PDA

View Full Version : Jumping rope for Cardio

Jfrocc1
01-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Jumping Rope for cardio gives you a definite break from all the exercise bikes and helps you get a lean, roadmap like vascular physique.

Diggy
01-29-2011, 01:54 AM
word!

tmno
07-15-2011, 05:00 AM
yeah i agree, its a good break from the usual exercise bikes and running

swingslammer
07-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Sorry, it is a fail in my book.

Why? How long should you do cardio usually? Even for HITT it is about 12 minutes at the least.......ever try and jump rope for 12 minutes straight? I would bet there is not a single person on this board who can go that long without stopping.

Pheedno
07-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Sorry, it is a fail in my book.

Why? How long should you do cardio usually? Even for HITT it is about 12 minutes at the least.......ever try and jump rope for 12 minutes straight? I would bet there is not a single person on this board who can go that long without stopping.

1 minute jump
30 second rest

x

20 timed minutes

it works and is killer

another is to deadlift 50% of your max for 20 reps, rest 60 seconds, repeat for 20 minutes. also, killer

Abbott
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
No doubt, Cardio exercises are the good for the health as well as your body muscles. Swimming is the best Cardio Exercise. By do this exercise you can lose the weight and your muscles can be more stronger.

swingslammer
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
No doubt, Cardio exercises are the good for the health as well as your body muscles. Swimming is the best Cardio Exercise. By do this exercise you can lose the weight and your muscles can be more stronger.

A. Welcome....

B. Wrong, do a little research. Swimming is good exercise for the whole body but bad for weight loss. The time spent in the water signals the body that bodyheat is being lost through the water and tells your body to hang on to body fat for insulation. The research is out there, your body is trying to ward off hypothermia from repeated times in the water by keeping on body fat.

I suppose you will tell me "Look at Olympic swimmers, they are pretty lean"....Olympic swimmers are no where near as lean as Olympic runners.....heck they are not even as lean as Olympic WOMEN Gymnasts.

ritch
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
jump rope would be way too intense for me, on the body as well, the impact is just too much.

Bryan Hildebrand
09-22-2011, 12:34 PM
jump rope for calf development FTW.

ritch
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
jump rope for calf development FTW.

I was suggested that before for that exact purpose by a dude who really knows his shit, but boxers don't really have impressive calves and they jump rope a shit tonne, or maybe they just don't eat enough?

apex23
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Jumping rope is the real deal. When performed in high intensity intervals...it will ripped you up in a little time....

AussieMuscle
09-24-2011, 07:33 AM

All your posts are suspiciously shit and very poorly worded. I call spam..

Abbott
09-24-2011, 10:34 AM

Any comment?
Nashville Boot Camp (http://ftnashville.com/nashville-boot-camp-lose-over-5-pounds-and-increase-your-confidence-in-just-one-month)

Abbott
09-24-2011, 10:40 AM

Any comment?

Nashville Boot Camp (http://ftnashville.com/nashville-boot-camp-lose-over-5-pounds-and-increase-your-confidence-in-just-one-month)

juiceinator3000
09-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Any comment?

comment:fuckyou

AussieMuscle
09-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Any comment?

See my comment above:

"All your posts are suspiciously shit and very poorly worded. I call spam.."

KTTraining
09-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Just as an example here's a vid of me Jumping Rope. http://youtu.be/nI_YpsyhnV0 I use the rope fairly well and can easily jump straight for 12 min as someone mentioned above. In MY opinion people place too much emphasis on cardio for fat loss. Diet is KEY! While Jumping Rope is by far one of the greatest exercises for true cardiovascular conditioning I feel the best cardio for fat loss is Long duration/ low to medium intensity ( fast walking) and not exercises like Jumping rope, sprints or similar ones. When getting ready for shows I never liked high intensity cardio. Also, lots of Jumping Rope makes my calves smaller not bigger. Just my opinion.