatever you chose to compete in and let me know if I can assist you in anyway. Be good and keep just being you, sweet and sexy.

shoot girl whatchew talkin 'bout? you live in sexy town! :banana:

I have actually decided to aim for NAs...we'll regroup and see how things are and then discuss nationals...I wanted to compete this year but I wanted to aim for something I'd never done...so keep your fingers crossed! :flex:

MsGuns
03-29-2009, 01:13 PM
so Beni tell us how ur day goes...
i heard some where u might b startin ur own business...
Lopez's Pressin House...
I heard you r a mean presser...
Is that true?

Kitty Kat
03-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Lil mama,
Just dropping by to say hi. hope everything is going good with training ;-)

lil mama
03-29-2009, 04:04 PM
:D Yeah this pressing buisness is in full operation care to join.:p

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/th_MyMovie75.jpg (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/?action=view&current=MyMovie75.flv)

so Beni tell us how ur day goes...
i heard some where u might b startin ur own business...
Lopez's Pressin House...
I heard you r a mean presser...
Is that true?

MsGuns
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/th_MyMovie75.jpg (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/?action=view&current=MyMovie75.flv)

Now thats what Im talkin about sista!!!

~gymdiva~
03-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Well I wish you the best in whatever you chose to compete in and let me know if I can assist you in anyway. Be good and keep just being you, sweet and sexy.

:grouphug:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Beni interviews more of the greats of Women's Bodybuilding :D

http://benilopez.mypodcast.com/2009/04/Dayana_Cadeau_Exhaling-198480.html

iTunes feed available!

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 11:18 AM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/th_MyMovie75.jpg (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/benilopez/?action=view&current=MyMovie75.flv)That's a cool leg press machine.

lil mama
04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks GX for the link to my PODCAST. I have interviewed Dayana Cadeau and Jennifer Sedia who will be competing at the NY Pro show. so grab a cup of juice or a protein drink and take a listen.(smile)

lil mama
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
lol GM, Drex was making fun of me cause when I was talking to her on the cell she asked what I was doing I said I was pressing the clothes and she said "whats pressing" I informed her that I have a presser like the dry cleaners do but a smaller version, cause I do a lot or ironing and with reg. irons I'd burn then out to fast. She thought that was funny and said she was gonna post it up Beni's Pressing Buisness now open. lol:D

That's a cool leg press machine.

MsGuns
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
lol GM, Drex was making fun of me cause when I was talking to her on the cell she asked what I was doing I said I was pressing the clothes and she said "whats pressing" I informed her that I have a presser like the dry cleaners do but a smaller version, cause I do a lot or ironing and with reg. irons I'd burn then out to fast. She thought that was funny and said she was gonna post it up Beni's Pressing Buisness now open. lol:D

I only did it cause I luv you..smile

cheddar cheese
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Beni I'm a big fan of what you bring to the stage, I have some of your pics on my motivational poster :D My question is when you diet down for a show what type of diet do you prefer to use and how many weeks out do you start it at?

lil mama
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
:) Thank you so much for stopping by I appreciate your visit to my Q&A and your kind words, as for my dieting I start of with a 16wk. diet the first 7 weeks of the diet really isnt a diet I mostly just clean meals up a lil for example no more midnight cereal eating and I stop grazing or snacking here and there replace eating graham cookies with eating raw broccoli and cauliflower as snacks and start to incorporate cardio. To be honest my really change begins at 9wks out thats when my diet really starts to kick in I do 2 days high carb and one day low carb all meals consumed are real food no protein drinks and no carb replacement mixes for pre wk.out and post wk.outs then it changes at the 6wk mark where carbs are consistent then again it changes at the 4wk mark and 2nd wk mark and the last week it's just drying out but I never really completely dry out I am not a fan of completely shredded look I prefer a tad softer look on me. Once again I appreciate you stopping by have a great day.:hugme:

Hi Beni I'm a big fan of what you bring to the stage, I have some of your pics on my motivational poster :D My question is when you diet down for a show what type of diet do you prefer to use and how many weeks out do you start it at?

sduque
02-13-2010, 12:59 AM
First let me apologies for not answering soon enough, I must have skipped the question. Here is a pic of me at 134 currently at 136.8

GOOD GRIEF!! I hardly recognize you here! For our height I would feel way way heavy at 130+... Not sure I'd ever see myself this heavy.. Can you feel that weight? :yep:

biceps-ella
02-13-2010, 04:57 AM
hello I am Mihaela or Ella and i am so happy i've found this forum,it's really helpful and fun beeing around people who love the same sport as me,and female:yep:.in my country usualy on the forum are only man:D
Any way it's fun reading what happening around here:hmn:

sduque
02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
hello I am Mihaela or Ella and i am so happy i've found this forum,it's really helpful and fun beeing around people who love the same sport as me,and female:yep:.in my country usualy on the forum are only man:D
Any way it's fun reading what happening around here:hmn:

Great to see this goes way far to reach you! yes I agree with you. This forum is very informative and great gals here to chat with :yep: