PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is a funny commercial

joedemarco
01-18-2011, 08:57 AM
I can't stand Planet Fitness. Here's a commercial from a hardcore gym making fun of them. I love it!

Iron Sport Gym's Planet Fitness response (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DqBRG4RkE51Q&h=9cdc2)

axioma
01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice! Very well done. Wish we had one here

Hammerfit
01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I can't stand Planet Fitness. Here's a commercial from a hardcore gym making fun of them. I love it!

Iron Sport Gym's Planet Fitness response (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DqBRG4RkE51Q&h=9cdc2)

Awesome!

MeatHead4Life
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
That dude's face was priceless

Suave_Howss
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
that dude's face was priceless

lol.... This

The Big Sexy
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
That look he gave the kid was priceless... lol

mrky03
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
That is funny! I'd love to train there!

IzlamikPork
02-03-2011, 12:51 AM
What's funny in this vid is the only person in shape is the woman doing clean 'n jerks.

The existence of Planet Fitness seems to be a response to arrogant a-holes like black-tee-shirt-boy. Prob whoever started PF was treated like the nerd guy in this vid.

When nerd-guy says he doesn't want to get big, what he means is he doesn't want to be a fat tub of lard like black-tee-shirt-boy. Sure, black tee shirt can prob bench 500 lbs, has a 50 inch chest, but looks like he's got a 50 inch waist to go along with it. Prob hasn't seen his dick or toes in decades. Skip a meal. Hell, skip 2 dude.

And the euphemism "beach body" seems to mean "visible abs", or flat stomach? Apparently this is a bad thing at Iron Sport.

The proper response to nerd guy would be education. A guy like that walks into a gym doesn't know what he wants. He needs to be educated, not ridiculed.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Haha ... great!

It's the whole Pulcinella RTB crew ... LOVE IT!!

gman
02-03-2011, 09:56 AM
What's funny in this vid is the only person in shape is the woman doing clean 'n jerks.

The existence of Planet Fitness seems to be a response to arrogant a-holes like black-tee-shirt-boy. Prob whoever started PF was treated like the nerd guy in this vid.

When nerd-guy says he doesn't want to get big, what he means is he doesn't want to be a fat tub of lard like black-tee-shirt-boy. Sure, black tee shirt can prob bench 500 lbs, has a 50 inch chest, but looks like he's got a 50 inch waist to go along with it. Prob hasn't seen his dick or toes in decades. Skip a meal. Hell, skip 2 dude.

And the euphemism "beach body" seems to mean "visible abs", or flat stomach? Apparently this is a bad thing at Iron Sport.

The proper response to nerd guy would be education. A guy like that walks into a gym doesn't know what he wants. He needs to be educated, not ridiculed.

I bet the black tee guy with the 48" waist still has a lower body fat % than anyone you could find at Planet Fitness, though.

Bencher
02-03-2011, 10:06 AM

I always find these sort of statements funny. And very hypocritical. What your version of "in shape" and what others version of it can be totally different. A person that does marathon runs is in shape. And so is someone that is a competative powerlifter/strongman/olympic lifter. All are various versions of "in shape" according to their thoughts and beliefs. So, should we dog you for not being able to go into the gym a pull a triple bodyweight deadlift or squat? No, we should respect your idea of what you want to achieve with your body.