PDA

View Full Version : what is it about this group?

Bryan Hildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:37 PM
sallyanne asked me what it was that made the masters tick as a group? I said, "its an understanding that the rest of the board couldnt understand. its that kinda mentality that makes me come back every day to read, share and learn."

just so you know.

mrky03
01-13-2011, 05:14 AM
With so much conflicting advice out there its nice to know there is a place like this to look to for sound advice coming from people who have been around the block a few times.

freebirdmac
01-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Maturity, experience, civility, dedication, and sense of brotherhood is far greater than the need to be top dog,

HeavyDutyGuy
01-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Honestly, we all are experienced, have been through a lot of life, and get things that the younger group might not.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-13-2011, 06:13 AM
The Rx Masters group has been an inspiration to me, for sure!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
I often venture into the main Forum only to be be reminded by a snot nosed zit back creatine swilling kid that I don't know what the fuck I am talking about. So I come back into the Masters where I can continue to fool you.

Bill

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I tried to rep you all but I gotta recharge.

X2 what every one else said. :)

Mac
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
We're just a bunch rejects from society because we don't succumb to the perils of old-age.

Most all of the masters here in this forum have accomplished something in their life beyond bodybuilding but yet continue to strive for more by building better bodies.

But I agree with BaldieWon, sometimes the younger snot noses think they know and have done everything. [honk] as I blow my nose!

joedemarco
01-13-2011, 09:46 AM
There is no immature bullshit that goes on in this masters forum. We are here to support each other, whether it's in regards to bodybuilding or just life in general.

We are all at that age where we can relate to each other's lives. Also, anyone who is lifting past the age of 40 has that certain passion that we all love and respect. Sure, all bodybuilders make sacrifices to compete. However, there's a big difference competing when you at 25 then 45 (or 55, 65...). Competing at our age is totally different. We have spouses/significant others, kids, work committments, elderly parents to care for, bills to pay, and a lot more f--king injuries to deal with. Therefore, we know that, and support each other.

Oh, and don't forget we all grew up in the 60's and 70's and therefore like to smoke a lot of weed. That helps the bonding process also...:p

Bryan Hildebrand
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
I am a product of a redneck jarhead from shreveport La. no weed. cocktails however can start any time of the day. its noon somewhere in the world right?

KevinCouch
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM
When Matt told me about this forum when I met him at the Masters I thought sure whatever I'll visit it and see what the other geriatrics are up to like myself. Slowly I got sucked into this underground world and now I can't put it down. It's like crack.

You guys are just like me. Had many successes (and failures) in life. Going thru family or personal trauma, injuries, sicknesses just like me. But we all have the common thread of being addicted to bodybuilding and it's what' makes us strong internally to cope with the day to day bullshit. My family really doesn't understand why I go to this forum everynight and I try and explan it to her but not worth it. Just know that I've got your back guys and ladies...as I know you've got mine. See most of you in Pitt! Can't wait.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:17 AM
I wont be in Pitt this year. sallyanne will be there covering it though.

Amazon Doll
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm in the masters forum more and more. There are a lot of amazing people in here!

Hammerfit
01-13-2011, 10:36 AM
3 little reasons:

we like to look good, fuck and train legs

SallyAnne
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm told you'd like a new description for the masters forum... :)

Let me know what you want and I'll change it.

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Not to mention we're all hawt!

Mac
01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm told you'd like a new description for the masters forum... :)

Let me know what you want and I'll change it.

The Big Barry Free Zone!

BigJD69
01-13-2011, 10:54 AM
To all the Young-Ones that think they know it all KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EARS OPEN YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING!!!!!!

axioma
01-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Great thread, good way to start the new year and get energized, refocused.
The forum...wow, it has been a part of my LIFE for the last year...the kind of part that you have sit down and really explain it to your partner...what it means to you
..it means a great deal to me. Ok, 'nuff said.

JoeB8962
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
You guys said it, this forum is all about having others you can relate too. We all are down the road quite a ways in lifes journey, made mistakes along the way and bounced back from them. We are from different walks of life but share the same passion.

Why at our age do we do this..my 3 Daughters don't get it my friends that are not gym friends don't get it but all of you do! I think that's the bond!!

SallyAnne
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
The Big Barry Free Zone!

You'll hurt his feelings. ;) lol

Bryan Hildebrand
01-13-2011, 11:15 AM
you have a PM

The Big Sexy
01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
There is no immature bullshit that goes on in this masters forum. We are here to support each other, whether it's in regards to bodybuilding or just life in general.

We are all at that age where we can relate to each other's lives. Also, anyone who is lifting past the age of 40 has that certain passion that we all love and respect. Sure, all bodybuilders make sacrifices to compete. However, there's a big difference competing when you at 25 then 45 (or 55, 65...). Competing at our age is totally different. We have spouses/significant others, kids, work committments, elderly parents to care for, bills to pay, and a lot more f--king injuries to deal with. Therefore, we know that, and support each other.

Oh, and don't forget we all grew up in the 60's and 70's and therefore like to smoke a lot of weed. That helps the bonding process also...:p

Wait what? I may have to hang out here more often...

KyMuscle
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
So many great answers to the question posed at the start of this thread, all summed up by this:

Freebirdmac wrote:

Maturity, experience, civility, dedication, and sense of brotherhood is far greater than the need to be top dog,

SallyAnne wrote:

I'm told you'd like a new description for the masters forum...

This?

The Thinker
01-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow, I feel like I'm missing out as I've only participated periodically!!! I do, however, know that this is a great group.

IzlamikPork
01-15-2011, 10:59 PM
So many great answers to the question posed at the start of this thread, all summed up by this:

Freebirdmac wrote:

SallyAnne wrote:

I'm told you'd like a new description for the masters forum...

This?

Add one. "We like to look good, fuck, train legs, and smoke weed"

8itup
01-16-2011, 03:31 AM
And the shirt :ok:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/901/billsmaller.jpg

sassy69
01-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I think we've all done the pursuit of LIFT BIG, but now that we can't hide behind optimal levels of natural growth hormone, we are now in pursuit of LIFT BETTER!