PDA

View Full Version : High testosterone levels and bodyfat/composition

barbellman
03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I want some thoughts on you guys on High testosterone levels and bodyfat/composition.

Is it possible to have HIGH testosterone levels say 1000 range naturally, and be super fat say 30% BF???

How much directly does testosterone contribute to being lean?

Shariff Abel
03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
that's a very good Question, i hope there is some good answers.

barbellman
03-07-2011, 10:13 AM
that's a very good Question, i hope there is some good answers.

Yea I'm curious for some responses also....and without giving too much away....the reason I ask is, I'm working with a guy right now who is defying all logic I have on health/fitness/weightlifting/dieting. I need to figure out if I need to get him retested, or this guy is a genetic oddity/wonder.

Provo82
03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
well i hope this helps. about 4 months ago i got my t checked and it was 260 and i still had all my abs visible and looked pretty full still. That kind of defies logic also. I guess this kinda of makes things more confusing and just confirms what we already know that the human body is one confusing machine.

bad rad
03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I want some thoughts on you guys on High testosterone levels and bodyfat/composition.

Is it possible to have HIGH testosterone levels say 1000 range naturally, and be super fat say 30% BF???

IMO more than it's given credit for. Unichs were known for being soft, fat and weak. Test really is an incredible partioning agent.

HammerStrength12
03-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd imagine it's possible, but 1000 is like the top .01th percentile. Hardly any people with test levels that high.

Gunners
03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Of course it's possible. Test helps you build muscle, which helps speed up the metabolism, it also helps spare muscle when dieting - so all these things are in our favour when taking test (or naturally having high test levels). but if you don't live the life...... you can be fat for sure =)

Also, what did his estrogen test at? I bet it was way up there? The effects of T are greatly influenced by the levels of E, the ratio is really important.

barbellman
03-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Of course it's possible. Test helps you build muscle, which helps speed up the metabolism, it also helps spare muscle when dieting - so all these things are in our favour when taking test (or naturally having high test levels). but if you don't live the life...... you can be fat for sure =)

Also, what did his estrogen test at? I bet it was way up there? The effects of T are greatly influenced by the levels of E, the ratio is really important.

alright I'll spill the beans

guy is 5'11 370lbs, I'd guess 30-35% BF
biggest wrists I've ever seen in my life
currently on a keto diet getting him to cut weight
we got him tested, Testosterone was 890 and estrogen was 78
no bullshit, first time in the gym this guy put up 225lb for 25 just so I could gauge his strength level, now after 4 weeks of training benching 435lbs.

I don't get how you could be so fucking fat with such a high test level, and the guy is just freaky strong for NEVER having trained before...fuck my genetics :no:

Gunners
03-07-2011, 11:39 AM
so his T:E ratio is nothin amazing, about 11:1. he is at that high end of the physiological level, even at a supraphysiological level he could be that fat. As i said, test affects fat loss in an indirect way by making the whole process more effective. but you can still be very fat.

he sounds like a bit of a genetic freak though so...

barbellman
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
so his T:E ratio is nothin amazing, about 11:1. he is at that high end of the physiological level, even at a supraphysiological level he could be that fat. As i said, test affects fat loss in an indirect way by making the whole process more effective. but you can still be very fat.

he sounds like a bit of a genetic freak though so...

Yea I'm just trying to figure this kid out...

first thing I noticed was the wrists...easily 2x the size of mine, future powerlifting champ if we can get his weight under control!?:yep:

Dre23
03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds like he could be my twin!

adpolice
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Alexey killed my dreams to be a bodybuilder and now your friend kills my strongman dreams..I need a BLP ''fuck genetics''overdose!:sad:

bad rad
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM

no bullshit, first time in the gym this guy put up 225lb for 25 just so I could gauge his strength level, now after 4 weeks of training benching 435lbs.

I don't get how you could be so fucking fat with such a high test level, and the guy is just freaky strong for NEVER having trained before...fuck my genetics :no:

Wow, how old is he? I would push him into PL, this guy sounds ike an ego killer.

Doing the math this guy is about 256lbs of LBM, at 5' 11" too. That's some serious size once he loses the fat.

BigJD69
03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
WOW!!! Sounds like a BIG BOY!!! How old is he? Has he ever taken Test b4?

bert
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
This may sound stupid but maybe natural test does not have the same structure as synthetic test or myabe it is some other hormone in the body that is off. Thyroid, insulin?? I know "someone" who did a few large cycles and had trouble gaining weight and actually getting fat.

Sieve
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Its all receptors :).

s2h
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
theres always somebody out there...that defies the norm..call it a genetic freak or whatever..sounds like you have a guy with some special gifts..keep working with him bbman..he might be the next brain shaw....

JR
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Also, what did his estrogen test at? I bet it was way up there? The effects of T are greatly influenced by the levels of E, the ratio is really important. I'm confused. I thought high estrogen levels could cause fat retention, regardless of T levels.

Ironbrian82
03-08-2011, 08:47 AM

look at most of the pro strongmen most of them are fat big wrists and bones and strong as fuck add gear in and theres a freak

LiftHeavy078
03-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Testosterone actually contributes a lot to being lean. I am not going to get into all the specifics and details here, because it would take me awhile. I am just going to point out that just because his testosterone is a little above average, does not mean he cannot store fat. I am sure his diet is very poor.

jciii1976
03-14-2011, 06:56 PM
well im 5'9" and weighed 289lbs and mine was 255. but i was nowhere near that strong. i know a guy that was smaller than me, just a country boy that could walk in and throw up 225 like it was nothing. we was probable 250 but like you said he had wrists the size of some peoples forearms.

joe d
03-14-2011, 08:58 PM
high test helps keep you lean. low test makes it easy to store fat but both are still very possible regardless.