PDA

View Full Version : Pain Killer Question

danieleslinger02
02-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Ok Crazy question. March 14, 2005 I was hit by a Road Side Bomb in Iraq. Broke my neck at the c5 to c7, and Shattered my left shoulder completely tearing it from the Clavicle. My recovery to date is awesome and couldnt thank god anymore. I got Nationally Qualified this year, but being that I'm 6'3" I'm getting told I need More UPPER body thickness to place well at the National Level, as Im a Leg Dominant Bodybuilder. Long Story short I was reading a post here on RX that Pain Killers can cause muscle atrophy. I am prescribed Hydrocodone 1 every 6 hrs for pain or as needed. And Prescribed Adderall 1 Twice a day for focus factor to help with my focus that I lack when I have Migraines from the Head Trauma. Im Currently Running 50mg of Anadrol a day (12 more days, ran for 5 wks total), 400mg of Tren E a week, and 800mg of Test E a week (400mg Blend). Okay my question, is my meds combating my bulk? Because Im STUCK at 288 ...... I wake up at 281-283 and by nights end Im 288. Im eating like a fucking freak, lifting like a freak, so now Im confused as fuck. Uncle Attila where you at? What the fuck do I need to do?

BigJD69
02-12-2011, 01:17 AM
IMO I don't think that taking Hydrocodone is going to combat you putting size on esp. since all the anabolics you are taking. I have been off and on pain meds since 94 for broken bones to having my neck fused at C5-6-7. I still see a pain management M.D. and I am currently takin low dose Oxycodone(5mg) several times a day. I have to starve myself and do a ton of cardio to loose weight. Maybe if you post your diet someone maybe able to chime in and help you there,

Dee
02-12-2011, 01:24 AM
the pain killers/opiates arent likely to be in the way of your attempts to gain weight.....the stimulants MAY.....as central nervous system stimulants such as adderall may raise your metabolism....i wouldnt play with the dose as you are using it to treat a cognitive deficit caused by your injuries/migraine.....

Weight loss or a lack of growth is something healthcare professionals watch for when prescribing stimulants to children for ADD and ADHD.....and its often when some prescribers recommend "drug holidays" or breaks from the medication when then children arent in school (also done to reduce the potential for dependence/increasing doses)....DOES NOT happen to everyone, but does to some, and it MAY be a contributing reason why its difficult for you to gain.

again, its not really a variable IMO because stopping its use could be detrimental to your everyday functionality.....just an FYI

danieleslinger02
02-13-2011, 01:14 PM
IMO I don't think that taking Hydrocodone is going to combat you putting size on esp. since all the anabolics you are taking. I have been off and on pain meds since 94 for broken bones to having my neck fused at C5-6-7. I still see a pain management M.D. and I am currently takin low dose Oxycodone(5mg) several times a day. I have to starve myself and do a ton of cardio to loose weight. Maybe if you post your diet someone maybe able to chime in and help you there,

Right now my daily diet looks like this-
Meal 1- 6 Egg Whites, Syntha 6, with 1/3 cup of Strawberries and Bananas

Meal 2- 8 oz. Steak w/ 10 oz. Sweet Potato

Meal 3- 8 oz. Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 1/2 Cups of Veggies (Offseason I eat my veggies of choice)

Meal 4- Weight Gainer Shake

Meal 5- 8 oz. Meat of choice, Potato, and Salad

Meal 6- Typically Protein Bar

Meal 7- Shake Before Bed......

Obviously Offseason Diet, So I def have Cals, Protein, and Carbs in line. But after posting this I read the Adderall does combat weight gain, might just have to just keep lifting and lifting and lifting and force it on myself.

None the less I appreciate your in put. Good food for thought.

BigJD69
02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Right now my daily diet looks like this-
Meal 1- 6 Egg Whites, Syntha 6, with 1/3 cup of Strawberries and Bananas

Meal 2- 8 oz. Steak w/ 10 oz. Sweet Potato

Meal 3- 8 oz. Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 1/2 Cups of Veggies (Offseason I eat my veggies of choice)

Meal 4- Weight Gainer Shake

Meal 5- 8 oz. Meat of choice, Potato, and Salad

Meal 6- Typically Protein Bar

Meal 7- Shake Before Bed......

Obviously Offseason Diet, So I def have Cals, Protein, and Carbs in line. But after posting this I read the Adderall does combat weight gain, might just have to just keep lifting and lifting and lifting and force it on myself.

None the less I appreciate your in put. Good food for thought.

I would try to add more carbs into your diet.

Bryan Hildebrand
02-13-2011, 03:11 PM
just a few ideas.

the HCD is not contributing to in measurable catabolic effect. adding tren or anadrol is a perfect way to ensure no catabolic issues from the drug. many AIDS patients are taking anadrol to increase a number of things, but primarily to increase normal body stasis.

ask your doc about prescribing the extended release to ensure better coverage. there are several 12 hour preparations available. this may allow you to use less drug... the adderal is increasing your metabolism... and you arent eating enough.

try adding some EFA's to your first and 2nd meal. definately add carbs to your mid day meals. peanut butter or nuts before bed will help. you arent getting enough calories.

shorty9
02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
i take adderall as well and am perscribed 20mg 3x/day. Am in the process of stopping, but have been on them for about 5 years. The only thing that i really noticed that impeded me from gaining weight was that it negatively effects my appetite. Im sure it increases metabolism to a certain extent, but if you are taking it consistently over a long period of time I imagine the body does what it does with everything else and finds a way to compensate for the difference. I have found that I seem to hold less water while taking adderall. while on aas, if I stop taking it for a few days then go back on it I piss for about 24hrs straight.

-I would try adjusting calories like others have said and maybe add some carbs. If that is too tough maybe talk to ur dr. about adjusting your dose.

Or there is a 12hr time release available only as brand name only. Think it starts with a "V" but cant remember at moment. Its a little different then adderall, but has esentially the same effect and is perscribed for same purposes. The stuff also has a security feature to where an enzyme has to cleave a sugar off the end of it after digested to make it active and you only have so many enzymes available, so there is a natural upper limit to the amt you can take and any additiional wont do anything.(its really pretty clever actually and helps prevent abuse) Ive had friends say this 12 hr version effects their appetite less.... so may be something to discuss with your dr.

Wish you the best with your other injuries bro.

kron22
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
i take adderall as well and am perscribed 20mg 3x/day. Am in the process of stopping, but have been on them for about 5 years. The only thing that i really noticed that impeded me from gaining weight was that it negatively effects my appetite. Im sure it increases metabolism to a certain extent, but if you are taking it consistently over a long period of time I imagine the body does what it does with everything else and finds a way to compensate for the difference. I have found that I seem to hold less water while taking adderall. while on aas, if I stop taking it for a few days then go back on it I piss for about 24hrs straight.

-I would try adjusting calories like others have said and maybe add some carbs. If that is too tough maybe talk to ur dr. about adjusting your dose.

Or there is a 12hr time release available only as brand name only. Think it starts with a "V" but cant remember at moment. Its a little different then adderall, but has esentially the same effect and is perscribed for same purposes. The stuff also has a security feature to where an enzyme has to cleave a sugar off the end of it after digested to make it active and you only have so many enzymes available, so there is a natural upper limit to the amt you can take and any additiional wont do anything.(its really pretty clever actually and helps prevent abuse) Ive had friends say this 12 hr version effects their appetite less.... so may be something to discuss with your dr.

Wish you the best with your other injuries bro.
that "v" would be called vyvance

shorty9
02-13-2011, 08:02 PM
that "v" would be called vyvance

exactly what I was trying to think of, thanks bro!

danieleslinger02
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
just a few ideas.

the HCD is not contributing to in measurable catabolic effect. adding tren or anadrol is a perfect way to ensure no catabolic issues from the drug. many AIDS patients are taking anadrol to increase a number of things, but primarily to increase normal body stasis.

ask your doc about prescribing the extended release to ensure better coverage. there are several 12 hour preparations available. this may allow you to use less drug... the adderal is increasing your metabolism... and you arent eating enough.

try adding some EFA's to your first and 2nd meal. definately add carbs to your mid day meals. peanut butter or nuts before bed will help. you arent getting enough calories.

I replied in rush the other day... but typically saturday and sunday I go crazy, eat 2 heavy meals a day, fast food, pastas, etc..... but appreciate the insight.

heavyiron
02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
288lbs is a lot of mass to maintain. I know you are anxious but building mass at your level will take time brother.

I would add PB before bed myself.

kron22
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
from experience in pain pills and aas..they decreased my appetite bc i ate so many and i didnt get as much out of my cycle bc of lack of care for training esating etc i stayd messed up liver screaming for help....they do have an impact on appetite for sure..i know first hand..discontinue use and u should and wait 3 weeks and see if you can tell a difference....im willin to bet the farm u will respond better off the pain pills bro

kron22
02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
exactly what I was trying to think of, thanks bro!
you def get the rush minus the hunger stoppage..i ate on it but on adderall i couldnt even look at food

shorty9
02-14-2011, 10:14 PM
you def get the rush minus the hunger stoppage..i ate on it but on adderall i couldnt even look at food

adderall makes it tough. I stop from time to time, just like 4-5days off and typically by morning my 2nd day Im ravenous, like honest to go cant eat enough to fill me up no matter what I do. its crazy that you can truly forget what its like to have a decent appetite. I can force the food down while taking adderall, im just not hungery when doing it.

chocolatemilk
02-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Vicodin here and there won't effect your gains on steroids.

I hope you got straight pain killers with no APAP?

danieleslinger02
02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Vicodin here and there won't effect your gains on steroids.

I hope you got straight pain killers with no APAP?

They are APAP, but got it reduced to the 10/325, rather then 10/615. Being as Im a Military Patient, they are very sticky on what they give. Very small pharmaceutical formulary. But I gotta stay outta pain. That IED fucked me up, only survivor of 5 people. Thank the lord every day I can lift. And thats the truth.

danieleslinger02
02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
One of my biggest concerns has been my blood pressure. I got Amlodipine, but not sure if my BP Issues are Scripted Medsrelated or Gear related. When I went into my PCT after the Armed Forces Nationals, my BP didnt drop.

BigJD69
02-15-2011, 05:01 PM
They are APAP, but got it reduced to the 10/325, rather then 10/615. Being as Im a Military Patient, they are very sticky on what they give. Very small pharmaceutical formulary. But I gotta stay outta pain. That IED fucked me up, only survivor of 5 people. Thank the lord every day I can lift. And thats the truth.
Hey Brother THANKS for your service and all the sacrifices that you have made to protect our country!!!!

danieleslinger02
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Hey Brother THANKS for your service and all the sacrifices that you have made to protect our country!!!!
thanks bro, your appreciation makes it all worth it.

s2h
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
anyone tried bali kratom?..inplace of addciting pharm drugs....

makaveli25
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM

I have been using it to get off of suboxone bro. I think it's a lot healthier you are only eating plant material. The aroma (buzz) from it is pretty solid. It can be pretty expensive though. I guess the withdraw is way easier and shorter to deal with.

danieleslinger02
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Never Heard of it, What is it?

joe d
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok Crazy question. March 14, 2005 I was hit by a Road Side Bomb in Iraq. Broke my neck at the c5 to c7, and Shattered my left shoulder completely tearing it from the Clavicle. My recovery to date is awesome and couldnt thank god anymore. I got Nationally Qualified this year, but being that I'm 6'3" I'm getting told I need More UPPER body thickness to place well at the National Level, as Im a Leg Dominant Bodybuilder. Long Story short I was reading a post here on RX that Pain Killers can cause muscle atrophy. I am prescribed Hydrocodone 1 every 6 hrs for pain or as needed. And Prescribed Adderall 1 Twice a day for focus factor to help with my focus that I lack when I have Migraines from the Head Trauma. Im Currently Running 50mg of Anadrol a day (12 more days, ran for 5 wks total), 400mg of Tren E a week, and 800mg of Test E a week (400mg Blend). Okay my question, is my meds combating my bulk? Because Im STUCK at 288 ...... I wake up at 281-283 and by nights end Im 288. Im eating like a fucking freak, lifting like a freak, so now Im confused as fuck. Uncle Attila where you at? What the fuck do I need to do?

i was once stuck trying to gain and had major differences in weight when i woke up to mid day so i determined the long fast had to be the issue. i started sleeping the later half the night and after my big post w/o meal and i started gaining again.

s2h
02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I have been using it to get off of suboxone bro. I think it's a lot healthier you are only eating plant material. The aroma (buzz) from it is pretty solid. It can be pretty expensive though. I guess the withdraw is way easier and shorter to deal with.how much are you taking?

shorty9
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM

Im curious as well, what is this stuff? Ive never heard of it...

shorty9
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM

I want to say thank you for your service bro. I have a huge amt of respect for you. My brother is a Ranger, and has been deployed 3 times now,Afghanistan twice and Iraq once. I dont pretend to know what its like, but it sounds like you've been through alot. Again, thank you. And keep your chin up bro, i hope the pain issues get better for you.

D_T
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
I got nuttin but thank you for your service.

makaveli25
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
how much are you taking?

3-5 teaspoons a day. I really like the stuff.

chocolatemilk
02-18-2011, 04:43 AM

Ah I see...

You should watch out for liver enzymes with the APAP bro.

That sucks they changed it to give you more filler...