PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!!! This kid blows my mind

Deltasaurus
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM
my paradigm has just been shifted even more
this kid is a fucking god. That shit flew up he is going for 770 soon WTF!?!?!?!?!
264HAYJDwjo

crashcrew56
02-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Impressive lift, I think Eric Lillibridge's 800 is a little more impressive though

PowerBuilding
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Impressive lift, I think Eric Lillibridge's 800 is a little more impressive though

815 now and without straps but Eric's in a league of his own at his age. Nice lift for this kid though and surprisingly strong for being so lean (a nice way to say thin).

MightyMetcalf
02-11-2011, 02:56 AM
gatdamn thats impressive for this kid. wtf is up with the 3ft straps though, I've never seen straps that damn long

GirlyMuscle
02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Wow...he made that look so easy.

Sandpig
02-11-2011, 08:04 AM
^ Yea, he did. I feel so weak now.

Suzanne
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
holy shit!

djm6464
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
damn, i popped a vein in my forehead just watching

GENESIS
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Good weight, but this new version of deadlifting with rolling the weight towards you to get some momentum going, does seem to take away some of the impressiveness.

Suzanne
02-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Good weight, but this new version of deadlifting with rolling the weight towards you to get some momentum going, does seem to take away some of the impressiveness.

I'd be afraid to roll it towards me

i could see it now: roll it, try to go up, momentum throws me on my ass with bb over me :hypno:

Diabetic Muscle
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
It really doesn't make it easier. Just helps some people get into the groove better.

GENESIS
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
It really doesn't make it easier. Just helps some people get into the groove better.

You sure? Even on the subatomic level? The momentum has to account for something. Who knows...

Diabetic Muscle
02-11-2011, 03:44 PM
You sure? Even on the subatomic level? The momentum has to account for something. Who knows...
If it made it easier everyone would do it. Now at the nano measurements of force it might but I've tried both ways and I never noticed any difference. Why don't you try it and tell me if you thought it was easier? I would like to see for my personal curiosity.

Shariff Abel
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
you guys always have some negative nonsense to put in . this kid really did it amazing lift. he should join the bros vs pros.

Will Brink
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
my paradigm has just been shifted even more
this kid is a fucking god. That shit flew up he is going for 770 soon WTF!?!?!?!?!

I'm having a hard time believing that. Bar does not seem to be bending 700+ worth. He looks to weigh easily under 200lbs. Hey, if he's really that strong, then good on him, but I have known a lot of strong ass kids, but that's pushing the limits. I'd need to see that one with my own two eyes to believe it. He may also be one of those people set up for being silly strong at one lift due to mechanics, but still....anyone know this kid to confirm? Does he compete? Other lifts #?

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm having a hard time believing that. Bar does not seem to be bending 700+ worth. He looks to weigh easily under 200lbs. Hey, if he's really that strong, then good on him, but I have known a lot of strong ass kids, but that's pushing the limits. I'd need to see that one with my own two eyes to believe it. He may also be one of those people set up for being silly strong at one lift due to mechanics, but still....anyone know this kid to confirm?

wow....so why don't you count the plates on the bar? and if you knew a damn thing some bars don't bend. they are stiff.

Will Brink
02-11-2011, 04:11 PM
wow....so why don't you count the plates on the bar?

Proof of nothing.

and if you knew a damn thing some bars don't bend. they are stiff.

Depending on the rating of the bar, they can flex quite a bit, and you can usually get a decent approx sense of the weight from the bar flex. Plenty of people (and rightly so) have called BS on a lift due to lack of any bar flex. Once you get past 600 or so, bar flex can be pronounced. 700lbs:

r19CnZGlV1M

The kid might be 100% legit but I'm not sold personally.

Diabetic Muscle
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
198 class 751 Robert Herring 9/2011 100%
220 class 859 Ed Coan 1993 IPF

Seems like he is awful close to some big records.

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Proof of nothing.

Depending on the rating of the bar, they can flex quite a bit, and you can usually get a decent approx sense of the weight from the bar flex. Plenty of people (and rightly so) have called BS on a lift due to lack of any bar flex. Once you get past 600 or so, bar flex can be pronounced.

The kid might be 100% legit but I'm not sold personally.

let's see there are 14 45's on the bar plus the bar weight...um that is 675.
now add the 25's and 10's....um basic math that is 745.
last time i checked basic math overrules "bar flexing"

now take your hate someplace else

Will Brink
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
let's see there are 14 45's on the bar plus the bar weight...um that is 675.
now add the 25's and 10's....um basic math that is 745.
last time i checked basic math overrules "bar flexing"

now take your hate someplace else

Ok, what ever hoss. Enjoy. This guy has a lot of plates and is very impressive also:

7OOw-kRLbiY

If that kid is for real, I'd say we should be seeing him in the record books soon. I'm done.

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Ok, what ever hoss. Enjoy.

do tell us what you deadlift "hoss" and list your competition lifts. please.

your wonderful knowledge and expertise would be greatly appreciated here.
because lord knows a bar flexing actually decreases the force needed to lift the bar. if the bar in the OP's video did not flex the lift was tougher.

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Ok, what ever hoss. Enjoy. This guy has a lot of plates and is very impressive also:

7OOw-kRLbiY

If that kid is for real, I'd say we should be seeing him in the record books soon. I'm done.

Hey ding-a-ling - that is a booth they set up at the O and Arnold with fake plates on it (there is a sign behind the kid that says it) the actual weight is around 245lbs.

Why are you using this as an example?

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey ding-a-ling - that is a booth they set up at the O and Arnold with fake plates on it (there is a sign behind the kid that says it) the actual weight is around 245lbs.

guess he never watched the vid....

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
That kids lift is definitely legit on the 740. No way those plates are fake. I've never seen fake rubber plates before - always the metal kind. Doesn't mean they don't exist, but if you are talking about bar flex, I saw the bar bend nicely his DL.

I'd tend to take the word of an experienced DL and dude who does this stuff like Rob than someone who writes articles about it.

Will Brink
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Why? He said "count the plates" which as this vid shows, is proof of nothing. If the kid is legit, great.

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Why? He said "count the plates" which as this vid shows, is proof of nothing.

You are using a video of a 100% known fact of using fake plates. Do you have any evidence that the kid is using fake plates in the 740lb deadlift?

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Why? He said "count the plates" which as this vid shows, is proof of nothing.

some kid goes into a Golds gym with 14 fake plates to make a deadlift video...um yeah right.

and why such negativity? jealous of an 18 year old kid?

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
some kid goes into a Golds gym with 14 fake plates to make a deadlift video...um yeah right.

and why such negativity? jealous of an 18 year old kid?

I wouldn't go into a mall with a fake Louis Vuitton wallet. .. I wouldn't expect a kid to go in with 14 fake plates

Will Brink
02-11-2011, 04:44 PM
You are using a video of a 100% known fact of using fake plates. Do you have any evidence that the kid is using fake plates in the 740lb deadlift?

Christ, it's not rocket science here: counting plates is not proof of sh*% when as your own vid shows, fakes exist. That's the ONLY point.

Regardless, I'd be interested to know what he weighs. He looks tall doing this 405 squat:

YouTube - 405 no belt bodyweight under 220

So, maybe he's 220? What ever, I don't care if he's the next coming of the Kaz or a total fake.

I don't give a damn one way or another.

Have a good one gents.

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Christ, it's not rocket science here: counting plates is not proof of sh*% when as your own vid shows, fakes exist. That's the ONLY point.

Regardless, I'd be interested to know what he weighs. He looks tall doing this 405 squat:

YouTube - 405 no belt bodyweight under 220 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtWhL__d618&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)

So, maybe he's 220? What ever, I don't care if he's the next coming of the Kaz or a total fake.

Have a good one gents.

Then why did you even post anything in the first place Will?

robert da strongman
02-11-2011, 04:46 PM

so then you are admitting to trolling?

The Big Sexy
02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Then why did you even post anything in the first place Will?

so then you are admitting to trolling?

Boom... Where Sexah and Fat Fuck come together with pristine logic!

Diabetic Muscle
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
So the kid struggles with squatting 405 but pulls 740????

Striated-Glutes
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
He is legit. He trains at Frantz gym in Aurora, Illinois (see his other videos). His weight fluctuates between 220-240 and he's about 6'2". He pulled 705 a few months ago at a powerlifting meet in Iowa and he has a video up on powerliftingwatch where he pulls 730. He's also push jerked 330 pounds and he squatted 450ish at a meet.

TLG
02-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I'd tend to take the word of an experienced DL and dude who does this stuff like Rob than someone who writes articles about it.

since when is rob an experienced DL?

Brian Carley
02-12-2011, 01:36 AM
So the kid struggles with squatting 405 but pulls 740????

Just one of those things, his dead is his pet lift where he is just naturally good at it, he's always has had a huge dead for not even really looking like someone who should be that strong.

Aaron Singerman
02-12-2011, 01:59 AM

7OOw-kRLbiY

I'm with Will on this one... I don't buy it.

The Big Sexy
02-12-2011, 02:00 AM

LOL did you even read this thread? That was at a booth at the Olympia and the weight is 245 lol

Aaron Singerman
02-12-2011, 02:07 AM
LOL did you even read this thread? That was at a booth at the Olympia and the weight is 245 lol

I meant about the kid that looks like he doesn't train and yet pulls 740lbs with relative ease.

The Big Sexy
02-12-2011, 02:51 AM
I meant about the kid that looks like he doesn't train and yet pulls 740lbs with relative ease.

He doesn't look like a giant bodybuilder, on roids, or even a huge powerlifter - but you don't have to be huge to be strong. Nothing in that video he put up leads me to believe he had 14 fake plates hauled into Gold's Gym.

Growin24/7
02-12-2011, 02:55 AM
im with TBS, some people just can do crazy shit like that. Ik guys in my gym that JUST started working out that do 505lb deadlifts for reps....some ppl are just....strong i guess lol

robert da strongman
02-12-2011, 12:24 PM
He is legit. He trains at Frantz gym in Aurora, Illinois (see his other videos). His weight fluctuates between 220-240 and he's about 6'2". He pulled 705 a few months ago at a powerlifting meet in Iowa and he has a video up on powerliftingwatch where he pulls 730. He's also push jerked 330 pounds and he squatted 450ish at a meet.

well there you have it.

since when is rob an experienced DL?

and who are you?

end of thread, Jewbacca has spoken

Ryan Bracewell
02-12-2011, 12:49 PM
How about everyone in this thread that doesn't know WTF they are talking about just STFU? This includes anyone that doesn't know who this kid is or what kind of lifts he has performed in powerlifting and strongman meets.

Y'all sound like 15 year old girls talking out their ass