PDA

View Full Version : will this bust me up out of keto?

tribal
03-25-2009, 10:40 AM
sorry i posted in the wrong forum...fffffffffffuck

my urine was very acidic so i will be drinking a lemonade mix of:

1st batch consists of-1 gallon water(primarily tap), 2 whole lemons, 8 packets of splenda

2nd batch consists of-1 gallon water(primarily tap), 4 whole lemons(2 lemons will be from the previous batch), 10 packets of splenda

gman
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
why drink acid when you are acidic?

take some coral calcium like Dave recommends

tribal
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
why drink acid when you are acidic?

take some coral calcium like Dave recommends
i was under the impression based on websites and what other people say that this is not acidic in the body, it actually works the opposite

Frosty
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Lemons are highly alkalanizing in the body, but that's too much sugar.

Vinegar is aklalanizing and helps with digestion of protein. Eating more greens like spinach. Creatine and salt are alkalanizing. Having some whey shakes instead of only meat helps a lot, too. Mineral waters are highly alkalanizing, and there are drops available to add to regular water if you want.

tribal
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Lemons are highly alkalanizing in the body, but that's too much sugar.

Vinegar is aklalanizing and helps with digestion of protein. Eating more greens like spinach. Creatine and salt are alkalanizing. Having some whey shakes instead of only meat helps a lot, too. Mineral waters are highly alkalanizing, and there are drops available to add to regular water if you want.
how many packets ya think for a gallon? 8 packets is only like????2 tbsp??? but that shit aint supposed to be sugar?!?!?! my urine was a 5 on the ph scale, am i fucked or what?

MassiveMiddleWeight
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
lemons are supposed to have an alkalizing effect on the body but i can betcha that the splenda will more than make the whole concoction acidic

gman
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Dave told me just to take calcium to neutralize the acidic effects of the keto diet. Plus it's good for your bones.

It's weird that drinking acetic acid is actually an acid neutralizer, but I guess some things were not meant to be understood.

tribal
03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
lemons are supposed to have an alkalizing effect on the body but i can betcha that the splenda will more than make the whole concoction acidic
lol sugar is alkalizing as well tho..as per website http://www.ctds.info/acidic-foods.html

DAVIDHARDY
03-25-2009, 11:47 AM

lol sugar is alkalizing as well tho..as per website http://www.ctds.info/acidic-foods.html

I think he's getting at the processing involved in making the Splenda with the chemicals used in the procss that could make it acidic. I don't know anything at all about the process, so I cannot lean one way or the other. I freakin love Splenda btw!

tribal
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I think he's getting at the processing involved in making the Splenda with the chemicals incolved that could make it acidic. I don't know anything at all about the process, so I cannot lean one way or the other. I freakin love Splenda btw!
WTF!? EVERYONES BLASTIN SPLENDA!! IS THIS SHIT BAD OR NO? i fuckin use it on everything vegetables, tea, coffee, baking desserts WTF?!

gman
03-25-2009, 06:11 PM
every packet has 1g of carbs according to Dave, so if you use a shitload of it, you could go out of keto. In diet drinks, there are no added carbs, but in the powdered stuff, there are.

Angela123
03-25-2009, 10:15 PM
actually...all artificial sweetners (splenda, equal and sweet and low) have less than 1 gram of carb in it. i dont think that is the main reason some people say to avoid splenda. I believe some look down upon it as a 'no-no' because splenda combines sucralose with maltodextrin. I have read that it is the maltodextrin that is the problem for a keto dieter, not the sucralose. i also believe equal has maltodextrin combined with dextrose. i dont think sweet and low does. sweet and low i think is dextrose and sacchrin. but it sure as hell doesnt taste as good as equal or splenda lol. stevia is always safe. esp liquid stevia. stevia is great imo. tastes fine for me, though it is more expensive.

Youngguns
03-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Splenda contains sucralose which is an excitotoxin which are known to excite brain cells to the point of self deconstruction. Google excitotoxin and watch the presentation the done by the neurologist.

gman
03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
I should be insane by now then, because I do a large amount of splenda every day (8-10 diet drinks)

Angela123
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
not all diet drinks contain splenda. it will say if it does.

Frizzy
03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
not all diet drinks contain splenda. it will say if it does.

Diet drinks with splenda are 100% fine they contain the pure form of it which is Sucralose and does not have Malto in it. Maltodextrin is used as a anti-caking agent.

Angela123
03-26-2009, 10:58 PM
yes i know what malto dextrin is used for. i didnt say diet drinks with splenda are not fine. i was just letting him know that not all diet drinks contain splenda. :-)

Frizzy
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
yes i know what malto dextrin is used for. i didnt say diet drinks with splenda are not fine. i was just letting him know that not all diet drinks contain splenda. :-)

I was explaining why splenda in diet drinks are ok unlike crystal light or powder splenda. I did not mean to be rude if it seemed that way :(

Angela123
03-26-2009, 11:37 PM
u weren't. :-) u quoted me tho. so i was just replying back.

"Rodz"
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
how many packets ya think for a gallon? 8 packets is only like????2 tbsp??? but that shit aint supposed to be sugar?!?!?! my urine was a 5 on the ph scale, am i fucked or what?

try using stevia

"Rodz"
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
already stated, sorry folks

-BLP-
04-07-2009, 01:52 AM
how about glycerol?

Frosty
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd watch out for glycerol on keto, but that's just my opinion.

jjjohns_10
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Ever tried liquid Stevia? I tried it because i saw a video of Melvin Anthony using it with squeezed lemons while dieting. It tastes pretty good too!