PDA

View Full Version : My feet dangle

SallyAnne
03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
:mad:

I'm so short that when I adjust the seat on almost every machine, my feet dangle, or my toes barely touch the ground. I can't use the standing calve press machine at all in my gym - the lowest setting is still too high and the pads don't touch my shoulders. The lying hamstring curl machine is supposed to be ergonomically shaped for comfort - FOR TALL PEOPLE. lol

I've been bitching about this under my breath since I started lifting - just thought I'd share. I need to join a gym for little people.

/end rant. :D

GirlyMuscle
03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Sounds very familiar. How tall are you? I'm 5'2".

SallyAnne
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes - there are several of us here with height challenges. Diva and I are both 5'1ish.

robert da strongman
03-24-2009, 10:56 PM
i am hearing Randy Newman singing...

SallyAnne
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
1NvgLkuEtkA

Suzanne
03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
5'1" same issues

if i use incline bench i have to put dumbbell to put my feet on
leg extension pads are down near my toes on some machines
I have to stand on seat to get bar for pulldowns
if i set pins for rack pulls so the bar is just below knees the plates are only couple inches form floor practically full deads lol

But short people build muscle more easily :)

SallyAnne
03-24-2009, 11:30 PM
5'1" same issues

if i set pins for rack pulls so the bar is just below knees the plates are only couple inches form floor practically full deads lol

Yes, we do! lol

I use hooks during back exercises on the MS machines as well as deads, etc. One day a few weeks ago I was using them on the HS lat pulldown and when i finished got hung up at the top and was dangling until someone helped me down. :o :D lol

Youngguns
03-24-2009, 11:42 PM
1NvgLkuEtkA

:beerbang::beerbang:

Ninja Loco
03-25-2009, 01:31 AM
:mad:

I'm so short that when I adjust the seat on almost every machine, my feet dangle, or my toes barely touch the ground. I can't use the standing calve press machine at all in my gym - the lowest setting is still too high and the pads don't touch my shoulders. The lying hamstring curl machine is supposed to be ergonomically shaped for comfort - FOR TALL PEOPLE. lol

I've been bitching about this under my breath since I started lifting - just thought I'd share. I need to join a gym for little people.

/end rant. :D
Marry me and all your problems will be solved.......:wavey:

sassy69
03-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Bring a couple phone books?

LOL I'm probably not helping... but yes, you do have the advantage relative to muscle.

tammyp
03-25-2009, 06:32 AM
ypu.. i get a box..hammer stength are the worst!

Sledge
03-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Yes, we do! lol

I use hooks during back exercises on the MS machines as well as deads, etc. One day a few weeks ago I was using them on the HS lat pulldown and when i finished got hung up at the top and was dangling until someone helped me down. :o :D lol

Man, i hope they stood there for a while with a dumb grin on there face and than said something helpfull like. Do you need a hand?

I wouldn't have been able to resist asking if you needed a spot.:D:lmao: or a spanking.

DaveV
03-25-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm 5'10 and when I lay on a flat bench my feet don't feel comfortable on the floor. I can't get a push from them. But I can when I incline bench. Maybe I'm short legged?

GirlyMuscle
03-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Maybe. My inseam is 28".

Jer
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, we do! lol

The mental picture from this post is great. :D

Skeptic
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
At 6'2" almost no first generation machines from the 70s seemed to fit me well. Now most do. I shudder to think how basketball players fit into machines.

Oooooo, SHORT people thread. Sorry.

SallyAnne
03-25-2009, 10:13 AM
At 6'2" almost no first generation machines from the 70s seemed to fit me well. Now most do. I shudder to think how basketball players fit into machines.

Oooooo, SHORT people thread. Sorry.

I welcome all height challenges to this thread. ;)

Mercury
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm 5'3", and for some reason, my worst problems seemed to be with hamstring machines -- especially the lying hamstring machine. No matter how or what I adjusted, I could never get positioned right. I think the bench was extra long or something (?). I finally gave up on it totally and moved on. :p

SallyAnne
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm 5'3", and for some reason, my worst problems seemed to be with hamstring machines -- especially the lying hamstring machine. No matter how or what I adjusted, I could never get positioned right. I think the bench was extra long or something (?). I finally gave up on it totally and moved on. :p

Yep - we got a new one in our gym this week - I'm going to try it today and see if it fits me any better.

Mercury
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Yep - we got a new one in our gym this week - I'm going to try it today and see if it fits me any better.

Good luck! :)

Tu Holmes
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Your legs are all fine.

You've got feet on one end and ass on the other.

Suzy Brown
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Hubby, 5'5", & I got into a huge fight at the gym yesterday because he couldn't get the ham-curl adjusted right.

The back extension rack, and the t-bar row are the 2 that make me nuts. O & the glute isolator.

dvsness
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
5'0 here - my feet even dangle off my own couch!

MsGuns
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM
5'1" same issues

Im jealous..but Im taller....smile

~gymdiva~
03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah almost every gym I've been to I've had to stand on the seat to reach the lat pulldown bar...

still makes me giggle sally to think that dave thought you were taller than me in vegas...don't even remember the conversation but he was like, she's way taller, I was like ummm, no...hahahaha...staying with her now! aaaannnnddd we're basically both short folk...

AndroGrrL
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes - there are several of us here with height challenges. Diva and I are both 5'1ish.

What?! I always thought you were like 5'7"...dang. But for some reason people think I'm taller than 5'3"...which I guarantee you I am definitely not.

beezy13
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I have the opposite problem. being tall I can never get the seat low enough and then my arms end up being bent and I don't get a full range of motion. It sucks.

SallyAnne
03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
What?! I always thought you were like 5'7"...dang. But for some reason people think I'm taller than 5'3"...which I guarantee you I am definitely not.

What made you think I was so tall? lol