PDA

View Full Version : The mommy stomach!

Dkp5818
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey guys any points on getting rid of the flabby lower stomach area? I've had it for 2 yrs now.... My only area I'm really self conscious of! Lol thx

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Depends if the flab is stretched skin or if it's body fat.

Dkp5818
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm positive some of it's due to bf working on that.... But the skin is stretched I was blessed with the stretch marks of a tiger!!!!!! Haha tummy tuck the only option I don't wanna go to the extreme you know?

tight booty
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
What worked for me was to train really hard and eat clean for several months. You need to keep reducing your bodyfat until it comes off that area. I did alot of ab work too.

FitnBuf
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
You may not need a tummy tuck....a lot of times it is all in your conditioning.

Tighten up your nutrition it can go away substantially without surgery. The skin will always be there but it is not as noticeable once the fat underneath is tackled.

I was shocked when I saw the changes of what I thought was lost cause on my body....turned into hope once my nutrition was 100%!

tight booty
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
I've got a friend who has the tightest stomach and she has given birth to 5 children. She competes now too. Her abs have always been one of her best muscle groups. No stretch marks, no baby pouch...just awesome fucken skin!

FitnBuf
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I wish I was blessed like that....I lost 100lbs and had two kids....my skin was just too thin (per the doctor) and created stretch marks all over. However cutting sugars and dairy and training left me with a stage ready body....Some gals have the skin that can take the stretch....not me :(

But with dedication and hard work....all is not lost....surgery is not always the answer....have faith girlfriend!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I had a kid complete with stretched skin and stretch marks. That's life. I also lost a lot of weight having once weighed 200 pounds. My skin will not tighten up any more at this point. I could diet enough to have a six pack but I'll always have that loose skin at the bottom. I do want a tummy tuck at some point.

Dkp5818
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Damn! Well ill cross my fingers an hold my breath and well see what happens!!! Ugh lol being a woman sure isn't easy on so many different levels

Sunnyday
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm a 43-y.o. mom of 3. I had my last two kids at the age of 39 and 40, respectively. While I only gained 23 lbs. with my 3rd, I was left with the same saggy skin across the stomach. I am living proof that eating clean, proper hydration, and regular exercise, in time, DOES make a major improvement in your appearance, particularly in your abs. Give a diet some time to work and take some progress pics and measurements for yourself. You could find that you don't need a tummy tuck after all!

tight booty
01-25-2011, 01:26 AM
I was lucky in that I never got any stretch marks, however my stomach has never been as tight as it was prior to having children. In fact when I modeled I was always conscious of my stomach wrinkling up. In one of my pics I am looking down checking out my stomach and the photographer took the photo. It turned out very natural and is one of my fav pics. But it's funny to think that I was being paranoid about my stomach and trying to make it look good for the photo being taken.

tight booty
01-25-2011, 01:29 AM
I had a kid complete with stretched skin and stretch marks. That's life. I also lost a lot of weight having once weighed 200 pounds. My skin will not tighten up any more at this point. I could diet enough to have a six pack but I'll always have that loose skin at the bottom. I do want a tummy tuck at some point.
I remember you have always said this Girlymuscle. There is only so much a healthy diet and hard training can achieve. It's the same with breast implants....you can't put back lost fatty tissue into your breasts and so only a breast implant will solve that. If someone has loose skin and it has tightened as much as it can, then get surgery! You only live once....might as well be happy!

Dkp5818
01-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Haha about the pic! That's too funny, yeah me and the Hubby joke around about the "mommy makeover" ESP since I was blessed with natural DD's and gravity after the baby hit hard. If all goes well I'm sure I'll need implants since lowering bf will make them disappear anyway, am I right? I have had some results with a skin tightening lotion and a stomach neoprene? Wrap at night there is a big difference, but that is only for a little bit. Guess for special occasions, well off to pt for me muscle failure today, I wonder what horrible workouts the army has for me, my biceps and glutes are killing me! This should be fun.

fitairess
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
I had two children by c-sextion. Although I was able to get a 4 pack, I had extra skin above my scar. I didn't get a tummy tuck but my plastic surgeon did a scar revision. He moved the scar lower to rid me of that extra pouch.