PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida's Strongest Man.....Really?

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
http://www.visionstarinc.com/orlando/strongman.html

Amazon Doll
03-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Are you competing?

Looks like a lot of fun stuff going on as well as the Europa

TLG
03-09-2011, 12:27 AM
I thought weech already had the 3rd annual central Florida strongman? Why is randy using the same name?

Also what the F?

REQUIREMENTS:Registration includes enrollment in the FNSA (Florida Natural Strongman Association), which is a requirement to compete.

TLG
03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
... woops double post.

robert da strongman
03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Are you competing?

Looks like a lot of fun stuff going on as well as the Europa

this will be at the Europa

I thought weech already had the 3rd annual central Florida strongman? Why is randy using the same name?

Also what the F?

REQUIREMENTS:Registration includes enrollment in the FNSA (Florida Natural Strongman Association), which is a requirement to compete.

yeah i had the same discussion with another strongman...the $500 prize money does look enticing though

TLG
03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
this will be at the Europa

yeah i had the same discussion with another strongman...the $500 prize money does look enticing though

didn't you did randy's 2nd annual?

Let's see, the farmers changed what? 4 times? the sled was crazy hard to drag and he wanted us to push it at one point..... Oh and one point he wanted us to throw 10-15lb sandbags over a string towards his building.....

Im super on the fence on this one, his website has an entry form that says 60 bucks to enter, and nothing about being a part of this natural strongman club. But then he says the natural club is something he is trying to start, and drug testing will come in the future.... yet you still have to join...

robert da strongman
03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
didn't you did randy's 2nd annual?

Let's see, the farmers changed what? 4 times? the sled was crazy hard to drag and he wanted us to push it at one point..... Oh and one point he wanted us to throw 10-15lb sandbags over a string towards his building.....

Im super on the fence on this one, his website has an entry form that says 60 bucks to enter, and nothing about being a part of this natural strongman club. But then he says the natural club is something he is trying to start, and drug testing will come in the future.... yet you still have to join...

what a freaking nightmare that comp was! 7 hours...2 helpers and the worst music ever.

there is a link to signup online that includes the fee for the natural fed...makes me giggle...natural...haha! i asked for weights and got a vague reply. but 500 bucks sounds nice right about now.

TLG
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I love loading stones in the dark to britney spears, I don't know about you....

"We are looking for the everyday guy/gal/2-person team to compete in the 3rd Annual Central Florida Strongman competition at the 2011 Europa Show of Champions."

an everyday guy can "Medley with tire flip 120 ft and sandbag shuffle (1,000 lbs of sand) back for 120 ft."?????

his sense of distance is always so off. a 120ft tire flip is at least 15 flips, that is going to take at least a minute... then carry a 1000lbs of sand back 120 feet????

Farmers Walk medley through HELL…60 ft / drum carry 60 ft / tire drag 120 ft back

another 240ft of bullshit. the farmers and carry is fine, but dragging a tire 120 feet, that will take longer to flip it 120 ft. We are taking at least 1:30 plus

that is 3 minutes of all out crazy in just two events. Then wrap up with a widowmaker squat in EVENT 6!!!

And natural every day people are going to do this?

My guess... he will change everything, the truck pull wont happen, the death medley will get changed, because 95% chance says he hasn't tested a single one of these events in the arena. Squat for reps? suits? straps? He is going to tell us day of?

I dont have any problem with the guy. He seemed cool, and let me sign up day of without a late fee, and he had free bbq there and companies giving out free monsters, and water, and supps. It was great from a promoters point of view. BUT from a meet organizer, he didn't really know what was going on.

robert da strongman
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
just his reply about event weights had me thinking that he has not tested any of the events.

one major thing missing is a press event.

TLG
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
yeah and I know he has that nice slater log, 200lbs empty.

I always thought if you took his good work as a promoter and getting vendors and stuff, and combined weech and tom to put together one big contest, like floridas strongest man, it was be really awesome.... but no, we have to have the new natural strongman club ....

robert da strongman
03-09-2011, 05:45 PM
i think the log actually is Brad Dunn's

egos and attitudes always get in the way.

TLG
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
i think the log actually is Brad Dunn's

egos and attitudes always get in the way.

lol brad dunn is supposedly my neighbor or something, because I can't even go to the grocery store without someone asking me if I know the guy that looks like wolverine.

robert da strongman
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
lol brad dunn is supposedly my neighbor or something, because I can't even go to the grocery store without someone asking me if I know the guy that looks like wolverine.

haha! he does...

TLG
03-14-2011, 02:36 PM
GOOD FOR WEECH!!!

4th Annual Central FL Strongest Man
Fun Bike Cntr.
Lakeland, FL
Contact Scott Weech [email protected] 863-221-5592

TAKE BACK YOUR CONTEST!!!

also how can randy call this annual? he had the first one in like 2007 right? then 09, now 11? seems like dual-annual. or however you would say that....

robert da strongman
03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
GOOD FOR WEECH!!!

4th Annual Central FL Strongest Man
Fun Bike Cntr.
Lakeland, FL
Contact Scott Weech [email protected] 863-221-5592

TAKE BACK YOUR CONTEST!!!

also how can randy call this annual? he had the first one in like 2007 right? then 09, now 11? seems like dual-annual. or however you would say that....

i am looking forward to this one!

when he posts the events i will have this thread redone...

yeah the one in 09 wasn't even central florida it was signature fitness strongman.

TLG
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
yeah exactly.

I'm glad weech is doing it in July.

The last time talked to weech he said he was making his own circus DB... so

I would like to see a press medley with that. Or an axle c&p each.
something I have seen in a long time. A heavy DL for reps.
medley or something or farmers for distance
some time type of carry, like conan's or husafel stone or something
stones

robert da strongman
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
yeah exactly.

I'm glad weech is doing it in July.

The last time talked to weech he said he was making his own circus DB... so

I would like to see a press medley with that. Or an axle c&p each.
something I have seen in a long time. A heavy DL for reps.
medley or something or farmers for distance
some time type of carry, like conan's or husafel stone or something
stones

NO AXLE!!! that thing has kicked my ass the last 2 years. d'bell c&p would be cool though

i liked the dl from last year.

there was supposed to be a conans last year. would love to do one again.

one thing really nice is that the comp will be at night. the venue is will be perfect for it.

TLG
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
so he is doing the night show? That definitely sounds good.

i wouldn't mind doing another max pull...

robert da strongman
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
yup start time is 6pm

Bryan Hildebrand
03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
and I will be there covering the events as they unfold! Play by play, interviews, footage... looking forward to being there...

TLG
03-14-2011, 04:40 PM
yup start time is 6pm

sounds good! I always hated waking up early

TLG
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
and I will be there covering the events as they unfold! Play by play, interviews, footage... looking forward to being there...

at which one? we sort of side tracked the conversation...

Bryan Hildebrand
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
ys, I skipped the posts until the end...

I will be at the Europa.

robert da strongman
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM

sweet!

sounds good! I always hated waking up early

i know! can actually sleep in...

at which one? we sort of side tracked the conversation...

yes we derailed this thread

TLG
03-14-2011, 07:12 PM
yes we derailed this thread
should just start a new thread for the REAL Central Florida's Strongest Man.

robert da strongman
03-14-2011, 07:40 PM
should just start a new thread for the REAL Central Florida's Strongest Man.

as soon as Scott post the info...i also sent him a message on FB hoping we can do a write up and interview

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
events for the 4th Annual Central Florida Strongest Man in Lakeland July 16....

Press Medley
Yoke and Farmers Med.
Arm over Arm Truck pull
Odd object med.
Stone over the bar

TLG
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
no deadlift...... i say drop the odd object medley, since it will most likely just be a keg and something else, and do 605 raw for reps....

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
going to have to argue that with Scott.

deadlifts take a long time as far as events go. and considering thus show starts at 6pm he probably wants to get done fast.

TLG
03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah I sent him an email, asking if I could enter for free, lol

but dead for reps can go fast. set the weight, go through a divsion, bam bam bam, and your done. truck pull will have to reset the truck each time, and yoke and farmers has to be reset if people only do have distance....

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 06:12 PM
haha free would be nice.

but deadlifts are not that impressive to the crowd. now if it was an 18" dead maybe...

TLG
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't know about that... the most I have ever see a crowd get involved were during max deadlifts. In ft peirce they all crowded around us yelling and cheering and didn't even get half as close during the other events. When I pulled the axle in lakeland, everyone was standing there watching. during stones... ghost town.

IMO. timed events have to be the most boring for a crowd. All you see are guys doing the same distance, and there is never a clock or timer for the crowd to see the times live. So half the time you don't even know what is going on... But if the crowd and announcer are counting out reps, then everyone is involved.

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM
yeah but the deads have to be massive...lets face it some of us (me) can't deadlift for shit.
i always had great response to 18"/silver dollar deads. can easily have a pull over a grand on those.
also have to add...as competitors we should help ramp up the crowd and not bore them. but please never quote jon pall...

i think the crowd was kinda dead last year at lakeland. hopefully the rowdy drunk nighttime crowd will be more fun.

Bryan Hildebrand
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
fans can identify with lifting a half ton. they can put that into perspective. but when you have medleys, most of them are completely unidentifiable especially when there is no timing board for people to see.

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 07:24 PM
my favorites and ones that the crowd loves....

18" dl for max, conans wheel, tire flip, log press for reps, stones, and a truck pull

Bryan Hildebrand
03-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I think fans like things they can identify with: truck pull, max deads, max overhead press, conans wheel, farmers walk, husafelt stone, circus dumbbell... notice no melodies? I am a strength purist.

robert da strongman
03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I think fans like things they can identify with: truck pull, max deads, max overhead press, conans wheel, farmers walk, husafelt stone, circus dumbbell... notice no melodies? I am a strength purist.

medleys are overrated

TLG
03-16-2011, 12:19 AM
I think when I was younger and watched the WSM it was the fingal fingers, the barrels sliding down that thing into the cage and the guy either squatting or deadlifting, the big truck pulls or plane pulls, and stuff like that crazy wheel barrow race years and years ago. Where they picked up a log, an anvil, a stone, and I think a big block, and then had to run back and wheel the giant wheel barrow. That was crazy.

I think medleys can work, but they have to be in some type of context. Like every item was put into the barrow to be carried again and again. A press medley isn't bad because different objects are being pressed overhead and it was always cool to see who would get to that last log or whatever it was. But yeah, carrying a keg, then a sandbag, then flipping a tire.... always just seemed too clustered...

my vote for events that are fun to watch: Pillars of Hercules, Fingal's Fingers, Power Stairs, stuff for reps or who can get that last heaviest lift, big pulls, deadlifts with something other then plate weights: Hummer Tires, or STRAIGHT BAR car deadlift, weird object front carry (like the DING that was used in China years back) car walk/fridge carry, keg toss.

I think just based on random experience of just talking to random people and people who ask me what strongman is. A lot of times they describe an event that I listed. What are you going to throw a keg over your head? You pick up one of those big balls? pull a bus... carry a fridge....

So usually at that point of a conversation I have to just say yes or something along of the lines of that, because how can I explain that... no I pick up 300lbs in each hand, then carry it 60 feet, then push this, or carry that for 80 feet. Then I carry this for 60 feet, then pull a sled for 60 feet. Seems really boring to talk about, what about to watch???

robert da strongman
03-16-2011, 01:42 AM
few years back i did the snowman...was heavy...was insane...here are the events

tire flip medley 800x3, 1160, 1350---yes it was 6'6" tall
tire carry 700 30'---handles in the tire picked up and farmers walked it
stone press---chunks of limestone 150-290lbs, you picked three and pressed them
bavarian deadlift---on a platform, bar started at toes, weight was under platform, max!
odd object load---atlas stone, 2 limestone chunks, rubber tractor tire insert, tree trunk

Bryan Hildebrand
03-16-2011, 01:44 AM
thats brutal. really brutal.

robert da strongman
03-16-2011, 01:48 AM
it was the most fun i ever had competing. my heaviest too...260
it was a pro am...schoonveld, neese, pope, scrivens, beatty. and a bunch of insane ams.

Rich Gregg
03-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Randy did sell most of his SM equipment. I will be at his show showing some support because my sponsor Monster Energy will be there again. I will be competing in the APF single ply Nationals at the Europa also along with several other strongman competitors. Rob go get that money. Tim I'll see you at this years CFL Strongest Man. This year I'm rolling with the big boys HW or die.

TLG
03-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to get weech to add a deadlift. :D

but most likely I will be there...

robert da strongman
03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Randy did sell most of his SM equipment. I will be at his show showing some support because my sponsor Monster Energy will be there again. I will be competing in the APF single ply Nationals at the Europa also along with several other strongman competitors. Rob go get that money. Tim I'll see you at this years CFL Strongest Man. This year I'm rolling with the big boys HW or die.

i am passing on the $...got bigger things going on that weekend. will see you for an interview.

robert da strongman
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
events and weights for Central Florida Strongest Man July 16, 2011 in Lakeland Florida....

Press Medley
*60s Time limit*
Women and Lightweight Teen - 130 lb. axel, 150 lb. 9” log
LW Masters, Novice, Heavyweight Teen, and Lightweight Open – 240 lb. axel, 200 lb. 9” log, 225 lb. 12” log
Middleweight Open and Heavyweight Masters – 275 lb. axel, 225 lb. 9” log, 250 lb. 12” log
Heavyweight Open – 300 lb. axel, 250 lb. 9” log, 275 lb. 12” log
*Order will go 9” log, 12” log and then Axel, if you reach the axel it is for max reps in the remainder of your time.*

Yoke, Farmers Walk Medley – Fastest time on 120’ course
*No straps, Multiple drops allowed, no turns, 60 sec. time limit
Women and Lightweight Teens – 380 yoke, 160 lbs. per hand
LW Masters, Novice, Heavyweight teens, and Lightweight men – 550 yoke, 230 lbs. per hand
Middleweight men and Heavyweight Masters men – 625 yoke, 250 lbs. per hand
Heavyweight men – 700 yoke, 270 lbs. per hand
Athletes will take yoke 60’ and then bring the farmers back 60’

Duck Walk, 55 gallon drum carry, Prowler push Medley – Fastest time on 150’ course
*unlimited drops, 60 sec. time limit
Women and Lightweight Teens – 175, 2 -5 gallons water, 160 prowler
LW Masters, Novice, Heavyweight Teens, and Lightweight men – 225, 5 to 10 gallons, 250 prowler
Middleweight men and Heavyweight Masters men – 275, 10 to 12 gallons, 340 prowler
Heavyweight men – 325, 12 to 15 gallons, 430 prowler
*50’ each implament

Arm over Arm Truck pull
Athletes will be seated on the ground with their feet braced against a solid object, and they will pull the truck arm over arm. 2 ½ inch rope will be used.
Truck tbd.
60s Time limit, 80’
Women and Lightweight Teens –
LW Masters, Novice, Heavyweight Teens, and Lightweight men –
Middleweight men and Heavyweight Masters men –
Heavyweight men –

Stone Load over the bar. 50”
60s Time limit, Tacky is ok except on the keg
Women and Lightweight Teens – 160 keg to a 48” platform.
LW Masters, Novice, Heavyweight Teen and Lightweight men – 242
Middleweight men and Heavyweight Masters men – 264
Heavyweight men – 325

http://nastrongman.com/cfsm2011.pdf

TLG
03-22-2011, 12:29 AM
rofl I hope he re sends that entry in... it says 3rd annual.... Events look good, I gues I don't get a deadlift. It also sucks the bar is only 50" on the stone....

hey you think by gallons he means water? sloshing around drum carry, that should be exciting.

robert da strongman
03-22-2011, 07:15 AM
i would guess it is water...

rickiii
03-27-2011, 10:08 AM
In ft peirce they all crowded around us yelling and cheering and didn't even get half as close during the other events. When I pulled the axle in lakeland, everyone was standing there watching. during stones... ghost town.

Part of the issue was that the spectators were allowed to crowd the competitors. That made it nearly impossible for other spectators to see, and some of them ended up leaving.

I asked the announcer a few times to have people step back. He seemed to be drawn into the frenzy, and the crowd remained.

IMO... it was a dangerous mess.

Spectators need to be able to see the event if they are going to cheer people on

Okay, that was my morning bitch session. Back to working on pics from yesterdays event ;-)

TLG
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Part of the issue was that the spectators were allowed to crowd the competitors. That made it nearly impossible for other spectators to see, and some of them ended up leaving.

I asked the announcer a few times to have people step back. He seemed to be drawn into the frenzy, and the crowd remained.

IMO... it was a dangerous mess.

Spectators need to be able to see the event if they are going to cheer people on

Okay, that was my morning bitch session. Back to working on pics from yesterdays event ;-)

yeah from that point you are right. Yet, standing 2 feet from Orlando as he broke the national LW record was really enjoyable, and I'm glad I wasn't across the parking lot when it happened...

rickiii
03-27-2011, 02:23 PM
yeah from that point you are right. Yet, standing 2 feet from Orlando as he broke the national LW record was really enjoyable, and I'm glad I wasn't across the parking lot when it happened...

Glad you mentioned that specific item. A record was broken, and..... I wasn't event able to get pics of it. To be honest, the crowding around the competitors was so bad, I gave up and was inside getting something to eat. When Dionne and Orlando asked for some pics of him breaking the record, I had to tell them what happened. Felt bad, but there really wasn't anything I could do. Eventually, the crowd backed off, and I was able to get some more pics.

A few good setups I have seen are the Europa, and Scott's (the real) Central Florida Strongman last year. There was yellow rope that spectators were supposed to stay behind.

rickiii
03-27-2011, 02:25 PM

ohhhh... one other thing.

How safe is it to have so many people standing that close during these events?

lol.. okay, finished my second bitch session of the day!

TLG
03-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow you got me on both points....

At the CFSM in lakeland last year during the max axle deadlift, were you able to get good pics? If so, I think that is the happy medium, because I remember a lot of people were starting to crowd then, but there was some room.

as far as safety, I think deadlift is really the only thing that people can be sort of close, becuase it isn't like the bar is going to drop and bounce and hit someone, maybe roll towards them... but all other events... you are right, get out of the way.

rickiii
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow you got me on both points....

At the CFSM in lakeland last year during the max axle deadlift, were you able to get good pics? If so, I think that is the happy medium, because I remember a lot of people were starting to crowd then, but there was some room.

as far as safety, I think deadlift is really the only thing that people can be sort of close, becuase it isn't like the bar is going to drop and bounce and hit someone, maybe roll towards them... but all other events... you are right, get out of the way.

If I remember, there was a time during the deadlift where I eventually gave up because people started to crowd. Yup, a few days after that contest someone asked why I never seem to get any pics of them deadlifting. Once again, I was crowded, so I went inside to get some food.

It is funny to watch how one person gets in front, and then another person gets in front of them, and then the person in the back has to move up front.

I agree that the deadlift allows people to get close without being too much of a safety risk, but... you never know what can happen. I could be taking a pic, someone can bump into me, and I fall right below the weights. CRUSH!

There are times when I am at risk, but I am in control of my risk. If there is someones family member bumping into me.... screw it... I am not willing to take that risk.

Ohhhh... how about axle press (with tires) at the Clearwater event. Some competitors dropped it, and shit..... that friggen thing was bouncing all over the place. Very dangerous for anyone to be within 10 feet of that thing

Sure.... you were just trying to see if you could get me to do a third bitch session of the day!

TLG
03-28-2011, 12:41 AM
If I remember, there was a time during the deadlift where I eventually gave up because people started to crowd. Yup, a few days after that contest someone asked why I never seem to get any pics of them deadlifting. Once again, I was crowded, so I went inside to get some food.

It is funny to watch how one person gets in front, and then another person gets in front of them, and then the person in the back has to move up front.

I agree that the deadlift allows people to get close without being too much of a safety risk, but... you never know what can happen. I could be taking a pic, someone can bump into me, and I fall right below the weights. CRUSH!

There are times when I am at risk, but I am in control of my risk. If there is someones family member bumping into me.... screw it... I am not willing to take that risk.

Ohhhh... how about axle press (with tires) at the Clearwater event. Some competitors dropped it, and shit..... that friggen thing was bouncing all over the place. Very dangerous for anyone to be within 10 feet of that thing

Sure.... you were just trying to see if you could get me to do a third bitch session of the day!

I could imagine pulling 700+ and you get bumped and end up bumping into me. That would be total chaos.

I wasn't at the clearwater comp, but even in lakeland with bumper plates 300lbs came down with force and it bounced pretty far forward.

My only true fear of safety during these comps, is in a moving event, like farmers or yoke, or carrying a keg, that some kid wonders out and gets in the way of some 300lb guy carrying 700lbs on his back....

So yeah I'm all for it man, rope everything off, and stand back, allow the timer/judge and you to be within the confines and thats it, especially no other athletes, walking down next to the guy, holding all their chalk and caps, and towels, and extra belts, or whatever those guys are doing.

rickiii
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I could imagine pulling 700+ and you get bumped and end up bumping into me. That would be total chaos.

I wasn't at the clearwater comp, but even in lakeland with bumper plates 300lbs came down with force and it bounced pretty far forward.

My only true fear of safety during these comps, is in a moving event, like farmers or yoke, or carrying a keg, that some kid wonders out and gets in the way of some 300lb guy carrying 700lbs on his back....

So yeah I'm all for it man, rope everything off, and stand back, allow the timer/judge and you to be within the confines and thats it, especially no other athletes, walking down next to the guy, holding all their chalk and caps, and towels, and extra belts, or whatever those guys are doing.

I have seen some of those little kids stroll close by the competitor, saying "Daddy". In that case, it is the other parent that should be watching the kid.

Okay, now on another side of it. I don't want it to be so strict that I cant get in for pics. The timer/judge, and Rick. Yup, that would do it!

rickiii
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Getting back to the original side of things, is anyone from here signed up to compete at this event?

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Getting back to the original side of things, is anyone from here signed up to compete at this event?

hell no!

he actually dropped the prize money in half and just added the event weights last week. also there will be random testing...the weights are a joke!!

rickiii
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
6. Squat your ASS off. Max rep wins. NO time limit.

Lightweight – 150/Middleweight – 200/Heavyweight – 250/Super heavyweight – 300/Women – 135

-------------------

"No time limit"

So, I would fall into the heavyweight, and it is a 250 squat. Huh.... doesnt seem right

rickiii
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Dropping the prize money in half doesn't look good.

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
6. Squat your ASS off. Max rep wins. NO time limit.

Lightweight – 150/Middleweight – 200/Heavyweight – 250/Super heavyweight – 300/Women – 135

-------------------

"No time limit"

So, I would fall into the heavyweight, and it is a 250 squat. Huh.... doesnt seem right

yeah would be an easy one to steal...i have done 475 for 20

rickiii
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Did he release a list of competitors yet?

TLG
04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
lol at 300 squat for reps no time limit?

wraps? suit? how deep?

I was squatting 300+ for 20+ years ago.

but speaking of the real CFSM, I hope everyones training is going good, I know I have been killing it.

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Did he release a list of competitors yet?

no..probably won't ever see one

rickiii
04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
no..probably won't ever see one

Are you going to compete in this one?

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Are you going to compete in this one?

:no:

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Brandon and Rich are pushing me to enter it as my first comp.

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Brandon and Rich are pushing me to enter it as my first comp.

lakeland or orlando?

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
lakeland or orlando?

Was planning on Lakeland being the first, but Orlando would give me some experience before Lakeland

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:14 PM
then do it....but please diet down for lightweight in lakeland

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
then do it....but please diet down for lightweight in lakeland

huh?

Lakeland Masters Lightweight < 230

I am already at 228

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
huh?

Lakeland Masters Lightweight < 230

I am already at 228

oh goody...

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
oh goody...

What will you be entering in as?

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:24 PM
What will you be entering in as?

heavy master and open middle...unless i drop weight and do light masters

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:27 PM
heavy master and open middle...unless i drop weight and do light masters

I vote for you staying above light masters

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I vote for you staying above light masters

yeah i don't want to torture friends and family with my dieting

rickiii
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
yeah i don't want to torture friends and family with my dieting

makes my life easier

robert da strongman
04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
makes my life easier

haha...i do like the lighter events though

TLG
04-08-2011, 12:49 AM
dieting for strongman? what is that like?

rickiii
04-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Hey, if you can be at the top of a lower weight class by dropping 15-20 pounds...why not!

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM

it is fun, just ask my friends...

Hey, if you can be at the top of a lower weight class by dropping 15-20 pounds...why not!

amen! but it is fun to be the lightest guy and beat some of these chubby fuckers.

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
At this point, if I enter, as a Heavy I will be up against.... at least one person.

Wonder if they are going to get rid of the different weight classes.

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:20 AM
At this point, if I enter, as a Heavy I will be up against.... at least one person.

Wonder if they are going to get rid of the different weight classes.

you talking about the orlando show?

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:24 AM
you talking about the orlando show?

Yup

Since the prizes have already been slashed, and supposedly there is only one actual person signed up so far, then I am wondering if the weight classes will change

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
oh god that makes me want to sign up and do it!

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
The "online signup" still has the prizes at $500

So, I am wondering, if that is on the page when you sign up, is that the prize you would get?

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:33 AM
don't know...the page on signature's website says 250.

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
http://trophysportsorlando.leag1.com/Registration/

3rd Annual Signature Fitness
Central Floridas Strongest
***Registration cost includes enrollment in the FNSA***
(Florida Natural Strongman Association)

COST: $85 (Includes enrollment in the FNSA)
PROMOTER: Signature Fitness and Metro Trophy
DATE: April 29-30
START TIME: TBA
WEIGH-INS: TBA
RULES: TBA

WEIGHT CLASSES:

Lightweight Men under 200
Heavyweight Men 201 and up
Womens open
Team (2 people) weight class combined weight

Light weight up to 380lbs. Heavy weight 381 and up
AWARDS:

1st Place Team Division $500.00 and supplements.
1st Place Lightweight $500 and supplements.
1st Place Heavyweight Divisions $500.00 each and supplements.
1st Place Womens $500 and supplements
Sculpted Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 in each division.
Medals for all places

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:36 AM
and then we have.....: http://signaturefitness.com/3rd-annual-central-florida-strongman/

WEIGHT CLASSES:

Lightweight Men up to 150
Middleweight Men 151 – 199
Heavyweight Men 200 and up
Super heavy weight 250 and up
Womens open
Team (2 people) weight class combined weight – Lightweight up to 400lbs, Heavyweight 401 and up

Awards:

1st Place Team Division $250.00 and supplements.
1st Place Lightweight $250 and supplements.
1st Place Middleweight $250.00 each and supplements.
1st Place Heavyweight $250.00 and supplements.
1st Place Womens $400 and supplements
Sculpted Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 in each division.
Medals for all places and t-shirts

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
yup...but the signature page changed to $250 after Randy posted the weights for the events

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
That was from the two co-promoters websites.

rickiii
04-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Has me wondering which site is correct. They are both co-promoters, but the information on the sites is very different.

robert da strongman
04-08-2011, 11:49 AM
honestly i would be very wary about doing it.

rickiii
04-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I hear ya

Probably wait to see if there are any more changes, then decide. Could even be a last minute thing.

TLG
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
The women get $400? I'll enter my girlfriend in.. just to make more then the men. LOL

Rick you where at his 2nd bi-annual show. So you have to remember slightly how uncoordinated it got at times.

So like I said earlier, I still doubt he has tested all of these events, or has checked the space at the convention center.

rickiii
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
The women get $400? I'll enter my girlfriend in.. just to make more then the men. LOL

Rick you where at his 2nd bi-annual show. So you have to remember slightly how uncoordinated it got at times.

So like I said earlier, I still doubt he has tested all of these events, or has checked the space at the convention center.

Shit... the women get $400. If your wife enters, she may be the only one!

I remember hearing Brittany Spears play before the show even started. I asked the DJ to please put on something else. He said it wasnt my call, so I let it go.

Yes, I also remember all sorts of things changing, and eventually I headed home because it was just going way to late

TLG
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Shit... the women get $400. If your wife enters, she may be the only one!

I remember hearing Brittany Spears play before the show even started. I asked the DJ to please put on something else. He said it wasnt my call, so I let it go.

Yes, I also remember all sorts of things changing, and eventually I headed home because it was just going way to late

yeah I think I showed up at 9, and was there until probably 7 or later.

but the music was good to dance too. lol

rickiii
04-23-2011, 12:33 PM
The following was posted at the Signature Fitness website on April 19th:

The show is on the 29th and 30th of april, it will run like this you can show up and sign up for all events or just the one you want to do we will offer a cash prize for the winner of each event. We are doing it like this because we didnot have enough athletes in each class to run a full show.

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 01:16 PM
The following was posted at the Signature Fitness website on April 19th:

The show is on the 29th and 30th of april, it will run like this you can show up and sign up for all events or just the one you want to do we will offer a cash prize for the winner of each event. We are doing it like this because we didnot have enough athletes in each class to run a full show.

haha..maybe i should do this and take his money

rickiii
04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
haha..maybe i should do this and take his money

Wonder what the "per event" cash will be. I also wonder if he is going to make it just an "open" show.

Shit, if nobody else enters an event, why not just do it for the cash!

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 02:21 PM
that's my thought Rick...

TLG
04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I wonder how that is going to go.... LOL

total confusion. 1 guy entering one event, no one entering the next...

I said earlier in this post things would get changed and moved around, but come and do whatever you want.... i never guessed that.

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I wonder how that is going to go.... LOL

total confusion. 1 guy entering one event, no one entering the next...

I said earlier in this post things would get changed and moved around, but come and do whatever you want.... i never guessed that.

will be interesting to watch. next time Randy should sanction it with NAS. at least he would have competitors

rickiii
04-23-2011, 02:30 PM
lol... we could just walk around, watch a few other things, and stop by once in awhile to see what the next event is and who signed up.

I wonder what the cost is to reserve the space for the event. He must be loosing money on this.

rickiii
04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
will be interesting to watch. next time Randy should sanction it with NAS. at least he would have competitors

Still have to wonder about the music, planning, ........

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
lol... we could just walk around, watch a few other things, and stop by once in awhile to see what the next event is and who signed up.

I wonder what the cost is to reserve the space for the event. He must be loosing money on this.

that is a good plan. even though his checkbook will hurt i bet his ego will hurt more.

Still have to wonder about the music, planning, ........

you would hope he learned from that

rickiii
04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I need to check what time the Powerlifting starts.

Was going to cover some of the PL for pics, and then check out what this strongman/crossfit/???? show is all about, and possibly take some pics. Doesnt look like there will be much for pics.

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I need to check what time the Powerlifting starts.

Was going to cover some of the PL for pics, and then check out what this strongman/crossfit/???? show is all about, and possibly take some pics. Doesnt look like there will be much for pics.

i am there all weekend, RX will have coverage.

rickiii
04-23-2011, 02:53 PM
i am there all weekend, RX will have coverage.

Friday and Saturday?

I was planning on heading over for Friday, but now that I know the ticket price... I may just head over on Saturday.

TLG
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
i only live about 25 mins from there, I was going to take next week off, but i could possibly deadlift... I wonder if I would have to still joint he nsa.

gas, parking, entry fee, nsa, food, etc. vs. event winnings... I don't think I would even break even.

robert da strongman
04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Friday and Saturday?

I was planning on heading over for Friday, but now that I know the ticket price... I may just head over on Saturday.

yup...press pass.

rickiii
04-23-2011, 05:59 PM
yup...press pass.

One of these days.... I will have access to a press pass again