PDA

View Full Version : My Journey Chapter 1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:21 PM
My journey has been somewhat long and arduous, but, rewarding none-the-less. I used to weigh over 600 pounds. At that Size I was very physically active. I played basketball and football my whole childhood. In my teens I white water rafted, hiked, Ocean Kayaked, survival camped, and much more. In my downtime was where my downfall was. I would eat foods high in fat, and didn't really have anyone to show me different. Coming from Hispanic/Italian household, food was always plentiful.
Over the course of 5 years I lost 200 lbs by following Weight Watchers,without working out. Like any other diet, I hit a road block, and despite my efforts, didn't lose anymore. I fought high and hard with several different diets to keep it off. Finally, in 2009, I decided it was time to get healthy for once and for all. I contacted my local WMC, and made the first apt.
After a few meetings I decided on having the Lap. band done. On July 6th, 2010, I was operated on. On July 14th, I was cleared to join a gym so I walked into Planet Fitness, signed up for a membership. There is where I met and hired GirlyMuscle to train me 2x a week. At the time I was over 400 pounds.
I started out training 6-7 days a week with double cardio sessions. Over the course of the of 6 months I have lost 113 pounds, 87 of which was with GirlyMuscle's guidance. I can't say enough about her. I am honored to have crossed paths with her when I did. Without her, I wouldn't have developed a passion for body building, nor lost the weight that I have. I have lost well over 30% of my body fat. That is unheard of with Lap banders in this short a period of time.
Roughly a month ago, She asked me to become her lifting partner. I looked over my shoulders for a minute to check if she was talking to someone else. When I realized she was serious, I jumped up and down for joy. It has been three weeks since we started prep, and I am having the time of my life. She has become an amazing friend and mentor. It is wonderful having someone around that shares the same passions in life. I am blessed.

Well that's all for now.

Sandra

freebirdmac
01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Your story is so inspiring! Big props for what you have accomplished, and major jealousy that you have GM for a training partner! :p I look forward to following your progress and routines.

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Your story is so inspiring! Big props for what you have accomplished, and major jealousy that you have GM for a training partner! :p I look forward to following your progress and routines.
Thank you. I appreciate the support. She is amazing. She is very motivating.

partsRheavy
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
GM is a very unique and special person. In my visits to quite a few ~different~ gyms over the span of a few years, I can't say I remember ever seeing another woman who lifts as heavy as GM does.

I wish you the most success in your training!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
GM is a very unique and special person. In my visits to quite a few ~different~ gyms over the span of a few years, I can't say I remember ever seeing another woman who lifts as heavy as GM does.

I wish you the most success in your training!
Thank you. Your right. She is a powerhouse!

Sunnyday
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
:flowers:

Welcome aboard! So glad you started your own thread here! No doubt your amazing story will only get better from here on out!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:56 PM
:flowers:

Welcome aboard! So glad you started your own thread here! No doubt your amazing story will only get better from here on out!
:yep:

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Fasted Cardio was very interesting this morning. I happened to be accompanied by a cardiac fellow, who works out the same time in the morning. We have talked once in the past. It was him and I in the gym, so he sparked up a conversation. For some reason it must have said on my forehead: "Tell me your life's deepest secrets". He did! I really don't think I can look at him the same way now. Glad he doesn't come to my floor. :dunno:

tammyp
01-12-2011, 06:16 AM
welcome..you have a great story...much sucess on your journey!

BEAST MODE
01-12-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm here for the ride!

freebirdmac
01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Fasted Cardio was very interesting this morning. I happened to be accompanied by a cardiac fellow, who works out the same time in the morning. We have talked once in the past. It was him and I in the gym, so he sparked up a conversation. For some reason it must have said on my forehead: "Tell me your life's deepest secrets". He did! I really don't think I can look at him the same way now. Glad he doesn't come to my floor. :dunno:

Hasn't GM told you about wearing a ball cap pulled down over the eyes and and iPod??? :D If you don't want to converse, there are ways to avoid it.

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
My ass is a little sore. Just thought you should know. :)

BEAST MODE
01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Did it take a pounding?

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I think it was the 320 power squats and 740 leg press. Keep in mind until I started training with Sandra I hadn't trained the tree trunks in about 3 months and I haven't lifted heavy since Australia. It's all good. :D

Suzanne
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Congrats and continued success!

Sunnyday
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
No doubt you're BOTH sore after that WO - whew! Totally worth every free fall to the toilet for the next couple of days.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
welcome..you have a great story...much sucess on your journey!
Thank you. It is just the plain truth.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm here for the ride!
Thanks Rich, I have heard a lot of wonderful things about you. I am honored you would consider it.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Hasn't GM told you about wearing a ball cap pulled down over the eyes and and iPod??? :D If you don't want to converse, there are ways to avoid it.
Good to know Freebirdmac. I will follow that in the future.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
My ass is a little sore. Just thought you should know. :)
What a great ass it is. LOL! You worked it hard last night. It should hurt. LOL!

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats and continued success!
Thanks.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
No doubt you're BOTH sore after that WO - whew! Totally worth every free fall to the toilet for the next couple of days.
Believe it or not, for the first time I didn't wobble out of there. I feel fine today. I took my CalMagPo. Works wonders.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Results for leg day where:

Power Squats:
15@90
15@180
15@270
15@320
Leg Press:
20@200
15@290
20@380
10@470
15@560
15@650
10@740
5@830
Leg Extension:
(drop down set x 3)
10(3)@120
10(3)@90
10(3)@60
10(2)&30(1)@30
Leg Curls:
10@45
10@55
10@65
10@70
10@80

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
On my way chicka...leaving the baby gym now for the big girl gym!

stephaniewicked
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome, Sandra... and thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations on your success so far and best wishes as you continue your journey!!

Sunnyday
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
There be some serious poundages on that leg day, girl! Great work!

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome, Sandra... and thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations on your success so far and best wishes as you continue your journey!!
Thank you Stephanie.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
There be some serious poundages on that leg day, girl! Great work!
:yep: Yes maam. Remember though, my body was used to supporting 600 lbs. I wasn't a plus sized girl that lead a sedentary lifestyle. I played contact sports my whole childhood, so I can only imagine how much I really can do!

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Sooo....since we didn't get to figure it out...

Next lifting day is gonna be Saturday. You work until 3:30 and our big girl gym closes at 5. So that looks like we're doing chest/tris and cardio at PF. Meet ya there at 4? (That is if my schedule change at The Bee is approved)

Oh and I'll be at PF at 4:45am Friday for fasted cardio if you want to join me.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Sooo....since we didn't get to figure it out...

Next lifting day is gonna be Saturday. You work until 3:30 and our big girl gym closes at 5. So that looks like we're doing chest/tris and cardio at PF. Meet ya there at 4? (That is if my schedule change at The Bee is approved)

Oh and I'll be at PF at 4:45am Friday for fasted cardio if you want to join me.

:dunno: Darn right I will see you for fasted! Two days off in a row......:no:
Hmmpphhh! I will see you tomorrow night.

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry babe. My coach says lift 5 days a week. This old bod needs to heal. Still doing the cardio though. I gotta get my key back so I can sneak into PF when I need to.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I have to say that even though we didn't accomplish much tonight, I feel accomplished. I am pumped! I think all I have to do is walk in the front door take a deep breath, close my eyes, and listen to the grunting, slamming of the weights, and the streaming music to feel pumped. Of course there's making contact with the iron. I love the smell on my hands after a long work out. Damn, I cannot get enough.

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry babe. My coach says lift 5 days a week. This old bod needs to heal. Still doing the cardio though. I gotta get my key back so I can sneak into PF when I need to.
Yeah, I miss stripping down and getting in the zone on ARC. Let me know. I am two days behind with lifting :-(

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Workouts missed are workouts missed. You pick up from where you left off. You aren't behind at all. Just moving forward....

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes maam.

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Good little grasshopper. :)

I gotta get to bed. Talk to you tomorrow. Good night!

Muscgrows
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
SMH! Why do I listen again???

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Cause you are the grasshopper. ;)

Listen if we're gonna go see my sis play tonight I have to do cardio first. I'm going to do it as soon as I'm finished working at PF @ PF. Up to you if you wanna join me or do it World. I understand if you just want to stay on our side of town and knock it out. I'm done at 7. Cardio at 7:05. Then I'll quick change and head over to Klingers.

freebirdmac
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I have to say that even though we didn't accomplish much tonight, I feel accomplished. I am pumped! I think all I have to do is walk in the front door take a deep breath, close my eyes, and listen to the grunting, slamming of the weights, and the streaming music to feel pumped. Of course there's making contact with the iron. I love the smell on my hands after a long work out. Damn, I cannot get enough.

Oh yeah. You're hooked. :D

Muscgrows
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Cause you are the grasshopper. ;)

Listen if we're gonna go see my sis play tonight I have to do cardio first. I'm going to do it as soon as I'm finished working at PF @ PF. Up to you if you wanna join me or do it World. I understand if you just want to stay on our side of town and knock it out. I'm done at 7. Cardio at 7:05. Then I'll quick change and head over to Klingers.

I would neva turn down cardio with my massa! lol! See ya there.

Muscgrows
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah. You're hooked. :D

If I wasn't married, I think I might move somewhere warmer and look for a small gym that was needs an individual that would be willing to live on a cot in the back room in exchange for upkeep. :-) Just saying!

BEAST MODE
01-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks Rich, I have heard a lot of wonderful things about you. I am honored you would consider it.

Oh no...what exactly has Erin been telling you?!?!

Muscgrows
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
All good!

GymGurlie
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
What an inspirational story... congrats on your successful weight loss! looking forward to reading more about your journey!! You go girl :)

Muscgrows
01-13-2011, 10:39 PM
What an inspirational story... congrats on your successful weight loss! looking forward to reading more about your journey!! You go girl :)

Why thank you. I don't consider myself any different than the next person. Just someone who met a point in their life where it was time to change. There will most definetely be more posts.:yep:

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Sandra is humble. She sees herself as like everyone else but she's not.

I see people every day who come into PF and tell me their dreams and goals and most never follow through. Sandra is one of us. She set her goals, fell in love with lifting and stops nothing short of success.

She may say, she's just like everyone else but she's not. She's one of us. And we're different. We know that. And soon she'll learn she's different too. :)

Muscgrows
01-13-2011, 10:57 PM

I see people every day who come into PF and tell me their dreams and goals and most never follow through. Sandra is one of us. She set her goals, fell in love with lifting and stops nothing short of success.

She may say, she's just like everyone else but she's not. She's one of us. And we're different. We know that. And soon she'll learn she's different too. :)
I know I am different luv, I just don't boast. I save it for iron time. C'mon. I kiss my arms, flex my lil calves....you know being a grasshopper and all! LOL!

Muscgrows
01-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Today is an off lifting day, which is good, because I don't feel well. Just cardio for me till tomorrow.

freebirdmac
01-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Feel better!!!!

Muscgrows
01-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Cardio was fun last night. Girlymuscle seems to think I like doing cardio, blegh! I herr it, but it id a necessary evil

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Nice typos from your phone. ;)

Gerb
01-15-2011, 12:56 PM
My journey has been somewhat long and arduous, but, rewarding none-the-less. I used to weigh over 600 pounds. At that Size I was very physically active. I played basketball and football my whole childhood. In my teens I white water rafted, hiked, Ocean Kayaked, survival camped, and much more. In my downtime was where my downfall was. I would eat foods high in fat, and didn't really have anyone to show me different. Coming from Hispanic/Italian household, food was always plentiful.
Over the course of 5 years I lost 200 lbs by following Weight Watchers,without working out. Like any other diet, I hit a road block, and despite my efforts, didn't lose anymore. I fought high and hard with several different diets to keep it off. Finally, in 2009, I decided it was time to get healthy for once and for all. I contacted my local WMC, and made the first apt.
After a few meetings I decided on having the Lap. band done. On July 6th, 2010, I was operated on. On July 14th, I was cleared to join a gym so I walked into Planet Fitness, signed up for a membership. There is where I met and hired GirlyMuscle to train me 2x a week. At the time I was over 400 pounds.
I started out training 6-7 days a week with double cardio sessions. Over the course of the of 6 months I have lost 113 pounds, 87 of which was with GirlyMuscle's guidance. I can't say enough about her. I am honored to have crossed paths with her when I did. Without her, I wouldn't have developed a passion for body building, nor lost the weight that I have. I have lost well over 30% of my body fat. That is unheard of with Lap banders in this short a period of time.
Roughly a month ago, She asked me to become her lifting partner. I looked over my shoulders for a minute to check if she was talking to someone else. When I realized she was serious, I jumped up and down for joy. It has been three weeks since we started prep, and I am having the time of my life. She has become an amazing friend and mentor. It is wonderful having someone around that shares the same passions in life. I am blessed.

Well that's all for now.

Sandra

Welcome to RX Sandra, while I do not know you, I am very proud of you and think it is pretty freaking awesome you decided to transform yourself. Good luck to you, with commitment comes reward! I'll be following along.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Welcome to RX Sandra, while I do not know you, I am very proud of you and think it is pretty freaking awesome you decided to transform yourself. Good luck to you, with commitment comes reward! I'll be following along.
First of all, great form Steve. Second of all, I am honored to not only be welcomed, but, I look forward to sharing my story with all of you's have undergone transitions yourselves. I look forward to the advice I may get down the road.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 12:33 AM
LOL! Just picked up on it.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Yesterday was chest and triceps day. We went to pf and banged out a long session followed by some cardio. I hit a new pr on chest press. Then we went out for our treat meal, which was absolutely wonderful! I had a great time with Girlymuscle. Now back on diet. Meal number three isn't going so hot but I feel great. Gonna hit the gym hard tonight. Sadly, it isnt backor leg day though.

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM
What Sandra means by meal 3 not going so well is that she has a condition called Sjögren's Syndrome that makes the simple act of eating hard since she can't swallow properly. She doesn't produce much saliva and the reflex of the muscles of her throat won't push the food down and sometimes she has to rely on lots of water and gravity to get her food down.

Taken from the Sjögren’s Syndrome Fpundation's site...

"Sjögren’s syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disease in which people’s white blood cells attack their moisture-producing glands. Today, as many as four million Americans are living with this disease.

Although the hallmark symptoms are dry eyes and dry mouth, Sjögren’s may also cause dysfunction of other organs such as the kidneys, gastrointestinal system, blood vessels, lungs, liver, pancreas, and the central nervous system. Patients may also experience extreme fatigue and joint pain and have a higher risk of developing lymphoma.

With upwards of 4,000,000 Americans suffering from Sjögren’s syndrome, it is one of the most prevalent autoimmune disorders. Nine out of 10 patients are women."

To learn more... http://www.sjogrens.org/

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Lol, wanna come do my discharge teaching for the rest of the day? I.d let ya flex and say "I pick things up and put them down"

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I pick things up and put them down!

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I pick things up and put them down!

Thanks! I needed a laugh.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
What a great ass it is. LOL! You worked it hard last night. It should hurt. LOL!

In a strictly hetrosexual way... I've always like her ass... its heart shaped :yep:

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM

I agree she is very humble which makes her that much more awesome...

Sandra you have a great story to tell... one that not many that were where you started could ever begin to utter... they all may dream it, but you... you are DOING it... and you did it even before which is amazing too....

one day and I know it will happen, you are going to be backstage at YOUR first competition, telling your story and the shock and awe on faces will be worth a million bucks.... and I hope to be in that audience yelling for you...

you are such an inspiration lady! :hmn:

subscribed and following!

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
What Sandra means by meal 3 not going so well is that she has a condition called Sjögren's Syndrome that makes the simple act of eating hard since she can't swallow properly. She doesn't produce much saliva and the reflex of the muscles of her throat won't push the food down and sometimes she has to rely on lots of water and gravity to get her food down.

Taken from the Sjögren’s Syndrome Fpundation's site...

"Sjögren’s syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disease in which people’s white blood cells attack their moisture-producing glands. Today, as many as four million Americans are living with this disease.

Although the hallmark symptoms are dry eyes and dry mouth, Sjögren’s may also cause dysfunction of other organs such as the kidneys, gastrointestinal system, blood vessels, lungs, liver, pancreas, and the central nervous system. Patients may also experience extreme fatigue and joint pain and have a higher risk of developing lymphoma.

With upwards of 4,000,000 Americans suffering from Sjögren’s syndrome, it is one of the most prevalent autoimmune disorders. Nine out of 10 patients are women."

To learn more... http://www.sjogrens.org/

Amazing... Sandra you are simply amazing... you let NOTHING get in your way....

Sunnyday
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Absolutely amazing that you let nothing stand in your way, Sandra. All I can say is wow.

And ya, like MG says, no doubt you will be backstage @ your 1st comp and people will be stunned.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
In a strictly hetrosexual way... I've always like her ass... its heart shaped :yep:
She totally doesn't see it. :)

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you. I don't myself as any different from anyone here. We all have a story, and we are all after the same thing. :-)

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Gym was good today. Learned new lifting exercises. YAY! Hit a new high on overhead press. Used the upright bike for the first time. Double yay. I am starting to see some changes in my body, and am excited for what is to come. I am truly happy. I look down at the bar, envision the reps. then go. My mind clears, energy surges into my body, and I just get giddy. I love it. I love that point in the set when the lactic acid starts to build in the muscle, and the burn hits. Yessss! My heart is pumping harder just thinking about it.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Gym was good today. Learned new lifting exercises. YAY! Hit a new high on overhead press. Used the upright bike for the first time. Double yay. I am starting to see some changes in my body, and am excited for what is to come. I am truly happy. I look down at the bar, envision the reps. then go. My mind clears, energy surges into my body, and I just get giddy. I love it. I love that point in the set when the lactic acid starts to build in the muscle, and the burn hits. Yessss! My heart is pumping harder just thinking about it.

you just make me smile more and more all the time... :yourock:

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 09:08 AM
It"s a new week, new goals, lets get it done! :-)

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Go get 'em, girl!

musclegoddess65
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM
got em done... but a nap eludes me....

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Good girl! You deserve the nap!

Gerb
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
First of all, great form Steve. Second of all, I am honored to not only be welcomed, but, I look forward to sharing my story with all of you's have undergone transitions yourselves. I look forward to the advice I may get down the road.

Why thank you, I designed it myself:p

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Your most certainly welcome Steve.

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Okay, so here's how sick I am. It was LEG day! I have this goal of maxing 1000 lbs. on leg press. Well.....Results were:
Leg Press:
15@200
15@290
15@470
10@560
5@640
5@740
4@830
10@880
10@920

Power Squats
10@180
10@270
10@360
10@450

Leg Ext.
Drop sets
10@120-90-60-30
10@135-105-75-45

Leg Curls
10@55
10@70
10@85

Lying leg curls
10@20
10@30
10@40
10@50
30 minutes of fasted in AM
45 PWO.

All new PR's tonight. I love the gym. I love leg day. It suits me :-)

Gerb
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
holy moly!

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Holy Moly is right Steve. Erin started me out at 50 lbs. back in July. Look at where I am now. I wanted to do more, but, she said next time.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 07:35 PM
You're a beast. Out lifted me (again) today. I don't mind that at all! :D

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Why thank you, I designed it myself:p

Yeah, but, you kick my butt on everything else. We are only close with weights on back day.

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I am addicted. SOOOO addicted. Keep visualizing tomorrow.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah, but, you kick my butt on everything else. We are only close with weights on back day.

Nah..you haven't seen me really lift on back day. ;)

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 08:01 PM

Nah..you haven't seen me really lift on back day. ;)
LMBO I know! I am afeared. That is Bostonian for really scared. LOL!

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't be skeerd. :)

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I have to be on point. LOL!

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Cowabunga, girl! That is one awesome leg day. You should be sooo proud of yourself after that WO!

freebirdmac
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok, this is just incredible. You start leg press with 10 reps, drop down to 5, and then hit your pr's at 10 again??? Do you know that's a rarity? I don't know anyone who pushes pr's at higher reps than their previous working sets :eek: Have Mercy!!!

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
FWIW - I take ZMA every night so I can dream about doing killer leg WOs like that!

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Cowabunga, girl! That is one awesome leg day. You should be sooo proud of yourself after that WO!
Totally pumped after that. I came home boasting. :yep:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Ok, this is just incredible. You start leg press with 10 reps, drop down to 5, and then hit your pr's at 10 again??? Do you know that's a rarity? I don't know anyone who pushes pr's at higher reps than their previous working sets :eek: Have Mercy!!!

I wouldn't let her do more than 5 reps. She really wants to hit 1000 lbs....set it as her goal. So I had her just do some acclimation sets to build up to higher weights that way she wasn't wasting energy knocking out reps at "lower" weights.

In fact, every time I said, "5 reps" she gave me boo-boo pouty face.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
That was with GirlyMuscles instructions. She told me 4-6 solid reps on the second to last rep. I went to 10 because I could handle it. LOL! The last rep was an all you can do, but without injury. I had to do 10 in the last set. :yep:

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
fwiw - i take zma every night so i can dream about doing killer leg wos like that!
zma??

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't let her do more than 5 reps. She really wants to hit 1000 lbs....set it as her goal. So I had her just do some acclimation sets to build up to higher weights that way she wasn't wasting energy knocking out reps at "lower" weights.

:dunno:Did not:dunno:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Did too. I'll take a pic next time. ;)

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Pshhhhh! Fine then. You do that. I want to see it! LOL!

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Can't wait for later. It's going to be so on! I love back day :-p. Getting pumped thinking about it.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Pshhhhh! Fine then. You do that. I want to see it! LOL!

Hey...I took a pic of happy giddy face.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Look forward to pouty poopy face pics. No fb though. Can't take the ridicule from coworkers! LOL!

partsRheavy
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Do you have any powerlifting meets up in your area??

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm sure we do. We'll let you know how deadlifts go today.

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
ZMA = zinc magnesium aspartate. It's a supp I take before bed. Can't say enough good things about it.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
So, some awesome new exercises which I absolutely love. I love back day. Hell, I love everyday! It is just awesome to be part of something so great. I am sooo thankful that I have met GirlyMuscle. She has sparked a light in me that hasn't been bright for a long time. I have found something that I truly love, and who better to guide me then her. I am blessed.

That being said. Results are:
Dead Lifts:
10@135
10@155
10@175
2@205

Rack Poles
10@225
10@275
3@315

From memory I might be off one Rack poles.

I tried dips at 15 pounds for 5 or 6 reps which was much easier than I thought it would be. :-)
We also did seated rows, close grip pull downs (think), and I forget what else.
It was all fun. Hit some new PR's per usual. Overall great night.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Rack Pulls, sweetie. You're so cute!

We also did close grip pulldowns, straight arm pushdowns, and seated cable rows. All practice for the new plan that starts next week.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Rack Pulls, sweetie. You're so cute!

We also did close grip pulldowns, straight arm pushdowns, and seated cable rows. All practice for the new plan that starts next week.
That is why I am the grasshopper! :yep:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
And when you snatch the pebble from my hand....or outlift me....oh wait...you can do that now....

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
And when you snatch the pebble from my hand....or outlift me....oh wait...you can do that now....
What! Pshhhhhh! I don't think that will ever happen woman. You have only begun to tap back into your potential. I can't keep up with you powerhouse. LMBO! I don't have half the strength you do, and certainly couldn't get half the difinition you have woman.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
In time, young grasshopper, in time. :D

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Got it. Patience is of virtue, and I am a very patient person. Just tend to get overly excited. :-)

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I like that you get overly excited. I'm counting on YOU and your EXCITEMENT dragging me through this prep, ya know. ;)

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:37 PM

In time, young grasshopper, in time. :D

I like that you get overly excited. I'm counting on YOU and your EXCITEMENT dragging me through this prep, ya know. ;)
We are gonna have to count on each other. I got grouchy when I woke up this morning knowing we had to go out in the freakin cold to sweat it out on the bike. LOL!

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 07:40 PM
That's funny since you're the one that texted me awake. You coulda told me it was icy and I would have stayed in bed. "Just slushy mush" you said. lol

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
That was with GirlyMuscles instructions. She told me 4-6 solid reps on the second to last rep. I went to 10 because I could handle it. LOL! The last rep was an all you can do, but without injury. I had to do 10 in the last set. :yep:

Ahhhh. Well damn, she probably could have done 10 on all of them :bowdown:

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
(poutingly) I just told you what I saw. I am sowwy honey. It really was just mushy. I hit the guard rail on my way out of Fairgrounds you know. Forgot to tell you. It was funny. I just slid into it. No damage though. Besides the cardio had to get done. LMAO!

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I didn't slide at all. By the time I left the streets were just wet. Isn't there supposed to be more snow tonight?

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Ahhhh. Well damn, she probably could have done 10 on all of them :bowdown:
Yep! But, she wanted me to save my energy for the higher weights. It was perfect. I could have gone higher on the weight, but, massa said no. :byeb:
LOL!

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Yep! But, she wanted me to save my energy for the higher weights. It was perfect. I could have gone higher on the weight, but, massa said no. :byeb:
LOL!

She knows best! And you would die if an injury sidelined you :yep:

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 07:49 PM
All I can say is wow, girl! :bowdown:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I just read a weather report that says "Ice Pellets" overnight turning to snow in the am. Sunny by 10am. Be careful driving in the morning!

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I didn't slide at all. By the time I left the streets were just wet. Isn't there supposed to be more snow tonight?

She knows best! And you would die if an injury sidelined you :yep:
You are absolutely right. I would be sooo depressed if I was sidelined.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I just read a weather report that says "Ice Pellets" overnight turning to snow in the am. Sunny by 10am. Be careful driving in the morning!
Yes. I will be very careful. Silly, don't forget this weather is nothing for me. After all I am a New Englander.:hypno:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah...that's right. Well, have a good sleep sweetie, for tomorrow is ...heck...I don't know...everything is sore at the moment. Chesticles maybe?

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
chest and biceps I think.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah...chest and tris. We did bis with delts last week.

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I know this goes without saying, but have fun you two!

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I know this goes without saying, but have fun you two!

Will do. Girly I am soo lost on days now. lol!

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Soooo not feeling the cardio this morning. I am soo tired! Got up, pick my big girl pants on and am getting it done. Ugh! Ten more minutes. Have a good day everyone. :byeg:

freebirdmac
01-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Soooo not feeling the cardio this morning. I am soo tired! Got up, pick my big girl pants on and am getting it done. Ugh! Ten more minutes. Have a good day everyone. :byeg:

She is human after all! :p

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
She is human after all! :p

was thinking the same Freebird....

you rock Sandra... you seriously do! :hmn:

Sunnyday
01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
was thinking the same Freebird....

you rock Sandra... you seriously do! :hmn:

x3!

:jump:

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
x3!

:jump:

Thanks ladies. :p

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I beat my running record. I decided to use my part of my lunch break to throw some extra cardio in. Ughh! On a personal note, I hit another new record. I jogged the whole mile. I made my mile in 14:10. Which is my best yet. I stayed on and ran/walked another mile. It took me an additional 15:00 minutes. I alternated the last mile with 4mph walks to 4.3mph runs @ mostly minute intervals. Not too shabby.;)

Gerb
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I beat my running record. I decided to use my part of my lunch break to throw some extra cardio in. Ughh! On a personal note, I hit another new record. I jogged the whole mile. I made my mile in 14:10. Which is my best yet. I stayed on and ran/walked another mile. It took me an additional 15:00 minutes. I alternated the last mile with 4mph walks to 4.3mph runs @ mostly minute intervals. Not too shabby.;)

not too shabby at all, nice work

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
When I first started my journey to running a mile, It took me almost 17 minutes. GirlyMuscle had me run for 30 seconds and walk,so on. I pretty quickly progressed to being able to jog for a whole minute with a minute walk. I fell off track for a short while. I achieved my goal today though! I can't wait to tell GirlyMuscle. I could have achieved it sooner. I am proud of myself none-the-less.

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM

here's to another new record... your just busting them outta da park girl.... :yep:

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
here's to another new record... your just busting them outta da park girl.... :yep:
Life is about progression. I have always been someone to move up and on. Just lost my way for a few years. I became stagnant. Marriage ya know! LOL! GirlyMuscle helped me find that again. I am soo happy to have found that spark. I cannot wait to see what I am going to look like in the next 18 weeks.

freebirdmac
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Spark? I think you're a torch! Congrats on your pr :D

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Spark? I think you're a torch! Congrats on your pr :D
Thanks. I will carry it high.

Sunnyday
01-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Way to go on your "milestone" Muscgrows! As my son would say, "Soprouffyou!":hmn:

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Today was chest day. It was FUN as usual.

Bench:
10@65
10@75
10@85
9@95
6@105 lbs.

Incline:
10@65
10@??
3@115 lbs.

Pullover:
10@20
12@30 lbs.

Cardio x3. It was all good.

GirlyMuscle
01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The ??? were 95 lbs.

First time benching....I'm proud of you too!

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks!;)

partsRheavy
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Knowing your leg strength and seeing those incline numbers, your bench is going to go up sooooooo fast!!!

My bet is that you'll be repping 135 on flat bench by St. Patrick's Day, if not Valentine's Day.....

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Starting at 105 lbs next chest day. Let's see. I am certainly looking forward to it.

partsRheavy
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Very good!! If 105 was easy this time, then start there...lil' ol me has to warm up with 65 and 85 first before hitting the over 95 stuff....

GirlyMuscle
01-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Starting at 105 lbs next chest day. Let's see. I am certainly looking forward to it.

We'll see about that. ;)

You still need warm up and acclimation sets. Never fear grasshopper, you'll do more next time than this time. That's how it works.

Muscgrows
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
We'll see about that. ;)

You still need warm up and acclimation sets. Never fear grasshopper, you'll do more next time than this time. That's how it works.
Don't count those. Those are just pep reps. Ya know like a pep talk. :dunno:
LMBO!

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Great benching lady.... GREAT!!!!! you'll be kicking it out there too in NO TIME....

it was one of my 'moments' when I first started lifting... I wanted to bench 100 (had to start w/an empty bar and THAT was a struggle)... for reps.... oh the day that happened, the entire gym knew it..... my heaviest was 135.....

so be it benching, pressing, squatting... whatever... we'd all love to see the video's and your enthusiasm... dimples and all....

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
It's such a joy to lift with Sandra. Lords knows, I've been "not feeling it" personally. I'm tired already, cranky, questioning if I really want to do this (compete) this year. I dread the gym. But walking into that locker room seeing her waiting there all eager and ready to go picks me right up. When we lift, I do what I have to but I get my enjoyment from watching her try new things and lift heavier weights and the sense of accomplishment on her face when she does. She truly is in love with the weights and pushing her body. She makes me smile. :)

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm glad she's keeping you going! I don't want to see you back out of competing this year, but not being there in person to push you only helps so much. So it's great you have her.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I won't guarantee I won't back out. I'm exhausted and the scale isn't budging. I just can see doing this for the next 4 months. But we'll see.

Muscgrows
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
It's such a joy to lift with Sandra. Lords knows, I've been "not feeling it" personally. I'm tired already, cranky, questioning if I really want to do this (compete) this year. I dread the gym. But walking into that locker room seeing her waiting there all eager and ready to go picks me right up. When we lift, I do what I have to but I get my enjoyment from watching her try new things and lift heavier weights and the sense of accomplishment on her face when she does. She truly is in love with the weights and pushing her body. She makes me smile. :)

Silly go email me and let me know what time tonight. My cell phone got stolen at work.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
That sucks!

I'll email and send you a facebook. 7:30pm if you get back here again today.

Muscgrows
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
That sucks!

I'll email and send you a facebook. 7:30pm if you get back here again today.

Got it.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Want me to text the b*st*rd and give them hell?

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm glad she's keeping you going! I don't want to see you back out of competing this year, but not being there in person to push you only helps so much. So it's great you have her.

x2000... I support your desicion to do whatever... i love ya my friend no matter what... but i get super smiley faces cause I know her enthusiasm spurs you....

and seriously it does me and I only get to read about it...

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Want me to text the b*st*rd and give them hell?

ha ha ha... PM me your number too and will bombard them!:yep:

Muscgrows
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
So, tonight was a reserved but awesome night. Two new records, and one new exercise. :yep:
Overhead Press:
10@40
10@50
10@60
12@70

Front Rises:
10@15
10@15
10@15

Side Rises
10@10
10@10
8@10

Reverse Flies:
10@50
10@60
5@70
3@80 Felt it :-)

Loved it!

musclegoddess65
01-21-2011, 12:22 PM
hhhmm reserved but still new records :)

thanks for getting me thru cardio today my dear!!!!

Muscgrows
01-21-2011, 04:21 PM
hhhmm reserved but still new records :)

thanks for getting me thru cardio today my dear!!!!

Never a problem. I am a talker, so anytime.

Muscgrows
01-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Gym, shopping then treat meal today. I am soo excited. Leg day coupled by shopping and a treat meal. It's Christmas. LOL! Have a good day everyone.

freebirdmac
01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol! Leg day followed by shopping??? Holy cow! Let's see who's grabbing a chair or looking for a walker first :D

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I never thought of that. And the mall we're going to is HYOOGE. Good thing I'll just be tired. DOMs won't hit until Mon/Tues.

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
enjoy all of it... I'm not a shopper... I missed that gene...

freebirdmac
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
enjoy all of it... I'm not a shopper... I missed that gene...

Me too. I'd rather order on line and have things shipped to my door. Or better yet, have a personal shopper :)

Sunnyday
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
x3! I thought I was a mutant that I don't like shopping as much as other women, LOL!

musclegoddess65
01-23-2011, 05:25 PM
x3! I thought I was a mutant that I don't like shopping as much as other women, LOL!

:gh:

group hug to all the non-shoppers.... Sunny I thought it was just me.... even after going from 215 to 135 i still hated shopping, so for me its not even weight related, I just hate shopping (well cept the grocery store I do love that)

Sunnyday
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Grocery store is still a no go for me.

The farmer's market...I'm there.

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
:gh:

group hug to all the non-shoppers.... Sunny I thought it was just me.... even after going from 215 to 135 i still hated shopping, so for me its not even weight related, I just hate shopping (well cept the grocery store I do love that)
I hate shopping myself ladies. I know what I want so I go in try it on, and buy it for the most part.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
July 2010

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=556&pictureid=5564

Jan 2011

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=556&pictureid=5562

freebirdmac
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
You've lost 1/2 of you! Awesome job :udaman:

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
July 2010

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=556&pictureid=5564

Jan 2011

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=556&pictureid=5562
I need my tan. I am gonna get my tan on. Darn what a diff Erin. I just realized. You were right, I didn't see it. Thank you!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
jFKNvzCb334

Leg Press @ 960

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
jFKNvzCb334

Leg Press @ 960

You've lost 1/2 of you! Awesome job :udaman:

In six months. GM is one hell of a motivator. I came in the gym with several goals in mind, and she not only helped me achieve those goals, she encouraged me to push further/set my goals higher.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Not six months...you lost 110 in 6 months. You'd already lost 200 on your own without me.

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
So, I had a very spiritually moving day yesterday. I met my goal on leg press yesterday. I did 1010 lbs for I believe 3 reps. Then we got cute headed out to shop. When we hit the scrub store, I immediately started after the 4XL rack, when she looked at me funny and proceeded to check out the 2 and 3XL's. I didn't believe that I would fit into those sizes. Despite my doubts, I took the tops from her and tried them on. To my amazement they all fit, and fit great. I was a littlle girl the last time I fit into those sizes. After that she treated me to sushi, which was fanfreakingtastic! I am gonna find it hard to eat cooked fish for now on. Then we had ended the night with dinner and great conversation. It is sooo spiritually uplifting to go out with a good friend and let loose. I am now realizing this at almost 30. I feel like a new woman, and I am thankful that I have such an incredible woman like GM as a friend to share that with. Look out world!

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Not six months...you lost 110 in 6 months. You'd already lost 200 on your own without me.
I know that silly goose. Those pics were from July and today. That is the change I made in six months.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
I know that silly goose. Those pics were from July and today. That is the change I made in six months.

*giggle honk*

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM
*giggle honk*
lol! we getting our gym on??

Sledge
01-24-2011, 03:50 PM
You chicks are weird.

And Lurve the dimples.

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
You chicks are weird.

And Lurve the dimples.

LOL! Why thank you. You are right, chicks are weird, but, that is what keeps you interested. :hmn:

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Smiley faces.

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 05:50 PM
What great smiles. LOL!

freebirdmac
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Y'all are just having too much fun!

:D

Muscgrows
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks. Like minded spirits and great conversation, and good food. Who wouldn't be smiling.

Sunnyday
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow. I'm truly speechless girl! I mean like super cool! The progress pics, the leg press...

Isn't it amazing what one can accomplish with a little encouragement?!

Muscgrows
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow. I'm truly speechless girl! I mean like super cool! The progress pics, the leg press...

Isn't it amazing what one can accomplish with a little encouragement?!
Yes ma'am.

Muscgrows
01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Here is a rant. It really stings when you find something you really love, and those around you can't or won't necessarily support it. I love bodybuilding! I aspire to compete someday. It requires a lot of time and dedication. All of which I am committed too. Why do we as individuals feel the need to hurt another when they try to change? Life is about change/growth. It is painful man.

Sunnyday
01-25-2011, 11:17 PM
I started this reply about 10 times. Still don't think I have it right, but better than what I started with I think.

I feel your pain, girl. You set goals, meet and exceed them, have aspirations of something more, and someone has to go out of their way to rain on your parade. And not just once, but often they make a hobby of it. Yeah, it stings. I think it's important that we try to love the "hurters" even when they don't get it. After all, if they're purposely hurting someone they say they care about, then they're more messed up than they realize and need all the help they can get. We can all agree it's easy to like or even love someone who is likable. It takes some real backbone to be kind to someone who kicks you in the teeth. Hope that helps.

partsRheavy
01-25-2011, 11:51 PM
When I was younger, I absolutely loved studying foreign languages.

This was during the end of the Cold War before "globalization," and a lot of ppl around me looked at me weird for it.

So I can understand.

I learned that when the ppl around me didn't share my interests, to avoid discussing the interests with these individuals. You may find that as time goes by, you may drift apart, especially if they are ppl who don't want to be active or don't care about their health.

You're doing the right thing seeking out folks with the shared interest in the weights, even if it's long-distance via the internet.

I happen to presently be in a location where a lot more ppl overall lift weights than in my former "habitat." Nevertheless, women make up only a small group of these folks.

We women who understand that [weights + cardio] is a lot more effective than [cardio alone] in promoting health are relatively few, because most ppl simply don't understand the biology of lifting.

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
^^great advice above

Anytime you do something to better your life and self there will be others who feel uncomfortable with it. It reminds them of their own misery and unhappiness. People don't like change. Change can be uncomfortable, especially if it's to their own lives, so they won't do it. Mediocrity is easier than excellence. When they see someone changing their own lives they fight it. They try to drag you back down to where they are. Lots of times the people who do this are the ones closest to us.

The people who truly love you want you to be happy. Maybe it's time to sit down and have a heart to heart and explain that you are doing this for your own future and happiness. They can support you or not. But if they choose NOT, then they need to shut up and step out of your way, because this is what makes you happy and you aren't going to stop because they are uncomfortable.

You're doing this for you, Sandra. You only have one go around in this life. Make it what you want and don't let anyone stand in your way.

BEAST MODE
01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
^^^Agreed w/ both of you! Over the past 1.5-2 years, I have pretty much drifted away from every friend I had growing up, through college, and the year or so after college. None of them understood my lifestyle. Several of them were constantly doing as Erin said and trying to drag me down w/ them, even after I explained to them how I felt about it and that I was not going to sacrifice my happiness or my goals to do what they wanted me to. And I will not stoop to their level either. So they are all gone now. And the majority of my friends are at least 4-5 states away, if not more. I have probably 2-3 friends near me that get it and/or live the same lifestyle. Those are the people I choose to surround myself with because those are the people who keep me going, and in turn I do all I can to keep them going.

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2011, 12:14 PM
This will cheer you up. It's XXX so don't open it where anyone who shouldn't see it, can.

RX Muscle Forums

Suzanne
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
When I was in my weight loss journey, there was one day in particular that stood out just how much Christine's father (who i was with at the time did not believe or support me) At this point i had already dropped a good amount.

We went to a fitness equipment store so i could buy lat pulldown, dbs, bench, bar, plates etc This was a time i could not get to the gym so i was going to train in my garage at 4am before work.

He said to em and the store employee "She will never use this stuff"

I went back to that same store 2 years later when i was prepping for my first show and they remembered the incident and were shocked. From that point forward they told that story to people who were there not sure they would be able to lose the weight. they even asked if they could have before and after pictures to show people

I did my weight loss all on my own. I didn't know anyone who trained or competed. Just follow your dreams. Do it for YOU and no one else

Sunnyday
01-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Tons of truth in the above posts for you to chew on, Sandra. Hope it encourages you. We're all proud of what you've accomplished and you should be too.

And you thought bodybuilding was just about leaning out and building muscles, hm? It even builds character. ;)

musclegoddess65
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Sandra you are doing great... don't let ANYONE stand in your way... as Erin said... mostly they are reminded of their own unhappiness... you have taken the bull by the horns girl... WE are all so proud of you... but know that pain of someone not being supportive.

I have NO ONE in South Carolina... no family, no friends (no one like GM), my gym time is all by myself... Recently I've been told I'm obsessed...yes 4am gym time is obsessed apparently... whatever...

My own mother, HATES bodybuilding... now granted she and I don't have this cozy mother daughter thing... Hell some people on this board know more about me then my mother... I have more in depth conversations with strangers.... picking my mother up one day at the airport, when I graduated college, just came from gym.... here she is in baggage claim, exclaiming at the top of her lungs "oh my god you look disgusting - all the muscle on you is gross" gee thanks mom.... The first time I competed and George proudly wanted to show her my video at a christmas gathering.... He almost came off the sofa at her, with her reaction.....

so yeah those closest will sometimes be the least likely to support us..... but FWIW, I tell peeps at work bout you, you inspire me... what you've done and will do is amazing.... and WE are all here for you!

Sunnyday
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
GM is right about other people being reminded of their own misery and unhappiness when they look at a success story in the making.

My mom hadn't seen me for close to 6 months and I had been training hard and eating like a bber for about 9 months. I was very pleasantly surprised when she asked to come to the gym with me to see what I did there. A 70 y.o. overweight woman whose idea of exercise is pacing while talking on the phone is going to join me for an arms WO. I did a couple warm-up sets during which she commented loudly that she thought I was lifting too heavy. I had a very nice pump going with just a touch of veins that would make any of us gals proud and did a front double bicep and she exclaims loudly, "OMG I don't think I like that!" Then she walked out and sat in the lobby. Love you too, mom!

Later the same day she criticized the way I ate and drank, too. According to my mom it's just not normal to eat that much protein not to mention 6 meals a day AND drink a gallon of water a day. Translation - it's not appealing to me so I don't want you doing it either.

I tell everybody who will hold still long enough about your story, Sandra. Your WOs are the reason I am killing it in the gym right now. And my trainer keeps asking about updates about you, too. He was absolutely thrilled for you when I told him about your recent leg press success! And I mean THRILLED FOR YOU! He's a success story himself.

freebirdmac
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Here is a rant. It really stings when you find something you really love, and those around you can't or won't necessarily support it. I love bodybuilding! I aspire to compete someday. It requires a lot of time and dedication. All of which I am committed too. Why do we as individuals feel the need to hurt another when they try to change? Life is about change/growth. It is painful man.

Jealousy. You are making changes you want to make. You are doing girl! They on the other hand aren't making changes they want to make. Misery loves company. Seeing you succeed reminds them of what they won't put an effort in to do. It may be losing weight, getting into better shape, whatever. The green monster makes ugly things come out of their mouth. You just gotta smile and ignore them. Definitely don't let them get to you!

Muscgrows
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Thank you everyone for all the support. Im soo happy to have met each and everyone of you. S

Sunnyday
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Heyheyhey! There you are...back from all those hours at work! Love the new avi.

Muscgrows
01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Heyheyhey! There you are...back from all those hours at work! Love the new avi.
LOL! which one?? Today was a good day. Despite the fact that my ego is slightly bruised due to not being able to do incline sit ups, it was still awesome. I did shoulder shrugs for the first time, which made me giggle, because I think people look funny when they do them. Now I know why they make those faces! I am totally exhausted, but, pumped. I love this life. It can be challenging mentally, but, I see am starting to see where I want to be, and how I can potentially look once I shed the fat suit. I can't wait. :yep:

Sunnyday
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
LOL! which one?? Today was a good day. Despite the fact that my ego is slightly bruised due to not being able to do incline sit ups, it was still awesome. I did shoulder shrugs for the first time, which made me giggle, because I think people look funny when they do them. Now I know why they make those faces! I am totally exhausted, but, pumped. I love this life. It can be challenging mentally, but, I see am starting to see where I want to be, and how I can potentially look once I shed the fat suit. I can't wait. :yep:

I like to think of the fat loss as sort of a strip tease for my husband! The less fat, the more of an anatomy lesson he gets. ;)

Muscgrows
01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I like to think of the fat loss as sort of a strip tease for my husband! The less fat, the more of an anatomy lesson he gets. ;)
I am glad yours is so supportive of our lifestyle, that he notices those changes. Mine seems to be supportive one minute, then starts fights the next. :dunno:

Sunnyday
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Give him time. This is all new to him, and YOU'RE new to him with your weight in HALF. Mine didn't like the changes at first 'cause he didn't know how to process it. I didn't realize I looked THAT different (and I still don't think so), but he says I do. Your man will come around. :)

Muscgrows
01-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I am holding out. He now says things about "not signing up to marry a man". He tells me he will not approve of my getting "ridiculously muscular". I am gonna wait and see what happens.

GirlyMuscle
01-28-2011, 04:39 AM
You aren't going to get "ridiculously muscular" overnight. Right now, it's mostly fat loss. It takes YEARS to build lots of muscle. Tell him to look at how tiny I am and I've been at it for 11 yrs!

Sunnyday
01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
^^Truth!!

That's why you don't see any fbb from bikini to heavyweight coming to a show with 20 lbs. more muscle than the previous year. Building muscle is a very gradual process.

Suzanne has some then-and-now pics from before her figure days on through to now. She even posts some body measurements over the last 6 years or so. It took her years of the right diet AND the right WOs to put on all that muscle.

Muscgrows
01-28-2011, 07:52 PM
^^Truth!!

That's why you don't see any fbb from bikini to heavyweight coming to a show with 20 lbs. more muscle than the previous year. Building muscle is a very gradual process.

Suzanne has some then-and-now pics from before her figure days on through to now. She even posts some body measurements over the last 6 years or so. It took her years of the right diet AND the right WOs to put on all that muscle.
Truth. Erin he thinks you are just right. He does not believe that I would stop there. You know, being an extremist and all! LOL! It's all good. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, good luck then unless you plan on using lots and lots of drugs and even then it'll take years.

Muscgrows
01-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Well, good luck then unless you plan on using lots and lots of drugs and even then it'll take years.
Heck no! I have no plans. That is just hubbies insecurities factoring in.

GirlyMuscle
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
We'll just have to show up pics of natty ffbers. After he drools over them for a bit, we'll tell him that's where you're headed. Then he can be insecure for other reasons. ;)

partsRheavy
01-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Get your husband involved in some sort of sport or other so that he can start improving his life, too.

Have him go with whatever he likes, just something to get him involved in something that's healthy and gets him out of the rut he's in.

GirlyMuscle
01-30-2011, 12:44 AM
That won't happen. :)

Muscgrows
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Get your husband involved in some sort of sport or other so that he can start improving his life, too.

Have him go with whatever he likes, just something to get him involved in something that's healthy and gets him out of the rut he's in.

Ohhh honey, been there and done that! I have bought legos, books, gym memberships, spa packages, etc. It doesn't work. Anytime he as ever mentioned possibly trying this hobby or that, I have gone the length to supply him with what he would need. He changes his mind quicker than someone can down a cheeseburger. He is just set in his ways.
That is just how he is. I am okay with that as long as he doesn't interfere with the things I set out to do for myself. :p

Muscgrows
01-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Sooo, I got up this A.M. for some fasted cardio. Wasn't feeling lke getting up this morning. I was warm and cozy in my jammies and my puppy was snuggling against my sore belly which made me feel better. I kicked my sheets and got up.
Tell me why about twenty minutes into the WO I fell asleep. This lady woke me up, and asked me if I was okay. When I realized what happened, I got off the recumbant bike and ran down to splash my face in the bathroom. I remember thinking about vacationing in Florida at some point this year, and then fog.....lol. I woke up a little and decided to do the elyptical.
Got an hour done, then went home to a house that looked like a cyclone hit it. Hitting the gym later for some iron pumping, then back home with the cleaning. Ugghhh! I wish I could snap my finger and have everything be shiny and organized. Just saying!

Muscgrows
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I have a lot of things that I need to change about myself. I am pretty demanding as a partner and a friend. When I love someone, I love in a way that most of the people in my life can't understand. When someone that I love is sick, then I worry and try to find a way to fix it. When someone is unhappy, I try to find a way to cheer them up or make their pain become mine; so as to release the weight from they're shoulders. I have always been that way. I was raised that way. Being this way (I realize) can smother a person.
I started this journey for the same reasons. My husband wanted to start having kids, and he was concerned about my carrying at my size. So to calm his fears, I joined the weight management center. Now that I have, unfortunately he has since seen the results of my hard work, and is now feeling like I may leave him. I have tried to reassure him that I am not going anywhere. i need to let him hash his issues out on his time.

In short here is what I have learned:
1. I cannot change people, only offer my support where accepted.
2. It is okay to allow someone else the opportunity to take the reigns.
3. My family is a priority, but, so am I.
4. I need to see a decent therapist.

Bottom line: I am committed to me now. This journey is mine. I am going to get what I put into it.

Sunnyday
01-30-2011, 11:15 PM
I have a lot of things that I need to change about myself. I am pretty demanding as a partner and a friend. When I love someone, I love in a way that most of the people in my life can't understand. When someone that I love is sick, then I worry and try to find a way to fix it. When someone is unhappy, I try to find a way to cheer them up or make their pain become mine; so as to release the weight from they're shoulders. I have always been that way. I was raised that way. Being this way (I realize) can smother a person.
I started this journey for the same reasons. My husband wanted to start having kids, and he was concerned about my carrying at my size. So to calm his fears, I joined the weight management center. Now that I have, unfortunately he has since seen the results of my hard work, and is now feeling like I may leave him. I have tried to reassure him that I am not going anywhere. i need to let him hash his issues out on his time.

Bottom line: I am committed to me now. This journey is mine. I am going to get what I put into it.

Lotsa truth there, girl. Definitely on the right track IMO.

Suzanne
01-30-2011, 11:48 PM
It's a long journey of not only changing physically but learning about yourself and others. Sometimes a hard road but worth every bit of it.

freebirdmac
01-31-2011, 07:53 PM

Sounds like you have already seen a therapist :)

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Sounds like you have already seen a therapist :)
Thanks everyone. Freebirdmac, I haven't not for a short while.

freebirdmac
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone. Freebirdmac, I haven't not for a short while.

Ha! I meant it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and have things pretty straight. In other words, you don't need a therapist! :)

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Ha! I meant it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and have things pretty straight. In other words, you don't need a therapist! :)
LOL! Thanks.

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Yippee! Back/calves day was solo, but, still fun

Close grip pulldowns:
10@60 lbs.
8@70
8@80

Bent bb rows:
10@65 lbs.
8@85
8@85 Felt nice and heavy.

Straight arm pulldowns:
15@70
12@80
4@90
repeated 10@80

Seated Cable rows (V handle):
20@60
20@70
20@70 Felt nice and heavy.

Machine row 100 reps:
20@80
10@70
20@60
20@50
20@40
10@30

Seated calf rises:
15@255
15@275
15@295
15@315
15@335

Standing calf rises:
20@75
20@95
20@115
20@135
10@155 Failure.

60 minutes on the elyptical pwo

Sunnyday
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Niiiicce!

Don't know how you ever managed 60 min of cardio pwo...I can barely do 30 and certainly not after a killer wo like that.

I am just the opposite of you on calves, I am much stronger standing than seated. If I do them standing, I can crank 10+ reps @ 230 but then have to change to leg press b/c standing compresses my back too much to go heavier even though I know my calves could handle in the 300s if my back didn't give out. Seated calves, still trying to make it into triple digits, LOL!

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Niiiicce!

Don't know how you ever managed 60 min of cardio pwo...I can barely do 30 and certainly not after a killer wo like that.

I am just the opposite of you on calves, I am much stronger standing than seated. If I do them standing, I can crank 10+ reps @ 230 but then have to change to leg press b/c standing compresses my back too much to go heavier even though I know my calves could handle in the 300s if my back didn't give out. Seated calves, still trying to make it into triple digits, LOL!

I have issues with standing calfs. It burns soooo good. I just cant get over 155 lbs. Now on seated, I can do well into 400 lbs. I needed to survive atleast an hour on the eliptical, so I took it easy.

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Did you do seated calf raises on the leg press? Good workout! You'll have to show me what machines you used next time we train together.

Sunnyday
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Ya, I love standing calves for the burn. I can't seem to get the same burn doing them on leg press.

There is a 30 min limit on cardio equipment at my gym. Doing an hour I would have to switch cardio type halfway between (like get off the elliptical and onto the bike or treadmill), LOL! Thankfully I am not there yet.

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Did you do seated calf raises on the leg press? Good workout! You'll have to show me what machines you used next time we train together.

Yes ma'am. I did the seated leg press at the high weights. Standing calf on the machine we did last time. It burned soooo goood. I was pumped. Still pumped. Missed you though!

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna teach you a new seated calf raise. And I believe the standing ones were supposed to be body weight but you go with your bad self!

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna teach you a new seated calf raise. And I believe the standing ones were supposed to be body weight but you go with your bad self!
Ooooooops! sorry! I am still a gwasshopper! a cute one! :p You will have to show me that one.

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Nothing to be sorry about. You did great!

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Ya, I love standing calves for the burn. I can't seem to get the same burn doing them on leg press.

There is a 30 min limit on cardio equipment at my gym. Doing an hour I would have to switch cardio type halfway between (like get off the elliptical and onto the bike or treadmill), LOL! Thankfully I am not there yet.
I was making up for not doing fasted cardio this morning. I cam home and did 1/2 hour of wii interactive as well.

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Nothing to be sorry about. You did great!
Why thank you. Just giving my all!

Sledge
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I am holding out. He now says things about "not signing up to marry a man". He tells me he will not approve of my getting "ridiculously muscular". I am gonna wait and see what happens.

Just tell him how much better the sex will be. how much more energetic, How much more you'll want it and how much more experimental you'll be with increased health and self confidence.

Problem solved.

Sunnyday
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Just tell him how much better the sex will be. how much more energetic, How much more you'll want it and how much more experimental you'll be with increased health and self confidence.

Problem solved.

Truth!

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
X3!

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Problem solved.
Ahh! Sledge, I have always been energetic and flexible and confident when in bed. That is where I have never had a problem. :daz:

freebirdmac
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I'd like to know how to get "ridiculously muscular". As much weight as I can push around I'm surely doing something wrong :rolleyes:

Sledge
02-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Ahh! Sledge, I have always been energetic and flexible and confident when in bed. That is where I have never had a problem. :daz:

But MORE energetic. more flexible. and who said anything about bed, think of the possibility. Phone booths, car seats, movie theaters, the swings at the park, the hood of the car, HELL in the trunk of the car, other peoples front doorsteps.......well......ok maybe not there too often.

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM
But MORE energetic. more flexible. and who said anything about bed, think of the possibility. Phone booths, car seats, movie theaters, the swings at the park, the hood of the car, HELL in the trunk of the car, other peoples front doorsteps.......well......ok maybe not there too often.

:drool: Wow! thanks for the idea's. Hadn't considered that!

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Now ya know why I lust...err, love him. :D

Muscgrows
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Now ya know why I lust...err, love him. :D
:bowdown:

Sledge
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
And if you end up "ridiculously muscular". Then you can move furniture. Carry more beer in from the car in a single load. He can get rid of the jack in the car. open those tight jars of pickles. The posibilitys are endless. A "ridiculously muscular" chick around the house is always handy.

Muscgrows
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
And if you end up "ridiculously muscular". Then you can move furniture. Carry more beer in from the car in a single load. He can get rid of the jack in the car. open those tight jars of pickles. The posibilitys are endless. A "ridiculously muscular" chick around the house is always handy.
:lmao: I will tell him!

partsRheavy
02-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Summer home remodeling project coming up??

Muscles come in handy just like the tools n' stuff ya buy at that Low store or that Home (train station). :-)

Muscgrows
02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Summer home remodeling project coming up??

Muscles come in handy just like the tools n' stuff ya buy at that Low store or that Home (train station). :-)
:p I will pass that one on to him.

freebirdmac
02-06-2011, 08:28 AM
MIA???

Hope everything is ok. Crickets are moving into your journal :p

GirlyMuscle
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
She's been really quiet for the last two days. We don't train together on Fridays and Saturdays because I work both jobs and she works hers so we have no time together. I'll see her today at 4 after she gets out of work and we meet up for a workout. Usually we text during the day but she's been quiet. I'll let ya know...or she will when she posts up today's workout.

GirlyMuscle
02-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I just heard from Sandra's husband. She slipped on ice and hit her head. She was in the hospital overnight, held for observation. She should be released today.

freebirdmac
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I just heard from Sandra's husband. She slipped on ice and hit her head. She was in the hospital overnight, held for observation. She should be released today.

Holy crap! A friend did that, thought he was ok, coworker insisted on calling 911, and he flatlined in the ambulance. I'm so glad she got checked out and is ok. No doubt other parts of her body will also be sore.

Yeesh. Falls like that can be terrible. That's really scary!

partsRheavy
02-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh man what a bummer!!!! Ice is treacherous especially on hills!!!!

There were a few days last year back in North Carolina when I considered buying a pair of mountaineers' crampons to just to walk on ice that was on sidewalks.

When it was really bad, I used to use trekking poles to walk up and down the hill from the parking spot to the house....

Sandra I hope you get better soon!!!!!

Muscgrows
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM

GM,
my car slid into a ditch, I got out to assess when a ups truck rounded the corner. It started to slide towards my car. I jumped out of the way to avoid getting hit, when I fell back into an Ice mountain and hit my neck and head. Long story short, I went through my day at work, where I progressively worse. At end of the day, I told my hubby to else me too the ED, where I somehow got upgraded to trauma services, and ended up being admitted. sugars are dangerously low, and not maintaining. Have a concussion,but, am alive. Will get out of jail soon.

GirlyMuscle
02-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh shoot! I would have come over this afternoon but hubby said he thought you'd be coming home today!