PDA

View Full Version : building a tolerance???

MadHatter67
01-12-2011, 08:49 AM
can anyone tell me if the body starts to build a tolerance to gear? and if so, why is this? i was having a conversation with a friend about why it seems like the gains you make on your first cycle are always the best, and i realized i have never read anything dealing with this.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-12-2011, 09:36 AM
androgen receptor fatigue...

Gunners
01-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I have a wishy washy understanding, other can elaborate or correct me. It's homeostatic control, the steroid attaches to the receptor and the hypothalamus makes a choice between positive feedback or negative feedback. Positive feedback mechanisms are designed to push levels out of normal ranges and in our case build muscle. Negative feedback mechanisms do the opposite and happens when we use for prolonged periods of times. Homeostasis is a complex regulator anybody with info as it pertains to BB post up, i would be interested.

MadHatter67
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
attila, is receptor fatigue the same as down regulation? i remember reading something heavy posted a couple weeks ago mentioning down regulation...something like myostatin was more to blame for stalled gains than receptor down regulation.

gunners, thanks for the info. this is a top i would be interested to see some sited research on...maybe heavy can post up some stuff???