PDA

View Full Version : Boobjobs and Recovery

inkedleo88
01-26-2011, 05:46 PM
My little lady just had her boobs re-done and I was curious if anybody has any tips for recovery?
she gets the drains out next week and she is already tired of being in bed(after one day). She is eating, but not vitamins or supps yet.
Any help is appreciated.:yep:

tammyp
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
is she over or under? overs are much easier. i was doing cardio after a couple days. she should listen to her dr though....

sassy69
01-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Unless she's use AAS / GH, "recovery" is more about just letting the stuff heal - don't move around on upper body too much, get good rest, eat well, probably watch sodium and such to help reduce contributions to any edema.

The first month is annoying - but after that you're pretty much ready to go - just listen to your body.

tight booty
01-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I took vitamin E for recovery and I rubbed rosehip oil on the scar 3 x per day! I did this for probably 3 months. I took 6 weeks off from training and cardio which was recommended to me by my surgeon. I went under! I resumed training slowly, but found that my boobs bounced around alot during back exercises. I avoided flyes and cable exercises. For chest I stuck to dumbell incline presses and just listened to my body. I went up in weights gradually. I had no problems with chest training. It was fine...:)

inkedleo88
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM
They are overs and she is a natty. We are going to stay away from fish oil and Vit E though. I've heard negative things.
Thanks for the advice. I'm feeding her egg whites, chicken, green beans and quinoa...we're trying pb tomorrow.

sassy69
01-27-2011, 01:18 AM
They are overs and she is a natty. We are going to stay away from fish oil and Vit E though. I've heard negative things.
Thanks for the advice. I'm feeding her egg whites, chicken, green beans and quinoa...we're trying pb tomorrow.

Another thing you can include for scar recovery is arnica cream - your doc should recommend some OTC scar cream that will help w/ healing .

BigJD69
01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that it is better to have the implant's placed under the muscle?? Is that a fair statement? Anyone

tight booty
01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that it is better to have the implant's placed under the muscle?? Is that a fair statement? Anyone
You can't see the implant if they are placed under the muscle. If you carry a fair bit of fat in the chest, then overs are fine but if you get very lean especially for competitive bodybuilders etc then you will be able to see the implant if they are over the muscle.
I feel that under the muscle is very natural looking. To me overs can look like melons stuck on a chest if the bodyfat is very low! Also you can still have a mamogram if the implants are under the muscle. And you are able to breastfeed if you wish to, as the milk ducts are not covered up. So for me personally unders are the better choice. The drawbacks are that unders cover up muscle striations, especially if they are large implants. And you can lose some strength by going under the muscle.

inkedleo88
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Another thing you can include for scar recovery is arnica cream - your doc should recommend some OTC scar cream that will help w/ healing .
we love arinca. funny i dont hear it mentioned enough.

sassy69
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Some considerations re: Unders:

longer recovery because there is intrusion into the muscle and the scar tissue has to develop around the pocket
because the implant is within the pec muscle, you will always see some contraction on the implant (looks like a squished balloon) on any chest exercises or any upper body pose requiring pec contraction (i.e. if you're a bodybuilder)
A further consideration is that going forward the implant is subject to the pressure of the pec contractions and may get pushed towards the sides over time.

LookImDancinCrazy!
01-28-2011, 12:17 PM
not relevant to the OP, but anyone who is not natty might consider some post op Anavar for wound healing. Oxandrolone has shown significant efficacy for collagen synthesis.

inkedleo88
01-31-2011, 10:47 PM
thanks for the help. drains are out and she is healing great.