PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics

Landworth
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I was wondering if antibiotics (which my deromtologist prescribed me for my acne) would have the same effects on gear that it would on female birth control and make it ineffective?

joe d
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
they will not. i also dont think they really make birth control less effective or ineffective.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
no. the only issue you can have is potential tendon fragility. add extra EFA's while using antibiotics.

what drug are you taking?

and FYI, antibiotics can reduce BC effectiveness.

joe d
01-27-2011, 07:44 PM
no. the only issue you can have is potential tendon fragility. add extra EFA's while using antibiotics.

what drug are you taking?

and FYI, antibiotics can reduce BC effectiveness.

antibiotics used for dermatology?

Landworth
01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Right now I'm taking a low dose of anavar and 400 mg of test a week while I'm cutting. I was more concerned with my next cycle of 1200 mg of test a week, 100 mg of tren hex, and 100 mg of anadrol a day. Higher doses of test really make my acne flare up and I want to try and keep it under control...

Bryan Hildebrand
01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
anadrol and antibiotics long term? yes, it could be a tissue connectivity problem. low dose, long term derm antiB's... ask me how I know?

Amazon Doll
01-28-2011, 08:29 AM
... ask me how I know?

Do you think that all antibiotics have this effect on tendons, or is it specific ones?

So what did you rupture while on them?

caribeman
01-28-2011, 09:15 AM
How you know? :)

Bryan Hildebrand
01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
both distal biceps. from what I read, it is primarily the cillin families and their associated cousins. short term, not an issue. but long term low dose poses a risk.

and I was using anadrol and switching between tetracycline and erythromiacin for 6 months.

lilhawk1
01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Do you think that all antibiotics have this effect on tendons, or is it specific ones?

So what did you rupture while on them?
Levaquin is known to cause tendon ruptures.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
PubMed about levaquin... a more potent derivative of the penicillin family.

Important Warning

Using levofloxacin injection increases the risk that you will develop tendinitis (swelling of a fibrous tissue that connects a bone to a muscle) or have a tendon rupture (tearing of a fibrous tissue that connects a bone to a muscle) during your treatment or for up to several months afterward. These problems may affect tendons in your shoulder, your hand, the back of your ankle, or in other parts of your body. Tendinitis or tendon rupture may happen to people of any age, but the risk is highest in people over 60 years of age. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a kidney, heart, or lung transplant; kidney disease; a joint or tendon disorder such as rheumatoid arthritis (a condition in which the body attacks its own joints, causing pain, swelling, and loss of function); or if you participate in regular physical activity. Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking oral or injectable steroids such as dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexpak), methylprednisolone (Medrol), or prednisone (Sterapred). If you experience any of the following symptoms of tendinitis, stop using levofloxacin injection, rest, and call your doctor immediately: pain, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, or difficulty in moving a muscle. If you experience any of the following symptoms of tendon rupture, stop using levofloxacin injection and get emergency medical treatment: hearing or feeling a snap or pop in a tendon area, bruising after an injury to a tendon area, or inability to move or to bear weight on an affected area.

shorty9
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM
both distal biceps. from what I read, it is primarily the cillin families and their associated cousins. short term, not an issue. but long term low dose poses a risk.

and I was using anadrol and switching between tetracycline and erythromiacin for 6 months.

how come you were on tetracycline and erythromyacin for such a long time? those dont work for herpes do they? are u sure it wasnt Valtrex and Herpacin for 6months?;)

Bryan Hildebrand
01-28-2011, 04:30 PM
tough case of the clap. 12 years later and its almost gone...

barbellman
01-28-2011, 04:38 PM
tough case of the clap. 12 years later and its almost gone...

You shittin me clark ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zQ7bppHMbrs/SyPijJNmndI/AAAAAAAADQI/0ybsDUb_psk/s320/eddie_2.jpg

shorty9
01-28-2011, 04:58 PM
lol. i love this forum!

s2h
01-28-2011, 08:27 PM
tough case of the clap. 12 years later and its almost gone...i will pray for you...my child...