PDA

View Full Version : Should we count calories precisely daily ??

GrowthGifted
03-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Guys, I need some advice from your personal experiences.

I take training VERY seriously and I know nutrition is very important. Do you guys think that counting daily calories is necessary?

What's your thoughts on this issue and do you guys count your calories daily ?

thanks!

natron
03-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Personally, once your accustomed to your diet, I see no need for it other than wasting time.

Maybe somewhat justifiable while changing diet protocol (changing goals). At least for a week or two while adjusting.

If you measure everything while following a structured diet for an extended period of time, you should have a very good estimate.

Sledge
03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it's very important when you first start. And once you get used to it it becomes second nature.

Legend
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
If you make sure that you are getting the proper nutrients, like protein, fat, etc, for the goal you are trying to achieve, there is no reason to count calories. The calories will take care of themselves.

Frosty
03-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I calculate what I need in my diet and I ALWAYS use a scale. I can't estimate well and I can't handle eating what I want....I have a voracious appetite. To me weighing my food is vital when cutting or gaining.

fitcorps
03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I calculate my macro nutrients. I know the profiles of almost all the foods I eat (prot/carb/fat content). I meet my daily macros according to my goal at the given time and calories fall into place - or there abouts.

Legend
03-24-2009, 01:00 PM
I calculate my macro nutrients. I know the profiles of almost all the foods I eat (prot/carb/fat content). I meet my daily macros according to my goal at the given time and calories fall into place - or there abouts.

Exactly

Big Al
03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
It comes with experience, you pretty much know how much your intake is on any day (training day/cheat day). It becomes second nature. People who don't know how many calories in 1 gram of fat or carbs become an aliens to you... :)

gman
03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
if I don't I gain weight rapidly

I will say though, I am on Dave's diet, so technically, while I have counted up the calories to see what he has me eating (2570 per day), it is nice just eating the exact same stuff every day and not having to count as I go.

If I weren't on his plan, I would definitely be counting.

orhochris
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM
no...

anthony1992
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I always count all of my calories

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 01:23 AM
after a while you have a good idea of the caloric count, but you get there my measuring and counting at the start