PDA

View Full Version : Help me gain weight... :(

CandaceM
03-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I am hoping that you can help.

I am a 30 year old woman; 5'3, 101 lbs... but look much smaller then the number.

I have always been extremely small. I eat very healthy and drink MHP Up your Mass every morning.

I go to the gym and only lift weights. I try not to do any cardio.

I have a boyish figure with no hips..

I am VERY interested in learning the correct steps to get more weight and curves.

If anyone can give me any information on what I should eat, supplements that I should take, exercises that I should do.... I would appreciate it!!!!

I would love to have a more womanly figure...

stephaniewicked
03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey Candace, welcome to Rx! :)

What is your diet like? If you post up an example of your daily meals, it will help everyone here give an honest evaluation of how you can change things up to gain healthy weight.

joe-ali
03-06-2011, 07:23 PM
sorry to jump on a womans thread, but i work with only women. my wife had the same problem, she was 4'11 and weighed only 80lbs. the key for you to gain quality wieght is to train very heavy with basic movements and be out of the gym in 40minutes or less. you should only be eating clean on the weekdays, then on weekends you need to gorge! anything goes, just be sure to keep same amount of protein in. my wife follows this and now she weighs in at 90lbs but totally wiegh more lean toned and curvy. do not go to gym every day. 3 or at most 4 days a week. if your appetite sucks you can add low intensity cardio in the morning to boost. or you can go to your local chinese herb shop and buy kianpi, it is a special form of ginseng that can make you more hungry than anything!!!

i hope this helps. i use to be an undersized man. i know how you feel.

CandaceM
03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank guys!

My gym and diet are usually:

I go to the gym around 4 or 5 days a week. I hardly ever do cardio with the exception of rollerblading usually once a week. I rotate on what I am doing at the gym. One day arms, One day shoulders and back, One day legs.

A typical day of meals for me:

Up your Mass Protein Shake (16 oz)
Fage yogurt with fruit
1 piece of toast
Grilled Chicken sandwich with avacado
Up your Mass Protein Shake (16 oz)
Rice Cake with Peanut butter
Grilled Chicken with vegetables
Coffee
Water

Any suggestions?

Suzanne
03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Def eat more that is hardly any food that is less than a lot of people diet on

You need 6-8 meals at least

the basic starting is to eat 20x you bodyweight in order to gain and if you are really fast metab you would have to eat even more
so at least 2000 cals

I personally prefer a 5 day split hit every part hard once a week
Leg
Back
Chest
Arm
Shoulders
add it things like calves and abs

ritch
03-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Take Oprah's advice, seems to do the trick for her fat ass...

lfytraining
03-09-2011, 01:33 AM
What about milk?

Most healthy people are a bit hesitant about adding fast food in their diet to gain weight. But drinking a cup or two of whole milk with each meal, if you are not lactose intolerant is a good compromise.

I know that drinking whole milk works pretty well with many skinny guys that I know that tried to gain weight (e.g. combined with an adequate 5x5 training, one of them gained 20 lbs in 3 weeks, and not only fat).

And I agree with Suzanne, you need at least 6 meals.

tammyp
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
add nuts and other healthy fats. streak and omega rich fish. lots of complex carbs. you need at least 2000 cals. your eating like a birdie:)

Sunnyday
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Welcome to RX!
I echo what everyone else is saying that you need to eat more. Tammy is right, add some nuts and other healthy fats, and DEFINITELY STEAK!

prettyadrienne
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Try to increase your calories in healthy way.

Add cheese, nuts and dressings made with olive, walnut or canola oil to salads.
Eat starchy vegetables such as potatoes and corn more often.
Go for dried fruits or fruit juices as healthy higher calorie snacks.
Add cream or cheese sauces to fish and baked chicken breast.
Choose herbs and spices to increase the flavors of your food rather than relying on salt.
Add powdered milk to soups and sauces to offer calories and protein.
Spread Peanut butter on whole grain bread, apples or celery sticks to get a great source of protein and calories.
Stick with healthy desserts, such as a bowl of berries with whipped topping and lot of chopped nuts.
Spoon healthy salad dressings on sandwiches and as a dip for vegetables.
Dip whole grain bread into olive oil, walnut oil or flax seed oil. If you don't care for much meat, add legumes such as black beans, kidney beans and pinto beans as protein sources.
Pick dark chocolate as a treat. Dark chocolate has antioxidants that other sweets don't have.

-------------------------------------------------------
I am falling even more in love with you..
Personal Trainer Dallas (http://www.getfitsandiego.com/dallas-personal-trainer.html)

ZenFit
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I am hoping that you can help.

I am a 30 year old woman; 5'3, 101 lbs... but look much smaller then the number.

I have always been extremely small. I eat very healthy and drink MHP Up your Mass every morning.

I go to the gym and only lift weights. I try not to do any cardio.

I have a boyish figure with no hips..

I am VERY interested in learning the correct steps to get more weight and curves.

If anyone can give me any information on what I should eat, supplements that I should take, exercises that I should do.... I would appreciate it!!!!

I would love to have a more womanly figure...
hey i take this product called U4EA-X and not only does it help increase my appetite but it also puts me in a great mood! i HIGHLY reccomend it! GOOD LUCK!

ZenFit
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
i set a timer every two hours and even wake up in the middle of the night to make sure that i have 12 meals threwout the entire day...

freebirdmac
04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok girl, you want to gain, you have got to eat!!! You should be consuming 2300 cals a day. A minimum of 160g protein and a minimum of 40g of good fats. The rest of your cals should mostly come from carbs. Aside from timing a pre workout meal, eat as often as you like. You'll probably find it easier to eat often to get the cals up.

Shakes are fine but you need whole food sources of protein. Especially the omega 3 salmon and tuna.

Fruit, yogurt, and toast? Have oatmeal and some fruit. Have the yogurt with some nuts for a snack.

Have some sweet potato fries with your chicken sandwich

Rice cakes??? Dump the cardboard. Put your peanut butter on a healthy bread.

Have some quinoa or brown rice with your chicken and veggies

Eat some cottage cheese with fruit or nut butter in the evening.

Cook your chicken and veggies in olive oil.

Get 80% of your cals from healthy sources. The other 20% can be what you want. When you're bulking you can easily meet your nutritional needs and still have cals left for the so-called bad food.