PDA

View Full Version : My Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammerfit
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok, I'm pissed and need to at least write it down to make myself feel better

In one 24 hour period this happens, one of my clients develops a staff infection in his quad, 2 days ago. He's 8 weeks out from his first bb show. The stupid ass ER Doc lances it, gives him a scrip for antibiotics and loritab. The guy is Bi Polar. Did anyone think to ask?!!!!!!!!!!! He got so depressed last night when he was alone he texted me he was wanted to jump off his balcony! I got him calmed down and thought all was well. I get a text message while doing my cardio this morning that he took 12 loritab last night and ended up in the ER!!!!

After getting out of the gym I called him in the hospital and chewed his f....ass, then had an 20 min encouraging father to son talk w him. I think he will be ok, but I see now I will have to be much more involved in his life than I ever thought. So be it. If thats what God intended me to do then I'm there.

This story is not over! 5 minutes later (still on treadmill) I get message that another client (former) is in hospital getting a cath scope on his heart! Found no blockage but said his heart was very weak. He is 27 years old! A great kid and I respect him a ton. He did 3 tours in Afgan. so he had my heart from the start. But he is an idiot! He's one of those kids that thinks muscle building comes in a syringe! I'm sure this has been caused by mis-use and over dosing!
After talking to his wife after the procedure she is going, you know him, he's not going to stop! URRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I need to throw away my masters in Architecture and get a degree in physc!

Ok I feel better, moderators you can delete this if you want has nothing to do about nothing Im just frustrated w kids right now
:mad:

caribeman
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Dare I say we are the masters of our own demise. That's some though shit to read...

GerryT
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Difficult to read, and sorry for your clients for what they went through. We all need to rant sometimes.

axioma
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I can relate...got a client in jail for kidnapping...drug related. The kid had a tremendous future in MMA...

I spend a good deal of time in the counseling role...but in the end, people are going to do what they want to do. You care...

You just keep setting the example of a caring, fit, self confident man to these guys and you will change some lives...I got a facebook greeting from a kid whom I have not spoken to in 15 years. He just wanted to say thanks for taking some time. Hang in there.

KyMuscle
02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I hear your frustration.

Hired to physically train clients, we become confidantes and counselors.

Sometimes I feel more like a shrink or life coach than a fitness coach.

mrky03
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
WTF! Why can't people just train hard and listen to what you tell them to do!

freebirdmac
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Sorry you're dealing with this. I swear I am at a point where I just won't get that involved with people once the problems start coming out. I don't have the energy for it anymore.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Thats a tough one! I hear you. Sometimes they can be their own worst enemy. I have two private clients right now, one of whom is 485 lbs, and he will continue to be that until he dies (prematurely) if he keeps missing sesssions, missed 3 out 6, with no notice- in fact AFTER the scehduled start time...last time was Weds, I told him to come in later if he had to- just GET there, He didnt. Wanted me to come the next day (I had come in that day for him, wasnt about to endure the hour and half trip on bus on foot the next day only to have the same thing happen..

GerryT
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Hear you about the multiple roles one takes on. I coached a novice competitor with some promise. he became like a son and started calling
me dad. In spite of my advice and his intentions, he messed up and has had two rehab stints. Feel helpless and frustrated when stuff like that happens. Hate to see people squander potential.

Muscgrows
02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Ok, I'm pissed and need to at least write it down to make myself feel better

In one 24 hour period this happens, one of my clients develops a staff infection in his quad, 2 days ago. He's 8 weeks out from his first bb show. The stupid ass ER Doc lances it, gives him a scrip for antibiotics and loritab. The guy is Bi Polar. Did anyone think to ask?!!!!!!!!!!! He got so depressed last night when he was alone he texted me he was wanted to jump off his balcony! I got him calmed down and thought all was well. I get a text message while doing my cardio this morning that he took 12 loritab last night and ended up in the ER!!!!

After getting out of the gym I called him in the hospital and chewed his f....ass, then had an 20 min encouraging father to son talk w him. I think he will be ok, but I see now I will have to be much more involved in his life than I ever thought. So be it. If thats what God intended me to do then I'm there.

This story is not over! 5 minutes later (still on treadmill) I get message that another client (former) is in hospital getting a cath scope on his heart! Found no blockage but said his heart was very weak. He is 27 years old! A great kid and I respect him a ton. He did 3 tours in Afgan. so he had my heart from the start. But he is an idiot! He's one of those kids that thinks muscle building comes in a syringe! I'm sure this has been caused by mis-use and over dosing!
After talking to his wife after the procedure she is going, you know him, he's not going to stop! URRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I need to throw away my masters in Architecture and get a degree in physc!

Ok I feel better, moderators you can delete this if you want has nothing to do about nothing Im just frustrated w kids right now
:mad:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, your trainee will not be out of the hospital for some time. Because he attempted to take his life, once he is medically stable-they will commit them to a psych ward for further rehab. Best of luck to them, and yourself.

Hammerfit
02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, your trainee will not be out of the hospital for some time. Because he attempted to take his life, once he is medically stable-they will commit them to a psych ward for further rehab. Best of luck to them, and yourself.

Fortunetly we got him out in a couple days and he's back training and dieting.
Somethings not clicking like he was, I guess he's disappointed. I pretty much told him this mishap may have killed his chances at this show but that we could hit the next one. In retrospect I wish I would have just not said that. But my policy is always honesty and not jerking someone around. I'll keep motivating and see where we will fall.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Make him pick up the pieces and do the show. How else is he going to learn about committment?

Mac
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Make him pick up the pieces and do the show. How else is he going to learn about committment?

Sorry, but I think he has more serious issues to deal with. Commitment to do a BB show isn't one of them.

Pick up the pieces is right, but doing the BB show, I don't think is the answer when you have someone trying to commit suicide.

The gym may help his apparent self-image problems, but I couldn't imagine he is stable enough to lose at this point, should that happen.

Maybe next year if he recovers from his current depression.

Hammerfit
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry, but I think he has more serious issues to deal with. Commitment to do a BB show isn't one of them.

Pick up the pieces is right, but doing the BB show, I don't think is the answer when you have someone trying to commit suicide.

The gym may help his apparent self-image problems, but I couldn't imagine he is stable enough to lose at this point, should that happen.

Maybe next year if he recovers from his current depression.

Great point! He has really built himself up telling all his friends to be there. He will not win, I'm sure of it. It will be devastating to his already fragile physc. I can still remember my first show and coming in second. I'm not sure where I'm going with this today, going to get on the phone with him in just a few.

KyMuscle
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I was in a similar situation 2 years ago.

My client was prepping for a show. I got a call that he had tried to off himself by sitting in his car, engine running with the garage door down. It wasn't the first time.

He called me a few days after getting outof the hospital and asked when we were resuming. I told him I couldn't in good conscience train him for the show, with all the attendant stresses of prep, until he had adequately dealt with his issues.

Fortunately, he took my advice and backed off instead of seeking another prep coach. I've heard, though, that his self-esteem issues remain and to cope with them he is taking ridiculous amounts of AAS and GH.

Hammerfit
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I was in a similar situation 2 years ago.

My client was prepping for a show. I got a call that he had tried to off himself by sitting in his car, engine running with the garage door down. It wasn't the first time.

He called me a few days after getting outof the hospital and asked when we were resuming. I told him I couldn't in good conscience train him for the show, with all the attendant stresses of prep, until he had adequately dealt with his issues.

Fortunately, he took my advice and backed off instead of seeking another prep coach. I've heard, though, that his self-esteem issues remain and to cope with them he is taking ridiculous amounts of AAS and GH.

That sux that your client turned to over dosing drugs. I can't in good conscious not continue to be there and support this young man. We just had a good phone conversation and as I suspected he was very depressed. After 10 mins of me propping him up his demeanor obviously changed so I know what I have to do. Where it leads us who knows but I am elbows deep into this and will not let this soul fall by the wayside. Pray for me!

fatbackgoal
02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Should not feel sorry for wanting to get that off your chest. That is the great thing about this group of masters.

I will say it says a lot about you as a lot of people may have just decided the kid was on his own but you decided to help.

Hammerfit
02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Update on my client Adam, got him smiling again.

Muscgrows
02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Update on my client Adam, got him smiling again.
Congrats to both of you. Hammer, you must be beaming.

DUKE56
02-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Great work Hammer

axioma
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Excellent!