PDA

View Full Version : Supplements Advice???

Purexx
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm trying to build mass; what are the standard "must have" supplements that should be in my cabinet to complete this goal.

Currently in my cabinet:
*Protein
*Casein
*BCAA
*L-Carnitine
*T-UP Black
*Kre-Alkalyn
*Omega-3
*Animal Stack
* Force Nutrition Maximize V2

Am I missing something? Should I incorporate any other supplements? Keep in mind I am on a budget ha. But I am interested in knowing what others are using. I understand it's trial and error, different bodies/different reactions.

Thanks for all of your comments in advance...

fatbackgoal
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I think it all starts with your diet. If that is not on point then I don't think it really matters what supplements you are using. Ensuring you are getting quality lean proteins in like chicken, fish and lean red meat will ensure you are giving yourself a chance to grow. If I had to pick "must haves" they would be:

Protein
Multi-vitamin
Quality whole food

Get as fancy as you want but these have stood the test of time. best of luck.

Purexx
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
My diet is clean...really no problem in that area. Took me 12 years to realize how important it is to have the proper diet, but I got it. Now I'm just trying to pad the stats...

adamrochester
02-09-2011, 06:04 AM
xtend
creatine
whey
beta alanine
d asp acid
l carnatine
fish oil
cla
multi

Conrad
02-09-2011, 06:10 AM
My diet is clean...really no problem in that area. Took me 12 years to realize how important it is to have the proper diet, but I got it. Now I'm just trying to pad the stats...
It is crazy on the amount of people that actually rely on supplementation rather than diets.

IMO the basic and most important is
Whey
Multi
Joint Support
Creatine
Glutamine

Purexx
02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Not relying on supplements. I actually took a year off and focused on my nutrition. So I'm slowly getting back in the game. Nothing can replace eating whole foods....I get that.

GENESIS
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
I guess i should ask what your trying to do, instead of just listing random supplements that you could use. So, what are your goals other than "build mass"?

Purexx
02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
My goal is to put on 10 lbs of lean muscle. Currently I'm sitting at 155lbs, so 165 would be my ideal weight. I believe less is more...I've scaled back my workouts ( I was over-training) to 40min five times a week, isolating muscle groups. I know understand the concept of recover time.

GENESIS
02-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I would get on a solid gainer like Isomass. And if on a budget, drop the carnitine. Not very necessary, and it is a more costly amino acid. And although you mention omega 3, i would add some variety too that. Fish, flax, mac nut, olive oil, natural pb, should be addded into all your shakes. and if the gainer sounds like a good idea, but money can only support proteins, add oatmeal with the oils, into every shake. See how that works.

Purexx
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks...I can get more creative with my shakes and diet. I will do my research on your suggestions.

GENESIS
02-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks...I can get more creative with my shakes and diet. I will do my research on your suggestions.
Alot of times thats all it takes.

miamibodybuilder
02-12-2011, 08:21 AM
well you're missing a lot actually. chicken breast, turkey, fish, lean steak, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato. haha these are the things you should focus on getting first and foremost because nothing can substitute whole foods. supplements are just that, they supplement what you're already consuming daily. so once you get your diet in check, keep it simple bro. BCAA'S, CREATINE, GLUTAMINE, MULTI. these are the main supplements i use, and the last few months i've been using AAEFX's products and i gotta tell ya that they are ALL great quality products. i've made some significant strength and muscle gains within just a few months. you should definitely check out their website and look up some of their products, you'll love them.

daft205
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
well you're missing a lot actually. chicken breast, turkey, fish, lean steak, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato. haha these are the things you should focus on getting first and foremost because nothing can substitute whole foods. supplements are just that, they supplement what you're already consuming daily. so once you get your diet in check, keep it simple bro. BCAA'S, CREATINE, GLUTAMINE, MULTI. these are the main supplements i use, and the last few months i've been using AAEFX's products and i gotta tell ya that they are ALL great quality products. i've made some significant strength and muscle gains within just a few months. you should definitely check out their website and look up some of their products, you'll love them.

Lol, he's said several times- diet is in check.
So purexx, your current list looks pretty good for a "staples" list. Here's what consider the basics- fwiw-
-Whey iso
-Casein blend( pre bed)
-Creatine mono
-glut/bcaas
-instant carbs( powder maltodextrin or similar)
-vitamin d-3 (5000 iu)
- cinnamon( add to shakes, great gda)
- fish/ flax oil(10-20g)
- taurine( if you're prone to cramping)
Now if you wanna add a little more I think a "test booster" and an insulin mimetic are your next best bets. I've been taking phytoserms-347 and having great results(check out my log in my sig) and I think I about to add in need2slin, an insulin mimetic ( I have several to choose from, but I've been hearing nothing but good about need2slin so I'm gonna give it a shot).

SwoleChamp
02-12-2011, 12:03 PM
go ahead and throw the Kre-Alkalyn in the garbage.
stuff is a joke.
just creatine mono with soda ash(baking soda) with a good price tag

Purexx
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree, I don't see or feel the benefit from taking the Kre. I'm going to finish the last little bit I have (not being wasteful) and discontinue use. Do recommend another product?

suman12
02-23-2011, 05:33 AM
The best supplements for muscle gain (http://best-supplements-for-bodybuilding.yourhealthorbit.com/) are:
High Protein Foods
Protein Shakes
Complex Carbs and Healthy Fats
Multi vitamins
Water