PDA

View Full Version : What influenced you?

Scout200
03-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Several people have a story as to what influenced them to change their lifestyle to becoming a bodybuilder or just overall, healthy. What was your inspiration to change your lifestyle to what it is today?

NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I am in this industry for other people more than myself.

Growin24/7
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Watching Pumping Iron over and over as a kid with my brother, reading about bber's, watching training clips or lifestyle videos on them for hours and hours till 3-4 am...and the feeling you get after a workout is just unreal imo...the pump is one of those things you cannot really describe to be honest!

I am hooked and I am only 20 lol

fatbackgoal
03-10-2011, 06:32 AM
I had a blood clot in my leg when I was 38 and decided I had to change things before it was to late for my kids.

Wetdawg
03-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I was on the beach with my girl when some guy kicked sand in my face.

Scout200
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I had a blood clot in my leg when I was 38 and decided I had to change things before it was to late for my kids.

Wow, that's awesome!

Dustyroy25
03-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I am scared of getting fat. I mean it runs in my family not really complete obesity but they sure aren't skinny and I am just 26 and I want to be able to play with my kids without getting worn out.

I just recently quit using tobacco and I feel better but when you quit something like that you start to gain weight (I quit smoking and dipping)

Sieve
03-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I just wanted to be competitive in a sport where im good at.

SwoleChamp
03-24-2011, 05:14 PM
<----------my Avatar!

Lan02
05-26-2011, 05:49 AM
I stacked on fat from my late 20's to the point where I was borderline morbidly obese. 18 months ago my 14 year old nephew started going to the gym developed a "muscular athletic" frame. Talking to him and stuff made me get up off my a*** and get active. Bought a dog, a bike and set up a home gym. Over the last 10 months I've lost a shed load of weight, developed some muscular definition and changed my lifestyle completely. Lots of things motivate me including RX podcasts but that was the start of it.

DieselXT
05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
SWOLECHAMP LOL love ya man....

well since i was a little kid i used to get made fun of being called fat and shit and then i went to highschool started playing football got in shape had a bunch of friends all my friends liked the progress i was making and weer jelous lol.......but what i really enjoyed was the satisfaction seeing on my smaller bros' faces lol they liked seeing the muscles lol.....my youngest bro used to go to the gym with me and just be there with me while i was lifting he liked it lol.......but recently almost 3 years now he passed away he was 10 he was in a car accident and went through the windshield and unfortuantly died in my dads arms.....this got me depressed and fucked up my body....led me to drink and smoke hard.....but now i have to get back to trainig hard and build my body so my lil bro in heaven will be proud lol......thanks to swole whose helping me out lol

BigJD69
05-27-2011, 12:10 PM
My Uncle's and my sister's bf. My Uncle's had built physiques and I wanted to look like them. My sister's bf was a Comp BBer. His last show he entered he was beat by Mike Ashley for the overall, this was when Ashley was up and coming.

AggressoR
05-27-2011, 03:23 PM
The Average male is 5'10" 170 lbs. Needless to say , I dont want to be average.

crazyndn
06-09-2011, 06:59 PM
I went to the park with my boys last summer and they wore me out. Next day ass was hurtin and entire lower half damn near paralyzed lol. I remembered wrestling with my dad oncw when I was seventeen and I was in shape then I could not keep him down. I wanna be the same with my kids. I've chamged the way I do everything I live now instead of just slobbing my way through life.

Curt James
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I was on the beach with my girl when some guy kicked sand in my face.

lulz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/BodySpace/atlas.jpg

Several people have a story as to what influenced them to change their lifestyle to becoming a bodybuilder or just overall, healthy. What was your inspiration to change your lifestyle to what it is today?

I'm just a less than average joe mucking around in the gym, but this cover definitely served as inspiration for a teenager becoming interested in the weights. :beerbang:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/BodySpace/jun78.jpg

jimmy jones
06-17-2011, 12:08 PM
My bad habits were getting out of control .
1. I was eating crap
2. drinking too much.
that was 3 years ago and I feel alot better.