PDA

View Full Version : journey to the big me

bigjon
03-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Whats up guys and gals? Ive been on here for a long time and i was making progress last year and i got burnt out and took about 6 months off. That made me loose all my gains and i just started feeling skinny again. Well guess what.... im back. Im hungry to get some size on me. Im almost back up to my weight i was at(170) but not there yet. Im gonna do a huge bulk and see if i can reach around 210-220 by august. I kno i can do this. Ive been gaining 2-3lbs a week and it been lean weight. Ill post my workouts and what ive been eating and how i feel or pretty much anything i feel like posting. But for now here is a pic of two of my progress and where im starting at today. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
the pics were taken last week at spring break in panama city fl

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac184/jonathanshaile/188352_1353124144410_1120590917_31538852_2746079_n .jpg

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac184/jonathanshaile/200346_1353123544395_1120590917_31538846_3331539_n .jpg

comparison of me and my friend Daniel, he posts on here too but idk his username

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac184/jonathanshaile/184750_1353123744400_1120590917_31538848_417208_n. jpg

Saying of the day! "Being tall sucks"

bigjon
03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
just did chest today
Db bench, got up to 90s
incline bb, went up to a plate, great pump
DB decline flys
cable flys
a few dips cus my tris were destroyed

chest is feeling good ready to eat my two pizzas for a cheat meal

sups im takin today
humapro
Russian bear 5000
Myofusion
Russian bear Vitamin Pack
Creatine
Food

SwoleChamp
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
im n for da ride man

bigjon
03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
im n for da ride man

better hold on for the ride

Just got done eating my cheat meal, two pizzas, like 1500 calories! delicious, now im headed to work and ill have a shake during my shift and eat when i get back. Also this bulk im going all out. Lots of water, eat whatever i want, also not gonna shave my body at all for a whole two months if i can handle that.

bigjon
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
day two up in this bisch

chest is feeling pretty damn sore which is great, had a great pump that lasted the whole day, im currently eating my second meal,
Meal 1: Mass Shake
MEal 2: 1 cup oats, 5 eggs with cheese, brown sugar bacon
Meal 3: 2 pb&j sandwichs with a scoop of myofusion

Preworkout: humapro and creatine

MEal 4: 2 pizzas with added cheese

training back today, should be good, cept i cant out much weight at all on my right foot, i have no clue whats wrong iwth it, im gonna go to the trainer at the gym and see if they can tell me anything, oh also i work at a gym! ha, i typically lift after my shifts there just depends on the day

cheers

SwoleChamp
03-15-2011, 11:47 AM
hey man start adding in at least 50g carbs with ur post humapro shake. id use at least 25g simple carbs and the rest complex

bigjon
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
hey man start adding in at least 50g carbs with ur post humapro shake. id use at least 25g simple carbs and the rest complex

thats what the pizza is for

just got back from the gym, had a good back workout, great pump

Wide Ass lat pulldowns
straight bar cable rows overhand grip
one arm db rows
tbar machine
underhand lat pull downs
shrugs
bb curls

after chest and back i always do a mass builder for either tris or bis, then they have thier own day so trying to get as much growth as possible cus i have long limbs to fill out

SwoleChamp
03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
u need the quick carbs immediately post workout. not after u get home and cook them...

bigjon
03-16-2011, 10:40 AM
u need the quick carbs immediately post workout. not after u get home and cook them...

aight then, ill start adding it in,

So today feeling like shit, yesterday after my workout i came home ate my pizza and fell asleep till 12, woke up had a shake with some hamburger helper and went back to sleep, seems like im always tired ever since coming back from the beach. This morning so far ive had, a cut of oats, and two scoops of myfusion and my vitamin pack. I kno i wouldnt be able to keep the eggs and bacon down, appetite is shot at the moment and it sucks. Hopefully will gain it back today

Also its leg day and i cant put much pressure on my right foot. So It wont be a crazy workout just something simple. ill let yall kno how it goes

SwoleChamp
03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
aight then, ill start adding it in,

So today feeling like shit, yesterday after my workout i came home ate my pizza and fell asleep till 12, woke up had a shake with some hamburger helper and went back to sleep, seems like im always tired ever since coming back from the beach. This morning so far ive had, a cut of oats, and two scoops of myfusion and my vitamin pack. I kno i wouldnt be able to keep the eggs and bacon down, appetite is shot at the moment and it sucks. Hopefully will gain it back today

Also its leg day and i cant put much pressure on my right foot. So It wont be a crazy workout just something simple. ill let yall kno how it goes

good luck with the foot, u need a bottle of engorge...appetite stimulator

bigjon
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
engorge or n gorge?

foot was good to lift with today, had a great leg workout, its gonna be painful walking at work. Ive decided to go with the no shaving thing to keep my body under wraps for the two months, no wife beaters, just big shirts. MY body is feeling good, starting to look better everyday, maybe i wont be able to see my abs soon? thatd be cool with me, i dont care.

SwoleChamp
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
engorge by zero limits...

bigjon
03-17-2011, 04:39 PM
ahhh

what up guys, not sure if i posted about my leg workout but it was good, legs def sore, more of my hams r sore than quads but its all good. Just got back from my shoulder workout. It was great. REally pumped and high intensity throughout. Past two days ive added the 50 gs of carbs with my post workout shake. Hopefully they will help. About to eat my two pizza cheat meal soon. Cheers

SwoleChamp
03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
ahhh

what up guys, not sure if i posted about my leg workout but it was good, legs def sore, more of my hams r sore than quads but its all good. Just got back from my shoulder workout. It was great. REally pumped and high intensity throughout. Past two days ive added the 50 gs of carbs with my post workout shake. Hopefully they will help. About to eat my two pizza cheat meal soon. Cheers

good. keep the pwo carbs in, youll c the gains

True Iron Chick
03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I've been a string bean my entire life, until couple years ago I started hitting the weights harder and really getting into the whole competitive lifestyle..
When I eat fast food I loose weight, so I have to eat healthy all the time or I drop pounds in no time,Total freak of nature.. but I looked at your pics and I know exactly how you feel... It took me 5 years to get up to 130 from 104! Someone called me chubby in the other thread, which made my day! lol

bigjon
03-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I've been a string bean my entire life, until couple years ago I started hitting the weights harder and really getting into the whole competitive lifestyle..
When I eat fast food I loose weight, so I have to eat healthy all the time or I drop pounds in no time,Total freak of nature.. but I looked at your pics and I know exactly how you feel... It took me 5 years to get up to 130 from 104! Someone called me chubby in the other thread, which made my day! lol

ha yea, just like fat ppl hate being called fat, skinny ppl hate being called skinny

Today has been good, had a great workout arms were super pumped and it was incredible! eatin my pizza now of course. calories are still high, well everything is in high numbers ha, im weighing myself every week to see gains. Since jan ive been gaining 2-3lbs a week and hope to continue that but really buckle down and make sure it happens, maybe ill aim for a contest in oct?

SwoleChamp
03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
ha yea, just like fat ppl hate being called fat, skinny ppl hate being called skinny

Today has been good, had a great workout arms were super pumped and it was incredible! eatin my pizza now of course. calories are still high, well everything is in high numbers ha, im weighing myself every week to see gains. Since jan ive been gaining 2-3lbs a week and hope to continue that but really buckle down and make sure it happens, maybe ill aim for a contest in oct?

may 14...victory in the valley....should just do it...dont diet...just show up, youll be lean still.

bigjon
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
may 14...victory in the valley....should just do it...dont diet...just show up, youll be lean still.

too soon, if i do a show i gotta feel prepared, and that's just too soon

bigjon
03-21-2011, 02:19 PM
so far so good, had a good back workout with SwoleChamp, he came down to Columbia and we hit the gym. Today has been good, i didn't wake up in time to eat so i grabbed a shake and went to class, i ate hardly any food so far today but just got back from a great chest workout.

Got some new supplements, Isomass gainer, n'gage, and some more myofusion.

Also since last week im up 3lbs to 168.6!!! finally getting back to where i was last year, feels good man :yep:

SwoleChamp
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
bout time you got back up there lol...

no pizza today man?
how did the pre exhaust go?

bigjon
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
bout time you got back up there lol...

no pizza today man?
how did the pre exhaust go?

of course i had my pizza!
and yea i tried the pre exhaust while doin chest, did rope tri extensions, i did pretty heavy weight for them and felt them tired after, but i couldnt really tell when i did smith machine bench, and when i did db incline my tris gave out when doing 80s

bigjon
03-22-2011, 10:54 AM
good day so far, woke up had my humapro, grabbed a mass shake before i left for class, now im back and eating

1 cup cooked brown rice with
5 eggs and Pepper Jack cheese, delicious!

my brother will be down here to train some legs, might be able to get a leg video out of it so we will see

SwoleChamp
03-22-2011, 11:42 AM
good get those calories...
look in my log and use my leg workout from yesterday...it was killer...bout fell out a few times and the floor was spinning lol...
little to no rest between sets...

be sure and get a vid...u can send it to me and ill edit it to for u if u need...

SwoleChamp
03-23-2011, 11:16 PM
u slackin off today or what?

SwoleChamp
03-25-2011, 11:20 AM
where you been at bro?
how did the leg workout go?

bigjon
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
sorry guys been real busy, and the leg workout was alright, my brother didnt even make it to lift that bastard and kinda messed up my leg day. but whatever

weighing in today at 170, kinda dissapointed cus i wanted to be more. eating my fourth meal right now

1 cup Brown Rice
5 eggs
Pepperjack cheese

this week im taking the pizza out of my diet and replacing it with the above meal to see what it does, i gotta get back on my meals, this weekend killed me. Lots of partying and little food!
But on a good note, the school bodybuilding show will be this saturday! I plan on attending and also am helping throw a big party saturday after the comp! Should be good. Trying to stay clean when eating also and see how my body reacts.

cheers

SwoleChamp
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM
good get those calories in and keep pounding away...continue to eat when ur not even hungry bro!

Dadup
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
keep up the good work man, and like Swole said, keep shovelin in the calories, the size will come!

bigjon
03-29-2011, 09:46 AM
keep up the good work man, and like Swole said, keep shovelin in the calories, the size will come!

yea i agree with yall, eating is 80% of it.

About to eat my first meal then head to work. Today is Back day, should be good. ill keep yall posted

bigjon
03-29-2011, 10:46 AM
so Mid Atlantic Classic 2011, Sept 24th Here I come!

SwoleChamp
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM

:beerbang:

you should look at the excalibur show too!

Mike Conley
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Good luck man. I can't wait till I compete. Will be awhile though

bigjon
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
whens excalibur? isnt that in charleston?

SwoleChamp
03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
yep

bigjon
03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
good workout today and yesterday

Yesterday was Back, here is the workout
Lat Pull down 4 sets
Underhand BB rows 3 sets
one arm cable rows
lat pull over to kill it
DB shrugs
then two sets of DB curls

Todays Brutal LEg Workout
Squats 4 sets, got up to 2 plates and a ten on each side
One legged seated leg curls
One legged seated leg extensions
Leg press thing not sure the name, concentrated of hams
True leg press one legged and it killed me
calf extensions

last night i had three different calf cramps, its the only place i get them, gotta get some more bananas!

My schools bodybuilding comp is this weekend and it should be good!

bigjon
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
yep

answer my question of when it is ho!

SwoleChamp
03-30-2011, 03:41 PM
answer my question of when it is ho!

u will be negged for this upon recharge...

end of august

bigjon
04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
u will be negged for this upon recharge...

end of august

good!

whats up guys? so this weekend kinda been off the diet, feel crappy right now, back to work tomorrow, gotta eat more than ever now to make up. not sure if ive gained any weight this past week or not. but gonna aim for at least 5k cals a day. also for the next two weeks gotta back off on training hard, gonna do lighter weight than normal but more reps and see how my body responds to that, questions or comments?

LIQUIDEX
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Are you considering AAS???

depending on your age, AAS can do you miracles. By judging your body type, you look like an ecto.

Ecto's + Gear + Tons of Food + Heavy Training = Incredible

.................................................. .................................................. ..

If the above is not what your considering, then best of luck in your endeavor, but you may have to get acquainted with the concept of 'Patience'.

Fah-Q
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM

This will be my first show as well! See you there :yep:

Keep it up man, pound dem cals! I went from 126 to 200 just eating everything in sight, however now I'm dieting off the chub :(

SwoleChamp
04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
ill be there as well :yep:
might as well compete with my proteges(sp) lol

bigjon
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
ill be there as well :yep:
might as well compete with my proteges(sp) lol

So your gonna do this comp as well?

bigjon
04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Are you considering AAS???

depending on your age, AAS can do you miracles. By judging your body type, you look like an ecto.

Ecto's + Gear + Tons of Food + Heavy Training = Incredible

.................................................. .................................................. ..

If the above is not what your considering, then best of luck in your endeavor, but you may have to get acquainted with the concept of 'Patience'.

YEa im an ecto, it sucks. Ive considered PHs

SwoleChamp
04-06-2011, 02:28 PM
So your gonna do this comp as well?

yea buddy...plannin on it

bigjon
04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
had a decent chest workout with swolechamp today. I was looking forward to shoulders but we did chest. Home for the weekend so hopefully ill be able to eat a good bit. Ive been sick this past week but im up over 170 and should of gained this week when i weigh in on Monday. Im trying to get over 200 by august and its def gonna happen!

SwoleChamp
04-09-2011, 10:20 AM
yea buddy...eat!!!!!!

bigjon
04-09-2011, 05:28 PM
yea buddy...eat!!!!!!

hell yea im gonna eat! its gonna be the thing i do most often besides breathing

SwoleChamp
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
good^

bigjon
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
whats up guys? weighed in at 170 yesterday, feelsbadman.jpg Gotta get in the food this week. Im kinda broke right now so im waiting to get paid to get some more food, but today ive been eating eggs, rice, pizza, cheese, and pasta. and shakes as well, planning on gaining this week

I worked back last night, the intensity wasnt really there but today my back so super sore. i did chest today, and had a good pump, it was hurting on db bench cus my back was sore. Im really trying to build my inner chest, its lagging right now.

DB flys 4 sets
Incline Smith Machine 4 sets
DB bench 3 sets
Cable Flys 3 sets low, 2 sets high

Tomorrow is legs!

MiamiMadePunk
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
YEa im an ecto, it sucks. Ive considered PHs

whats up guys? weighed in at 170 yesterday, feelsbadman.jpg Gotta get in the food this week. Im kinda broke right now so im waiting to get paid to get some more food, but today ive been eating eggs, rice, pizza, cheese, and pasta. and shakes as well, planning on gaining this week

I worked back last night, the intensity wasnt really there but today my back so super sore. i did chest today, and had a good pump, it was hurting on db bench cus my back was sore. Im really trying to build my inner chest, its lagging right now.

DB flys 4 sets
Incline Smith Machine 4 sets
DB bench 3 sets
Cable Flys 3 sets low, 2 sets high

Tomorrow is legs!
You are going to show the amount of weights you lifted during each set right?, oh and how old are you since you want to take PH?

"Rodz"
04-13-2011, 12:02 AM
hell yea im gonna eat! its gonna be the thing i do most often besides breathing

Awesome, hows the bulk goin

SwoleChamp
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
got legs today too bro...kill it!

bigjon
04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
You are going to show the amount of weights you lifted during each set right?, oh and how old are you since you want to take PH?

Im 20, and ill try to start putting down the weights i do, i never write it down so if i can remember then ill post it. i use to keep a journal of what i did years ago but it never really did anything so i dont anymore. I remember what weight i can do and alot of time i go on how im feeling as well.

Awesome, hows the bulk goin

Its goin well, im up 20lbs since ive started, these past two weeks i havent been eating like i should and have been sick and this week i really am broke so there isnt much to eat. Once i get paid im gonna stock up and eat like crazy, trying to get ready for this contest hasnt been easy but no one said it would be.

got legs today too bro...kill it!

I didnt even lift today, my body needed a rest from hitting back and chest hard so im gonna do legs on saturday morning, probably have a couple guys train with me that havent lifted with me before and try to kill em, haha.

SwoleChamp
04-14-2011, 11:35 AM
:no: lol

bigjon
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry guys ive been keeping yall in the dark. Bulk is still rolling. I weighed in at 174.6 i believe. Gotta gain moar!!! Cals are around 4-6k any given day depending if how i feel. Today i feel like crap but got two new prs which i will reveal soon. yesterday i did chest and here was the workout. Im trying to focus more on my inner chest right now and even it out some and also workin on lower chest cus its just not there at the moment, its been neglected. I Also on a 7 day split now. I really wanna concentrate on each body part and not neglect it. Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome

Flat DB fly 30,35,45,50 12 reps or more, really squeezing my pecs
Decline DB Bench 50,60,70,80 10-12 reps each one, started feeling more in the triceps tho so i wasnt locking out at the end to really hit chest
Flat BB Bench 135x12, 165x10, 185x8, 205x5, last one was almost failure
High Cable Flys 25x15, 30x15, 25x12, 20x8, 15x8, last set was a drop set

Chest felt great, nice pump, its sore today and feels good

Today was Back day. havent had much to eat but at the start of the workout i felt decent but by the end i was crappy, i was farting and burping the whole time.

Deadlift 135x12, 225x10, 315x8, 365x1, the way i do deadlifts is i stack three 25lb plates on each side and dead lift off of that, going all the way down doesnt do anything for my back and it feels better this way
DB Rows 60x12, 70x12, 85x10, 100x10 new PR! ive done 115s before but not in a year
Lat Pulldown 135x12, 150x10, 165x8, 120x8, drop set
Cable Rope Rows, 120x12, 135x10, 135x8. Started to feel like crap so i just wanted to get out of the gym at this point, had a good pump, still do while typing this.

Tomorrw is Tris and im planning on killing it, i really wanna bring out my inner tris and just overall mass to them like all my other parts

bigjon
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
training is goin well, quads r sore from yesterday, today was shoulders and it was good, gotta get this diet back on track, veering off sucks. LETS GET ITT

SwoleChamp
04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
gooooood! keep killin it and keep eating....5 guys is your friend

Mike Conley
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah man keep killin it! Congrats on the new PRs. Question do you ever hit the lower end of the rep range because if so I have some tips for a tri workout or any other if ya wanna pm me.

bigjon
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah man keep killin it! Congrats on the new PRs. Question do you ever hit the lower end of the rep range because if so I have some tips for a tri workout or any other if ya wanna pm me.

i have tried it before, but alot of the time i just dont feel a burn or anything from doin it, thats y i keep my reps high so i can feel it, but feel free to share man, training is great diet still sucks, im done with exams and hopefully ill be able to get back on track!

SwoleChamp
05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
u need to!^ lol

bigjon
05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
u need to!^ lol

im workin on it, just waitin to figure out my schedule of workin over the summer

SwoleChamp
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
hey man hows training goin?