PDA

View Full Version : Where's Baldie's Thread

Mac
01-15-2011, 09:02 AM
So the thread that inspired me to start lifting again and join RX with almost 20,000 posts is now gone!

What's going on? I would have to assume Baldie asked for it to be deleted.

A sad day here in the Master's forum.

joedemarco
01-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Steve, yes it is a sad day. Some asshole (named Forgotton) was posting crazy shit on Bill's thread yesterday. He was also messaging Bill over and over again. Bill called me and said this guy had Monica and him kind of freaked out. Guess this guy knew a little to much almost as if he was some type of stalker.

I deleted the post, and had the administrator ban Forgotton from the board. However, as everyone knows, he can just come back under a different name. Therefore, Bill asked me to delete his thread and all other post/threads. As of right now, Bill doesn't plan on returning. Just like you, I'm very upset and disappointed that Bill won't be around.

Mac
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
All it takes is some crazy jealous asshole to fuck things up for everyone. I saw the two posts by forgotten and neg repped him.

Bill, you're not the kind of man to run and hide from adversity. I hope you'll reconsider, again, to come back to the fold. We all need you here.

mrky03
01-15-2011, 09:35 AM
That sux big time! Baldie is like the team mascot around here! Don't people have anything better to focus on than hate? Its just crazy.

freebirdmac
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
This just sucks. I wonder what that guy's problem is.

The Big Sexy
01-15-2011, 10:45 AM
That sux big time! Baldie is like the team mascot around here! Don't people have anything better to focus on than hate? Its just crazy.

I would say he's more like a team leader than a mascot... lol

The Big Sexy
01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
BTW - this enrages me....

Ibarramedia
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Wait. you guys are saying every single one of Baldie one Kenobi's posts are deleted? Oh that's a shame.

Ibarramedia
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Hold on..... All this because of a car thread? Damn that sucks.

mrky03
01-15-2011, 11:42 AM
I would say he's more like a team leader than a mascot... lol

Well said, better choice of words! lol Still it leaves a gaping hole in our board.... SAD!

Bryan Hildebrand
01-15-2011, 01:00 PM
the poster can not re=register unless he is able to access a different IP address. it is the IP that is banned. can someone shoot me an email or phone number for baldie please?

Hammerfit
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I cant stand some shameless little dick fucker that has to hide behind a computer and fuck things up for others. Bill come back we need you here, you are our leader and hold us together, don't let a little adversity run you off, you're way tougher than that!

KyMuscle
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Why must there always be some stupid SOB who has to ruin things for everyone else?

I didn't comment much in your thread, Bill, but I read it daily. Hope you return!

8itup
01-15-2011, 03:21 PM
the poster can not re=register unless he is able to access a different IP address. it is the IP that is banned. can someone shoot me an email or phone number for baldie please?

Just PM'd you

Diabetic Muscle
01-15-2011, 04:16 PM
That's bullshit. I enjoyed the guys post and thought he was a stand up guy.

Amazon Doll
01-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Most states have "cyber stalking" laws.

You can be prosecuted for using the internet to harass someone. Giving this guy's IP addy to the police would be a good idea if he made any threats or continued any harassment after he was told to stop.

bodyhard
01-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Steve, yes it is a sad day. Some asshole (named Forgotton) was posting crazy shit on Bill's thread yesterday. He was also messaging Bill over and over again. Bill called me and said this guy had Monica and him kind of freaked out. Guess this guy knew a little to much almost as if he was some type of stalker.

I deleted the post, and had the administrator ban Forgotton from the board. However, as everyone knows, he can just come back under a different name. Therefore, Bill asked me to delete his thread and all other post/threads. As of right now, Bill doesn't plan on returning. Just like you, I'm very upset and disappointed that Bill won't be around.

Wow that is fucked up had to be somebody he knows irl life if the shit got that bad. Why would Bill leave? I am going to call him this sucks ass

Rick Prince
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
It is a shame some A-hole can be so destructive with their actions. I hope Bill can return. He was definitely a major contributor and cornerstone of the Masters Forum.

s2h
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
this is a really crappy thing that happened to Baldie..just an fyi..if any members see anything out of line like this in the future..pm..joe..or any of the mods so we can take the proper action ASAP...we will not tolerate our good members in standing having this kinda chicken shit crap happen to them...

JoeB8962
01-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Very, very sad that people stoop so low..Baldie hope you come back to the fourm your insight and outlook toward bodybuilding and life are appreciative

axioma
01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Got a text from Baldie about this, very cryptic, very upset. I think I understand where Baldie is coming from with the delete request. His journal is an epistle..full of really personal relevations and self discovery that he blessed us with. To have any of this used in a way to inflict PAIN in some sick, twisted way...you don't want to go down that road again.
I think Baldie will be back...just speculating here: He is living an entirely NEW life...one he never dreamed he would...full of posivitivity and potential. Let's let him get a handle on all this...settle in, train...and just enjoy. I think (hope)(pray) he will be back before Pitt...miss ya.

rcp1936
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Don't you wonder why people are like that ?
Nothing in their life to give them satisfaction so that they get their kicks that way

Curt James
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
^ I believe that's exactly the case. It's the only thing I really remember from high school. The health teacher discussing "misplaced aggression". People can't talk back to their boss so they come home and kick the cat instead.

Well, Bill is one cat these jerks shouldn't kick. I mean get a life, stalkers.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Cant they trace this guy? (I dont think he would like a bunch of us showing up at HIS door, ;))

Mac
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Cant they trace this guy? (I dont think he would like a bunch of us showing up at HIS door, ;))

Certainly they can trace them. Will they? We don't know because we're not aware of the details and if any crime was committed.

Regardless, it would be fun to use some of my cyberhacking techniques and it wouldn't be long then before I could identify them. Then TEAM BALDIE could make a visit without anyone being the wiser.

But my life as a hacker is over, for now! Now if a mod would just happen to somehow divulge the IP address... :dunno:

Hammerfit
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Certainly they can trace them. Will they? We don't know because we're not aware of the details and if any crime was committed.

Regardless, it would be fun to use some of my cyberhacking techniques and it wouldn't be long then before I could identify them. Then TEAM BALDIE could make a visit without anyone being the wiser.

But my life as a hacker is over, for now! Now if a mod would just happen to somehow divulge the IP address... :dunno:

you are a dangerous man and you have some very strong dangerous friends! I think some dickhead may have traveled down the wrong road

Mac
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I think some dickhead has traveled down the wrong road

fixed that! LOL

daft205
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
How awful! That really sucks! I mean the fact the a fixture like that could get, basically forced off the board by some psycho is terrible. The dude is a wealth of knowledge and his presence will clearly be missed.... Let's just hope this thing shakes itself out and baldie returns.

freebirdmac
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM

I knew I liked you! :hmn:

The Big Sexy
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM

That would be completely against our policy here. If you did come about his IP address somehow, I can assure you that it would not be from our mod crew... or... myself.

axioma
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
fixed that! LOL

I might need to hire you...

Mac
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
That would be completely against our policy here. If you did come about his IP address somehow, I can assure you that it would not be from our mod crew... or... myself.

I know this... you know this...

GerryT
01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Heard from Baldie, and he and Monica are fine. He just feels that he has to lay low from the internet. He got some scary stuff sent him.

I miss him already. But I would have done the same. This is the down side of the internet, and we are all vulnerable.

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm shocked to read this...stunned. Our masters forum without Baldie is like a legs WO without squats. Just wrong.

Curt James
01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I might need to hire you...

In all seriousness, someone should hire this guy.

B0hZ1KKpV54

Terraj
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Wow...that thread sold me on this place

Sunnyday
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey Baldie, hope you are reading this & feeling all the love from us @ RXM!

:flowers:

The Thinker
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Got a text from Baldie about this, very cryptic, very upset. I think I understand where Baldie is coming from with the delete request. His journal is an epistle..full of really personal relevations and self discovery that he blessed us with. To have any of this used in a way to inflict PAIN in some sick, twisted way...you don't want to go down that road again.
I think Baldie will be back...just speculating here: He is living an entirely NEW life...one he never dreamed he would...full of posivitivity and potential. Let's let him get a handle on all this...settle in, train...and just enjoy. I think (hope)(pray) he will be back before Pitt...miss ya.

What a bummer. The greatness of Baldie's thread was how open and honest it was but not in a self indulgent way that we normally see in BBing. I was so inspired by many of his posts, especially when he was able to power through personal problems. I hope he comes back soon as this community is much better with his participation (no disrespect to anyone else).

Hammerfit
01-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote from Ron Harris, "After all, haters are going to hate. That's what miserable people who are unhappy with their own lives do."

Sledge
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
This is terrible. It's sad that one misserable fucked up cunt can do so much damage to not only Baldie and Monica. But deprive the rest of us of his input. One screwed up little fucker did this.

Mac
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote from Ron Harris, "After all, haters are going to hate. That's what miserable people who are unhappy with their own lives do."

You may recall I had the same issue several months back. Fortunately the asshole disappeared or at least stopped giving me shit. It took me a while to just forget about it and return to the forums and I am sure Bill will be back too. I f'n hope he will.

partsRheavy
01-18-2011, 02:06 PM
This is terrible. This sort of thing is a big part of the reason that I post anonymously.

A couple of years ago, I had a non-bodybuilding-related blog under my real name. An individual religious zealot started posting abusive comments at my blog. I decided to delete the blog to avoid negative attention being focused on myself.

And to this day, I absolutely detest religious zealots!!!!

Curt James
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM

vQRbDSwZIME

joedemarco
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
When the "Where's Baldie's Thread" reaches 50,000+ views (like his original thread had) I believe that Baldie must return according to federal law.

I hope Baldie has popped in recently to see how much he is missed.

axioma
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
He knows...and that, in and of itself, can be a little scarey.

Hammerfit
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
He knows...and that, in and of itself, can be a little scarey.

Big Brother is always watchin you

DUKE56
01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah sometimes you have this feeling of this huge bald guy looking over your shoulder....then you quickly turn around and nothing...he's gone already.
I know I'm not a big bodybuilder or have won any big competitions. But there are guy's like me that are close to Baldies age and we read his thread and it gave a little insight to what we were still capible of. I myself, I'm 55, and I still want to look good; even if I don't compete I want to look better than the average 55 year old.
I have had some bad reactions to something I posted in another part of the website and almost deleted myself from here, but was encouraged not to do so. There alot of good folks here, but a few are quick to laugh at and belittle the older bodybuilders.
I know Baldie doesn't know me from Adam, but I have to have admiration for a man that has gone through what he did last year and still push forward.
Mac, your another man that I hold high on the list of people that keep me from turning back to the old life and be a couch potato. It's like I said before, there are alot of good folks here.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
This is just messed up.. I had that happen -stalking- on AOL years ago- and Facebook last year- but both women, and really freaky .. it's really unnerving. I hope Baldie finds us again sometime when the coast is clear.

GerryT
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Definitely messed up, spooky and sad. Heard from Baldie and basically his life is going very well right now. He still plans do do the over 60 and over 70 Masters in July.

So he is OK and says hello.

Sunnyday
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Definitely messed up, spooky and sad. Heard from Baldie and basically his life is going very well right now. He still plans do do the over 60 and over 70 Masters in July.

Thanks for letting us know he's OK. :yep:

freebirdmac
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Hiya Baldie!!! :heythere:

GerryT
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I feel a kinship with him, since I am also a baldie!!

axioma
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Yea, thanks Gerry! Glad you are on top of this.

Rick Prince
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the update, Gerry!

Hammerfit
01-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I feel a kinship with him, since I am also a baldie!!

Tell the old fu.. I said hey and to keep up the good work!

GerryT
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Old fu..? Oh, Baldie?? Will do, he misses everyone.

And for everyone who will be in Pittsburgh in July, we will have to have a Baldie reunion. We will be staying at Sheraton, and would be great to get together.

8itup
01-21-2011, 10:45 PM
"Forgotton" is a coward that hides behind his computer and thinks he's invisible but he isn't and he hasn't been forgotten. If you are reading this you piece of shit hit me up. Or do you only try and scare people? You can PM me anytime, look me up I'm all over the net, go to my profile, call me, email me, come see me, I eat fuckers like you up. You just might have fucked with the wrong person. You are not the only one that can hunt on this site there are some beasty mother fuckers that aren't above laying your sorry ass out, so listen up bitch PM me I look forward to it.

GerryT
01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Was in touch with Baldie yesterday, and he is doing well and says hello and best wishes to everyone here. His ultimate goal is to be bigger and better than 2010 and go for that pro card in the over 60 Masters. I think he has a real shot at it.

Hammerfit
01-31-2011, 09:27 AM
"Forgotton" is a coward that hides behind his computer and thinks he's invisible but he isn't and he hasn't been forgotten. If you are reading this you piece of shit hit me up. Or do you only try and scare people? You can PM me anytime, look me up I'm all over the net, go to my profile, call me, email me, come see me, I eat fuckers like you up. You just might have fucked with the wrong person. You are not the only one that can hunt on this site there are some beasty mother fuckers that aren't above laying your sorry ass out, so listen up bitch PM me I look forward to it.

Well said!

AnglicanBeachParty
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
And for everyone who will be in Pittsburgh in July, we will have to have a Baldie reunion. We will be staying at Sheraton, and would be great to get together.

Looking forward to this with much anticipation!

axioma
01-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Baldie tore a pec...waiting to see surgeon...will keep posted.

freebirdmac
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM

Damn. He had been nursing a strained pec not too long ago correct? Just a pita bump in the road for Baldy.

Hammerfit
01-31-2011, 12:47 PM

fuck, If its torn that a serious injury. I tore mine in the 80's. Never recovered.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM

Crap. Very sorry to hear about this!!

KevinCouch
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM

Damn, Baldie has been thru so much! Well, if anyone can recover quickly it's Baldie. I sure hope it's not a full tear maybe just a partial tear!!

axioma
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM
complete tear. Pins thu. 6 mos. no lifting. Says he will become cardio fiend, lol. He will be in pitt! Great attitude, he is ok. I gave him a "project"...he is awesome...g'nite.

tifflex
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
complete tear. Pins thu. 6 mos. no lifting. Says he will become cardio fiend, lol. He will be in pitt! Great attitude, he is ok. I gave him a "project"...he is awesome...g'nite.
Thanks for the update.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Love ya Baldie:hmn:!

GerryT
01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks for update, Matt. Baldie did not mention that. Hope he will recover from it.

axioma
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
I write like blp when I use phone.

freebirdmac
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM

Holy crap! That's about as bad as it can get. Does the no lifting apply to legs as well?

KevinCouch
01-31-2011, 08:31 PM
I write like blp when I use phone.

You gotta love blp! Just started wandering off Masters forum the past few days and saw posts from blp, he is entertaining.

Mac
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
You gotta love blp! Just started wandering off Masters forum the past few days and saw posts from blp, he is entertaining.

He is as bad as Kai when it comes to fruits. That was entertainment I didn't need to see!

I just PM'd Baldie this morning and all was well. Damn. This sucks for him big time!

Sunnyday
01-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Feel better, Baldie! Praying for a speedy recovery for you and that you'll be hitting PRs in 6 mos + 1 week. ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
02-01-2011, 03:56 AM
All is not lost my friends. Golds now offers Zumba classes. This gives me the opportunity to stay toned, preserve my precious 4 1/2 pack, to wear my favorite outfits, share a few recepies, pick up some great dance beats for my IPOD, and be close to Monica who will be out on the main floor pumping iron with the guys. sniff sniff

Cardio Bunny Bill

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
:hmn:

We miss you buddy! Good to hear from you! Take care!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Shall I show y'all what my pec tear looks like or will it gross you out?

Cardio Bunny Bill

Mac
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Shall I show y'all what my pec tear looks like or will it gross you out?

Cardio Bunny Bill

Let's see the damage.

How bad is the tear?

Baldiewonkanobi
02-01-2011, 08:23 AM
100% torn off the humerous bone. FUGLY.

Cardio Bunny Bill

Mac
02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
fuckin' ouch. how soon is the surgery?

Mac
02-01-2011, 08:30 AM
What were you doing at the time it happened?

Baldiewonkanobi
02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Incline Smith Machine bench at 45 deg. 4 wheels on 3rd rep. I did 6 reps last week?? And I was very warmed up.

Knife 11am Th.

CBB

Hammerfit
02-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Incline Smith Machine bench at 45 deg. 4 wheels on 3rd rep. I did 6 reps last week?? And I was very warmed up.

Knife 11am Th.

CBB

Gods speed on recovery Big Bro! I am very sorry this has happened to you. If anyone can recovery, it would be you. You one tough some bitch!

KevinCouch
02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Like I said above, if anyone can comeback stronger and completely healed it's you Bill!! Lookin forward to seeing you in Pttsburgh.

DUKE56
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Good luck with the surgery.

axioma
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Glad you came back to touch base with the brethren and sistren (sp?) uhhh. I don't mind being a conduit of communication from the ethereal realm, however an occassional rattling of chains and loud thumps keep us honest and on task...

HeavyDutyGuy
02-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Wow. That sucks! Bad Luck Bears. Damn. so is 2011 the plan for competing then?

GerryT
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Baldie, thanks for message. Will be praying on Thursday. Full and speedy recovery!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Does the no lifting apply to legs as well?

Are you kidding. Had a brutal leg session this morning. It was inventive and effective. In 6 months I will have Pro Card legs as planned. I sincerely mean this....best Over 60 legs bar none. Its the Gwenyth Paltroe upper body I now fear.

CBB

KyMuscle
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry about your injury, but glad to see you posting again.

Got a friend who teaches Zumba... I can just imagine you in those tasseled outfits.

Heal fast!

Sunnyday
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Are you kidding. Had a brutal leg session this morning. It was inventive and effective. In 6 months I will have Pro Card legs as planned. I sincerely mean this....best Over 60 legs bar none. Its the Gwenyth Paltroe upper body I now fear.

CBB

Progress pics on those legs, please. :yep:

koruverde
02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Really regretted getting that rotten message Baldie..so sorry man!!!
I'm makin' like your're still in it big time so you're NOT off the hook by any means!!
Bummer!! TTYL

Baldiewonkanobi
02-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow. That sucks! Bad Luck Bears. Damn. so is 2011 the plan for competing then?

:yep: 2012 :yep:

CBB

8itup
02-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I like the new signature "CBB" and you are doing the right kind of Cardio:yep:

HeavyDutyGuy
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
:yep: 2012 :yep:

CBB

Awesome- I will see you win then. Anyone left for 2011?

mrky03
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
That just sux! Sorry to hear about the pec tear! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I like the new signature "CBB" and you are doing the right kind of Cardio :yep:

Funny thing is that I know that you know that I know what I/we mean here. Cardio with that certain Latin beat. And....often.

So it will be cardio, legs, cardio, isometrics, cardio, legs etc etc.

CCB

freebirdmac
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Have fun Baldie :D

Mac
02-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Funny thing is that I know that you know that I know what I/we mean here. Cardio with that certain Latin beat. And....often.

So it will be cardio, legs, cardio, isometrics, cardio, legs etc etc.

CCB

I just don't want to read about any injuries you might get doing that funny thing!

Bobr
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Well said. Bill is a friend of mine. We go back a VERY LONG WAY-like 30 years. I'd like to run across the "stalker" and relieve some of my pent up tension.

Bobr
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM

If you want some company count me in. Not kidding.

Hey Bill. If you are reading these call me at work.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I would loooove to lay this guy out.. any time, any where !

GerryT
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Heard from Baldie and he is OK and in great spirits. Surgery went very well, and he has to see doctor in about 5 days to check dressing. The prognosis looks good for his recovery. He says hi to everyone here, and plans to be in Pittsburgh to cheer on the competitors.

We should set up a time for a RX masters dinner!

P.S. Feel the same way about that idiotic stalker. He needs a life.

KevinCouch
02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Heard from Baldie and he is OK and in great spirits. Surgery went very well, and he has to see doctor in about 5 days to check dressing. The prognosis looks good for his recovery. He says hi to everyone here, and plans to be in Pittsburgh to cheer on the competitors.

We should set up a time for a RX masters dinner!

P.S. Feel the same way about that idiotic stalker. He needs a life.

Thanks Gerry for the update on "The Chosen One". You're right, we should set up a RX Masters Dinner on Saturday Night. It's gonna be really late though by the time shows over. Last year nothing was open except a couple of bars because we didn't finish up the overall until 12:15AM. Hopefully this year we'll be done by 10-10:30PM...still late for restaurants in Pittsburgh. But there is the lounge in the hotel.

GerryT
02-15-2011, 07:39 PM
We can figure it out, Kevin. Hoping the show will not go longer than 10 PM or so, since it will be just the men on Saturday. We'll see what happens.

Look forward to seeing you, Baldie and others.

freebirdmac
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey Baldie! Don't ignore doctor's recovery instructions too much :p

axioma
02-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Where's the What Happened to Ax thread? LOL! Ban lifted...

Mac
02-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Where's the What Happened to Ax thread? LOL! Ban lifted...

It's fuckin hypocrisy that it happened in the first place.

axioma
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Speaking of Baldie....don't get worried about the old man! He is kicking back in a tricked out hi-def entertainment man cave....converting garage into MMA studio....don't let this guy con ya! He is more of a threat with one arm than he was with two!

GerryT
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM
lol, Ax. Absolutely right. Baldie is living a good life right now. Just glad the surgery went so well. Told him he needs the patience to follow orders for optimum recovery.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Internet up and running....Yipes.... this moving into new digs with one arm is the chitz. Anyway mission accomplished. Yes garage is 50% wrestling mats and 50% weight equip. (on order). Living room is a video monstosity plus :hypno: boom box :hypno: . Monica has been the pillar of strength. We are 300 yards by crows flight from Golds...speaking of which. Workouts have been off the wall. Heavy ass legs plus one sided upper body. I believe in Symbiotic training for injuries (worked at age 65 with 3 broken leg bones)(walking in 2 weeks, squating 90 days). The body tries to balance itself with micro isometric contractions diminishing atrified. Try to do one arm chins on the assisted chin apparatus. Also one arm rowing. If you square and hold your clavicles you will notice contraction on the opposite side. Same as machine one arm benches. One arm militarys. The other delt/pec flexes. Same again on upright rows. Opposite trap and delt flexes. Direct one arm bi/tri work just keeps your good arm in the game for the future.

I am out of the sling against Docs orders. I have almost full painless range of motion. I do wear the sling in the gym so I don't do something stupid. Cant yet see the pec under the dressing. Feels PERFECT. Pics will be posted to compare against that horrific purple mess I posted last month.

CBB :)

Hammerfit
02-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Internet up and running....Yipes.... this moving into new digs with one arm is the chitz. Anyway mission accomplished. Yes garage is 50% wrestling mats and 50% weight equip. (on order). Living room is a video monstosity plus :hypno: boom box :hypno: . Monica has been the pillar of strength. We are 300 yards by crows flight from Golds...speaking of which. Workouts have been off the wall. Heavy ass legs plus one sided upper body. I believe in Symbiotic training for injuries (worked at age 65 with 3 broken leg bones)(walking in 2 weeks, squating 90 days). The body tries to balance itself with micro isometric contractions diminishing atrified. Try to do one arm chins on the assisted chin apparatus. Also one arm rowing. If you square and hold your clavicles you will notice contraction on the opposite side. Same as machine one arm benches. One arm militarys. The other delt/pec flexes. Same again on upright rows. Opposite trap and delt flexes. Direct one arm bi/tri work just keeps your good arm in the game for the future.

I am out of the sling against Docs orders. I have almost full painless range of motion. I do wear the sling in the gym so I don't do something stupid. Cant yet see the pec under the dressing. Feels PERFECT. Pics will be posted to compare against that horrific purple mess I posted last month.

CBB :)Damn glad you are back! Listening to you makes all my aches and pains feel meaningless! Keeping us real Bro!

tifflex
02-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Hi CBB:hmn:!

Mac
02-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey Baldie, Glad to see you're back on RX.

Didn't you go thru withdrawal not being here?

freebirdmac
02-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I do wear the sling in the gym so I don't do something stupid.

You do know that should go for outside of the gym as well :rolleyes:

Great to hear you are doing so well! :D

gman
02-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Awesome news, Baldie! Your tougher with one good arm than guys half your age with two!

ever1964
02-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering well Baldie. Best to you.

axioma
02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Time to bring back...Last Man Posing?

KevinCouch
02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Time to bring back...Last Man Posing?

Bring it Back Baldie. We'll all monitor the posts to help you keep the assholes out....

mrky03
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Awesome news Baldie! Layne Norton suffered a pec tear a couple of years ago and did the same things you're talking about. He recovered perfectly and amazingly he didn't lose hardly a thing while recovering.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Great re read. Had forgotten about Lane. His tear was partial yet more delicate surgery wise. Some soft tissue damage. Mine was a complete rupture at the humerous bone attachment. Surgery incl. a pin with an eye which the tendon was thread thru and knotted. I move around a lot in my sleep and sling or not move my arm all about. Found my arm behind my head this morning. Brought it slowly back down wit zero pain. The dressing fell off from the humidity while I was sitting in a half filled tub this afternoon. Looks like desolvable stitches mostly in the arm pit. the pec is perfect slightly swollen and hangs down a bit due to atrified of the upper pec. All fixable here in no time. Arm delt lat only slightly atrified. I guestimate 6 weeks full recovery a la muscle memory.

My recovery will use NO pressing movements. All flys. I noted that Lane attributes the tear to a wide Bodybuilder grip, I was doing inclines 'xtra wide' grip at the time. :mad:

CBB

KevinCouch
02-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Great re read. Had forgotten about Lane. His tear was partial yet more delicate surgery wise. Some soft tissue damage. Mine was a complete rupture at the humerous bone attachment. Surgery incl. a pin with an eye which the tendon was thread thru and knotted. I move around a lot in my sleep and sling or not move my arm all about. Found my arm behind my head this morning. Brought it slowly back down wit zero pain. The dressing fell off from the humidity while I was sitting in a half filled tub this afternoon. Looks like desolvable stitches mostly in the arm pit. the pec is perfect slightly swollen and hangs down a bit due to atrified of the upper pec. All fixable here in no time. Arm delt lat only slightly atrified. I guestimate 6 weeks full recovery a la muscle memory.

My recovery will use NO pressing movements. All flys. I noted that Lane attributes the tear to a wide Bodybuilder grip, I was doing inclines 'xtra wide' grip at the time. :mad:

CBB
So you think once you recover, you won't have any visible pec damage from the tear and you'll be able to develop your pec back symmetrical with your other side? If so, you're one of the lucky ones Baldie!! You'll be back at it by late spring, just no wide grip pressing movements, ok?

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Good news. Hammer machine presses MIGHT be the ticket- just not the wide bench pressing machine.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-21-2011, 09:43 AM
See the surgeon today. I have the feeling he will be shocked at my warp speed recovery. Still some swelling in the pec itself. I can do a 'soft' most muscular. Pec responds. :yep:

Pics pending if Doc leaves off dressing. I need to remove all the tape residue.

CBB

Baldiewonkanobi
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
WOW...in just 3 weeks.

Baldie is BACK :yep:

KevinCouch
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
WOW...in just 3 weeks.

Baldie is BACK :yep:

Which one is the latest pic? There's a tiny one at the bottom (very hard to see) is that the latest one? If so, looks incredible and it doesn't appear to have atrophied much but it's hard to see!

AWESOME!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Typo...6 weeks not 3. Yes tiny pic was today. I cant blow the pic up with this freakin camera :mad:

Baldie

KevinCouch
02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Typo...6 weeks not 3. Yes tiny pic was today. I cant blow the pic up with this freakin camera :mad:

Baldie

Damn Bill from what I can see it looks damn near perfect. Can't see your arm, is your arm still black and blue?

Baldiewonkanobi
02-21-2011, 08:57 PM
All bruising gone. Arm is down about 2". Skin around pec and under arm pit is ugga bugga loose. Lost control for time being of lat control. Can not do a front lat spread. Doc says no hurry for rehab...."just enjoy regaining range of motion. No 'pec' work for a few more months".....so this afternoon I grabbed a 5# plate and did everything BUT pec with that arm. Felt great. I will move up to 10# plate then 15# dumbell and be well on my way Prior to rehab. Meanwhile I will continue to force leg growth and maintain my good side.

It seems that I am always swimming against a currant. One day the current will reverse direction and I will coast to victory. Of this I am certain.

Baldie

freebirdmac
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome Baldie!!

DUKE56
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Last summer I tweaked my rotater cuff and had to take off for four months; was getting back on track heading for competition shape and fell out of a deer stand. It broke 6 of the wings on my spine and dislocated a rib. A week in the hospital and I'm still doing therapy, with I don't know how much longer to go. So, I understand your frustration, completely.

All bruising gone. Arm is down about 2". Skin around pec and under arm pit is ugga bugga loose. Lost control for time being of lat control. Can not do a front lat spread. Doc says no hurry for rehab...."just enjoy regaining range of motion. No 'pec' work for a few more months".....so this afternoon I grabbed a 5# plate and did everything BUT pec with that arm. Felt great. I will move up to 10# plate then 15# dumbell and be well on my way Prior to rehab. Meanwhile I will continue to force leg growth and maintain my good side.

It seems that I am always swimming against a currant. One day the current will reverse direction and I will coast to victory. Of this I am certain.

Baldie

GerryT
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Inspirational to see you are posting and recovering, B! Wishing the best and talk soon.

koruverde
02-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I didn't fall for a minute that Baldie was outta the game... for now... or for Pittsburgh!
Man thrives and grows with adversity...just get over it and get on with it!! God knows he inspires me...for the better heh, heh!!!! Thx Baldie...and BTW at least a double cberger!!!

axioma
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Baldie

Yea, when the current reverses you will be headed for Beulah Land! Don't sweat it...you are a salmon...all hardwired into your being.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
:) Yesterday trained upper body with Monica. Hammer chest press (one arm for me). Hammer delt press (again one arm). Hammer high pulls (one arm for me). Smith machine upright rows. One arm for me then 12.5# dumbell for tweeked side. Seated lat cable pulls. One arm for me then weak side one arm rows with the 12.5. Then I did dumbell shrugs with both sides 70#. Side delt flys using the 12.5 for weak side. Same with front and rear delt flys. Monica did face breakers for her rears.

Lying on my back I did isometric close grip simulated bench press. That felt fantastic.

Today we are getting a late start. 15 year old has tonsilitis and at Doc with Mom.

Today is arm day. Will be VERY interesting. Looking forward to it. Leg day tomorrow gets me back under the hack squat machine doing face down Sumos. Also might push Suicide Squats to 8 wheels plus 2 25ers looking for 10+ reps. Monday I got 6 wheels plus 2 25ers for 20 reps.

Now with both sides working 'cardio' is a lot more funner :p

Baldie

joedemarco
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
This thread is slowly becoming the unofficial "Last Man Posing" thread...lol. Bill, if you would like, I could probably open up your old thread? I think the gang would luv to see that thread back!