PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley In Talks With UFC (Interview)

ROTFLMAO
03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Bobby Lashley In Talks With UFC (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Mar 25, 2009 - 3:44:31 PM

Last weekend, former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley was victorious in his second professional MMA fight, defeating Jason Guida by unanimous decision at the “March Badness" MMA & boxing Pay-Per-View. Lashley was a guest on the Pro MMA Radio show last night and told host Larry Pepe that his ultimate goal is to be a player in the UFC.

“I’ve had dialogue with (the UFC) over the past few days. They know where my mind frame is. I hold the UFC in high regard and I believe the UFC is a place where you have to be at a certain level before you get there. I want to be a serious contender for a title before I go in there. When I get to the UFC, I want people to say ‘Bobby is good enough to go for the title.’ I would like to be holding a 5-0 or 6-0 record, somewhere around there before going into the UFC. If I can take what I do in practice and put that into a match — then you’ll see a whole different Bobby than what you saw the other day.”

To listen to the entire interview, visit ProMMARadio.com.

BigJD69
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Kewl a lot of guys are starting to jump ship~

IanMazia
03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Granted this was only his second professional MMA bout, I was not at all impressed with his performance against Guida who epitomizes that of a mediocre fighter. The UFC should defintely wait until Lashley's 5th or 6th fight before they even seriously contemplate his arrival amongst their stable of fighters. But then again, Brock only had one MMA fight before entering the UFC, so you can never really know how the UFC will decide.

BigJD69
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
He's got a name behind him like Brock

s2h
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
He doesn't have the physical dominance that Lesnar has,so he needs to wait and develop his MMA skill set to compete at that level>I think he needs to fight some mid-lower range UFC heavywieghts or maybe somebody like Mark Coleman or Kevin Randleman to see where he really is at!!

beggs_05
03-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I bet what he means by “I’ve had dialogue with (the UFC) over the past few days," is that they asked him to tryout for the Ultimate Fighter Season 10 on April 6th, which I think would be great idea. Not only would it be a perfect way to test Lashley's skill set, it would potentially draw more viewers to the show because his name is pretty recognizable.

ARMYofONE
05-24-2009, 10:46 AM
He doesn't have the physical dominance that Lesnar has,so he needs to wait and develop his MMA skill set to compete at that level>I think he needs to fight some mid-lower range UFC heavywieghts or maybe somebody like Mark Coleman or Kevin Randleman to see where he really is at!!\

Does not have the physical dominance?? Guess you never met him. He has ALOT of physical dominance, and a stable of excellent trainers at America's Top Team. And he also has a great attitude and personality.

bionic redneck
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
i have seen lashley and lesner in WWE i wanna see them in a real fight.... and yes it would draw plenty of national attention.. and something id definately pay to see..

ARMYofONE
05-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah I think it would be a great match up. I am guessing it will take place in less than 5 years

Plates
05-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I hope this doesnt happen....if he actually fights someone of a decent caliber and wins, then i'd be impressed. Until then, he hasnt fought anyone in my opinion. This has Seth vs. Kimbo all over it