PDA

View Full Version : First Show in 15 Years (46)

mkris7
03-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I heard a lot of great things about this forum, so I thought it would be a good community to be apart of.

I turn 46 June 29th and plan to get back on stage for the first time in 16 years.
Due to personal problems I let myself go and got up to a FAT 250 (for me anything weight over 220 turns to pure fat) you will how disgusting I looked at 250. But lost the weight and went down to 205 as the photo will show. Slowly got up to 220 over the last two years and now I m ready to start my 16-17 week pre contest regiment.

Been training around a bad right knee and shoulder but I am getting the job done. Any advice or support will be greatly appreciated. I will be posting about once per week my regiment. And I am sure I will have a lot of questions regarding supplements *wink*, training and nutrition.

Thanks in Advance

mkris7
03-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Here is the two photos: The first one is a disgusting FAT 250. And the second is when I got down to 205. Gosh, the first photo still makes me CRINGE. I can't believe I did that too myself...Never again!!

GirlyMuscle
03-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Welcome to RX!

freebirdmac
03-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Welcome!

You've made some incredible progress! Lots of folks here with various injuries as well. Check the stickies. There's one in particular that should be of use for supplement help :) This place is not like the other site. You are allowed to openly talk about the stuff.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Bad right knee and shoulder qualifies you for a front row seat. Welcome.

Baldie

Hammerfit
03-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Bad right knee and shoulder qualifies you for a front row seat. Welcome.

Baldie

Welcome to the madness. Like Bill says, You should fit right in here."

BigJD69
03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome brother!!! I think it's GREAT that you are gonna compete again... GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!!!

joedemarco
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Welcome and Good Luck!

mkris7
03-16-2011, 02:53 AM
I appreciate the support from everyone! Thank you. My friend was right this is the best Masters Forum on the net!!

mkris7
03-16-2011, 03:03 AM
The shows are verified. The San Jose on 7/9 and the Santa Cruz on 7/23..Man I got butterflies just thinking about it. (Got a lot of work to do)!

I no longer can squat, hacks or do lunges because of my knees but I can do a variety of leg presses (90 degree, vertical, and one legs). Still can go heavy on the presses.

I am concerned about bringing in my glutes and hamstrings tie ins come contest time. I know a lot of it is diet and cardio but I would like to know if anyone can give me any suggestions. As far as any other exercises I can do for legs (besides a variation of hamstring and extensions). I have few ideas on how to tweak some exercises.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

freebirdmac
03-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Maybe the glute guy can help http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

Romanian deadlifts without a doubt too.

Hammerfit
03-16-2011, 07:41 AM
The shows are verified. The San Jose on 7/9 and the Santa Cruz on 7/23..Man I got butterflies just thinking about it. (Got a lot of work to do)!

I no longer can squat, hacks or do lunges because of my knees but I can do a variety of leg presses (90 degree, vertical, and one legs). Still can go heavy on the presses.

I am concerned about bringing in my glutes and hamstrings tie ins come contest time. I know a lot of it is diet and cardio but I would like to know if anyone can give me any suggestions. As far as any other exercises I can do for legs (besides a variation of hamstring and extensions). I have few ideas on how to tweak some exercises.

Wide Stance Squats. Suicide Squats. Wide stance and high leg press. SLDL. Why are your knees keeping you from squatting?

mkris7
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Wide Stance Squats. Suicide Squats. Wide stance and high leg press. SLDL. Why are your knees keeping you from squatting?

I hurt my knee in 03 in a freak accident outside the gym. Real pressure on my knee when I go down at certain angles..Can still do the movements but it is at such a light weight it is embarrassing...will try your advice THANK YOU. Legs on Friday!!

Maybe the glute guy can help http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...the_glute_myth

Well do, thank you!!

GerryT
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Go for it, Kris. Great that you want to get back on stage again. You have done wonders already!

You should get in touch with Kevin Couch through this forum. Kevin won his class at Masters Nats over 40 after a long hiatus.

Best of luck.

mkris7
03-17-2011, 11:44 PM
GerrT

Yeah Kevin seems like a real good man. Thank you for the encouragement.

swingslammer
03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
A Good luck....B it is 2011, lose the fanny pak C I get something called "Synvinysc" shot in to my knees, I read about it in this forum. So far I am pain free and can squat for the first time in years. I am not sure about the way I spelled it but the generic name is Hylaronic acid....try googling that too.

D_T
03-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Never give up on the fanny pack. It will come back in another decade or so. I still have mine.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2011, 01:37 AM

About the knees. Had 3 Meniscus surgeries. I was to have knee replacements some 12 years ago. "WAS". I opted for the Synvisc shots then oral Hyaluronic acid. I train my legs very heavy with zero knee pain.

My age group is famous for saggy lose geezer skin little boy glutes and stringy ham strings. I REFUSE TO HIT THE STAGE LIKE THAT.

My fav glute ham tie in exercise is face down sumo squats on the hack squat machine. Gotta get your ass buried deep on the down and flexed like a mofo on the top. This morning I pushed up 4 wheels plus 2 25ers for six reps. Six sets.

Baldie

KevinCouch
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Awesome that you decided to compete after such a long layoff. I'm 44 now and I hadn't competed since the 1995 Junior Nationals and did the Master Nats last year. I had no idea what to expect but the bottom line is stick to what you did to build your physique years ago and you'll be fine. You do have to work around injuries at our age...I have knee problems like you as well as lower back problems. I hadn't done squats in 15 years. I had prolotherapy on my knees in November and it DID help some. You might want to look into it. I am able to squat again just not real heavy and I wrap knees with anything over my bodyweight.

Good luck with your prep and I'll be following your thread!

Hammerfit
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Awesome that you decided to compete after such a long layoff. I'm 44 now and I hadn't competed since the 1995 Junior Nationals and did the Master Nats last year. I had no idea what to expect but the bottom line is stick to what you did to build your physique years ago and you'll be fine. You do have to work around injuries at our age...I have knee problems like you as well as lower back problems. I hadn't done squats in 15 years. I had prolotherapy on my knees in November and it DID help some. You might want to look into it. I am able to squat again just not real heavy and I wrap knees with anything over my bodyweight.

Good luck with your prep and I'll be following your thread!

Exactly what Kev and Bill said, we all have bad knees. That's no reason not to squat. Use light weight and squat as low as possible. Better form trumps heavier weights all day long. Build your leg strength up gradually, add 5lbs to your WS until your form starts to break then back down 5lbs and try again. Heavy Squats are great but from a guy that has had 12 knee ops including replacement, 405 x 10 is much easier than 225x25. Not logical but it's a fact if you do them correctly. When you descend take you time I like 3-4 second negatives. We are here to help, let me know what I can do, I am very experienced with training around knee problems.

What I have my clients do who have issues with squatting low is to do sumo stance box squats. It will strengthen your hams and glutes which will help you a great deal with your squat form. Here is is a video from West Side BB Club. The master at teaching squat form. Also check out out videos of Shelby Starnes form and if he would video for us Joe D on this forum is our squat master.

Hammerfit
03-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Exactly what Kev and Bill said, we all have bad knees. That's no reason not to squat. Use light weight and squat as low as possible. Better form trumps heavier weights all day long. Build your leg strength up gradually, add 5lbs to your WS until your form starts to break then back down 5lbs and try again. Heavy Squats are great but from a guy that has had 12 knee ops including replacement, 405 x 10 is much easier than 225x25. Not logical but it's a fact if you do them correctly. When you descend take you time I like 3-4 second negatives. We are here to help, let me know what I can do, I am very experienced with training around knee problems.

What I have my clients do who have issues with squatting low is to do sumo stance box squats. It will strengthen your hams and glutes which will help you a great deal with your squat form. Here is is a video from West Side BB Club. The master at teaching squat form. Also check out out videos of Shelby Starnes form and if he would video for us Joe D on this forum is our squat master.

Here's some video of how to box squat and ShelbyY1NCWcZErqc

e9HloHClt2Q

Hammerfit
03-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Here's the best one from them

Ue_GrU4mhqc

mkris7
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Hammerfit

Thanks for the advice! Great Videos. Your awsome!

Kevin
Thanks for the support. Knee wraps with anything over bodyweight? Great advice! and I will check out that prolotherapy.

Baldiewonkanobi

Sounds like you had a serious workout! Great inspiration! Reverse Hacks? Forgot about them.

DT and Swingslamer

Old school all the way, the fanny pack will never die LOL! But the little itty bitty yellow
golds gym shorts are being laid to rest! LOL..Thanks for your support!!!

KevinCouch
03-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Hammerfit

Thanks for the advice! Great Videos. Your awsome!

Kevin
Thanks for the support. Knee wraps with anything over bodyweight? Great advice! and I will check out that prolotherapy.

Baldiewonkanobi

Sounds like you had a serious workout! Great inspiration! Reverse Hacks? Forgot about them.

DT and Swingslamer

Old school all the way, the fanny pack will never die LOL! But the little itty bitty yellow
golds gym shorts are being laid to rest! LOL..Thanks for your support!!!

Brings back old memories of the T-Michael shirts hanging off your shoulders with T style tank underneath, don't forget the pink and back tights with otomix shoes on. I have pics of me wearing that shit! I may post it on my thread for a good laugh:yep:

mkris7
03-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Kevin,

Don't forget slouch socks, Michael Christians Platinum Wear and the T-shirts that were cut into tank tops that the pros use to photo shoots in. But I still like to train in a good GOLDS Gym sweat shirt with the sleeves cut to mid forum---remember that? Old School!!! :)

Would love to see the pics! Man we had fun back in those days and don't forget that Supplements like THERMADRENE and VANADyle SULFATE were real popular pre-workout supplement:yep:

freebirdmac
03-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Dang. Gotta try me some sumo box squats! Thanks Mike!

mkris7
03-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Freebirdmac,

Thanks for the link!!! and all your support!

gymnut
03-23-2011, 01:06 AM
subscribed. Def gonna try those box squats. My knee feels like it's full of fluid lately. Not happy!

mkris7
03-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Great Shoulder work out! Great Pump, felt tight and strong. :)

Today:

Front Machine Shoulder Presses..4 Sets 10-15 Reps (Last set descending set, 10r, 10r, 8r, 5r)

Reverse Front Raises 4Sx10-15R

Dumbbell Shrugs 4s 10-12 Reps (Pyramid up to 120's hold on top of movement)

behind the neck Shrugs(cable machine) 3 sets 12-20r-SQUEEZE!

Side Laterals 6sx10-20R (Great Burn)

Dumbbell Rear Delt 5sx10-15r.

ABS/30min Cardio and off to work!

mkris7
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Things going great now, got th leg routine and eating regiment down now. Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my questions!

Had a eat up day (21/2 peanut butter and Jelly Sand which) Felt like a kid again..mm mm sooo good! Other than that the rest of my meals were clean and standard to contest regiment.

Great back work out yesterday and today is arms, calves.

Anyone doing any Northern Cal shows this year? I would love to be a source of support for you guys also! Let me know!

Thanks
Michael

KevinCouch
04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Things going great now, got th leg routine and eating regiment down now. Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my questions!

Had a eat up day (21/2 peanut butter and Jelly Sand which) Felt like a kid again..mm mm sooo good! Other than that the rest of my meals were clean and standard to contest regiment.

Great back work out yesterday and today is arms, calves.

Anyone doing any Northern Cal shows this year? I would love to be a source of support for you guys also! Let me know!

Thanks
Michael

Michael, glad to hear you workouts are going great and your diet....keep up the great work.

Mac
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Had a eat up day (21/2 peanut butter and Jelly Sand which) Felt like a kid again..mm mm sooo good!

I love PB & J sandwiches but always put the weight on quickly when eating them.

Great to see you logging on here Michael.

mkris7
04-06-2011, 03:20 AM
MACTECH, I have the same problem the PB & J stick with me too...

14 and 15 weeks out respectively.. I am a little hard on my self but things are coming together, just have to be patient.

I am getting up now a little earlier and having my first meal before heading to the gym and then off to work....I am having a serving of Oats with some banana slices and a scoop of protein in the mix...and then some coffee. Feel real good and it gets me through my work out....Tapering carbs off as the day wears on with my last carbs no later than 630pm.

swingslammer
04-06-2011, 04:07 AM
How long until you post some pictures? Keep cruising, the weeks will go by FAST !!

mkris7
04-11-2011, 02:25 AM
SwingSlammer, I am 13 and 14 weeks out respectively for the two shows. I will start posting training videos by week 8-10....

SOME THOUGHTS:
Forget how the "MIND GAME" is probably the hardest part of getting ready for a show. Man, I got on the scale today and I was up two pounds...but waist is getting smaller and the mirror shows that I am getting more and more conditioned.

I HATE THE SCALE!!!! Going to do my best to stay away from it and just use the mirror as I know what I need to look like to not embarrass myself. Can anyone relate?

Anyone doing any Northern California Shows? Would love to meet and support you guys also.

Hammerfit
04-11-2011, 08:25 AM
SwingSlammer, I am 13 and 14 weeks out respectively for the two shows. I will start posting training videos by week 8-10....

SOME THOUGHTS:
Forget how the "MIND GAME" is probably the hardest part of getting ready for a show. Man, I got on the scale today and I was up two pounds...but waist is getting smaller and the mirror shows that I am getting more and more conditioned.

I HATE THE SCALE!!!! Going to do my best to stay away from it and just use the mirror as I know what I need to look like to not embarrass myself. Can anyone relate?

Anyone doing any Northern California Shows? Would love to meet and support you guys also.

Don't let the scale fool you, the only thing that matters is the mirror. I gained 10lbs yesterday (one day after show) not a big deal in 3 days it will back down and harder. Keep hittin it hard.

KevinCouch
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
SOME THOUGHTS:

In my case, I use the scale to make sure I'm not losing too quickly..once my diet gets going my metabolism turns into high gear. All angles of the mirror, pics and if you have a brutally honest wife let her give you her opnion from week to week. The scale will screw with your head big time.

Michael what weight class are you shooting for and about what do you weigh now? Looking forward to seeing progress pics soon.....Keep up the great work, It will all be worth it!

MightyMetcalf
04-11-2011, 06:59 PM

What are suicide squats?

mkris7
04-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Kevin,

I am weighing 220 right now....My last show I competed in and won the overall I weighed 176 (middle weights), came into the night show at 191 with no loss of conditioning...but that was a long time ago, ancient history LOL :)

After I drop my water, I hope to weigh in at between 184 and 187 ((I am 5'9). I drop weight (or use to drop weight) fairly fast. My problem used to be staying full and not coming in to flat. Like you, my metabolism becomes a run away train (if that is still the case). But at the end of the day, it is going to be what the mirror says.

Honestly Kevin, I am little scared and excited at the same time because I really have no idea how I am going to look dialed in after all theses years away from competition. I hope after training all these years I gained at least 10-15 pounds of muscle LOL :) One thing for sure, it's a real adventure.

mkris7
04-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Kevin,

As far as diet, I plan cycling my carbs...been doing low carb up until now (but just don't have enough energy).

What do you think a good carb cycle looks like? I.e., 3 days low, one day high
or 2 days low, 1 day medium and 1 day high....any suggestions?.

Everyone else is also free to chime in on this question. Hammerfit, MacTech, Joe?

Thanks in advance

Mac
04-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Kevin,

As far as diet, I plan cycling my carbs...been doing low carb up until now (but just don't have enough energy).

Everyone else is also free to chime in on this question. Hammerfit, MacTech, Joe?

Thanks in advance

I would carb cycle according to your workout schedule. Obviously higher on the days you workout. If I go too low I lose energy at which point it seems counter-productive for me.

KevinCouch
04-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Kevin,

Thanks in advance

How low have your carbs been? I'm not a low carb guy my metabolism won't support it. At 3 months out depending on your condition right now I would still be taking in over 300 grams of carbs per day. Of course it depends on how much fat you need to lose. As far as cycling my carbs I'd go by how my body felt. If you have enough energy to train and function at work during the day then drop the carbs down a little until you hit the wall then bump them back up for a day. I'd usually last a couple of days at a lower carb day then I'd need a boost (usually on leg day).

Hammerfit
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
What are suicide squats?

jUCsLaWw5aU

Hammerfit
04-12-2011, 09:34 AM
How low have your carbs been? I'm not a low carb guy my metabolism won't support it. At 3 months out depending on your condition right now I would still be taking in over 300 grams of carbs per day. Of course it depends on how much fat you need to lose. As far as cycling my carbs I'd go by how my body felt. If you have enough energy to train and function at work during the day then drop the carbs down a little until you hit the wall then bump them back up for a day. I'd usually last a couple of days at a lower carb day then I'd need a boost (usually on leg day).

I agree w Kev here. Low carbs are for low training days. I.E. calves, abs, delts, etc. High Carb days are for legs, back and chest. Rest days should be very little to no carbs depending on your bodyfat and where you want to be. Also remember if you have a big day tomorrow, for instance a heavy leg coming up. Don't wait until 1 hour before training to carb up. If I'm training legs on Thursday, I start to carb up on Wednesday, I just will not eat any after dark:30.
I like to do Skip Loading on Sunday, then Chest Monday, Tuesday Back or Legs then Legs or Back on Wed. Those days all would be high carbs, then I will taper down the rest of the week, where by Saturday it's basically oats in the morning and that's it. Re-feed back on Sunday and your metab should blast.

axioma
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Just read this thread through. Glad you are here and showing what persistence gets you. Congratulations on the life change and best of luck on the shows.

mkris7
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Things going good. A little soreness in the knees but just hitting legs from more angles to keep the blood in the muscle and intensity up. 12 and 13 weeks out....I can see my abs (of course there not sharp) but I was so happy!!!!

Gosh I was pissed today, waiting for some supplements (BCAA's, and NoExplode) from UPS but my package was stolen!!! The tracking receipt stated that it was delivered on Tuesday but I never got it! Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!! Can't think of much else to say about it.

Can't let it throw me off, heading to the gym for some cardio

Hammerfit
04-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Things going good. A little soreness in the knees but just hitting legs from more angles to keep the blood in the muscle and intensity up. 12 and 13 weeks out....I can see my abs (of course there not sharp) but I was so happy!!!!

Gosh I was pissed today, waiting for some supplements (BCAA's, and NoExplode) from UPS but my package was stolen!!! The tracking receipt stated that it was delivered on Tuesday but I never got it! Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!! Can't think of much else to say about it.

Can't let it throw me off, heading to the gym for some cardio

Man sorry to hear about the theft. Keep positive and hittin it hard.

mkris7
04-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Hammerfit,

Thanks for the support! Tomorrow is an off day but will hitting doubling up on cardio for tomorrrow. God some good deals at Vitamin World so I picked up a Gaspari SuperMax Pump NO and some BCAA's so I am happy :)

You will be competing Saturday, yes? If so Goodluck, your caring a lot of quality muscle.

Hammerfit
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Hammerfit,

Thanks for the support! Tomorrow is an off day but will hitting doubling up on cardio for tomorrrow. God some good deals at Vitamin World so I picked up a Gaspari SuperMax Pump NO and some BCAA's so I am happy :)

You will be competing Saturday, yes? If so Goodluck, your caring a lot of quality muscle.

Im 3 weeks out trying to shred down

mkris7
04-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Just wanted to post a photo taken today...Clothes on....will post more revealing pics as I get closer into contest condition. I don't want to embarrass myself yet, because you guys here are very impressive....like I mentioned earlier...8-10weeks out I will be posting some training videos...and then at 5 weeks out will be posting photos.

masterschamp
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
What you have done is already impressive. Good Luck !

Keith

KevinCouch
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89563&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300177820 (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89563&d=1300177820)

Awesome transformation looking at this pic and the one above!! Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing progress pics....
Kevin

mkris7
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kevin!

Yesterday was a rest day, no cardio, just real nice rest..Looking forward to Chest and Cardio later today....

mkris7
04-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Great Chest workout today....

Flat bench pulled to the neck (old school) 5S X10-15R
Incline Bench Smith Machine 5SX10-15 Reps
Pull Overs 5s X 15R
Cable Flyes-5sX10-15R
Incline Machine Close Handle Press 5x12-15R
Mach Flys 3x12-15R

Heavy sets are no more than 225 on the bench or Incline

Great pump! Just had one wrench in my program. When doing Incline Smiths
I asked politely if I could work in with this kid. His respond was I have two more sets.
and he blew me off.....Geez, where is his gym manner? I responded politely once again, and told him there must be a misunderstanding, I never asked you how many sets you have left but only if I could work out while your resting in between sets....This little F@$$@ kid had the nerve to tell me I was getting an attitude with him! ..anyhow, he did his two sets and left and would not even look me in the eye.....This was at 24hr fitness. It always amazes me because If someone wants to work in with me...hey it's cool.

Any one have similar experiences with people hogging the equipment?

Mac
04-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Any one have similar experiences with people hogging the equipment?

Yes, all the time. They go to a machine, do 4 sets and sit there the entire time.

And this happens when I get up to go get a drink, someone has already taken over the machine.

KevinCouch
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes, all the time. They go to a machine, do 4 sets and sit there the entire time.

And this happens when I get up to go get a drink, someone has already taken over the machine.

I've had words with usually young punks about this in the gym..although a couple of months ago I was doing smith machine bench presses and had 2 45s, 10s and 5s on each side and just finished a set and sat up on the bench to rest between sets and this overweight chick came right up to the smith machine and began stripping the weight off one side so I said "I'm still using that weight" she didn't hear me cause she had earphones on then she went to the other side and began stripping the weight down right in front of me sittin there then I stood up and motioned STOP I'm still using this smith machine then she rudely said "oh" and gave me a look and walked away...after she had already stripped the weight from both sides. I was pissed. I didn't say anthing else to her and held my tongue, I could have been nasty but I wasn't.

Hammerfit
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I've had words with usually young punks about this in the gym..although a couple of months ago I was doing smith machine bench presses and had 2 45s, 10s and 5s on each side and just finished a set and sat up on the bench to rest between sets and this overweight chick came right up to the smith machine and began stripping the weight off one side so I said "I'm still using that weight" she didn't hear me cause she had earphones on then she went to the other side and began stripping the weight down right in front of me sittin there then I stood up and motioned STOP I'm still using this smith machine then she rudely said "oh" and gave me a look and walked away...after she had already stripped the weight from both sides. I was pissed. I didn't say anthing else to her and held my tongue, I could have been nasty but I wasn't.

It's hard to hold ur tongue sometimes w idiots! I had a similar situation w a kid just the other day he was just sitting on the low cable row resting between sets. I asked if he had much more left and he turned his head. I taped him on the shoulder and TOLD him I was working in. It worked, he ran for cover.

mkris7
04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Kevin, Hammerfit and Mactech for the last few comments! I hope everone's training is going well.

Some Thoughts for the day:

Chest and Cardio today.....man, I was so hungry this afternoon, I never knew how good a baked potato could taste! LOL

Broccoli with a dab of flavored mustard also helps curb those hunger Paines late at night (I don't get home to at least 11 pm and later if I am doing OT).

Had my weekly peanut and butter sand which yesterday...and you know what? I really did not enjoy it like I thought. Should of just made some egg whites with a dab of ketchup and backed some some potato slices and I would have enjoyed that more.....man that sounds good about now and it fits into the regiment LOL!

My wife is pretty jazzed seeing the transformation from week to week. This is the first time she has gone through it with me and is very supportive (we been married 8 years). But she can't believe how hard I am on myself. I told her I have to be because there you ain't covering much up there with those little jockey trunks they wear....if you ain't in condition, it will be a train wreck when you step on stage! LOL:)

11 and 12 weeks out now respectfully. Looked in the mirror and noticed a lot of vascularity through my biceps and forearms....Never was too vascular when I was younger and competing....but it seems this volume training and higher reps are what's doing the trick. No more 6-8 reps sets for me, especially because my shoulder and knee go on strike when I go under 10 reps LOL!

Well post workout when I get home tonight...

Thanks everyone for all your support!

mkris7
04-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Great workout!

Chest:
Smith Incline Press 3 warm up sets x 6 sets x 12-15 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell presses 5 sets x 10-15 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Flyes 5 sets 12-15 reps
Decline Presses-6 sets x 12-15 reps
Cable Presses 5 sets 10-15 reps
Cable Flyes 5 sets 12-15 reps

Techniques:
Pyramid up
Rest Pause on presses
Drop set on last set of presses
Squeeze and hold contraction 2-3 seconds on cable exercises.

45 minutes Cardio

bryantone
04-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Your lucky that she only STRIPPED the weights off. :hypno:

Hammerfit
04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks Kevin, Hammerfit and Mactech for the last few comments! I hope everone's training is going well.

Some Thoughts for the day:

Chest and Cardio today.....man, I was so hungry this afternoon, I never knew how good a baked potato could taste! LOL

Broccoli with a dab of flavored mustard also helps curb those hunger Paines late at night (I don't get home to at least 11 pm and later if I am doing OT).

Had my weekly peanut and butter sand which yesterday...and you know what? I really did not enjoy it like I thought. Should of just made some egg whites with a dab of ketchup and backed some some potato slices and I would have enjoyed that more.....man that sounds good about now and it fits into the regiment LOL!

My wife is pretty jazzed seeing the transformation from week to week. This is the first time she has gone through it with me and is very supportive (we been married 8 years). But she can't believe how hard I am on myself. I told her I have to be because there you ain't covering much up there with those little jockey trunks they wear....if you ain't in condition, it will be a train wreck when you step on stage! LOL:)

11 and 12 weeks out now respectfully. Looked in the mirror and noticed a lot of vascularity through my biceps and forearms....Never was too vascular when I was younger and competing....but it seems this volume training and higher reps are what's doing the trick. No more 6-8 reps sets for me, especially because my shoulder and knee go on strike when I go under 10 reps LOL!

Well post workout when I get home tonight...

Thanks everyone for all your support!

Good Stuff Bro! Glad the wife is behind you, it is very difficult otherwise. Afterall they get to reap the benefits of seeing their husbands all ripped up.:byeb::yep: Stay Strong!

masterschamp
04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
It's hard to hold ur tongue sometimes w idiots! I had a similar situation w a kid just the other day he was just sitting on the low cable row resting between sets. I asked if he had much more left and he turned his head. I taped him on the shoulder and TOLD him I was working in. It worked, he ran for cover.

That's the great thing about the Powerhouse where I train......ALOT of serious lifters and competitors that know the ropes....the "casual" trainers respectfully keep their distance! :)

Keith

mkris7
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
They Say Laughter is the best medicine..Enjoy everyone!

mkris7
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Legs was good yesterday....

Leg extensions-15Rx5S
Lying Leg Curls 15-20R x 5S
Vertical Leg Presses-5Sx15R
Close feet Leg Presses (working the tear drop) 4S-12-15R
Seated Leg Curls-5Sx15-20R
Standing Leg Curls 5Sx12R/Super set w/one Leg extensions.

40 minutes Cardio

Knees soar, hell it's hard getting old LOL :)
Getting Leaner and bodyweight dropping. I know I should never get on that blasted scale but once a week, I just want to make sure I am going into the right direction. The mirror has the finale say.

Yesterday upped my carbs and had one cheat meal. Nothing major, just rice noodle soup with Broccoli and Cabbage and some non-fat yogurt from the local Yogurt shop. After going low carb for 4 days, I could feel the extra carbs just fill up my muscle cells almost instantly. It is strange to actually feel it happen but it is also really cool lol :)
Other than ate clean and kept to my regiment.

One of the funny things about pre-contest regiment most people can't even relate to the focus and dedication it takes. For example, I have a friend at work that knows I am in this phase and he always asks me what I did over the weekend. I feel kinda bad because it is always the same answer-Worked out, ate, rest LOL! :)

This Saturday after training I was wiped out, but I was happy to lie on the couch and just watch the UFC Fights. Yes, I discovered that I really love to relax (when I have the chance) LOL :)

Hope every one is doing well and training hard and effectively. Today is chest for me and I just had my Oatmeal and coffee. Have a blessed day!

ayezer
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Good ttraining and thans for your support too.
good you have support at home.

mkris7
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Just finished my workout.....my post workout meal was great!!

8 oz steak, 1 baked potato and half a avocado. Feel human again LOL :)

Chest:

Smith Mach Incline Chest Press 8sx20-12r
Incline Dumbell Flyes 5sx12-15R
Decline Press 5sx12-15R
Cable Flyes 5sx12-15R
Suicide presses 5sets 12-15R

Machine Laterals 6 sets (non-shoulder day). Great Burn!!

45M HIT CARDIO
ABS 6 sets

All sets completed with deep squeeze, pyramid style.

Later tonight I will hit another 30 minutes of Cardio.

mkris7
05-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Just finished doing my second session of 40 minutes of Cardio today...ready to eat my last meal: 8oz of chicken and 1 cup of brocolli...

KevinCouch
05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Haven't posted in a while. Everything ok Michael?

Kevin

mkris7
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for checking in on me Kevin! :)

MOM had Congestive Heart Failure, she was hospitalized and now back home on Oxygen 24 hrs a day. She is going to have to make a life style change or she will die. Needs to eat healthy, make exercise a part of her daily life, stay on her heart meds and not smoke or else eventually it will RIP.

So between working full time and handling that Crisis, I have had not much time to post...but my training is still going strong....

Thanks again Kevin....:)

KevinCouch
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for checking in on me Kevin! :)

MOM had Congestive Heart Failure, she was hospitalized and now back home on Oxygen 24 hrs a day. She is going to have to make a life style change or she will die. Needs to eat healthy, make exercise a part of her daily life, stay on her heart meds and not smoke or else eventually it will RIP.

So between working full time and handling that Crisis, I have had not much time to post...but my training is still going strong....

Thanks again Kevin....:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! I hope she recovers and DOES make those lifestyle changes. Take care of your Mom and post whenever you can Micheal!! Take Care Bro.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Are you MOMs caregiver? I have had extensive experience in balancing caregiving with Bodybuilding is why I ask.

Baldie

mkris7
05-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Baldiewonkanobi,

Actually the last 6 years has been non-stop care giving and I am burnt out. I was working in the Caribbean when I got the cal 6 years ago that my grandmother was going to be put in home by her lovely kids......Not over my dead body, came back and took care her for 18 months until she passed away in her home. Then me and my wife cared for my grandfather (because his kids wouldn't) until he passed about two years ago from Parkinson and Alzheimer's disease. My grandparents had two daughters (they are real tools) but I stepped up to the plate because they help raise me.

I am at the point were my career and training in a more balance now in the sense that I have to accept that it is all not my responsibility...she can hire someone to help her if needs more than my wife and I are capable of. But that being said, I never say no to her and do the best I can (which never seems to be enough for her).

masterschamp
05-14-2011, 08:19 PM
I always tell my students that they will never fulfill their true potential as a person until they learn to become selfLESS rather than selfISH.

Keith

mkris7
05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Keith,

I agree wholeheartedly.

mkris7
05-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Hello everyone, I have news to share with you. After seriously evaluation my physique I have decided to push back my target date from July to October.

Many of you including Kevin, Mike and others here have been a tremendous inspiration. And I feel I am on track to reach the high level of conditioning that many of you have brought to the stage. But I need more time, right now I am hovering between 212 and 215. Need to keep bringing it down. One issue that needs to be corrected is my waist. I need to tighten up after coming down from 250. That is going to take a little more time and I think October will give me the extra time to dial in the way I need to. I want to make everyone here proud of me as you guys/girls have become such a great support system.

I will continue to train and diet to peak out in top shape and maybe it might happen a little earlier (if so, I will be on stage sooner).

I just want to thank everyone for raising the bar for me......

mkris7
05-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Here is a few current photos...will keep working on this piece of marble to I get it were it needs to be.

mkris7
05-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Had a good back and shoulder work out today! Could not get in yesterday...Worked Thursday 1pm to 3am Friday and then back at work at 9 am on Friday. Had a real bad abuse case I was working on with PD. But I forget about it all as soon as I am in the gym (thank God).

joedemarco
05-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Looking good! I think your decision to push back competition a few months is a good idea. You want to make sure you are 100% ready (mentally and physically) before you commit to competing. From your progress pics, your training looks like it has been right on schedule. Keep it going!

ayezer
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
you have plenty of size take your time and don't rush agree ahve been there as well.

KevinCouch
05-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I think you're making the right decisions Michael. Bring it down at a pace where you can hold onto to your muscle (if not even gain more) while your losing bodyfat and tightening your skin up. There's no rush for you to jump back on stage. You've got a very thick physique and when you DO step on stage you're gonna look awesome. Keep up the great transformation and it's just gonna get better from here!!
Kevin

mkris7
05-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Joe, Ayezer, Kevin,

Thank you for the support. And I thank all of you again for giving me the insight to take it to another level. You know how it is, at work and the gym people who never competed will say you look good. They have no concept of the type of conditioning (size and quality) that it is needed to truly be your best on stage.

Today is Legs....Every one have a blessed day!!

Hammerfit
05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree with Kevin, don't rush it. If you come down slowly you will hold on to more muscle. All you need is a sound nutrition plan and keep training hard and heavy. You have a great foundation to build from.

mkris7
05-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks Mike, well get in touch soon...Work has been kicking my butt!
I know how to get lean, been there done that....and I know I could have made the deadline for 7/15 but I would have come in depleted and my muscles would have looked flat...who cares if you have abs but look emancipated.

I acknowledge, that I need to consult regarding nutrition, so I can come in as big and full as possible while still being lean. You did a great job with your win.
You were carrying a lot of muscle as a heavy weight. One of my problems is psychological because in the past I was probably not eating enough because I was scared that I wasn't going to get lean fast enough. That left me feeling weak all the time...Don't want to go that route this time.

Here are a few pics from my last show years ago.....

mkris7
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
I came in at 175 but bumped up to 190 by the night show to win the overall, 15 years ago.

KevinCouch
05-22-2011, 09:54 PM
I came in at 175 but bumped up to 190 by the night show to win the overall, 15 years ago.

Dag Michael! You look awesome. Can't see you're entire quads but the upper quads look separated as hell and huge!!! Stay at it and I bet you can even be better than you were 15 years ago. Stay focused brother!!:yep:

mkris7
05-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Kevin,

The last few days have been rough mentally making this decision. When and were is your show going to be? Like I said, you have amazing genetics, even at my best, I never had the detail and vascularity you achieved. Man your back was paper thin in your photos. I almost cut myself you were so shredded! :)

mkris7
05-23-2011, 02:47 AM
We got keep this thing fun, so here is a laugh and some motivation to start the new week! :)

mkris7
05-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Chest was good today, threw in some bicep work to keep pace up.

Dumbell Press 5 sets: 15-10 reps (3 inch decline)
Cable cross over 5 sets: 15-12Reps (great squeeze and blood in the muscle)
Seated incline: 5 sets 15-10R
Dumbell pull overs: 5 sets 15 reps
Rope Pull downs: 3 sets 15 reps
Close Grip Machine Presses (vertical grip) 5 sets 15-12 Reps (drop set last set) Great squeez while keeping the chest lifted up (real strict).

Will be back after work for cardio

Hammerfit
05-25-2011, 07:43 AM

HELL YEAH! No reason why you can't look even better now!

Hammerfit
05-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Chest was good today, threw in some bicep work to keep pace up.

Dumbell Press 5 sets: 15-10 reps (3 inch decline)
Cable cross over 5 sets: 15-12Reps (great squeeze and blood in the muscle)
Seated incline: 5 sets 15-10R
Dumbell pull overs: 5 sets 15 reps
Rope Pull downs: 3 sets 15 reps
Close Grip Machine Presses (vertical grip) 5 sets 15-12 Reps (drop set last set) Great squeez while keeping the chest lifted up (real strict).

Will be back after work for cardio

Great Volume!

ayezer
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Michael, great pics yes you looked great I agree too you can do it again.
good shoulder tri work

hifrommike65
05-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Musclemag ran an article awhile back about returning to training after age 40. The writer said be careful of "useta"--what you "useta" do is not necessarily a good thing to do again in a gym.

Betty Pariso once said she had a serious injury that she never had surgery for. The interviewer asked her how she handled it. "I work around it," she said.

Same thing with Ozzie Smith, the St. Louis Cardinals hall of famer. He had a serious shoulder injury that everyone else in baseball was having surgery to repair, but he didn't want to be out for a year or more, so he rehabbed it & kept his mouth shut. Only his trainer knew. & Ozzie still did backflips in the outfield for the Cardinals fans.

freebirdmac
05-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Joe, Ayezer, Kevin,

Thank you for the support. And I thank all of you again for giving me the insight to take it to another level. You know how it is, at work and the gym people who never competed will say you look good. They have no concept of the type of conditioning (size and quality) that it is needed to truly be your best on stage.

Today is Legs....Every one have a blessed day!!

That's be me. But I'll support you and the others anyway :p

mkris7
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Freebird,

Thank you your support is truly appreciated and valued :)

mkris7
05-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Musclemag ran an article awhile back about returning to training after age 40. The writer said be careful of "useta"--what you "useta" do is not necessarily a good thing to do again in a gym.

Betty Pariso once said she had a serious injury that she never had surgery for. The interviewer asked her how she handled it. "I work around it," she said.

Same thing with Ozzie Smith, the St. Louis Cardinals hall of famer. He had a serious shoulder injury that everyone else in baseball was having surgery to repair, but he didn't want to be out for a year or more, so he rehabbed it & kept his mouth shut. Only his trainer knew. & Ozzie still did backflips in the outfield for the Cardinals fans.

I agree 100 percent! Actually, working around injuries has forced me to focus on the working the muscle more and not throwing around BIG weight. Now I make sure that I am "Feeling" each rep. Also, it has forced me to use different angles, and exercises I never used. Thanks again for chiming in, great advice!:yep:

mkris7
05-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks Ayezer for your support! Keep up the great work also! :)

mkris7
05-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Yesterday

BACK: AM

T-Bar Rows 15-12 R, 6 sets.
Reverse Grip cable rows 15-10 Reps, 5 sets
Vbar cable pull downs-15-12 Reps, 5 sets
Wide Grip pull downs 15R, 5sets
Machine Pull downs behind the neck 15-12 R, 4 sets

Squeezing out each rep, like your ringing out a wet towel! LOL :)

PM: 1 hour cardio.

Hammerfit
05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Yesterday

BACK: AM

T-Bar Rows 15-12 R, 6 sets.
Reverse Grip cable rows 15-10 Reps, 5 sets
Vbar cable pull downs-15-12 Reps, 5 sets
Wide Grip pull downs 15R, 5sets
Machine Pull downs behind the neck 15-12 R, 4 sets

Squeezing out each rep, like your ringing out a wet towel! LOL :)

PM: 1 hour cardio.

Nice Job! High Volume + Intensity = gettin it done!

mkris7
05-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks Hammer will be contacting you on my day off.....:)
Thanks for the inspiration....

mkris7
05-29-2011, 03:40 PM
All I can is SWIMMING! Yes, I swam some lats after training yesterday not much only 4 laps
but I have not done this in years and I had a great pump in my upper body LOL! :). That being said, I woke up this morning soar in my back, shoulders and legs..I felt muscles I never felt before LOL! :)

Anyone ever throw in doing some laps as part of their conditioning program?

Mac
05-29-2011, 04:38 PM
All I can is SWIMMING! Yes, I swam some lats after training yesterday not much only 4 laps
but I have not done this in years and I had a great pump in my upper body LOL! :). That being said, I woke up this morning soar in my back, shoulders and legs..I felt muscles I never felt before LOL! :)

Yes, I did. But the gym I am at now doesn't have one. I miss it.

KevinCouch
05-29-2011, 04:48 PM
All I can is SWIMMING!

Not as a regular cardio conditioning program but I know when I do swim a few laps my lunges are bleeding! And my shoulders and arms feel like they're gonna fall off!!

mkris7
06-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Photo taken today..

Physique Bodyware
06-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Keep up the great work!!

mkris7
06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
A little preview of upper body but still hovering around 213 but getting tighter and leaner. Hammering it out till I get to about 198 (I start getting bigger as I loose weight, I just got to stay focused. Won't know till I get there but I think I should be in top condition around 187 this time out, won't know till it I get there LOL!) :)

Hoss06
06-13-2011, 10:34 PM

They sit on their damn phone texting. Ugh! So damn annoying!

Baldiewonkanobi
06-13-2011, 10:38 PM
A little preview of upper body but still hovering around 213 but getting tighter and leaner. Hammering it out till I get to about 198 (I start getting bigger as I loose weight, I just got to stay focused. Won't know till I get there but I think I should be in top condition around 187 this time out, won't know till it I get there LOL!) :)

You should look fantastic at 198. Post a pic when you hit that goal.

Baldie

KevinCouch
06-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Lookin good. You're gonna make a great lightheavy weight wherever you end up in weight. I can already see your shape taking place. Keep up the good work.

Hammerfit
06-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Photo taken today..

Good structure, will look even bigger once you shred down some more.

mkris7
06-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Michael, Kevin, Bladie, Physiquebodyware,

Thanks for the support. Training hard and glad I have a good idea of where I need to get so I can get into the condition you guys dial in at.....The bar has been set here, in the meantime I will keep striving to get there.

Heading out Thursday to go train overseas for two weeks! Can't wait!
Everyone have a great father's day!!!

Thanks again,
Michael :)

mkris7
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
All right guys it's been a long road but I am back! Just started doing legs properly again, first time I hacked squated and squated in years. The last couple of leg work outs have been great and leaving me real soar!

I don't know if it is in my mind but I feel my upper body is responding better now that i got my leg workout back on track. Just feel like my workouts are more complete and productive now.

Legs,

Leg extensions
Hack Squat
Leg Presses
Sissy squats
One leg ext
Leg curls lying
Reverse leg curls
Deadlifs w/dumbells to finish of hams.

*Last leg workout did smith machine squats...

Hoss06
06-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Awesome! Way to come back strong Mike!

masterschamp
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Michael....great thickness...just take your time to dial it in and you will do great.

Keith

ayezer
06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
look thick

Hammerfit
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
All right guys it's been a long road but I am back! Just started doing legs properly again, first time I hacked squated and squated in years. The last couple of leg work outs have been great and leaving me real soar!

I don't know if it is in my mind but I feel my upper body is responding better now that i got my leg workout back on track. Just feel like my workouts are more complete and productive now.

Legs,

Leg extensions
Hack Squat
Leg Presses
Sissy squats
One leg ext
Leg curls lying
Reverse leg curls
Deadlifs w/dumbells to finish of hams.

*Last leg workout did smith machine squats...

Training legs always will make the rest of your body harder, Squats are more of a full body workout. Great comeback, keep it rollin!

mkris7
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
error

mkris7
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Just landed in the Dominican Republic, PUNTA CANA, got a good gym to train at and my first workout will be tomorrow here, I can't wait....will take photos to share of the gym I will be training at (if they let me). Early this morning before I left, I hit shoulders and cardio.

Shoulders:
Seated flyes at an angle 5sx15r
Rear delts dumbells reversed on an incline bench 5 sets 12-15 reps x5s
Smith Machine reverse shrugs (Lee Hany style) 5 sets 12-15 r
Upright rows with a rope 5sets, 12-15 reps
Rope pulls for side and rear delts 8 sets, 12-15 reps

45 min Cardio on the stairs.

mkris7
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Just having some fun so I thought I would throw this shot up.

mkris7
06-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Man down! Man Down!!! Oh Lord, went too heavy on hacks and wrenched my back. Oh man I am sore, can't bend over without pain and looking like a 98 year old man. Tomorrow is a mandated off day. Gosh I hope it don't get worst when I wake up. Man, this was a rookie mistake. Sometimes you feel real good and forget your not 25 again.

Hammerfit
06-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Man down! Man Down!!! Oh Lord, went too heavy on hacks and wrenched my back. Oh man I am sore, can't bend over without pain and looking like a 98 year old man. Tomorrow is a mandated off day. Gosh I hope it don't get worst when I wake up. Man, this was a rookie mistake. Sometimes you feel real good and forget your not 25 again.

Stretch your hips...get someone to help stretch you out. 800 mg ibuprofin

mkris7
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks Mike, well do!!

V-Man
06-25-2011, 10:13 PM
How did you get your shoulder nerve problem. I got one in my neck that caused my left arm to atrophy. Im trying to bring my arm back up to where its decent. The in a side tricep always show the right arm and hide the weak one.
Did you do anything for it or you just live with it like me.

mkris7
06-26-2011, 11:38 PM
VMAN,

My nerve damage was a result of years of lifting and having a shoulder injury. Too scared to get it looked at. But I feel I am doing good now, and making some good Gaines on that side of my body. It forced me to really feel the muscle while I was working it.

mkris7
06-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have decided to discontinue this thread and start a new one. As most know who read this thread, I was supposed to compete on the 7/8 and 7/15 for my comeback. I have learned so much in just the short time being here from everyone--Thank you.

It been so long since I competed, I fell into the delusion that I was in good off-season shape between 220-225. But reality was I was just lying to myself. Yes, in my clothes I had good symmetry and the "Full House" look but no where near being in shape as far as true off-season bodybuilding condition. I am currently, between 208 and 210 and feel this is a more accurate weight to be in the "Off Season". I can see my abs and I have good separation between all major muscle groups and I actually look like a bodybuilder now LOL! The right way to do it is being in shape all year round and then being within striking distance when it is time to get "show level conditioning".

That being said, I would not have that realization if it was not for the high standards that everyone here has set. Thank you again.

I feel I need a fresh start, a new thread to go with my new outlook on my training and contest prep. I have not given up on getting back on stage and there are a few shows that I am looking at even as write this so stay tuned. So please follow my new thread once I post it. Looking forward to continue to learn, share and being apart of this family here. This is really a special place.

Hammerfit
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have decided to discontinue this thread and start a new one. As most know who read this thread, I was supposed to compete on the 7/8 and 7/15 for my comeback. I have learned so much in just the short time being here from everyone--Thank you.

It been so long since I competed, I fell into the delusion that I was in good off-season shape between 220-225. But reality was I was just lying to myself. Yes, in my clothes I had good symmetry and the "Full House" look but no where near being in shape as far as true off-season bodybuilding condition. I am currently, between 208 and 210 and feel this is a more accurate weight to be in the "Off Season". I can see my abs and I have good separation between all major muscle groups and I actually look like a bodybuilder now LOL! The right way to do it is being in shape all year round and then being within striking distance when it is time to get "show level conditioning".

That being said, I would not have that realization if it was not for the high standards that everyone here has set. Thank you again.

I feel I need a fresh start, a new thread to go with my new outlook on my training and contest prep. I have not given up on getting back on stage and there are a few shows that I am looking at even as write this so stay tuned. So please follow my new thread once I post it. Looking forward to continue to learn, share and being apart of this family here. This is really a special place.

Great outlook on your goals. I guess the common theme you see here in our little community is that even after decades of working on our body sculpting the final product is never fully complete. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle not a sport IMHO. My goal is not to be the National Champion (that's a lie) but rather to be the best I can be with what I have to work with. (that's not) We are not all blessed with great genetics (me) so we have to do what we can to reach our goals. That being said I will and I know of at least a dozen others here will always be here to help or assist you in anyway possible to meet your goals. Stay Strong!

mkris7
06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Hammerfit,

thank you! :)

V-Man
07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Kris you still at it bro?

mkris7
07-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Kris you still at it bro?

Bangin away, but ended this thread and started a more recent one.
Thanks for checking:)