PDA

View Full Version : shoulder.... this is going to be detailed

orhochris
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
up until october of last year, had great strength and flexibility in the back/shoulder. was able to do 14 pullups with pristine form to full extension of arm to full contraction. did stretches with dumbbell attached after pullups holding for 60 seconds fully extended, etc.

all of a sudden in oct. shoulder pain starts setting in, range of motion deteriorates almost over night and when I try to stretch my lat out or put my arm in a pulling position over head, my arm starts TREMBLING/SHAKING as i would begin to stretch. hope you know what I am saying.

turns out a screw from a previous surgry, (post capsule shift) had come loose. had to surgeries in january and had them removed. went through rehab and range of motion is getting better as well as strenght is returning. still doing bands.

but the shaking/weakness in my right arm as I try to stretch my arm over head or to get into some type of pulldown position is ridiculous.

I know that I have interior rotation lack of motion/tightness, scapular winging, and weakness in the scap stabs.

Question: do you think the shaking/trembling will go away as my strengthening gets better? any body know what to do/causing it? my pt says its just weakness, but i'm getting progressively stronger and its not getting better...

THanks