PDA

View Full Version : fats+carbs=...

trap
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Should we mix it in one meal or not.Isn't that true it will store as fat?

02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I usually try to mix protein + fat and carbs + protein
If you are having a higher card meal, i would definitely keep the fat lower with it.
Supposedly, the insulin release from the carbs, will push the fats that come with the meal to be stored.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I've done both together on my high days, but I only then....

I was always taught that your body runs the most efficiently on two highways....either protein and carbs or protein and fats.....

The Solution
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Total calories make you fat.. not fat+Carbs in a single meal, if you eat less calories than you need to gain weight or get fat how can you? You can't

While its not optimal to eat just a C+Fat Meal, you could always add a protein source to eat a balanced meal.

Broscience at its finest.

trap
02-17-2011, 05:01 AM
So human body can use carbs and fats as energy in the same time?
All Keto proces seems to learn brain to take energy from fats couse there isn't much cabs.When we eat carbs with fats it seems like energy will go from carbs and i wonder what's fats do then?

or i get all that wrong :dunno:

02-17-2011, 05:31 AM
total calories make you fat.. Not fat+carbs in a single meal, if you eat less calories than you need to gain weight or get fat how can you? You can't

while its not optimal to eat just a c+fat meal, you could always add a protein source to eat a balanced meal.

lol

02-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Total calories make you fat.. not fat+Carbs in a single meal, if you eat less calories than you need to gain weight or get fat how can you? You can't

While its not optimal to eat just a C+Fat Meal, you could always add a protein source to eat a balanced meal.

So as long as we take in the right amount of calories we can just eat doughnuts, mashed potatoes and candy with our protein.

LOL

Pheedno
02-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Carbs and fats mixed together are fine. I mix them through my prep diet every time to some degree and do so for clients as well.

AofF, if a person is only concerned with weight gain/loss and not composition, yes, a person can do so with donuts.

•P®øD¶G¥•
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
So as long as we take in the right amount of calories we can just eat doughnuts, mashed potatoes and candy with our protein.

LOL

Apparently.

"3.2 lbs drop in lean muscle and 23.8 lbs drop in fat mass. His body composition improved by eating twinkies and debie snacks. Take that Gary Taubes!

Not to mention that his... "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent...and his triglycerides dropped 39%.""

twinky diet - RX Muscle Forums

G-Roy
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
So human body can use carbs and fats as energy in the same time?
All Keto proces seems to learn brain to take energy from fats couse there isn't much cabs.When we eat carbs with fats it seems like energy will go from carbs and i wonder what's fats do then?

or i get all that wrong :dunno:

keto is a different animal all together. For everyday nutrition you can combine your nutrients. Digestion is a process that takes hours so its not like your body seeks out the carbs and digests them and stores the fat because it cant deal with them while digesting carbs. I used to do fat and protein only meals and carb and protein meals, i dont worry about it anymore and Ive seen no difference. That said, I do tend to eat lower carbs because I think fats are much more beneficial to health.

trap
02-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah,i love long energy from fats and just feel better.The only time i like carbs more is after work out.

Mike Conley
02-17-2011, 02:13 PM
If you are having a higher card meal, i would definitely keep the fat lower with it.
Supposedly, the insulin release from the carbs, will push the fats that come with the meal to be stored.

^^^^I have been told this as well and stick to a similar approach with most of my carbs coming in meals 1 and 5 for the day. I take in 7 total for those who wondered. Overall I am around 85-100 g of fat and carbs a day and aroudn 250 g in protein. I think it also depends on what fats we are talking. I love peanut butter but I have found that too much just gives me a bloated appearance while when snacking on things like almonds I appear dryer. I guess experiment and see how your body reacts

The Solution
02-17-2011, 08:56 PM

LOL

Try to gain fat in a caloric deficit .. because you can't

and way to really blow things out of porportion by saying you get all your carbs/fats from candy/doughnuts.
Whats wrong with Mashed Potatoes.. you boil a potato and mash it with a mixer.. That is not bad at all? Unless I a missing something? I ate mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes on the daily norm on prep.. perfectly fine. just eating a potato but mashed. Even threw in some almond milk to make it a touch runnier. Tasted great.

Ill eat my almond butter on my sweet potato and enjoy it .. thanks..
I guess when i was 5% in my avatar i got fat from eating peanut butter in my oatmeal too right.

Thanks bro.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-we-get-fat.html
http://alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/carbohydrate-and-fat-controversies-part-1.html

G-Roy
02-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Try to gain fat in a caloric deficit .. because you can't

and way to really blow things out of porportion by saying you get all your carbs/fats from candy/doughnuts.
Whats wrong with Mashed Potatoes.. you boil a potato and mash it with a mixer.. That is not bad at all? Unless I a missing something? I ate mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes on the daily norm on prep.. perfectly fine. just eating a potato but mashed. Even threw in some almond milk to make it a touch runnier. Tasted great.

Ill eat my almond butter on my sweet potato and enjoy it .. thanks..
I guess when i was 5% in my avatar i got fat from eating peanut butter in my oatmeal too right.

Thanks bro.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-we-get-fat.html
http://alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/carbohydrate-and-fat-controversies-part-1.html

i think he's referring to the traditional way of making taters. cream, butter, salt etc, you know, so they taste good.

what is your weight in your avatar?

The Solution
02-18-2011, 09:04 PM
i think he's referring to the traditional way of making taters. cream, butter, salt etc, you know, so they taste good.

what is your weight in your avatar?

Again thats HIS perception of food and what he think is true/not and the research is there to back it.

Anyone can say mashed potatoes and think they are bad.. but you have to realize you just boil a potato and mash it with a mixer.. and even if you add Almond milk which is 35 calories per FULL cup.. thats not going to harm it much at all..

Also he probably thinks if people say pancakes they are BAD. when you can make pancakes with egg whites oats and whey protein, or cottage cheese, whey, oats, protein etc etc..

There are many ways to skin the cat in bodybuilding, but so many people think this or that is true 100% of the time. Like people think you need to eat 5-6 times a day when there has been modern reserach proving 3-4 meals may be better for muscle protein synthesis and satiety for a prep. Layne's Muscle Protein Synthesis is a great example of research on less meals and BCAA between meals and martin's research on Meal Frequency:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

I was top of lightweights in my avatar.

Conrad
02-18-2011, 11:04 PM
There are many ways to skin the cat in bodybuilding, but so many people think this or that is true 100% of the time. Like people think you need to eat 5-6 times a day when there has been modern reserach proving 3-4 meals may be better for muscle protein synthesis and satiety for a prep. Layne's Muscle Protein Synthesis is a great example of research on less meals and BCAA between meals and martin's research on Meal Frequency:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

I was top of lightweights in my avatar.
But there are researches stating otherwise as well. This is an arguement that can go back and forth all day with everyone but I hope it does not turn into that.

However, I feel it is better to eat more then 3 meals a day? Why? For one, I can not stomach all the food I need to eat in 3 meals.

fitange
02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
I don't know what to believe anymore :-(

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
02-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I know of a guy once, that dieted really well for shows....he always came in shredded....he was a natural freak....he would pick a macro nutrient and eat it for the day....ie...
one day he ate only protein, another day only fat....another day only carbs....

Total Freak......it worked for him.......

daywalker72
02-19-2011, 01:51 PM
the solution is right
you cant get fat in a calorie deficit, you might lose some muscle if your protein/fat/carbs are not balanced but you wont get fat in a calorie deficit

Costco77
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
People try to make things more complicated than it actually is. calorie deficit = weight loss, but bodybuilders also want to make sure they're getting enough protein, enough fats to keep hormones elevated, obviously carbs should also be in the diet. This link should help:
Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients - Bodybuilding.com Forums

lilhawk1
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
The insulin release from carbs is blunted by eating protein with it. Protein and carbs together along with low fat keeps blood sugar levels nice and steady with no spikes.

ONLY2
05-07-2011, 06:32 PM
A little carbs with fat makes sense.

Fricano
05-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I guess I used to be part of the p+c and p+f camp but lately Im not really sure what the right answer is. Total calories expenditure is important and so are the foods you choose. (in my opinion the less processed the better) Really though any method you choose you'll know if it working or not. Then its just being consistent.