PDA

View Full Version : Bikini crit

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey guys, need some honest critique and advice to use going forward. I competed this past weekend and even though I won my class, I was a little disappointed at missing the overall. I'm looking for help recognizing the points I need to refine in order to move on and compete at the National level. So I'll give you a little background:

3 years training, 2nd year competing. Spent the winter putting on size and trying to build up my weakest areas: arms, shoulders, and butt. First contest weight 133, this past weekend, 145. I definitely put on weight! :hypno: I came in at 8% bf this time around, but still felt like I could have been tighter through the hips and butt. I've been told to back off on my legs and maybe even bring them down a bit, as well as advised to build some back width to give me the illusion of a smaller waist. I have a very straight waist, which is poison in the bikini division...:dunno:

I plan on hitting Jr. Nats next, so help a sister out. Take the gloves off and gimme some advice on where I can make changes to improve my package. I wish I had some straight-on rear pose shots to give you, but I don't. Maybe once the stage shots from the show go up?

Sorry for the shitty picture quality on the first set, first two are from August 2010, looking skinny:

http://oi51.tinypic.com/315kj7l.jpg

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2qcghh1.jpg

Feb 2011- definitely bigger, but maybe not better?:

http://oi54.tinypic.com/acppqs.jpg

http://oi54.tinypic.com/30m1kxc.jpg

Thanks guys, let er rip.

KS

tammyp
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
you certainly have made improvements! your very pretty in the first pic but arms look very skinny. hard to tell in the rear pic in the lastest shot...form that angle i think tighten butt up just a bit. id also suggest a suit maybe a bit higher on hip to give you a more curvy waist line. you are a gorgeous girl and have a great look..you should do well at nationals..how tall are you?

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 11:53 AM
5'10"!!!

I think that suit would be fine if the chains didn't keep slipping down, I need to size up the bottoms a bit to keep the sides from sliding down my greasy hips! :D

tammyp
03-02-2011, 02:06 PM
holy shit! now i know where the rest of me went! like the suit but i can that would be a problem! the first pic the suit is awesome!

holyintellect
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I never made the connection that you competed last weekend...LOL...I certainly remember you...D class winner. You were straight firsts in your class. In all honesty, I think it came down to just different structures between the four of you for the overall, and based on the scorecard, you were clearly 4th. The good news is that you're kicking ass in the tall category...LOL

I think you have a great look now (obviously since I scored you first in your class), and I think the only thing I might do is be SLIGHTLY tighter from the back. Also, I dont recall your presentation, but the last pic isnt very flattering...it could have just been taken at an odd time, but look how forced you look compared to the girl standing to your right...she is much more relaxed, with the bikini swagger going on...again, could have just been at an odd time, so not sure thats even a credible critique.

Congrats on a great show...I wish I would have known you were competing, I would have introduced myself...

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM

I'm sure we'll run into each other at some other time. Wow, 4th overall...the scorecard says 2nd? I feel like I spent so much time trying to desperately add mass over the winter that I came in looking thick. As far as "structure" is concerned, what can I work on to make mine more appealing?

http://oi52.tinypic.com/6eoq34.jpg

holyintellect
03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I apologize, you were second! I was looking down the right column and assumed that you were last since you were the D class representative....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
That's quite alright :D

Jude2
03-02-2011, 10:11 PM
First off your face and hair looks better in the 2nd show. The added size did change your shape, but you still look good. Work on back width to help the waist and get your legs and glutes tighter, not bigger. They are bigger in the 2nd show but not tighter. Think about coming to New Orleans for the Greater Gulf States on June 24th which is female only night. Sandy will be the head judge and she also is the head judge for the bikini nationals. I will also be judging the show. You look great for a tall girl.

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks Jude :) Very helpful advice. I'll certainly consider New Orleans.

I'll be working hard on refining all my new-found muscle between now and the next show! Thanks to all the critique judges for your input, I appreciate your honesty!!!

s2h
03-02-2011, 10:23 PM
heres the prob with bikini judging for me..what i think looks perfect never seems to be waht the judges think..its such a toss up..by the way..i think you look really hot..yes i'm a schome..kinda..good luck at your next show..

kentuckyslim
03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank You! :)

It's got to be a difficult division to judge, as it's so subjective with no real defined set of guidelines as of yet. But I can definitely agree that I need to be tighter, all over. Refine, refine, refine!

tammyp
03-03-2011, 05:45 AM
and that is ez to do w your time frame